Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is up with Pleasantview Bella?

theFellatheFella Posts: 297 Member
so I just used the tombstone of L & D to bring back Pleasantview Bella, which I have never gotten around to doing. I have heard that she would immediately die, but no such thing happened. did I just not wait long enough, will it happen the moment I reload the lot?
MeanBrilliantArrowworm-size_restricted.gif

Comments

• Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    theFella wrote: »
    so I just used the tombstone of L & D to bring back Pleasantview Bella, which I have never gotten around to doing. I have heard that she would immediately die, but no such thing happened. did I just not wait long enough, will it happen the moment I reload the lot?

... do not resurrect Bella Goth.

Long story short, the developers gave her a "death token" so that she'd be dead, yet in the game files without a tombstone. This is buggy as all hell, and will cause eventual shredding of game files should you ressurrect her. Pleasantview will become unplayable eventually.

I haven't ever tested if she'll die again, but resurrecting her is still a terrible idea.

*Goes off to write up an info thread because too many people are accidentally nuking their games these days.*
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • theFellatheFella Posts: 297 Member

Long story short, the developers gave her a "death token" so that she'd be dead, yet in the game files without a tombstone. This is buggy as all hell, and will cause eventual shredding of game files should you ressurrect her. Pleasantview will become unplayable eventually.

I haven't ever tested if she'll die again, but resurrecting her is still a terrible idea.

*Goes off to write up an info thread because too many people are accidentally nuking their games these days.*

there goes Pleasantview V.9. 2017-2017. so ehen I went bak into another game she had a ghost texture and walked like a ghost unless carrying an item. I moved onto another lot then got the "Sim has died on another lot, she will return in spirit in her place of death" and she turned grey on the Goth's family tree, which does not happen at the start of the game. There goes the neighborhood. *goes to reset hood again*
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    That is the wrong way to bring her back, at least. I'm not yet 100% sure there is a fully safe way, but you have to use SimPE to fix her up first. Make sure she has all her character/personality data, remove the death token and remove the "unlinked" status. I haven't re-linked her to my Pleasantview but I did the other parts and even tweaked some relationships (I can't say whether I can recommend that yet but hopefully my game's OK just still mostly without Bella).

I won't want to play Pleasantview without Bella forever anyway. The story the devs set up makes me too sad, and actually a bit mad. That's not the exact game I really want to play.
    I immediately prevented any romance between Morty and Dina (their memories show they hadn't even started one too, phew!) and then had him mope around without his Bella. He looks up at the stars and obsessively paints her on the easel and generally has a limited life. I think that seems accurate and is less upsetting for me. I do want to make him and them happier again and bring her back.

Everyone else is living OK right now, more or less. I won't want to play this timeline forever though anyway (without Bella). I'm still a bit cautious currently.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member

Out of curiousity, your post made me go and look up exactly what can cause hood and game corruption and I was surprised at how easy it seems to be to do.

The link I read, in case anyone else is interested: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Game_guide:Avoiding_corruption
    samemie wrote: »

Out of curiousity, your post made me go and look up exactly what can cause hood and game corruption and I was surprised at how easy it seems to be to do.

The link I read, in case anyone else is interested: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Game_guide:Avoiding_corruption

I know right.
    Delete a Sim in the family bin.

• WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
    edited December 2017
    On a previous computer, I ended up trying to create the Sims 1 Goth family and house in a different Sims 2 neighborhood. It ended up pretty well. I even managed to make it work out where Alexander was born and grew up to be a child and Cassandra had become an adult at the same time.

That's the initial primer, but I've written up a few other things that I scrounged from MATY and other places to make things easier to explain. Including the various ways not covered in the wiki that I've fubar'd my game personally...

That's the initial primer, but I've written up a few other things that I scrounged from MATY and other places to make things easier to explain. Including the various ways not covered in the wiki that I've fubar'd my game personally...

@Scribal_Goddess Sounds good, I've read what you posted so far and it's really helpful. I'm pretty surprised at how much I did that probably corrupted my neighbourhoods and game in general back when I played TS2 the first time round that never seemed to develop any symptoms for me. Things like deleting tombstones was something I did all the time because I found the murderous ghosts so annoying and it was definitely a surprise to see that as something that could have (and probably did) corrupt my game.

Thanks for taking the time to write up a guide for us!
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member

@Scribal_Goddess Sounds good, I've read what you posted so far and it's really helpful. I'm pretty surprised at how much I did that probably corrupted my neighbourhoods and game in general back when I played TS2 the first time round that never seemed to develop any symptoms for me. Things like deleting tombstones was something I did all the time because I found the murderous ghosts so annoying and it was definitely a surprise to see that as something that could have (and probably did) corrupt my game.

Thanks for taking the time to write up a guide for us!

Agreed. I know I can't count how many things I have done in the past that could cause corruption. My game never blew up though, never saw any symptoms. I guess I will just count myself as lucky!
  • CringecrewCringecrew Posts: 150 Member

I think this also happens to Skip Broke if you try to resurrect him.
    latest?cb=20060827184625

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    @Scribal_Goddess , I didn't want to post in your BFBVFS avoidance thread yet, but in regards to problem sims, I've also read that the Ottomas family in the bin can cause issues with games too, is that correct?
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    Pary wrote: »
    @Scribal_Goddess , I didn't want to post in your BFBVFS avoidance thread yet, but in regards to problem sims, I've also read that the Ottomas family in the bin can cause issues with games too, is that correct?

I am pretty sure they fixed that with one of the later stuff packs or expansion packs, and now only examples of the game from before then have that problem. Not 100% sure though.

This was fixed in a patch. I don't remember which one. :/ There are a few people who have played the family through on here lately, so I would say it is good to go. Was it Apartment Life patch???
    JULES1111 wrote: »

This was fixed in a patch. I don't remember which one. :/ There are a few people who have played the family through on here lately, so I would say it is good to go. Was it Apartment Life patch???

According to the sims wikia it was fixed with the seasons patch. Same with the Crittur puppies I believe.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I am pretty sure they fixed that with one of the later stuff packs or expansion packs, and now only examples of the game from before then have that problem. Not 100% sure though.

Can't remember, but I avoided them like the plague, and never place them anywhere, thus never paying attention to whether or not they had been fixed.
    Thanks you guys for letting me know though :)

Oh ! @JULES1111 , I saw Lazlo picking through a garbage can the other day when he was part of the welcome wagon to my sim. I was so happy. It's the first time I've seen it :D
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding

Can't remember, but I avoided them like the plague, and never place them anywhere, thus never paying attention to whether or not they had been fixed.
    Thanks you guys for letting me know though :)

Oh ! @JULES1111 , I saw Lazlo picking through a garbage can the other day when he was part of the welcome wagon to my sim. I was so happy. It's the first time I've seen it :D

Ya I still avoid them. :D Even though I know they were fixed, it is just habit forming now. It would be my luck for some reason my game was the only one not working right! :joy:

LOL yay! Glad you got to see that. It is so funny watching them rummage around. I wonder if he found anything good. :D There is a welcome for you, Hi there! Don't mind me, just checking to see if you tossed anything I could use. :D I would regret moving to that neighborhood!

Yes, they patched that, so it should only be an issue if you're running discs unpatched. I always "replace" Samantha's twins though: I use the sim blender to end the pregnancy, give her a new one, and give grandma Dora enough cooking points to make cheesecake so she'll have twins.
  • FearlessButterflyFearlessButterfly Posts: 336 Member
    http://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html if you use tarlia's cleaned up hood versions, bella is a playable townie in pleasantview and she is fully safe to play. She will just have a different name at first which you can change using sim blender or sim manipulator or simpe.
  • Mango23Mango23 Posts: 19 Member
    Yeah, long story short Bella Goth back in Pleasantview equals a buggy acting Sims game. The creators basically made it to where Bella couldn't function properly in Pleasantview, I know it's sad, I really wanted the story book ending of her being reunited with her family as well.