Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help needed!

* Reposted from Technical Discussion

Hey everyone,

Lately my Sims game has been so laggy that I'm considering giving up playing!

Here are some of the issues I've been experiencing:
1.) My sims take a ridiculously long time cleaning up and washing dishes. So long that I've decided to just drag and drop dishes and trash into the trash bin
2.) I can't spin sims around in CAS unless I use the buttons
3.) My sim takes a long time watering plants, and by a long time I mean like 3 sim hours
4.) My sims take a long time doing any task so I have to keep debugging them to get them moving again.

I've tried resetting the game, repairing the game using Origin, putting the game on low graphic settings and in windowed mode and nothing works.

Help me please!!

❀ нєℓℓσ ι'м ρℓυмвσвgяαη∂мα! ❀

Comments

• Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Can you please post your computer specs? These are found under the Black Apple Logo in the Upper left hand corner.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • PlumbobGrandmaPlumbobGrandma Posts: 438 Member
    MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
    2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
    8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

• StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited December 2017
    * Reposted from Technical Discussion

Hey everyone,

Lately my Sims game has been so laggy that I'm considering giving up playing!

Here are some of the issues I've been experiencing:
    1.) My sims take a ridiculously long time cleaning up and washing dishes. So long that I've decided to just drag and drop dishes and trash into the trash bin
    2.) I can't spin sims around in CAS unless I use the buttons
    3.) My sim takes a long time watering plants, and by a long time I mean like 3 sim hours
    4.) My sims take a long time doing any task so I have to keep debugging them to get them moving again.

I've tried resetting the game, repairing the game using Origin, putting the game on low graphic settings and in windowed mode and nothing works.

Help me please!!

The Sims Mac Section https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/bd-p/The-Sims-Mac

Are you using Mods and CC, if so you should start there removing them so that you can check to see if your game works without them?
    move the mods folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to your Desktop and start the game.
    Just like the game, Mods and CC need to be updated as well. :) good luck and happy simming.

https://simsvip.com/2017/11/07/incompatible-modsupdates-november-7-2017-patch/

For you Mac's
    To find your Mac's basic specs, click the Apple icon in the top left corner of your screen. From the drop-down menu, click About This Mac to open the System Information window.

The System Information window will show you an overview of your system, including what version of OS X you're running, your model, your processor, your installed memory (RAM), your graphics card and your serial number.

For more details on your memory, or RAM, click the Memory tab. Here, you will see how many memory slots your system has, how many are in use, and what size RAM stick is in each slot.

Graphics card

To find your graphics card, just look at the System Information Overview -- it will list the type of graphics card you have under Graphics. If you want to find out more about your graphics card, click System Report... in the lower left corner of the System Information Overview screen. A new window will pop up with an overview of your Mac's installed hardware.
    Post edited by Stormsview on
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
    @PlumbobGrandma, do you play with any mods or CC? If so, these could be causing the lag. Just trying to cover all bases.

And early morning oops lol.
    Yes, but I wanted to shower and wash my hair, and then get back to it, Thanks your always my Hero @Tremayne4260 :)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    edited December 2017
    Hi! @Tremayne4260 @Stormsview
    Did I not provide the correct Mac information?

And I resetted the game files, removed all custom content and repaired the game as well as playing in offline mode. It helped a lot! Thanks everyone!

<3:) happy Simming
  • megamultikillmegamultikill Posts: 1 New Member
    when i start my sims 4 its crasing :'(

Have you tried starting your sims 4 in Origin? and Not the desktop icon. have origin online and also for your in-game. Origin can help if allowed.
    Crashing can be different problems, but that's a starting point. happy simming. :)
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    @PlumbobGrandma DO NOT have Origin in-game enabled. It can be the cause of so many issues on a Mac. If you have your in-game graphics settings too high it can cause major lag. You can easily reset them by trashing the Options.ini file in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4.

@stormsview I take it you're not a Mac user? We tend to provide more specific help in the Mac forum, not just copy and paste answers.
    apple-signature.png
    Origin can stabilize a crash, you can turn it all off after and go offline, that's what I do.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »
    Origin can stabilize a crash, you can turn it all off after and go offline, that's what I do.

Are you on a Mac?

apple-signature.png
  • squarepantiessquarepanties Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello, my game is lagging beyond belief! Start up is alright, but everything else keeps freezing and lagging. I've restarted my PC, repaired the game and uninstalled and reinstalled. Nothing works.
  • princessmaybayprincessmaybay Posts: 3 New Member
    had just downloaded more CC furniture to add to my game, I tried to open the game, but my game wouldn't start! I restarted my computer, but nothing happened, then I tried moving the resource.cfg thing into the mods folder, and it came up with a message saying "This file is already in this folder" so I clicked to replace it, then I opened my game, then it had deleted every single one of my game saves! If anyone has a MACBOOK, please speak up :'( :'(
    @squarepanties and @princessmaybay please tell us what kind of Macs you have. Information is found under the black Apple Logo in the upper left hand corner. Also, have either of tried playing a vanilla game? Move your Sims 4 folder to your Desktop (Documents > Electronic Arts >Sims 4) Do not delete this folder as your saved games are stored there. Try starting up your games again if the issues persist.
  • scott_andrews92scott_andrews92 Posts: 16 New Member
    > @princessmaybay said:
    > had just downloaded more CC furniture to add to my game, I tried to open the game, but my game wouldn't start! I restarted my computer, but nothing happened, then I tried moving the resource.cfg thing into the mods folder, and it came up with a message saying "This file is already in this folder" so I clicked to replace it, then I opened my game, then it had deleted every single one of my game saves! If anyone has a MACBOOK, please speak up :'( :'(

It may be the CC itself that's causing the game to not open. I know this happened to me, and once I removed the recently added CC, it worked once again!