March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build worlds, alter gravity and more?

jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
Someone in the marketing department needs to be talked to, because they’ve basically written up a blurb for a game that definitely isn’t The Sims 4:
Go beyond creating mere houses, or neighborhoods. Build entirely new worlds, populated with the kinds of people you think should be there. Zero gravity? If that's what you want. 23 hours of daylight? No problem

Unless that’s coming in a patch soon, I think that should be taken down and written up about the actual game.

And worst still, they use a screenshot from Outdoor Retreat which isn’t even on console, nor included in the base game, which is what they’re selling!

Really bad false advertising!
Like really, really bad.

[Title edit by SimGuruDrake]
Post edited by SimGuruDrake on

Comments

• Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    zero gravity ?
    maybe they mean you can pretend to have zero gravity in game while your sim is off screen in the rocket :joy:

& with "new worlds" is meant that big rabbit hole lot like Sixam, science station &sf
    you can actually build those "worlds" as long it's on that lot

but they have still to add that option of 23 hours of daylight :lol:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    It's a control freak's dream: You get to make every decision for the people you create, no matter how large or small. Maybe you couldn't be the CEO of a Fortune 500 company, but your Sim can. Don't like him? Give him a ridiculous haircut, or make him a llama rancher. Or create somebody who wants to heal the world. You decide.
    We don't have llama ranchers either! Or are they only in the console versions?
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    'Go beyond creating mere houses, or neighborhoods. Build entirely new worlds, populated with the kinds of people you think should be there. Zero gravity? If that's what you want. 23 hours of daylight? No problem'

Oooh that does certainly sound like a world builder/editor... Tries not to get excited. :worried:
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    It's a control freak's dream: You get to make every decision for the people you create, no matter how large or small. Maybe you couldn't be the CEO of a Fortune 500 company, but your Sim can. Don't like him? Give him a ridiculous haircut, or make him a llama rancher. Or create somebody who wants to heal the world. You decide.
    We don't have llama ranchers either! Or are they only in the console versions?

Console version is exactly the same as PC minus the Gallery!
  • Lazarus_B4RLazarus_B4R Posts: 1,827 Member

Wow, After reading that ad it seems EA actually has been listening to TS4 Simmers..Because they took an awful
    lot of what players have been asking for (or complaining about)..Things that they haven't come even remotely
    close to delivering to TS4/PC players and promised them to Console players. Either Console players are getting
    an entirely different game or someone is using some seriously creative (snake oil salesman) writing in this ad.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    It sounds like whoever wrote that knows very little about the actual game.
  • uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    I wonder what game the author is playing and where can I get it?
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Hyperbole doesn't even begin to describe this advertising. Did no one proofread this page? Put that together with the 2.2 out of 5 user score and...Come on, EA. Just...no. This is not a good look...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Yikes. Maybe somebody should page a guru so they can explain.
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    I think the writer was told that it was the Sims 3 :D
  • SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    edited December 2017
    Good morning everyone! Someone brought this to my attention yesterday, this was not written by us as we do not own that page but we are getting it corrected so that it properly reflects what you can do in-game.

I've also updated the title of this thread to ensure folks do not continue to assume that this was our doing.
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims