Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does this mean the sims 1 is coming on digital?

LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims
this right here is the offical site for the sims 1 and there is a thing that you would normally click to by the game there. it isn't clickable at the moment but does this means in the near future that you can buy the sims 1 for the computer digitally because if they do that that would be amazing since i don't have the sims 1 and i would like to get it but sadly my laptop i have at the moment does not have a CD drive so i can not get physical copies
8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu

Comments

• james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    I don't know. But it would be interesting to find out.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,414 Member
    It would be interesting. I loved this game when it first got out but I don't know if I could get used to this game again after spending to much time playing sims in 3D.
  • zero35zero35 Posts: 99 Member
    > @Atreya33 said:
    > It would be interesting. I loved this game when it first got out but I don't know if I could get used to this game again after spending to much time playing sims in 3D.

i you like fully 3D for The Sims 1,have a try The Sims Console and The Sims BustinOut(console version)
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I would love if they did the same thing they did with The Sims 2 a release an ultimate collection and put it on origin...
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I would like this too even though I have the sims 1 running on my pc but Sim Guru Drake has said this is not the case.
  • minimouetteminimouette Posts: 75 Member
    https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims
    this right here is the offical site for the sims 1 and there is a thing that you would normally click to by the game there. it isn't clickable at the moment but does this means in the near future that you can buy the sims 1 for the computer digitally because if they do that that would be amazing since i don't have the sims 1 and i would like to get it but sadly my laptop i have at the moment does not have a CD drive so i can not get physical copies

I would love that to. that would help since the sims have trouble on newer computer i've been told. But still, if you have the CDs you can buy an external CD drive. it's just annoying having to buy something that used to be included in every pc before :/
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    Maxis would have to do some revising of it to make it run under Windows 10 and with up to date video cards but I would love it if EA could make it a Christmas present for Simmers. If they did add it would it be put into the Vault on Origin?
  • jlapaojlapao Posts: 69 Member
    edited December 2017
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    It would be interesting. I loved this game when it first got out but I don't know if I could get used to this game again after spending to much time playing sims in 3D.

You may be interested in this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lW94F4jSk4
    Made by the developer of FreeSO (the "emulator" which revived The Sims Online).
  • woohootattoowoohootattoo Posts: 25 Member
    I am so keen for this! I was just playing The Sims 1 in the 3D mode created by the same guys who did the FreeSO game. So amazing! I love it! :)
    Hi Guys, it's Alex here -- The Girl with the Woohoo Tattoo

(Rebranded to TheLadyStardust, but it's still me!!)
  • WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
    I love the 3D stuff there, but not the UI changes.
  • GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    jlapao wrote: »

What how!?

Already knew about FreeSO but this looks amazing and so much fun.
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • theFellatheFella Posts: 297 Member
    jlapao wrote: »

ugh, that UI though. hate it just cause of that UI. yes, I am that guy. I will go back to my 17 year old game disk and PC that I keep in my walk-in wardrobe (yes I have a 17 year old desktop computer in my walk in wardrobe) over this any day of the week. I have hood recreations in The Sims 2 and 3 if I really feel the need to play TS1 in 3D.
    MeanBrilliantArrowworm-size_restricted.gif
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    Maybe they are using the game to experiment with 3D and VR?

We already have Sim Hospital as a free download and that works under Windows 10 so I cannot otherwise understand why The Sims isn't available too like Sims 2 - unless there are copywrite issues for EA.
  • deskitadeskita Posts: 24 Member
    Perhaps they'll give out sims 1 ultimate collection for christmas. A person can be hopeful can't they. :smiley:
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    I wish!!!
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Yup even TS1 had cars. TS4 is such a mess....
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1