Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Large house fire, no more trapped sims to save?

My sim showed up to a large house fire, but there was no fire to put out, just trapped sims, so my sim broke down doors and rescued 3 trapped sims. However, the side panel thingy said there were 4 total to save, but there were no others sims in the house. I checked everywhere. Has this happened to anyone before? Is it a glitch?

Comments

• Options
    AMariseSAMariseS Posts: 2,458 Member
    edited February 2015
    I'm sorry, I see you've had many views & no replies. All I can say is: If I knew how to help, I'd be playing a firefighter. It's been broken for me for a long time. :(

Edit: Random word replacement because I'm lacking caffeine.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I had large house fires where I had to rescue a bunch of sims and it was not easy to find them all. I had one on an upper deck area I kept missing. I also had one in a fenced in area I forgot to encourage to flee... I have also found a stray sim in a separate building, once in a barn and once in a garage. They're not all necessarily in the house.
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    I have had something similar. The trapped Sim was not trapped at all. But for some reason he was registering as trapped. I clicked on him to talk and it said he was trapped. He wasn't anywhere near anything to trap him.

I know parts of the firefighter profession can be glitched, but you may just have to ignore certain jobs. Short of that, I'd give up and use the cheat to reset all Sims (resetsim *)
  • Options
    PurpleNightOwlPurpleNightOwl Posts: 205 Member
    I've just had this problem. I tried resetSim with no luck. In the end I just bulldozed the household with the emergency (after saving a copy of the house and the family to the library). That did the trick, but it's frustrating because it shouldn't happen in the first place. There should be a marker or something on each Sim that needs rescuing individually.