Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashes to Ashes: A Legacy [Temporary Hiatus 4/4]

Comments

• CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    @superkyle221 I love your crazy worst-case scenario ideas :naughty: Anything is possible right now ;) And thank you for the well wishes about the house!

@winterbaby20 Actually, this was a mistake on Joce’s part... she had no idea she accidentally gave Harper her bank statement :open_mouth:

@Bugsie2016 You’re so right... Joce doesn’t deserve that :( Hopefully Harper won’t do anything crazy! Or else we’ll replace her with tomato ;)

@wralai :naughty:
    snvAF3B.png
  • PurplishSimEaterPurplishSimEater Posts: 563 Member
    Tomato is a good boy who deserves all the pets.

Harper, on the other hand...well, let's hope she's honest and tells her Oma about what she found at the end of the chapter, but then again, she is a Rosebrook, so I'm not hoping for too too much given the family's exceptional communication abilities.
    Works in Progress: Fitzgerald Family Fables
    House: Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie | Wand: 12 1/4", Spruce & Phoenix Feather, Hard flexibility | Patronus: Black & White Cat
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    edited December 2017
    Oh no! She can't do that to my favourite Rosebrook! She just can't! It would be so unfair. Joce is such a kind person, it would be horrible to do that - Unless.... this was part of Joce's plan all along. I mean, she might have clocked Harper and hoped she'd do this...
    Edit: Oh just read your comment to @winterbaby20 , right, so Joce had no idea about this. Poor Joce. :( Big meanie Harper, but I think Harper knows she's doing the wrong thing. Ah, Harper will come round, she won't really go through with it... will she?
  • anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    Just delurking to say that I'm just trying to not think about...
    Harper "leveling up" her stealing problems to...steal from her own family. And Joce to top it all! :(
    Now all that is left is to wait and see. :s
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    Wow! I can hardly wait to find out what Harper does with this. I hope that she doesn't stoop so low as to steal from her Grandmother. It is too bad that she can't see that it is Eric's habit that her parents can not support. I have a feeling that they would be more than willing to help out if Eric would kick his habit.
    I sure understand you cutting back on your writing for now, moving is always a big undertaking, especially at this time of year. Try not to stress and enjoy this new adventure.
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    As always I am on the edge of my seat...

Tomato is adorable! :) Harper first being jealous of the dog then it turning to jealousy of her parents over a dog, obviously she is a bit insecure and maybe lonely too.
    So once again the conversation doesn't go Harper's way. Imagine that. Maybe Harper if you took some of your parents good advice things would go much better for you. Even Tomato looks sad about it. I wish Joce hadn't given her the wrong letter I am very afraid of what Harper may do with it. :# And poor Joce she looks so frail and thin. I am not looking forward to her passing. At. All. :'(

Congrats on 2 years with this story!! :) Don't worry one little bit about cutting back it's totally understandable! Enjoy setting up your new home and we all will be here anyway so relax and enjoy you only get your first house once! :)<3
    @PurplishSimEater He is a very good boy! And Harper is... not a very good girl :( But would she stoop that low? We’ll see...

@simscognito It will certainly be a new low for Harper if she actually goes through with it! :( Hopefully she won’t. Joce is such a lovely person :bawling:

@anaitapeva “Leveling up” while also sinking to a whole new low :confounded: Magbe she won’t go through with it though? Thanks so much for reading!!!!

@suzanna13 Thanks for your encouragement about the move! And yes, Harper is taking it so personally. She’s blind to the real reason for her parents refusal to give her money :( Typical Rosebrook *sigh*
    snvAF3B.png
    @haswh I didn’t mean to miss replying to you before!

Lonely and insecure are two perfect words to describe Harper, unfortunately :( And also stubborn... too stubborn to see reason and take her parents’ advice!

I am also not looking forward to Joce’s passing :( It will almost be as painful as Mari’s I think :bawling:

Thank you for your kind words and understanding <3
    snvAF3B.png
    @haswh I didn’t mean to miss replying to you before!

Lonely and insecure are two perfect words to describe Harper, unfortunately :( And also stubborn... too stubborn to see reason and take her parents’ advice!

I am also not looking forward to Joce’s passing :( It will almost be as painful as Mari’s I think :bawling:

Thank you for your kind words and understanding <3

Aww @CitizenErased14 . I'm with you all the way with Joce's passing. I am probably going to have to re-read all her chapters to cope with the idea there might be no more of her someday. :(

She was a truly special character and also a character you don't get to see often written well in literature.

I agree. Harper is lonely and insecure. In fact her insecurity has caused her loneliness, but her insecurity came from being lonely to begin with. It's a lose-lose situation for her. I really hope she pulls through because she is actually a lovely, brave person underneath. We saw that in her childhood chapters.
  • SpectresValkyrieSpectresValkyrie Posts: 317 Member
    Did Harper tell her parents about the baby? She should probably explain to her parents and Erik about the baby. Erik should probably also go to rehab. That aside, Tomato is such an adorable good boy. I really really hope that she doesn't end up stealing from Joce. Joce has always been in her corner and trying to help her. Joce hasn't done anything to Harper for Harper to do something so cruel. Congratulations on the two years of Ashes to Ashes. It has been a really enjoyable read! Also congratulations on the new house.
    ETagn5d.jpg
    @SpectresValkyrie she didn’t tell them :( She hasn’t told anybody yet... but she has to. So badly! And she definitely needs to NOT steal from Joce :( Hopefully she’ll make the right choice...

Thank you so much for the congratulations :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
  • kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member
    Tomato would never consider stealing from Joce.

Hozay is right, Harper has a choice to make and, looks like she’s going to make the wrong one.

Oh, congrats on the house!!!
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @kayt45: nonsense. I'm sure he tries to steal her dinner when she isn't looking. >:)
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    @InfraGreen Best comment :joy:

@kayt45 #Tomato4Heir And yes... great connection about the whole “choice” thing ;) We’ll find out next week which choice she made...
    snvAF3B.png
    @InfraGreen Best comment :joy:

@kayt45 #Tomato4Heir And yes... great connection about the whole “choice” thing ;) We’ll find out next week which choice she made...

I have faith in her. She'll make the right one, surely. She has a conscience, even if it's buried under her stealing habits... oh, that's it. It's her impulse to steal that might tip her over the edge. :(
  • PurplishSimEaterPurplishSimEater Posts: 563 Member
    If Harper messes this up, I'm allowed to send my Simself to slap her, right?

I mean, I understand why she'd do it, but that's no moral justification and would have a lot of social damages involved.
    Works in Progress: Fitzgerald Family Fables
    House: Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie | Wand: 12 1/4", Spruce & Phoenix Feather, Hard flexibility | Patronus: Black & White Cat
    @PurplishSimEater You might have to get in line! :joy: I have a feeling there will be many folks wanting to slap her if she goes thorugh with it!!!

@simscognito I appreciate your good faith! :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
  • winterbaby20winterbaby20 Posts: 2,413 Member
    if harper steals from her aunt Joce I will not root for redemption for her instead I'll be screaming for the book to be thrown at her. stealing from your fragile elderly aunt is stooping tooo low.
    Well guys, believe it or not, today's the day... TWO YEARS since I started writing about that dysfunctional, frustrating family we all love so much ;) My Rosebrooks :heart:

I wanted to give everyone a HUGE thank you for all your support over the past two years. It's been amazing! :heart:

To celebrate the A2A anniversary, I'll be posting some discussion questions here in the thread throughout the week. Feel free to participate, if you'd like to! :blush:

I'll be back later on with a discussion (I kinda have to decide which questions I wanna ask. Whoops :joy:) In the meantime, enjoy this shot I managed to get last night of the heirs, spares, and their spouses :heart: It gave me major feels to get them all together. I love them all so much :bawling:
    WF4i5Nv.png
    snvAF3B.png
    Just one word: MARK :bawling:<3:bawling:

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    Where is Tomato, the true heir of gen 6???
    uduVcAP.png
    Where is Tomato, the true heir of gen 6???

I demand a starring photo and many treats for this fine gentledog.

outrun / blog / tunglr
    @LadyLobster @InfraGreen Tomato is so special that he will get his own pic later :tongue: hehe
    snvAF3B.png
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    Well guys, believe it or not, today's the day... TWO YEARS since I started writing about that dysfunctional, frustrating family we all love so much ;) My Rosebrooks :heart:

I wanted to give everyone a HUGE thank you for all your support over the past two years. It's been amazing! :heart:

To celebrate the A2A anniversary, I'll be posting some discussion questions here in the thread throughout the week. Feel free to participate, if you'd like to! :blush:

I'll be back later on with a discussion (I kinda have to decide which questions I wanna ask. Whoops :joy:) In the meantime, enjoy this shot I managed to get last night of the heirs, spares, and their spouses :heart: It gave me major feels to get them all together. I love them all so much :bawling:
    WF4i5Nv.png
    That is sooo awesome! Toby is so tall! So many stories of struggles, heartbreak and happiness. Mark and Jocelyn... <3<3<3 There needs to be an alternate reality where they could have kids and grow old together...

And I have to laugh at Harper sitting right there in the middle of it all. It’s really sad that the Rosebrook home suddenly got so empty. She could have used some cousins to talk to.
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    edited December 2017
    @LadyLobster @InfraGreen Tomato is so special that he will get his own pic later :tongue: hehe

Yay! Congrats on 2 years!
    Also, I was planning something else but I created this instead. :) We need some happy rosebrook moments!
    ZEdSaXA.jpg
    Post edited by ForgottenPixels on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top