Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Good morning lovelies, this is just to say that.....

#BnS83 - A Townie Home, is now officially closed!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Thanks @Laebeth and @WiggleyTuff for your responses. :) I did try to delete the ceiling but then the roof did not show, it show sky. Is it maybe that ya'll are taking photos in game and not build mode. :/
    Yes, you have to be in game or 'live' mode to be able to use the camerman mode. Then you can 'page up' all the way up to the top of the building to take pictures inside the building with all the walls and roofs in place.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    Thanks @Karababy52, I missed your response earlier. If you took pick in tab mode then it is in game and not build mode. Thanks a stack everyone for the help. Next time I will take it in build mode. :)
    Thanks @Laebeth and @WiggleyTuff for your responses. :) I did try to delete the ceiling but then the roof did not show, it show sky. Is it maybe that ya'll are taking photos in game and not build mode. :/
    Yes, you have to be in game or 'live' mode to be able to use the camerman mode. Then you can 'page up' all the way up to the top of the building to take pictures inside the building with all the walls and roofs in place.

Thanks @BuildnShare :) Just figured that out with tab mode.
    #BnS84 - Familia

At first, it was just a slight rumbling. A shaking of the pictures on the walls and the rattling of dishes in Abuela's old heavy china cabinet. It wasn't scary. It was even kind of fun, despite the fear in Madre and Papa's voices. But then a second rumbling happened. This one was larger, scarier. The glass in the windows cracked and the neighbour's dog began to howl. Papa's hands were rough, but his voice was very quiet when he said "Now stay here. You'll be safe here. I will let you out soon." Then he shut the door. It was very dark in the very small closet. Papa yelled for Mateo.

Scarier, more violent shaking happened. There was a lot of noise. The sounds of heavy things falling, crashing. So very noisy. Papa said it was safe. He was right. Then the shaking of the ground stopped. Papa didn't come. There were smaller shakes, but then they stopped too. Madre didn't come. Neither did Abuela. And the door didn't open. Hunger came. And thirst. And fear. But no Madre. No Papa. No Abuela. Even Mateo, who liked to play jokes and go to the beach, didn't come.

After a long time, the door opened again. It was very bright and there were strangers in bright jackets. But the house was gone. The walls had fallen in. The ceiling. The china cabinet had fallen over and all her pretty dishes were smashed. And Madre, Papa, and Abuela weren't there.

You stare at the 10-year-old girl across from you. Her name is Sofia Rivera, and she sits on your couch holding the hand of her 8-year-old brother Adrian. Both have long black hair and huge brown eyes. "They said that Madre and Papa and Abuela were gone. And they couldn't find Mateo." Her bottom lip trembles.

You nod, "What happened next?"

Adrian speaks up next. Like his sister, he speaks simlish very well, but with a heavy accent. "The nice strangers told us that it wasn't safe to stay in our neighbourhood. That they were going to send us someplace we would be safe while they looked for Mateo. But the people that we were sent to stay with. They weren't very nice. The mama, she hit Sofia for arguing with one of her children. We decided to go find Mateo ourselves."

"And that's how you two ended up rummaging through my trash can in the middle of the night?" you ask kindly.

"Si, ma'am." Says Sofia. "We're sorry. Please don't send us back."

"Of course not!" you assure her. "You're both going to stay here with me until we find out about Mateo. Do you know how old he is?"

"Si, about 17."

"Mateo's your big brother?"

"Si."

"Ok," you glance at the clock. "Ok.Its very late and you shouldn't be out this late. Let me show you two to a bedroom to sleep in. In the morning we will work on finding your brother. I think I know someone to call."

With the two siblings tucked into the same bed upstairs, you go into your home office and flip through your contact list. The phone doesn't ring very long before a jolly voice says "Ah hello!"

"Hello, Kris! How is Mrs Kringle?"

"She's doing just fine." He booms, "What brings you to call me this fine winter night?"

"I need a favour. Can you find someone for me? A 17-year-old boy named Mateo Rivera. He has 2 younger siblings, Sofia and Adrian, who are here with me." You quickly sketch out the story to the sympathetic presence on the other end of the phone. As you tell the story, you grab a piece of paper and start to doodle.

"Well, you've done so much good for others over the years, that it’s the least I can do. I remember Mateo. He used to try to stay up and catch me for a long time. A good boy. Very responsible. Very loving." His voice turns from jolly and reassuring to serious. "But where will they go? They have no home. From the reports I've heard, that entire village was levelled."

You smile, "Leave that to me, Kris. How long will it take for you to find him? Do you know?"

"I will have him there by Christmas," Kris assures you. You know him well enough to know that if Mateo was at all alive, even injured, Kris would work a miracle to reunite the tiny family.

"Then I'll have everything ready by then." You say, already laying out plans.

Brief:
    • Your budget is $50,000
    • 3 bedrooms
    • 2 baths
    • 20x30 lot or smaller
    • Backyard for 2 children to play in
    • Style of architecture and interiors completely up to you

Sim Challenge

Create Sofia, Adrian and Matteo and showing them living in their new home.

Room Challenge

Create one of the three bedrooms, it can be for any of the children. Your budget is $10,000.

A reminder to use the entry form as is. If you are adding any pictures, please limit them to two per entry post and place them at the bottom of the entry form.

Deadline for this challenge is 20th December
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited December 2017
    A very sad story. :(@BuildnShare what nationality are they, French Spanish or Italian
    Post edited by abelhinha35 on
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited December 2017
    Looking forward to creating something for Sofia, Adrian and Matteo!
    Post edited by Simming_Spoonie on
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    A very sad story. :(@BuildnShare what nationality are they, French Spanish or Italian
    @abelhinha35 - their nationality isn't mentioned, so make them however you wish.

GArBA5W.jpg
    @abelhinha35 - their nationality isn't mentioned, so make them however you wish.

Okay, thanks :)
  • glen1974glen1974 Posts: 86 Member

@FaithofKaela Great job, another fantastic build from yourself as always. :smile:

• glen1974glen1974 Posts: 86 Member

@Laebeth I also did the Mitchell Glen but opted not to do the vaulted ceiling so not sure if this will count against me or not. Besides I was going to be over budget so had to scale waaaaay back. As a result there are a lot of aspects of mine I'm not entirely happy with. Your build is incredible though, so I will site it next to mine in game as comparison. :smile:
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    Thanks @glen1974 :blush:

I see we are competing in the same category too, that's great! Not many have done the Mitchell Glenn, so I was really excited to see you also did it :smiley: I like how you used the stone wall at the front. Looks nicer than the brick I chose :wink: And your landscaping is wonderful! I really struggle with landscaping, so I do a lot of these builds to get practice on it. For this build I am not happy, but oh well. I just couldn't be bothered to redo it all, so I decided to just go with it. So I think we both have areas we are happy with, and maybe not so happy with. haha :heart:

It's all about learning and trying, so I am having fun either way!

I did notice you also kept the normal ceiling, so we are on the same page there then! How much it will affect our judging remains to be seen I guess :blush: Will be exciting to get the judges comments!
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
    glen1974 wrote: »
    @FaithofKaela Great job, another fantastic build from yourself as always. :smile:

Thanks, @glen1974!! This challenge was such good fun. Although I think those who chose the Dunland got the easier deal :wink:
    edited December 2017
    Just to let you all know:

!!The TS4 archives are fully updated!!

You can find more details here. All past challenges are available with entry lists and previous winners.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • StangMix2StangMix2 Posts: 238 Member
    CHALLENGE #84: Familia
    FORUM ID: stangmix2
    ORIGIN ID: stangmix2
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: Brick Home
    LOT COST: §2000
    LOT NAME: Asphalt Abodes
    BUILD COST: §47.842
    TOTAL COST: §49.842
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/I5PzY
    ENTRY DETAILS: I would have loved to do a bit more landscaping, but I ran out of money
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    m9ImosR.png
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    very cool @Stangmix2! Lovely house and such a wonderfully cheerful interior for kids! Cool!!!!

I'm very impressed with all the 1950's style builds!! beautiful work!! I just gave up on mine as it was plum ugly..haha!
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member
    edited December 2017
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    Withdrawn
    Post edited by FoundMarbles on
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • MamajanaynayMamajanaynay Posts: 1,139 Member
    Both of your homes look great @FoundMarbles and @StangMix2 :)<3
  • MamajanaynayMamajanaynay Posts: 1,139 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: Mamajanaynay
    ORIGIN ID: Mamajanaynay
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Casa Solariega
    LOT COST: 1,500
    LOT NAME: Pebble Burrow
    BUILD COST: 47,641
    TOTAL COST: 49,141
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://ibb.co/album/ft0cOv
    ENTRY DETAILS: Casa Solariega is Spanish style home featuring an open living area with three bedrooms and two full baths. The back yard provides ample space for youngsters to run and play.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No cc/recolors
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: 12_10_17_2_45_07_PM.png

12_10_17_3_09_56_PM.png
    Wow - some really great builds coming in!! And on such a tight budget, I'm really impressed. Haven't started mine yet, hope to get to it later on this week...
    edited December 2017
    Thank you so much @Ainsleyf and @Mamajanaynay !

Beautiful houses @FoundMarbles and @Mamajanaynay. I'm so impressed what you guys got out of the tight budget :)
    ATTENTION STARTING OUT ENTRANTS TO #BNS83 - A TOWNIE HOME

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Beautiful houses so far! I'm with @StangMix2 , amazing what's been built with the tight budget...and they're all so different! <3
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    @FoundMarbles Very cool! Love your hallways and wrap-around porches!
    @Mamajanaynay Very pretty! Has such awesome curb appeal!!
    And congrats to @StangMix2 for the win and the bump up and @fidgetyatom for the Honorable Mention. Yay!
    Thank you @Ainsleyf ! I feel slightly intimidated by the bump up, I really don't think I'm that good :D But guess I'll learn right? :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top