Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 1 Addon Problems

nyxinyxi Posts: 321 Member
Hi there!

I also have a problem wit my beloved Sims1

I have the base game and all the addons serparatly. I was installing them yesterday in a kind of randon order, which was fine actually becuase the last one (Making Magic) was reinstalled and patched every time when I started the game between the whole process.
After installing all off them the game worked fine without any problem.

Now today, without making any changes, making magic says that another addon was installed after making magic was installed (as it has done before). But at this point I didn't install anything because my game was complete anyway.

The problem is now, when I want to reinstall/patch making magic I have just the option to deinstall it - and with it the whole game (and all addons get deinstalled as well)

I'm wondering why the game suddenly desiced not to work as it had worked perfectly just a few hours before. Deinstalling is not an option becuase I have to install all of them again.

I think maybe there is an file somewhere I can delete or something like this. Does anyone has an idear or had the same problem?

I'm very thankfull for your help!

Greetings and kisses Nyxi

Comments

• zero35zero35 Posts: 99 Member
    check your \download folder
  • nyxinyxi Posts: 321 Member
    I removed it, but no changes occur. What do you suggest to do with it?
  • zero35zero35 Posts: 99 Member
    uninstall and re-install the sims
  • GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    What order did you use to install your game?
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • nyxinyxi Posts: 321 Member
    So hallo again!

I found a solution for my problem, I startet it in compatibility mode of Win XP. And it worked again perfectly!

Still strange, becauce it also worked with win 10 but I'm very happy now!

Thank you all for your help!

• GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    Ah yes, the pesky compatibility mode. Glad all has been sorted! Happy Simming :)
    Lift me up - Let me go