Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• Options
    simmerpuff7simmerpuff7 Posts: 10 New Member
    I'm well into this challenge for a while now and am at a running total of 26 kids and my second matriarch is almost an elder. I didn't realise that you had to wait for your child to be a young adult, and have been noting down in my log the name of the kid as soon as they are born. However I will begin doing it the proper way as soon as I get back to playing. I'm having a blast!
  • Options
    snapun_simssnapun_sims Posts: 9 New Member
    Hello! I'm not sure that was discussed yet, but is there any rules about new toddler stuff pack? Also what about removing lot traits? I choose 'On lay Key' trait, and my matriarch keep having twins, and it's kinda annoying now. Could I remove it? Or choose new ones if my sims move in to another lot without traits?
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    @snapun_sims Yeah there are rules under City Living section regarding lot traits. Once you set them, they can't be removed; the initial decision is permanent. There was nothing in the rules regarding the toddler stuff pack. There's a note that says that any stuff packs not listed are irrelevant to the challenge. Hope that helps! Happy Simming!
  • Options
    @Ashleigh825 I absolutely love this challenge! Just started a few weeks ago. I have a couple of questions.
    I have all the packs, so I'm playing according to those rules listed in your guide. I'm also using the vampire and alien incentive where it counts as 2 kids once reach YA.

1). My vampire teen also has alien powers (the father was a vampire with alien powers). When she ages she would only count as 2 kids correct? I was curious since she is both alien and vampire if it would count as more.

2). My teen Sim was in a phase and was mortified. However, considering she met the criteria of an A in school & a character value within trait range, i decided to age her up. She aged to YA fine. I got to play her for a few mins. But something happened and since she was mortified, she ended up dying. Since she aged to YA & didn't die right away, does she still count as 1 kid?

3). I noticed under City Living section that once lot traits are assigned you are stuck with them. Are there any rules about moving to a new house? As my Sim household has gotten more money, I wanted to change lots. If I change lots, do I have to use the same lots as the previous house or can they be picked new?
  • Options
    kaylaholidaykaylaholiday Posts: 224 Member
    @Sha2520032003 I can answer #2- she does count as long as she aged up to YA. That seems a bit glitchy, since teens aren't supposed to die from their mood swings.

Not sure about #3, but I tend to lean toward the idea of of new house, new traits.

As for me, my Sim is pregnant with baby #14! She's had three sets of twins, despite the fact that she doesn't have the fertility trait or Ley Line lot trait. I'm having a lot of fun blogging my challenge- if anyone is interested, it's posted in my signature. I try to update at least every other day, and I currently have 20 chapters up. They're short and sweet, though. :smile: Also, if anyone else blogs on Wordpress, let me know- I'd love to follow you.
  • Options
    @Sha2520032003 I can answer #2- she does count as long as she aged up to YA. That seems a bit glitchy, since teens aren't supposed to die from their mood swings.

Not sure about #3, but I tend to lean toward the idea of of new house, new traits.

As for me, my Sim is pregnant with baby #14! She's had three sets of twins, despite the fact that she doesn't have the fertility trait or Ley Line lot trait. I'm having a lot of fun blogging my challenge- if anyone is interested, it's posted in my signature. I try to update at least every other day, and I currently have 20 chapters up. They're short and sweet, though. :smile: Also, if anyone else blogs on Wordpress, let me know- I'd love to follow you.

@kaylaholiday Thank you so much! Yeah it is a bit glitchy. My teen Sim came home mortified but it didn't say she was in an actual phase...but she had that teen slumpy walk & +50 embarrassment moodlet. I had no idea she would die after she aged up to YA. What was strange is that she didn't die right away. The birthday party was still in full swing. I took my eyes off her as I had an 8 Sim household (which I've never really played that many) & next thing I knew she was on the floor & grimmy was there. It was just so unexpected.

Thanks for the tip on the lot traits. I thought it was that way....new house, new traits.

Your game sounds like a lot of fun! Baby 14...wow! I'm going to check out your blog...can't wait! I'm doing a blog too, but so far it's just in MS Word. My Sim is pregnant with baby 11. But I'm playing with the vampire and alien incentives so once they all age up to YA, I'll be at baby 17. I love that incentive to count them as two kids. I've had enough of the vampire teens though, and have been using alien donors to hope for hybrid or alien baby.
  • Options
    kaylaholidaykaylaholiday Posts: 224 Member
    @Sha2520032003 sounds awesome! If you ever decide to publish it, I'd love to read it!
  • Options
    Amanda80Amanda80 Posts: 38 Member
    Whoa. Okay, so I have one baby, IRL. Well, she nearly four, so I guess that's not really a baby anymore. :( But sometimes, she feels like 100 babies.

This sounds crazy-challenging. And, I've only ever played legacies. I think I might start up a new game and give this one a go!
  • Options
    kpatton456kpatton456 Posts: 5 New Member
    I have a question about aging up. Do you age up children and teens as soon as they get an A in school, or do you wait until it's their birthday (and they have an A)? Or doesn't it matter?
  • Options
    kpatton456 wrote: »
    I have a question about aging up. Do you age up children and teens as soon as they get an A in school, or do you wait until it's their birthday (and they have an A)? Or doesn't it matter?

@kpatton456 - you can age up children as soon as they have an A in school. It doesn't have to be on their birthday. For teens, if you have Parenthood teens have to have an A & one character trait in range (good or bad) before aging up. If you don't have Parenthood, then teen would just need to have an A to age up. I age my kids up as soon as they have the qualifications....the sooner they get to YA and out of the house, the sooner I can bring more babies in the household.
  • Options
    kpatton456kpatton456 Posts: 5 New Member
    @Sha2520032003 - Thanks for your reply! That makes sense to me! I'm just starting the challenge (am I nuts??) and the first child is almost an A student.
  • Options
    @kpatton456 Cool, how's it going so far? I started the challenge a few weeks ago, thinking that I was nuts to even try it lol. But I'm on baby mother #1 & kid # 12. With the vampire/alien incentive, my count is actually 17 since they've aged to YA's. I love this challenge! It was super rough in the beginning, with having no money, no job. But my matriarch, she's got the house running like a well oiled machine. Finally have a decent house, some money, etc. so it's not so bad. Those vampire babies though...whoa, when they age to teen....they're quite the handful. Are you playing with the vampire/alien incentives?
  • Options
    SimbitiousSimbitious Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey all! Playing the challenge and currently my first matriarch is an elder with 33 babies (oof).
    I actually have a question that has been asked on this forum before but I have not seen it answered.

I'm using the MC Command center for story progression as I like to see "my" kids going off having their own life.
    Now there is this option to recieve child support. Would that be considered cheating if I use that feature? Note that alot of dads are no longer with us so they will probably not count.

Hugs!
  • Options
    @Simbitious Hi! Wow, 33 kids in generation 1....impressive. It probably would be a form of "cheating", since the only way to earn money is through a work from home City Living career, collecting, writing, etc. But I honestly think it can be used at the player's discretion. I have MC as well, & I usually remember to disable it when I play my 100 Baby save file....but sometimes I forget, as I switch between save files fairly often. You really don't get that much from child support (at least in my game I didn't).
  • Options
    immamuffinimmamuffin Posts: 1 New Member
    Can any of the matriarch's children help out on taking care of one another? i couldn't find anything that says yes or no.
  • Options
    Chizu93Chizu93 Posts: 15 Member
    [quote="immamuffin;c-16110558"]Can any of the matriarch's children help out on taking care of one another? i couldn't find anything that says yes or no.[/quote]

I don't see a reason why it wouldn't be ok, atleast that's how I will be playing this challenge. :)

I just started out this challenge for the first time ever yesterday. Managed to have a set of triplets and a set of twins. Don't know now will I wait for a bit until next babies, having five toddlers at the same time is a nightmare for me. Thankfully they are able to take food by themselves if food is left on counter so my starter sim could have atleast a tiny bit of sleep. :D

There was also a "funny" thing in my game yesterday. I invited the father of my triplets over, to "help" with kiddies, then all of a sudden the father of twins came over also. Well, the twins father flirted with my gal and obviously the father of triplets got quite angry. The funny thing is, neither of them are leaving anywhere. They were at my house for third day in a row and I didn't have the option to ask them to leave, because it just said that the sim is already leaving, despite neither of them leaving anywhere. A common bug of just clingy baby-daddies not wanting to leave their babies alone with mommy? :'D
  • Options
    FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    @Chizu93 actually.. it's been a bug since toddles came out. It isn't just clingy toddlers. It is all toddlers. if you want the fathers to go away, you can make a group with them, and then the option to ask to leave will be there. I think eventually they will come back, but it does give a break from them being around, if you need one.
  • Options
    Amoni__AaliyahAmoni__Aaliyah Posts: 3 New Member
    Can you use the child support option which comes with MC Command Center?
  • Options
    LuclyluLuclylu Posts: 437 Member
    edited November 2017
    Officially have started this challenge, it’ll be interesting to see how it progresses as I’ll bounce between this save and my legacy.

So far my matriarch, Stella Moody, just had twins with Dennis Kim and is now pregnant with Akira Kibo.

Baby #1 - Belle Kim-Moody - Twin Girl
    Baby #2 - Balthasar Kim-Moody - Twin Boy

Anyone else blog this challenge? I’d love to read them. So far I’m not as my gaming stints are when my son is napping (usually only for 10-40 minutes) or after bedtime.

Edit: Doing a Christmas naming scheme
  • Options
    breezydeerbreezydeer Posts: 111 Member
    Will the rules be updated for the new pets expansion?
  • Options
    JasmineSkyJasmineSky Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm going to catch up on what's been happening in the last few pages of the discussion, but for now I just thought I'd add that I'm just starting this challenge and looking forward to seeing how it goes! For the first three pregnancies I had a new donor lined up impregnating her the same day she gave birth, but with two sets of twins screaming around the house she hasn't had time to breathe let alone get pregnant again so it may be a while before we get baby number six, here's how my family is looking so far:

Matriarch: Verity Green, a Family Orientated, Romantic, Art Loving Serial Romantic

Baby One: Oliver Green (son of Travis Scott), Child, a Kleptomaniac Rambunctious Scamp (was an Inquisitive Toddler).
    Baby Two: Amelia Green (Jake's Twin, daughter of Clint Vernick), Fussy Toddler.
    Baby Three: Jake Green (Amelia's Twin, son of Clint Vernick), Clingy Toddler.
    Baby Four: Isla Green (Ava's Twin, daughter of ?), Baby.
    Baby Five: Ava Green (Isla's Twin, daughter of ?), Baby.

Current Heir: Ava Green (although it shouldn't stay that way for long!)

I can't remember baby daddy number three's name! I know he's got a wife, a teenage daughter and a child son at home, so Isla and Ava have extra half-siblings! I'll update once I'm at home with my notebook.

Verity was doing lot's of painting at first, but she hasn't found time in a while, so we're struggling slightly for dough. I am using the money from the free bassinet's provided by social services to buy each toddler bed so far, may be slightly cheeky considering I know a new baby will be along needing a bassinet soon, but hey I'm doing what needs to be done to keep my kid's in beds. Oliver was a fairly easy toddler until fussy and clingy came along and started running the show, I'm looking forward to playing him as a child now, I don't like seeing him as miserable as he has been so far!
  • Options
    Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Can you use the child support option which comes with MC Command Center?

No. The donors cannot contribute to the household in any way, shape, or form, including financially. Your matriarch must support her children on her own.
    breezydeer wrote: »
    Will the rules be updated for the new pets expansion?

To keep the challenge simple, I have not been updating for every pack if there's nothing in the pack I feel needs to be restricted, but I may make a note about the vet career for matriarchs. Since vet clinics function like restaurants and your matriarch can manage her own restaurant, I'm going to say she can run her own vet clinic as well. She can have pets of her own, but keep in mind they take up a household slot.
  • Options
    Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    UPDATE: I lied. I got inspired and not only updated the challenge for Cats & Dogs but also added an entirely new, optional 100 Kitten/Puppy Challenge. Go check it out. ;)
  • Options
    summer_berrysummer_berry Posts: 105 Member
    I started this challenge a little while ago and was having one baby after the next, it got overwhelming pretty quickly (especially with twins!). I might try slowing down a little but instead of one directly after the next, it's so difficult to keep up with all the toddlers at once! I just started again with a new matriarch, I think this version is going to go better.
    "We make our own future." - Dean Winchester, Supernatural
  • Options
    Dragonkeeper889Dragonkeeper889 Posts: 11 New Member
    HEY, I need some help with this challenge.......what do you do if you have twins cause it's meant to be 1 kid per father

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top