Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What does dog in cardboard box mean?

I adopted a new dog, Oreo, a couple of sim days ago. She's sweet and settling in as far as I can tell. My sim already had another dog, Maya, who never does what I'm about to describe.

Oreo will randomly have a thought bubble displaying a dog sitting in a cardboard box. I don't have the "What's wrong?" option when it happens. Is she scared of being put back up for adoption? Does she have bad memories of the animal shelter? What is going on?

Comments

• Options
    shezoeshezoe Posts: 67 Member
    was she a stray? maybe remembering being homeless?
    Ky1BXMP.jpg
  • Options
    MettsenMettsen Posts: 185 Member
    shezoe wrote: »
    was she a stray? maybe remembering being homeless?

No, I got her from the adoption agency via the computer.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Playful?
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Playful?

I should have added that the dog in the box has a sad/worried face, so I don't think it means playful.
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    Maybe she’s feeling lonely and forgotten?
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    Cooped up?
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Mettsen wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Playful?

I should have added that the dog in the box has a sad/worried face, so I don't think it means playful.

Ok. I know how the icon looks like as this icon is also used in the Dog Hangout lot trait. This trait attracts lots of stray dogs to the lot. There's even a cat version of this bubble and Cat Hangout trait.
    If there is something wrong, you'll see the pet portrait is your Sim Chooser turn orange-red color. It can be from hunger and illness to saddness and fear. At that point, you'll get the interaction to ask pet what's wrong.
    If pet is ok and doesn't make any complaining sounds, they're ok. I might have just been a random thought the dog was thinking. You'll never know what sims and pets' thought bubbles will come, but sometimes it is not related to them, their traits and their problems at all.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited December 2017
    I think it means it is a stray dog hangout. It is a lot trait.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    If your pet is at home and you have the cat hangout or dog hangout trait that could be why they are thinking of it ;) If they are home and you don't have that trait, then perhaps they want to go and visit a lot with those traits to meet some doggy or kitty friends. I don't think its a worry or sadness, because as you can see from my pic the pets do look sad in the trait pic ;)

WpzhKuH.png
  • Options
    Ahhh, I hadn't noticed it was the same as the lot trait icon. Maybe Oreo does want to go to a dog hangout spot? I don't think the home lot has that trait. Thanks all for your help and suggestions :)
  • Options
    Maybe they want to hangout with other cats or dogs.
  • Options
    ravelravel Posts: 98 Member
    I've been wondering the same thing. I adopted a puppy and sometimes she looks sad and thinks about a dog in a box, even when nothing seems to be wrong. Maybe it's just that from time to time they remember when they were homeless.