Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #83: A Townie Home
    FORUM ID: Mannanna
    ORIGIN ID: Mannanna
    LEVEL: Expert ( ouch, that expert title feels scary,lol )
    LOT: Mid Century Suburbia
    LOT COST: $2,500
    LOT NAME: Potters Splay, Willow Creek
    BUILD COST: $92,686
    TOTAL COST: $99,865 - placed in game
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: here
    ENTRY DETAILS: I wasn't going to enter this challenge. When I first read it I thought, "not my cup of tea". I have never built a sim house using a floor plan and never tried to decorate a house for a specific era. It all felt like it was too restrictive. But...then I thought, okay, I'll try and in the end I had fun building it :) I used The Dallas floor plan. More notes under pics
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, thank you

QkhQ9l7.png?1
    4Ysnn5G.png
  • FidgetyAtomFidgetyAtom Posts: 128 Member
    @mannanna Aww, it says 'You've taken a wrong turn' When I try and visit your slideshow. I'd LOVE to see more of that build. Looks amazing, quite intimidating indeed.
    Money can't buy you happiness
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
    Oh sorry @FidgetyAtom I forgot to change it from secret. I hope it works now, and thank you for telling me!
  • PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    @mannanna Your home looks lovely! You did wonderful on the landscaping.
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

@mannanna Yep, works great! And wow! Wonderful build.
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
    Awe, thank you @Pallypoo and @FidgetyAtom :smile: And I am sure your build will be awesome @FidgetyAtom . Believe me, I usually don't look at the slideshows before I post mine because I don't want to feel that way.
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Just waiting for my trees to grow, then final playtest and I can take screenies *excited* I am loving all the entries so far, I may have 'borrowed' a couple of ideas here and there :wink:
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    edited December 2017
    FORUM ID: SyddyB206
    ORIGIN ID: SyddyB206
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Mid Century Loner https://tinyurl.com/y868lb2f
    LOT COST: 2,500
    LOT NAME: Potter Splay
    BUILD COST: 82,162
    TOTAL COST: 84,662
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW
    https://flickr.com/photos/151014722@N05/albums/72157689256249791
    ENTRY DETAILS: Lovey lot with lush landscaping! Mid Century Modern interior and exterior. It has 3 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes!!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: N/A
    Post edited by SyddyB206 on
    0TSlsxY.jpg
    edited December 2017

FORUM ID: FidgetyAtom
    ORIGIN ID: SimminGirl

LEVEL: Starting out (I think, let me know if you think otherwise)
    LOT: The Caprica
    LOT COST: §10,000
    LOT NAME: Originally Oakenstead - 50x50 lot in Willow Creek. I renamed it to The Caprica
    BUILD COST: §89,984
    TOTAL COST: §99,984
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: View pictures Here
    ENTRY DETAILS: Not much to say that the pictures won't tell you, but this is a really lovely home. Needs more than one sim living here to do it some good. I hope that Hope finds someone to share it with! It has 3 bedrooms that Hope has re-purposed for her use as a creative sim. There were a few pantry and closet area's that I used as something other than what they were intended - I believe that's what I turned into her Woodworking room. I did have fun building this house, even if I started off disliking it and discouraged.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: YES! I can always learn more for TS4, I'm still so very new to building here.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: I used a few items from WondyMoon's kitchen collection Here
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Post edited by FidgetyAtom on
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    SyddyB206 wrote: »
    FORUM ID: SyddyB206
    ORIGIN ID: SyddyB206
    LOT: Mid Century Loner
    LOT COST: 2,500
    LOT NAME: Potter Splay
    BUILD COST: 82,162
    TOTAL COST: 84,662
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW
    https://flickr.com/photos/151014722@N05/albums/72157689256249791
    ENTRY DETAILS: Lovey lot with lush landscaping! Mid Century Modern interior and exterior. It has 3 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes!!
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: N/A

@SyddyB206 - don't forget, that to be an official entry, you must provide a DL link to your creation.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Deadline is Midnight EST, correct? My build is finished, just need to take screenshots, upload and post. *phew* But, I need some sleep. lol Great job everyone, this was nervewracking, but I had fun, tried some new stuff, etc. Most of all, I love how it turned out! Little bummed I have simoleans unspent, I always try to spend it all down if possible. Oh well...

I'll check back in a few hours and hopefully have my entry in on time! :)
  • PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    Great homes, @SyddyB206 and @FidgetyAtom You both did really great with the budget!
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited December 2017
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    Deadline is Midnight EST, correct? My build is finished, just need to take screenshots, upload and post. *phew* But, I need some sleep. lol Great job everyone, this was nervewracking, but I had fun, tried some new stuff, etc. Most of all, I love how it turned out! Little bummed I have simoleans unspent, I always try to spend it all down if possible. Oh well...

I'll check back in a few hours and hopefully have my entry in on time! :)
    Yep you're good to go @Karababy52, admin is based in the UK, so you should have plenty of time :wink:

Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited December 2017
    FORUM ID: faithofkaela
    ORIGIN ID: faithofkaela
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Where There's Hope
    LOT COST: $2,500
    LOT NAME: Riverside Roost in Willow Creek
    BUILD COST: $92,853
    TOTAL COST: $95,356
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/oU7Wh
    ENTRY DETAILS: Where There's Hope was built specifically for Hope Potts and her grumpy, creative, loner lifestyle. This build is mainly base game, with a couple of decorative pieces from Spa Stuff, but nothing you couldn't live without ;) A fully fenced in rear garden, means she's never interrupted by unwelcome visitors while she's working out there. Inside, Hope has decorated for Christmas, she may be a grump, but she's not a Grinch! The open plan living/dining and kitchen area has been decorated in cool blues and bright yellows. Her bedroom is a sanctuary in wood and green tones, as is her spacious bathroom, complete with built-in linen cupboard.

I chose to use the The Dunland as the base for Hope's home.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Always
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

OBJUINI.jpg

lglglVu.jpg
    Post edited by Simming_Spoonie on
    SIM ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)

FORUM ID: faithofkaela
    ORIGIN ID: faithofkaela
    HOUSEHOLD: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/CC57725FDAC511E78B67F93919BFDC9A
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/oU7Wh (pictures included with the main build showcase)
    ENTRY DETAILS: Meet Hope Potts, a new resident of Willow Creek. She hails from San Myshuno, where she worked as a landlord. Now, she aspires to become a best selling author. She's a bit of a loner, a tad grumpy, but incredibly creative.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Always
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

VlSStYo.jpg

8WhhW1C.jpg
  • glen1974glen1974 Posts: 86 Member

FORUM ID:glen1974
    ORIGIN ID:glen1974
    LOT: Atomic Bungalow https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/C812D73DDADB11E7887D97CC8DEE2583?category=all&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=atomic bungalow&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 10000
    LOT NAME: Oakenstead in Willow Creek
    BUILD COST:89900
    TOTAL COST: 99900
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/hV4AB
    ENTRY DETAILS: Atomic Bungalow is a midcentury modern property built using the Mitchell Glen plans. As this is a 3 bedroom property and Hope is a loner sim I have turned one of the rooms into a writing/study room whilst retaining the build in wardrobe space as per the plans. The third bedroom I have left as a single guest room as she may have a single family member visit at some point. The floor plans are in an L shape which gave great views of the back garden to which I have added swimming pool.
    I had to make compromises as cash ran out as did my time (it is currently 23.50 UK time and I'm just about getting it in!!)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: iDZF0Ct.png [img][/img]S9clRph.png
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    SIM ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    FORUM ID: Ainsleyf
    ORIGIN ID: Ainsleyfr
    LEVEL:Expert
    HOUSEHOLD: How to Serve Man
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Imgur: How to Serve Man
    ENTRY DETAILS: Hope is a mean, creative loner with the painter aspiration. She's a level 8 logic, level 10 handiness, level 3 writer and level 3 painter. She doesn't really want to be mean or alone, she just has a secret she needs to protect, and frankly, most humans are annoying.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: absolutely
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: 0mk4nwA.png
    xVx5ur0.jpg
    edited December 2017
    FORUM ID: Karababy52
    ORIGIN ID: Karababy52
    LOT: House of Hope
    LOT COST: 2000
    LOT NAME: Garden Essence
    BUILD COST: 97776
    TOTAL COST: 99776
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/UMCnn
    ENTRY DETAILS: I built the Dunland for Hope. Features include; open floor plan with cathedral ceiling over living and kitchen area, eat-in kitchen, living room with bar, chess set, computer and dining nook, living room also has a plant ledge wrapped around above, bathroom with jet tub, bedroom with wall of closets, a small artist's studio with an easel & woodworking bench. Outside features include; a patio with fire pit and view of the fishing pond, a geometric fountain display and minimal maintenance landscaping throughout the grounds including a curb appeal special garden in the front.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please and thank you!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NoCC, only used MOO, Debug

yvpLDia.png

uLOsAh6.png
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    edited December 2017
    *Note - Post above updated with slideshow. I apologize for posting the slideshow part of my entry so late, I hope I'm still eligible. If not, I'll completely understand. It was fun anyway. :) Good luck everyone! <3
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    Everyone has done awesomely well in this challenge. Good luck :)
    @Karababy52 how were you able to take a picture with the roof showing, in the lounge area. I tried ever which way and if I don’t close the room with a foundation it just shows the sky. I hope this makes sense. :)
    @abelhinha35 I'm not sure what you mean by close the room with a foundation? I took all my pics in live tab mode with the second 'floor' (which in this case is really only the roof and a flat/deck piece for the other side of the roof) selected.

The view starts out above the roof, but then I just go down by hitting 'q' or 'e', can't remember which one goes up/down. The camera gets kind of jumpy at times doing it that way, but it works. I can't think of anything special I did other than that? Hope this helps! :)
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    @abelhinha35 I think @Karababy52 would have deleted the floor tiles on top of the room, in other words deleted the roof, so that when you are in the room you can see up to the "second floor" in this case the ceiling.

If you go up to the second floor view you can delete the floor essentially.

I am just now realizing that to get the proper vaulted ceiling look that would be a good idea, and something I have not done... rofl. Oh well, this challenge is a bust for me then! haha!

The important part is to have fun though, so I don't mind it :blush:
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    @abelhinha35 You place the roof, change the walls to not be shown(its either not show, partly show walls and show all walls) and then you delet the floor(:
    Oh yea, yep, I did that too, deleted the ceiling on the first floor. I just figured that was a given to open up the area. I apologize for leaving that part out, thanks for mentioning it @Laebeth :)
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    edited December 2017
    Thanks @Karababy52 , @Laebeth and @WiggleyTuff for your responses. :) I did try to delete the ceiling but then the roof did not show, it show sky. Is it maybe that ya'll are taking photos in game and not build mode. :/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top