Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5 (Things I'd like to see)

BiggieCheeseBiggieCheese Posts: 435 Member
edited April 2018 in Off Topic Chat
A couple of days ago I found myself daydreaming about a new sims game and I found my some of my ideas really interesting. So I decided to make a little post here on some of my thoughts and hopes for the Sims 5.

CAS

- Layering clothing: You'd be able to have up to three layers and layer full-body outfits over or under tops and bottoms.
- Return of the colour wheel: We definitely need the colour wheel in my opinion. I don't think we need all those patterns that we had in the Sims 3, but polka dots, stripes and other basic designs could be useful.
- Painting: You'd be able to paint your own face paints, makeup or paint over hair like you can do with pets in the Sims 3 and 4.
- Options, many of them: There would be different types of skins, eyes, eyelashes etc.
- Fakes: Contacts and wigs could be nice to have.
- Natural Features: Each sim would have their natural hair colour and then if they have dyed hair you will be able to keep that separate so that their kids don't come out with bright pink hair.
- Height sliders: This explains itself I think.
- Skin details: Wrinkles, eye bags, freckles, moles etc. You'd also be able to make your own facial details by painting on freckles, moles etc.

Personalities

-Names: Each sim will have a first name and last name, but you'll be able to pick a middle name or nickname if you wish.
-Traits: Each sim would have 5 traits and one age-specific trait if they are a child or older. This would make it a lot more realistic already. Because people don't act the same way in their 80s as they did in their 20s.
-Quirks: These would act as smaller traits and can be improved upon in the game.
-Fears: Every sim has a few fears, and depending on their age they might be different. Toddlers and children might be scared of the dark, while teens might be scared of taking tests.
-Turn ons and turn offs
-Sexuality: You choose which gender your sim prefers dating or woohooing with. (Opposite gender, same gender, both, neither, still deciding)
-Likes and Dislikes

Aging

Baby: (0-1) 2-3 days after being born they become a little bit bigger and will be able to crawl.
Toddler: (1-4)
Young Child: (4-7) Young children would begin school. Their teeth might begin to fall out and you'd be able to place them under their pillows.
Child: (7-10) Teeth are most likely to fall out at this stage.
Preteen/Tween/Young teen: (10-14) Tweens are likely to imitate older siblings or teenagers they know. They'll be more likely to argue with their parents and throw tantrums. They'll begin to have crushes and will no longer be disgusted when seeing pda.
Teen: (15-19)
Young Adult: (20-35)
Adult: (35-49) Mid-life crisis stage.
Middle-aged: (50-60)
Elder: (60-) Elders would get more wrinkles and need walking sticks as they age.

Gameplay

-More Drama: All sims in the game currently are Mr. and Mrs. Perfect, so we need something to make the game more interesting. Let's talk about friends. In the sims, all you have to do is joke with a friend a few time and then they're your best friend for life. But it doesn't work that way. Perhaps you might send your sim to school and then you get a random notification that a friend is giving you the cold shoulder. So it's up to you to find the problem and fix it, for the sake of your sim's friendships. Say your sims are married, if they don't interact with each other enough, they would start fighting more. So, one again, it's up to you to make sure they talk through their issues instead of ignoring each other.

-Story progression: It's no fun without story progression. Of course sometimes it can be stressful when you move a sim out and suddenly they have 12 children, so being able to turn story progression off for certain households or choose how story progression can affect the game would be good.

-More ways to die: Sounds very gruesome, yes, but more realistic ways to die would be very welcome, at least for those who like more realistic gameplay. Illnesses should be in the base game, and it shouldn't be limited to the common cold. There should be many types of illneses, chronic and acute, which may have to be treated with basic medication, hospital stays or surgery. Not taking a doctor's advice or avoiding going to see one could result in death if it's serious.

-Realistic event planning: Parties should be able to be held at multiple locations, meaning you'd be able to go to another place with your guests, and you should be able to set a party for a later date. When invited to a party, the party should actually happen. So instead of just going to a birthday party and sitting around, there should be cake and decorations and everything else that you need for a party. You should also be able to get invited to weddings, funerals etc. You should also be able to throw a surprise party for another sim.

Here is a list of parties which should be available (Not necessarily base game):

-House Party

-Birthday Party

-Dinner Party

-Weddings and Wedding Receptions

-Funeral

-Baby Shower

-Bachelor/Bachelorette Party

-Receptions (Political Event)

-Dance Party

-Costume/Fancy Dress Party

-Fundraising Party (For businesses, schools and political events)

-Housewarming Party

-After Parties

Worlds

-Worlds would be semi-open world. What this means is that the towns would be separated into district like places and everything in that district would be open, but if you wanted to leave the district it would cause a loading screen to appear. Districts would be quite large, they would consist of a housing estate, multiple work areas and community lots.

-Another option would be similar to the first, but would instead be that there would be countries separated into towns, which would be bigger than districts.

-There should be 2-3 complete worlds, and atleast 1 empty world in the base game.

Jobs and School

School and most jobs would not be active, because I don't see any reason in having to follow your sim to their job and watch them sit at a desk for a few sim hours. It would just be boring and a waste of time. But to make up for it, these jobs could be semi-active. As in you can follow your sim to work during special events, (Retirement parties, birthday parties, parties in general etc. or job specific events), or school (School plays, giving tours to new students, open days, prom etc.)

Fully active jobs could include:

-Restaurant Jobs (Waiter/Waitress, cook, business owner)

-Catering

-Party Planning/Event Management

-Any start-up businesses

-Journalism

-Entertainment

Semi-active career examples:

-Business

-Consultant

-Doctor (Different fields would be available eg. Cardiologist, pediatrician, general practitioner, surgeon, psychologist etc.)

-Factory jobs

-Advertising

-Scientist (Once again different fields would be available eg. Oceanography, astrology, biology, physics etc.)

Career Perks

I can't think of a different name for this, so I'll just stick to this until I think of a better name. Basically, when you get a promotion for any job, you will have the option to turn it down and pick a different perk. You could pick different hours, a raise, an easier time increasing skills relating to the job etc.
~Keep on chit-chatting, saying this and that
Talkin talkin talkin
I do what I do, so you do you
Dirty dirty
You can’t stop me lovin’ myself
~
Post edited by BiggieCheese on

Comments

• grannynerdgrannynerd Posts: 4 New Member
    Do NOT under ANY circumstances REMOVE things that were in the previous base games!

1. I want more life stages. Going from a child to a teen is always weird to me. I feel like there should be a "preteen" life stage--where the kids go to middle school. Preteens are very different from children and from teens. They are going through puberty and other terrible things we all went through in middle school. Elementary to high school? Eh? Nah. That should've been introduced in the Sims 4 but--cough--you left out toddlers for almost 2-years--cough.

I also would like a later adulthood stage. Going from middle adulthood straight to a 100-year old grandma is super weird and doesn't really flow well IMHO. Young adulthood is from 18 to 35. Middle adulthood lasts until age 50. Female adults in their young and middle life stage should of course be able to get pregnant, but it should be slightly harder for those in their middle adulthood stage. Late adulthood is that sweet spot right before 80. Most people at this age can take care of themselves, but their health is declining. But they should be quite independent. There should be age-related diseases (some fatal) that are related to life stages, but some can kill anyone at any stage (i.e. cancer). Death from child birth would be interesting or car crashes...

Also, why aren't there any disabilities in this game? Deaf people, the blind and the handicap exists, EA Games. Unless you didn't know. Can't hurt y'all to give these people some representation. There's nothing shameful about being in a wheelchair or being disabled. IDK why this has never happened in this game because this is straight up ableism and is really messed up. I'm not disabled, but I do need to wear glasses. That should also be a thing IMHO. Whatever. And why can't teens get pregnant? It happens, dude.

I still strongly encourage EA Games to put disabled Sims in there. Not that I have a problem with the trans patch, but disablities should've been added way before that (and probably even in the Sims 2). Speaking of disabilities, I would like some representation of mental illnesses. Like, some Sims get depressed, etc.

Anyways, I am getting off topic.

I want only 2 more life stages. Preteen and late adulthood (retirement). I also want an option to send granny to a retirement home when she's elderly >.> -cough- And please bring back more interactions with babies. This should've been expanded on.

2. Seasons, Pets and University should be on the BASE GAME. I do not know why they never listen to this request. It's been asked for each and every installment. It's beyond stupid that they are too focused on making a profit.

3. I really hate how cartoonish the Sims look in the Sims 4 (I know some people prefer this). I want my Sims to look more realistic, not cartoonish. There's no excuse for that, especially with all of the technological advances that we have. I would love to have my Sims eventually look like characters from Final Fantasy--which is the top notch design for characters IMHO.

4. Kids should get vacation time (summer vacation, winter break, etc). This is more related to Seasons I suppose.

5. Opportunities for Sims to be criminals. And what I mean by this, is that I would like to either control my Sim or (during STORY PROGRESSION) and have them commit crimes and join gangs. It'll make game play more interesting if the neighborhoods aren't always safe. I would like for there to be an option of murder, but I know that would never happen since some kids play this game. Hehe. We're slipping into Grand Theft Auto territory here... Oh, wouldn't it be cool if they just gave this game an R >.> lots of more cool options <.<

6. I want female Sims to have a period! It happens dude and is a natural part of the human body!

7. I want the family size to be bigger. Only because it'll work well with my orphanage story line or having 3-generations living under the roof >.> otherwise, granny is gonna have to "go to sleep" to make room <.<

8. Ability to edit worlds like on Sim City. I want to be able to create cities (like brownstones). The lots have a lot of spaces inbetween them which doesn't look like a real city neighborhood to me.

9. I've always wanted to follow my Sims to work and or school. But that's an unimportant want really. I wouldn't have a cow if it isn't in the Sims 5.

10. Better options for taking photos and recording your Sims. That would be cool.

That's it for now.
  • BiggieCheeseBiggieCheese Posts: 435 Member
    edited January 2018
    @grannynerd I definitely agree with most of the things you said, especially about bigger family sizes and better graphics. But about your request to have pets, seasons and university in the base game is a bit far-fetched in my opinion. It is possible, but if you're talking about the base game without any updates then I think it would be better to wait. I'd rather have them expand on core game mechanics and graphics first, and then get the rest in an update or expansion, (If it's worth the money). If they added university, pets and seasons immediately the whole game would be made too quickly and the end result would be a disaster.
    Post edited by BiggieCheese on
    Talkin talkin talkin
    Dirty dirty
    ~
  • SultanCanAliSultanCanAli Posts: 113 Member
    I would love religions,but not all i just want the main 5.
    Islam-choose to be sunni or shia and add headscarves plus an imam job.and pilgrimage
    Christianity-choose to be catholic...orthodox
    ,be able to become a Nun or Pope.
    Judaisum-?i rarely know anything about ir
    Hinduisum-temples,Diwali....Henna..
    Buddahisum-become enlightened,reincarnate,visit a mountaintop monastery.
  • LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    edited December 2017
    Deleted
    Post edited by LiaRose1435 on
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • AlienWithABoxAlienWithABox Posts: 57 Member
    Just to play Devil's Advocate a bit here.

When it comes to adding more stages, disabled people, wheelchairs, following people to school, making bigger family sizes, etc, you have to keep in mind the limitations of creating and rendering a video game.

I'd love all of those things but they're also more demanding to both make and run on computers. Computers and video game developers are not magical beings that can create and run anything we want them/it to.

I'm not trying to squash your creativity, I admire it. Just playing Devil's Advocate, like I said earlier.
    4weKOfz.gif
    Twitter: @AlienWithABox
    @AlienWithABox I agree with the fact that video game developers aren't magical creatures, I tried learning how to program and it's hard. But anything is possible nowadays. Of course, certain engines can do things that others can't and vice versa, but things like adding more life stages and bigger family sizes would be 100% possible. We already have life stages, obviously, and mods in the past have been able to increase the limit of sims in a household. It may take more time to create and render the new features, but I would rather have a few well made features in the base game and good expansions packs. And anyway, the sims developers are experts in programming and are all very talented, so as long as they are given the right amount of time and resources they can make anything happen.
    Talkin talkin talkin
    Dirty dirty
    ~
  • CatloCatlo Posts: 88 Member
    I would like to see famous people, like singers or actors !
    <3 My Wishlist : https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Catlo

My top 5 : http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16200302/#Comment_16200302

English isn't my first language, please don't judge me if you see spelling mistakes.
  • ThecaringllamaThecaringllama Posts: 1 New Member
    Completely agree with the need for disabled customisation! I’ve been a fan of the sims since a kid, I’ve always dreamed of having a sim that looks like me, wheelchair and all.
  • Nikole1111Nikole1111 Posts: 36 Member
    With Sims 5 I would like to see more of the people in their age ranges actually experiences what it is like in those stages. Like a toddler and their desire to look at EVERYTHING, a child starting to develop and understanding of their world, a teen's angst going through high school, a young adult still trying to figure everything else and getting rejected from jobs, an adult and their midlife crisis or an elder scrutinizing everything around them. Like your actually living through the character and going through all the stages that build them as characters.
  • lexxysimsslexxysimss Posts: 2 New Member
    honestly the age range would be perfect if it was like that. what would also be cool if the "phases" in the parenthood pack were part of base game if we had those age stages. what would also be cool if we could see them grow. like maybe they got taller as they grow up to be an young adult or they got shorter as they start getting towards being an elder.
    @Nikole1111 I completely agree with basically everything you said. I always thought it was extremely unrealistic for sims to always get the job when they signed up. And elders literally have nothing different about them apart from having grey hair and some extra wrinkles.
    Talkin talkin talkin
    Dirty dirty
    ~
    @lexxysimss Gradual aging is 100% needed in a life simulator game. It's really unrealistic for children to be the same height when they first age up as they do when turning into a teen. And adults don't look and act the same in their twenties as they do in their 40s.
    Talkin talkin talkin
    Dirty dirty
    ~
    @Thecaringllama I never understood why a life simulator game had such a limited amount of diversity. Diversity goes far beyond gender or skin colour, it includes disabilities, cultural and religious diversity etc. The Sims 4 has done a great job in adding diversity to the game through gender customization and including multiple different cultures in City Living and multiple religious holidays besides Christmas in Holiday Stuff. Adding more ways to diversify your sims would be extremely beneficial to everyone, not just those being represented.
    Talkin talkin talkin
    Dirty dirty
    ~
  • xBlade1xxBlade1x Posts: 6 New Member
    First and most importantly, it needs to bring back the open world. Then I would kill for the optional to play the entire game in a direct control mode (optionally of course) just by plugging in a controller. Of course bringing back the open world also means cars, cars + direct control in a sims game would lay the foundations of a true next gen sims game.

I'd also love to see a lot of the small attention to details present in TS2 make a comeback but let's just start with the stuff that will truly give the game it's own identity for good reasons and go from there.
  • Sim_Man17Sim_Man17 Posts: 173 Member
    edited May 2019
    If The Sims 5 is ever going to be developed, I would like to see a Create an Object (CAO for short) to be in place.
    It might work a bit like the MySims' Carpentering system, but more advanced in graphics and options.
    This could be great for custom content creators and those who want to share their work in the gallery.
    Plus, I would like to see the Color Wheel back and CASt.
    I do agree that we should have gradual aging and a vast open world where our Sims can roam around freely without loading screens.
    Plus, I would like for us to be able to construct buildings that are more than five or six floors tall.
    I would like apartment buildings to be introduced in the base game as well.
    Plus, stores, bars, cafés, business offices, and so on should be able to be merged in apartment building lots.
    Those who live in a studio apartment above a coffee shop should know what I'm talking about.
    The shops can be placed on the first floor while the offices, studios, and residential areas can be placed above them.
    Plus, an option to implement custom videos and music to our Sim's television and stereo. As well as being able to create our own genre of Music and Television for our Sims.