Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Being A Chef In Your Restaurant

GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
@SimGuruDrake, could you possibly forward these questions to a guru who is a dev, please? Even if it's a "Maybe, possibly, I don't know." answer. lol

Is it possible to make it where your sim can cook in their restaurant. One of the things I loved the most with OFB was having a family run eatery. My mom was the chef, her husband was the host, and their kids were the servers. Not only can they not cook in their own business, but they can't even hire family or friends. :( So sad.

And another thing. Why even have a register if you can't use it to ring up customers? Is there a way to make it an option for players who actually enjoy using the cash register like in the Sims 2?
epngF25.png
It's up to Nancy!
My YouTube!

Post edited by GoldenBuffy on

Comments

• Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    It would be great if my sim and his family could work in their restaurant! :-)
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    I know! Was so disappointed that was not an option when GTW came out.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    I know! Was so disappointed that was not an option when GTW came out.

It seems like businesses that come from game packs does not include ability to have your sim do the things employees do.
    Let's take a look:
    The Sims 4 Get to Work ep - Brought Retail stores - Owners can sell, restock, check customers out and clean.
    The Sims 4 Dine Out gp - Brought Restaurants - Owners cannot cook, serve and be a host.
    The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs ep - Brings Vet Clinics - Owners can cure pets from illnesses.
  • Options
    AlXANDRA78AlXANDRA78 Posts: 46 Member
    [quote="GoldenBuffy;d-925173"]Not only can they not cook in their own business, but they can't even hire family or friends. :( So sad. [/quote]
    @GoldenBuffy @DoloresGrey
    If you are not against using mods, you might want to check out LittleMsSam's "Hire family members at restaurants" mod. It allows you to run a family business, but the family members will function as NPCs, so you cant unfortunately play the roles as active careers.

It would be awesome if EA made the hired positions playable. At least the chef one, similar to the vet career in the future C&D EP. Or even allow modders to make it playable. I dont understand anything about modding, but if would be nice if implementation of the vet career could give the needed components for modders to combine owning restaurant with active chef career.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    @SimGuruDrake, could you possibly forward these questions to a guru who is a dev, please? Even if it's a "Maybe, possibly, I don't know." answer. lol

Is it possible to make it where your sim can cook in their restaurant. One of the things I loved the most with OFB was having a family run eatery. My mom was the chef, her husband was the host, and their kids were the servers. Not only can they not cook in their own business, but they can't even hire family or friends. :( So sad.

And another thing. Why even have a register if you can't use it to ring up customers? Is there a way to make it an option for players who actually enjoy using the cash register like in the Sims 2?

I'm hoping that someone will at least be able to use the vet career model to make a mod so our sims can work in their own diners. Or even better that EA will use the vet career to update dine out, so that the same system works for dine out.
  • Options
    AlXANDRA78 wrote: »
    Not only can they not cook in their own business, but they can't even hire family or friends. :( So sad.
    @GoldenBuffy @DoloresGrey
    If you are not against using mods, you might want to check out LittleMsSam's "Hire family members at restaurants" mod. It allows you to run a family business, but the family members will function as NPCs, so you cant unfortunately play the roles as active careers.

It would be awesome if EA made the hired positions playable. At least the chef one, similar to the vet career in the future C&D EP. Or even allow modders to make it playable. I dont understand anything about modding, but if would be nice if implementation of the vet career could give the needed components for modders to combine owning restaurant with active chef career.

Yup, I actually have that mod in game. I just really wish that EA/Maxis game this to us in the game. OFB - though it had some issues - was perfect and I would have loved to see it return but made better!

I can't wait to get my hands on the vet career - I just per-ordered! And who knows, I'm sure with all these talented modders out there, they will do their best with what will come with the EP.
    liliaeth wrote: »

I'm hoping that someone will at least be able to use the vet career model to make a mod so our sims can work in their own diners. Or even better that EA will use the vet career to update dine out, so that the same system works for dine out.

That would be awesome!!!!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    sasuxnaruxsakusasuxnaruxsaku Posts: 41 Member
    I wish they updated Dine Out so you can run it your own with out hiring people to do it for you. It doesn't make sense that you can be a Vet and Retail store on your own but you can't with a Restaurant. I hope the sims team can fix this. I don't think anybody has made a mode for dine out to run your own Restaurants.
    ~ Marisha
    Origin ID: sasuxnaruxsaku
    Sims 3 Acc: narusasulover16
    SimsAmino: https://aminoapps.com/c/sims/page/user/sasukexnaruxsakura/bNJH_Gf0140r5DwDqVz035dVBEqbJ62
    sims_forums_signature_by_narusasulover16-dcbvagx.png

• Options
    TheSimConnoisseurTheSimConnoisseur Posts: 4 New Member
    Would have been nice if they added a new career, possibly called "Gourmet Cook" where you could actually work as a chef at a restaurant.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I have a sim who just became a chef in the cooking career, it would be great if he can cook at a restaurant someday. Another sim has recently gotten pretty good at baking.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    What I want is a burger shack, or an ice cream shack, where you can walk up to the window and order and then go sit. You can make that when you need a hostess to seat you for a friggin ice cream stand.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    This is what I wanted. Not for them to be managers or owners. I wanted to create a Sims version of the family from Bob's Burgers.