Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think Alien Vampires can be a thing?

Can Aliens and Vampires have babies or am i currently wasting my time trying?

Comments

• Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    Can Aliens and Vampires have babies or am i currently wasting my time trying?

You got it right. There are no alien-vamp hybrids. A guru answered that question on twitter not long after the pack was announced.
  • ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    Too bad I would of loved to see it
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    That's so sad, cause I was so hyped about making a hybrid... :/
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Is someone willing to try this experiment for me please. Someone with both packs.

testingcheats true.

traits.equip_trait trait_occultalien
    traits.equip_trait trait_occultvampire

use both of those cheats on a single sim and tell me what happens... if one trait overrides the other. or they both stay
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Duke_DarkwoodDuke_Darkwood Posts: 59 Member
    I'm still wondering what'll happen if a vamp bites an alien.
  • chensaytaylorchensaytaylor Posts: 700 Member
    I bet the alien simply turns into a vampire. They do not seem to "taste" different than regular sims. I bet they lose their alien powers and gain vampire ones. I will try tomorrow.
  • CalebFillionCalebFillion Posts: 293 Member

Just had vlad turn my alien lady in the 100 baby challenge to a vampire. I think. I won't know until the hunger thing comes up and she is not liking food. Can't make babies though, just woo hoo, sucks.

Just had vlad turn my alien lady in the 100 baby challenge to a vampire. I think. I won't know until the hunger thing comes up and she is not liking food. Can't make babies though, just woo hoo, plum.

She is, or is going to be. Vlad just rang to say hi to his newest and give her some food. Once she has turned I will try for baby again and see what happens.
    So glad I found this again. I had saved it to my favs. As I said, my alien hybrid was turning and it took FOREVER!. She finally did and then I set about getting her pregnant. I used a vampire male that I had created and lo and behold she got pregnant. So did he by the way and this was on one go! So I waited and the pregnancy was no longer and the delivery was no longer and she had twin boys. When I aged them up I took them to CAS and they are both vampire hybrids. i thought they might be because the blue of their skin was different than their siblings or their mum's. They are absolutely adorable with their pointy ears and such. I am posting the challenge at blogger but have been ill this week so had to stop. As soon as the pictures are up of the second gen I will give a link. Short answer is yes you can have hybrids.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    yeah, full aliens can't become vampires, but the alien hybrids can, since they're mostly just considered 'human' with alien skin options. i did notice that my hybrid vampire only gets the alien/pointy ear options for her dark form, which is ok with me. wish she got those options in her normal form, too.
    vampires have no trouble drinking from full aliens (though i sometimes think they don't get quite as much thirst quenched from them), but never get the option to 'offer to turn' for full aliens. just the hybrid offspring. and, when i play the full aliens, none get the 'ask to turn' option when talking to any vampires
    yeah, full aliens can't become vampires, but the alien hybrids can, since they're mostly just considered 'human' with alien skin options. i did notice that my hybrid vampire only gets the alien/pointy ear options for her dark form, which is ok with me. wish she got those options in her normal form, too.
    vampires have no trouble drinking from full aliens (though i sometimes think they don't get quite as much thirst quenched from them), but never get the option to 'offer to turn' for full aliens. just the hybrid offspring. and, when i play the full aliens, none get the 'ask to turn' option when talking to any vampires
    I think the babies they have are really cute. My twins came with pointy ears. Haven't tried it with a full alien yet though and from what you say it isn't worth the bother.
  • Sparkhero899Sparkhero899 Posts: 2 New Member
    You can make lifeblood alien vampires with all powers use the cheat traits.equip_trait trait_OccultAlien although you will lose the dark form because you can only have two forms but you could make your human/disguise vampiric sorry it's late I'm new to the sims
  • Sparkhero899Sparkhero899 Posts: 2 New Member
    I mean pure blood
    it seems that full aliens *can* be vampires, according to another thread. but it takes a bit of work and/or a bit of luck. if a male vampire is abducted by an alien and gets pregnant, it seems the alien offspring will also be a vampire ones they hit teen.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Full aliens don't seem to have the option to get turned into a vampire, but the hybrids do, because they're classified as "human" by the game, only with odd skin colors.

Technically you could get a half alien half vampire sim, the vampire part replaces the human part of it, the sim keeps the alien skin.
    So, say, a vampire with alien genetics is possible.

However, they cannot have the alien and vampire powers simultaneously. I heard that would be game-breaking?

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • MellonuialMellonuial Posts: 47 Member
    I have a mixed occult household. Dad is an Alien. Mom is a Vampire. Both are pure blooded. First "try for baby" attempt took place on a dark ley line and resulted in an adorable female Vampire with her mother's eyes and, amusingly, the hair color and skin tone her father wears as his disguise :) Once Mom and Dad had survived the bulk of their little monster's toddlerhood, they tried for a second baby, but this time not on a dark ley line and were blessed with an adorable Alien boy who looks exactly like his father (Dad did not get pregnant thank heavens!). I don't believe the son is a hybrid since his mother is technically Undead and not human, but we'll see. I'd love to arrange for him to fall in love with a Vampire and produce an Alien Vampire Grandchild for his parents as an ultimate legacy.
  • Blade334Blade334 Posts: 48 Member
    ddoes the kids have the powers of both parents or just one? I have been hearing mixed things about hybrid some say it’s true some say it’s not true I read some where that if the two human sims have a kid on the lot with the trait there is a change a hybrid of human and vampire it will have the look of human except for the vampire eyes or ears but have no powers
  • AoifaAoifa Posts: 5 New Member
    omg i hope they can! that would be so fun!
  • ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    Nope I had one sim with a pure Alien mother and a Vampire Father, he just their offspring is just a vampire :( .. Anyway even in Sims 3 I think life states could not be hybrids either :D Sadly . That would be cool though
    See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
    https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ

• VraieVraie Posts: 196 Member
    edited December 2017
    kalaksed wrote: »
    it seems that full aliens *can* be vampires, according to another thread. but it takes a bit of work and/or a bit of luck. if a male vampire is abducted by an alien and gets pregnant, it seems the alien offspring will also be a vampire ones they hit teen.

Thank you for that. Now I have a challenge...get Vasile abducted and pregnant...

I have heard that hybrids become problematic in the game...but I back up excessively and don't use mods, so I'm game to play around now I know there's a chance...

Edit: So in my other game one of my vampires is a scientist, and he got abducted and pregnant. He just had a baby boy who is showing as full alien but not as hybrid (doesn't have the vampire graphic on the needs screen, has the human one) so either they've done something to fix this or my game isn't playing ball with the hybrid idea. But then again this vampire already has a baby with a full in game npc alien that he met when she visited his house during one of their invasions. That child, also a boy, was born full alien as well. I was under the impression that a baby born between an alien and a non alien would be a hybrid without powers...that doesn't seem the case in my game.

BUT I also think that it's to do with the disguise. I have one alien born in one game who is now grown up. She had a child with a vampire (yes, I was experimenting a lot with this idea ;) and it was conceived when she was in her disguise. The child was born full vampire with no visible alien traits. So I wonder if the sim is disguised or if it isn't, whether it impacts on the result. The one I mentioned above who is full alien with a vampire father was conceived when the mother alien was not disguised and he resembles her except in his bluer eye colour.

I have missed experimenting with alien genetics. Now I have a new project :smiley: It may not be possible to get alien vampire hybrids in my game, but now I know aliens can both wear clothes and have hairstyles, they are suddenly a lot more interesting to me going forward...:)
    Post edited by Vraie on
  • 0NalaTheLion00NalaTheLion0 Posts: 3 New Member
    EA Better make that happen or something make an update to atleast make hybrids. And I also want them to add the were wolves pack as well. Cause Im tired of making my sims be vampires and dress them up like were wolves. Lol
  • wild4simswild4sims Posts: 45 Member
    I agree that would be unique story lines
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Unless they even want to bother coding hybrids at all in the future, sadly such hybrids may not be as fully functional or as fleshed out coding wise for years to come.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • DraconDracon Posts: 119 Member
    i definitely hope they add hybrids if more supernatural sims are added. I've heard that if your Sim is in their early pregnancy, and it is an alien pregnancy, if the father is bit by a vampire, the Sim will be turned into a vampire before the pregnancy ends resulting in a 'hybrid' in that it'll be both a Vampire and Alien child BUT its been stated that it is very buggy.