Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build Mode Feedback for EA

Comments

• BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    @BlueShreve there are 3 options you can use for viewing walls/roofs: 1) cut-away, 2) walls down, and 3) walls up. Walls up will show all walls, so try that option. Spandrels also will not cut-away in the walls up mode. Changing lighting color and intensity in build mode has been requested.

@Nore I'm not seeing any flickering with that stair railing either. I wonder if what you're actually seeing is some flickering at the juncture of foundation and stairs. This is a known glitch that we've reported. If that's not it, perhaps you could post a screen shot showing your structure and the stairs connected to it so that we can try to reproduce it.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    This is most probably known already but thought I'd pop this in just in case. In my latest build I'm employing a small tower with a conical roof on the ground floor room but it is cutting into the second storey room.

busrDCg.png
    MPountE.png
    I'll take a look @sawdust.

To all: I think I may have found a bug - just looking for confirmation before I post on AHQ for it. In my game, the Outdoor Conversational couch (from City Living), a 3 tile couch, will not seat 3 people, whereas the other 3 tile couches do. If someone else could check it in their game and let me know, I'd appreciate it!
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited December 2017
    *Get Together

@BryonyRae Confirmed for me, blocked route and/or thought bubble of the sitter in the way occurs and the action can not complete. The right side of the couch seems to be missing its third seated slot.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • BlueShreveBlueShreve Posts: 550 Member
    edited December 2017
    @BryonyRae It doesn't work in mine either. In one household the 2 would sit, the third sim directed to sit would wave as if it were blocked. tried it in a second household and directed 3 sims to sit. as the second one approached to sit the first one would stand up, could not get more than 1 to sit at a time. hope that helps.
    ZH6FuAy.png
    ----> Check out and download my creations HERE <----
    ----> View my Showcase thread HERE <----
    Enlarged (+1) fireplaces cannot be lit if never lit prior and if you shrink it back down it still cannot be lit, it must be replaced. Once lit it can be enlarged and the sim can then warm self and put out per normal and will be able to relight it while enlarged. Alternatively, a fireplace can be shrunken and it still works as normal (tho the animated fire itself doesnt shrink per usual) Probably working as intended but weird in any case.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • KalinoKalino Posts: 36 Member
    It would be great if we have roofs with half-walls! :D
    EA ID: TheKalino
    Tumblr: Kalino-theSims
    Twitter: TheKalino
  • SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    Kalino wrote: »

That would be amazing!
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • BlueShreveBlueShreve Posts: 550 Member
    Kalino wrote: »
    that would be great.

ZH6FuAy.png
    ----> Check out and download my creations HERE <----
    ----> View my Showcase thread HERE <----
    @sawdust tried to recreate the issue in my game, but the roof is not intruding. I've tried various heights and even with the roof pulled well into the room's interior (and the joined room's interior as well). Have you tried redrawing that room (using the custom room tool)? Also, if you can recreate this, maybe upload a test lot to the gallery that I could pull down?
    @Nectere good to know. I think some oddness is to be expected if we enlarge and/or shrink functional objects. As such, it's definitely wise to test them and probably to steer clear of changing the size of any that we want the sims to actually use. I would not expect devs to fix animations and other details based on 6+ different possible sizes of something. :D
    @BlueShreve, @Kalino, and @NickSims that request is already on the index: 12/10/15 Please add a ceiling/roof type object to be used in conjunction with half walls so that they can be used as flat roofs.
    edited December 2017
    Thanks for the confirmation on the sofa bug, folks. It's reported here. "Me toos" are always appreciated. :)

And just as a status update, I am *still testing* all the build mode bug reports we've accumulated over the years and thus haven't updated this thread's index yet. Sorry it's taking so long - lots of real life stuff going on at the same time plus holidays!
  • KementariKementari Posts: 925 Member
    edited December 2017
    @sawdust and @BryonyRae I have experienced that issue with the roof protruding into the room on a few occasions too. I could never fix it even after redrawing the room completely. I ended up going back to the old way of doing a half octagonal roof. I also find that if you extend the eaves on the octagonal roof that they protrude through the ceiling below it. I only noticed this on the second floor and not the first.
    Thanks for testing @BryonyRae. There is something wrong in the build as applying internal wallpaper in one of the downstairs room on one wall applies it to the outside as well yet I cannot work out why. The room shows as being whole (not broken) so I'm at a loss. I can only think it has something to do with the stairs, similar to the error they cause with friezes. I'll keep working on it. :)
    Getting more problems now @BryonyRae, can't place windows where I placed them before in the roof. But, further to the original problem ... did you extend the eaves? I don't like the finish of circular on octagonal as the room edges show underneath so I extended the eaves one click. Without that extension the roof doesn't clip.
  • simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member

I don't know if this is the right place to voice this, but it is a build mode feedback thread, so maybe? Anyway.... EA, please, please, please give us the ability to change our pictures for our gallery builds. I love building in sims so much - it's always been probably my single favorite aspect of every sim game I've owned (Sims 2, Sims 3, and now Sims 4). And if I'm happy with what I've built, I love to share it with others but my two options now seem to be:

1) Share it with just the tiny, fuzzy automatically generated pics that don't show any of the special features or details that might make someone want to download, but keep that 'nocc' status, or...
    2) Change the pictures to really show people what they'll be getting, but get hit with 'the wrench' even though there's no actual custom content in my builds. And because of that wrench, almost no one will see it.

I can look at my past uploads and see the difference. On builds that I used an image changer (the 'No Place Like Home' and 'Bachelor Pad Starter' builds), but BEFORE doing that tagged it as having custom content, a fair number of people downloaded, I'm sure, because they could see what they were getting. I put a lot of effort into my builds and play test everything before uploading. I think taking the time to change the pictures to show the build in its best light kind of subconsciously says to people that 'attention to detail' was used in the build.

I live in a rural area and my only internet option is a hotspot through my phone, so my data usage is precious and very limited. I sure hate using some of that data to upload builds that no one will see. :/
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • NoreNore Posts: 236 Member
    edited December 2017
    Sorry for the delay in responding. I took some pictures and circles the flickering area in teal.

As you can see there is an object (the pawn chess looking item) but it does not actually touch the rail of the stairs. It instead is placed on the end of the fence by the stair rail. The stair rail does not have any objects near it.

The exact part of the stair rail that flickers is circled in the 2nd picture. It flickers on both sides as shown in the 3rd picture. The flickering stops if you delete and undo the deletion of the rails but returns if you go to manage worlds and return.

890780636038ab6020aab81a6273fcae9e336c804b786719b1f0aa1e1d93ae6d325b8ad4.jpg

754519688945fe65453fc4e8459ac2a4dcaf978326f3423bfbd1a92f6419fa5c3e7cc03a.jpg

260782982a11e02a721ce2c81d3776465c4e6ab5d23af05c36c60e8d4044de11921a9961.jpg
    Link to my showcase thread: NoreKP Showcase

Link to a story I started: Chronicles of a Simki

Origin ID: NoreKP

Latest build: When Baroque Met Modern
    4584899921fd5b78c0674fd01372085ee844519960c626fcee531895d7bd6d3af4b9e81c.jpg
    @Nore It's highly likely the footprint of the pawn statue intrudes on the stair rail. Have you tried removing them and seeing if the flickering remains? And anything else that might intrude as well.
  • NoreNore Posts: 236 Member
    Yes should've mentioned I moved the statue and the pillars and there was still flickering. I also deleted the rail just to make sure there wasn't a second rail. My best guess is it maybe has something to do with the foundation
    Link to my showcase thread: NoreKP Showcase

Link to a story I started: Chronicles of a Simki

Origin ID: NoreKP

Latest build: When Baroque Met Modern
    4584899921fd5b78c0674fd01372085ee844519960c626fcee531895d7bd6d3af4b9e81c.jpg
    edited December 2017
    @Nore so far the only flickering I could find was here:

A2B6XAy.png?1

trying to replicate your build in that area and flicker area where the stair back meets the foundation was completely removed (used stairs as part of foundation instead of snapping stairs into foundation):
    K6ckY1w.png

Could it be lot specific? Have you tried putting that build on a dif lot to see if the flickering remains? Or rotating it?
    Origin ID NectereSim
    @sawdust sorry for the late reply. Yes, I did extend the eaves, and the roof still did not intrude. Would it be possible for you to share the build on the gallery? Or to recreate the problem on a new lot and then share that one for testing?

@simsinmysleep there is a thread that was created for suggestions regarding gallery pictures. Take a look here.

@Nore is this build on the gallery? If so, could I get a link so that I could take a look?
    @BryonyRae My build should be on the Gallery soon so you can take a look at it if you want. Will let you know when it's up. :)
    I made a temporary fix by putting one of those built in wardrobes so it can't be seen. :)
    Sure @sawdust just let me know. :)
    @BryonyRae I put that build on the Gallery. It's called "Cinder Manor". My origin ID is sawdust123. :)