Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Fantastic year" ?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    [2016] EP03 CL, GP03 DO, 5 SP, Major patches: 16th Anniversary, Challenges, NPC services and CAS Gender
    Strange that nobody likes 2016 with City Living, Dine Out and some of the best SPs. Not such a bad year!

Couldn't care less about rug rats, etc., so 2016 was a much better year for me than 2017, several packs of which I've no interest in.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,191 Member
    [2017] EP04 CD, GP04 V, GP05 P, 3 SP, Major patches: Toddler
    The best year thusfar, though that doesn't count for much when it achieved "best year" status by being a 6/10.
    Well its still the best . It had given me some faith back ino sims 4 . After the bore last year
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited December 2017
    I appreciate that they brought back a life-state that they took away from the base-game and Cats and Dogs, but I'm still waiting for them to come out with Werewolves in a more developed state. I'm not one that plays vampires though I have nothing against anyone who enjoys them. I just prefer the Lycanthrope supernatural life-state over the Vampire one. And I love the idea of that homicidal climbing wall in the Fitness Pack. Watching a Sim get torched in Sims 4 and jumping up and down in panic is the ultimate in hilarity to me. (Yeah, I know, I'm a twisted flark).

@cactusjuice - Awesome'd :D C'mon be nice. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    2017 wins for me on toddlers and Parenting alone... unless they add preteens fix babies and Seasons comes out next year I think Sims 4 is downhill from here on out.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    ST7_MTNMANST7_MTNMAN Posts: 172 Member
    ehaught58 wrote: »
    From a builders point of view.... none! This version was obviously not meant for "experienced" builders. :(

Yeah! Even though they made it sound sooooooo great prior to launch!

As far as thread goes none!
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    [2016] EP03 CL, GP03 DO, 5 SP, Major patches: 16th Anniversary, Challenges, NPC services and CAS Gender
    This version was not meant for Sims veterans period. Only naïve newbies with more money than sense. But for highly capable modders this thing would be DOA.
  • Options
    NikNakNikNak Posts: 302 Member
    Voted 2016, but I'm mostly unimpressed with their definition of "fantastic year". I don't think that's going to change anytime soon.
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    I'd also add that these should be cut up into half-years. Q1 and Q2 of 2017 were fantastic. Q3 and Q4 not so much.

Yeah that is my issue. I don't really know what to vote because I liked one half but really didn't enjoy the other. 2015 has GT which I enjoyed and GtW which I liked the aliens of and Newcrest which I love, I feel the two are about equal in my mind.
  • Options
    Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    Toddlers, vampires and parenthood, do I need to say more. <3
    They made the game much more playable for me.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    I'd also add that these should be cut up into half-years. Q1 and Q2 of 2017 were fantastic. Q3 and Q4 not so much.

Still a better score than the last 10 years imo :p
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    I didn't start to play until they added toddlers, so for me that was the crucial patch that I consider absolutely necessary. when it comes down to EP/GP en SP I would say 2015 is the best.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited December 2017
    Hi,

It's not over yet but which year was the most "fantastic" for you ?

2017 for Toddlers and Cats and Dogs.

What I need in 2018 is a Tropical Destination,Amusement Parks,Cars and Seasons.