Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashes to Ashes: A Legacy [Temporary Hiatus 4/4]

Comments

• CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    edited November 2017
    @winterbaby20 @Wralai Time will tell whether she's actually pregnant or not. If she is, it's guaranteed to be a big game changer no matter what! And if she isn't, well, poor Harper and Erik still have plenty of plum to deal with... I'm so evil to them :tongue:

@MsMarvel98 LOL at "enthusiastic confusion" :tongue: Are you on your phone or something using those smilies? I think those ones don't show up on the forums. Or it might be that you aren't a full member yet... Not sure!

Glad you are enjoying wearing your crown! Again, we'll see with the pregnancy thing. Pretty good theories/predictions about all that, if it does turn out to be true! And I'm happy you're enjoying Erik. It's been fun to finally show more of his personality and backstory. In the teen arc, I really wanted our focus to stay on Harper. But now that we're in the YA arc, I can expand my horizons a bit more ;)

"Also, Erik is cuter than Devin"... Um, girl you'd better run :joy: There are many Devin fangirls around who might hear you! :tongue:I secretly agree with you, but I'm very biased because I made Erik, I didn't make Devin. :tongue: He's still super handsome though, of course! He was a casting call submission from pammiechick (along with Rylie... they were a package deal ;) hehe)
    snvAF3B.png
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    edited November 2017
    @CitizenErased14 Someone needs to tell Erik that (If the MCU movies are a reality in their world) that "Iron Man's/Tony Stark's" actor kicked his own drug problems after being in jail and almost over dosing several times
    Post edited by MadameLee on
    6adMCGP.gif
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    @winterbaby20 @Wralai Time will tell whether she's actually pregnant or not. If she is, it's guaranteed to be a big game changer no matter what! And if she isn't, well, poor Harper and Erik still have plenty of plum to deal with... I'm so evil to them :tongue:

@MsMarvel98 LOL at "enthusiastic confusion" :tongue: Are you on your phone or something using those smilies? I think those ones don't show up on the forums. Or it might be that you aren't a full member yet... Not sure!

Glad you are enjoying wearing your crown! Again, we'll see with the pregnancy thing. Pretty good theories/predictions about all that, if it does turn out to be true! And I'm happy you're enjoying Erik. It's been fun to finally show more of his personality and backstory. In the teen arc, I really wanted our focus to stay on Harper. But now that we're in the YA arc, I can expand my horizons a bit more ;)

"Also, Erik is cuter than Devin"... Um, girl you'd better run :joy: There are many Devin fangirls around who might hear you! :tongue:I secretly agree with you, but I'm very biased because I made Erik, I didn't make Devin. :tongue: He's still super handsome though, of course! He was a casting call submission from pammiechick (along with Rylie... they were a package deal ;) hehe)

LOL! Claws out over Devin! >:)

Ha ha! ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    edited November 2017
    @MsMarvel98 While I highly admire your determination and patience to read 400 chapters of A2A practically in a row, there's no way I can tolerate your aggressiveness toward Devin. :angry: To all Katvin shippers, too:
    Devin a) is too cute to be sad, b) not going to come together with Katie in any way. Simply impossible, and c) mine or not because there are too many concurrents :p

@CitizenErased14 "Nice" chapter, I guess? Not nice in the literal meaning, but in its own way. It was good to see Erik's mother and understand a bit more about their relationship. It kinda surprised me that Harper was so close with his nephew, but why not?
    Just hoping she isn't indeed pregnant as everyone seems to assume. Normally I'm one of the first to cry that out but I'd like to believe that she actually did it for Erik, because she saw that he was tormented by his mother so she wanted to help him out :D
    Post edited by MrsRacooney on
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @MrsRacooney: Harper and the nephew are friendly because they're both hard of hearing (you can vaguely see Kaleb's hearing aid and Erik mentioned it once). I assume they were signing to each other to gossip about the other kids. >:)
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    @MrsRacooney glad to see you defending Devin hehehe

Hopefully yes, Harper was just being nice and trying to save poor Erik! His relationship with his mother is so cold and strained... he needed a bit of saving!
    snvAF3B.png
  • tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    Hey @CitizenErased14 I'm so sorry I haven't been putting in my input with the new updates, I've been really busy. I did read the new chapter. I'm glad Harper is finally coming around. Erik does not look good!
    It's fine @tinahjalmar ! I've been very busy too, so I'm right there with you! Hope things calm down for you soon <3
    snvAF3B.png
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    I have to reread this last chapter. I am really confused about Eric's mother. I must have missed something because she seemed fine to me. She didn't have an easy life by what I understand and she wants Eric to have a better life. I think Eric is just feeling guilty about his bad choices and is taking what his mother says in the wrong way and it is making him uncomfortable. I think Harper noticed he wasn't doing well and came to the rescue.
    I like how well Harper gets along with Eric's nephew. I think she will be a good mother when the time is right.
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Hi @CitizenErased14 I've just realised it's Purple Day today, and really wanted to pay tribute to your character, Mari Rosebrook, because, despite all her flaws, I felt like she was the one who grew the most as a character and was probably one of the most understanding, caring and wisest elders in the Rosebrook history. She is definitely one of my favourite characters and I still remember the chapter when she died. It was poignant and beautifully executed.
    @suzanna13 It’s fine, everyone is going to interpret things a little differently! And Erik most definitely interprets what his mother says in the harshest ways. Harper does like kids a lot... but the thought of her having kids of her own is a little scary :joy: Thanks for reading!

@simscognito That was so incredibly sweet. Thank you :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Like @simscognito I learned about Purple Day today and surprise surprise, your sims came to mind Citizen.

Although Mark is frequently on my mind, the one I've thought of more often lately is actually Tobias. Here's the clip from my post that is a tribute to Tobi. <3
    My first whisper goes out to CitizenErased’s Tobias Rosebrook.

Tobi was such a gentle Sim who was so incredibly dedicated to his family right to the end. He was a wonderfully flawed character which made him especially enjoyable to read and relatable during his troubles. Although he took a back seat to his brother’s drama occasionally, he had his fair share of the spotlight and by the end of his life, had wisdom to share with the youngsters that inevitably filled the Rosebrook household! I enjoyed looking back on Tobias’ chapters today and remembering all the high and low parts of his life. I miss you Tobi ❤
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
    Thank you so much @Karilan ! I love that (and so does Tobi! :heart:)
    snvAF3B.png
    Here's today's chapter :)

6.45: Have To
    CNPKMSH.png
    snvAF3B.png
  • purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member

Ok, so I'm going to put my comment under a spoiler tag in case people haven't read the chapter yet...
    Welcome to reality, Harper! Honestly , she had my sympathy until she started with the "who needs that much money" nonsense. Sorry, but starting with nothing was your choice, honey. That baby, though...I know that in earlier chapters the consensus was that Zayne and Hope needed to stop intervening and bailing Harper out, but I think this time they may need to step in for the sake of their grandchild. It's one thing to be hands off with Harper; she's an adult. But unless both Harper and Eric make some major life changes in the next 9 months, that baby is going to be born into a situation that no child should be part of. I mean, even when Mari had her wake up call with her twins (which...yeah, I'm going to predict a multiple birth now since it's a Rosebrook unplanned pregnancy) they were still living in the family home. Harper's baby is going to be living in a run down apartment with a drug addict father and a mother who supports the family by shoplifting.

It will be really interesting to see how Hope and Zayne react to the news. I mean, Harper works with Zayne...there's no way she can just hide this from him. I am genuinely worried about how Eric will react. Part of me wants to believe that he'll take this as a wake up call and do what he needs to do to get his life back on track...but since he doesn't seem to even be functional without some sort of substance in him anymore I worry that he'll go even deeper to try and keep himself "on".

I was hoping that an unplanned pregnancy would make Harper wake up and realize she needs to get her act together, but unfortunately it doesn't appear like that is the case. She seems to think that her only problem is a lack of money, and that once that is resolved, all her other problems (her stealing, Eric's addiction, her strained relationships with...pretty much everyone who isn't Eric) will magically resolve themselves. It won't help Eric any to land a job he can't keep because he never treated his addiction. And it's not like the job hunt is going that well anyway...why not have Harper live at home for awhile during the pregnancy while Eric gets himself cleaned up? (Who am I kidding...that would make way too much sense.)

Great chapter as always.
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
    Thanks for your awesome comment @purplestarz2006 ! :heart:
    Great point about Hope and Zayne bailing her out. Honestly, I think if she told them about the pregnancy, they totally would. And obviously this can’t be a secret forever... especially once she’s got a bump going on. She probably has another 2-3 months (at most!) before she’ll be showing too much to hide it from anybody anymore...

So the question is, can things really get better in the next couple of months before the cat’s out of the bag? And of course, we’ve gotta figure out what “better” really means. Like you said, to Harper, it seems to just be about having more money. But is money really enough to fix all of her and erik’s issues...?

Thank you so much for reading!
    snvAF3B.png
    @CitizenErased14 today's Dec 2nd..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • SpectresValkyrieSpectresValkyrie Posts: 317 Member
    Harper should really tell her parents about the baby. They would probably help her out of this jam. They do have a good point about Erik going to rehab. Any money she does get will not help make things better. Erik needs help. It will not be easy and could get worse with a child on the way. Originally yes Zayne and Hope needed to let Harper grow up and learn from her mistakes without help but this might be one of those times where she needs their help. This might be a turning point.
    Things look very concerning with Erik. Will he be happy? He seems like an empty shell right now and I don't know if worrying about a job, money, his relationships and now a new baby will help make things better. Maybe this will help Erik get everything back in order and get him to stop using.
    ETagn5d.jpg
    @SpectresValkyrie Yeah, telling Hope and Zayne would probably help her a lot more than she thinks! But I think she's too afraid of getting another ultimatum from her parents about her and Erik... :/

And yeah, this baby definitely has the potential to either be a great wakeup call for Erik, or totally push him over the edge! :open_mouth:
    snvAF3B.png
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Am I the only one drawing a parallel between Harper and Clara right now? Both had a pretty similar reaction, though for different reasons.

Man, they've just been getting deeper and deeper into this hole they dug...
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
    Am I the only one drawing a parallel between Harper and Clara right now? Both had a pretty similar reaction, though for different reasons.

Man, they've just been getting deeper and deeper into this hole they dug...

But at least Florian wasn't on drugs
    unlike Erik
    6adMCGP.gif
    That’s a good parallel, @SeaDragonSong ! And yes, this hole is getting deeper and deeper...
    snvAF3B.png
  • winterbaby20winterbaby20 Posts: 2,413 Member
    edited December 2017
    I hope Zayne and hope do what mari parents and sister did. Take custody of the kid until harper and Eric get their act together. They would win the custody battle pretty easily.
  • WralaiWralai Posts: 477 Member
    edited December 2017
    PleasepleasePLEASE let that imagine spot be reality! I don’t care if it’s Harper with Riley or Eric or Devin, I just want Harper and Eric to get their act together.
    If HoZay takes custody of the kid/s, I hope they’ll learn from their mistakes...
    170424-CeYy_jT-qip.jpg[IMG][/img]
    Click on the image above to be sent to my legacy, The Galvez Legacy!
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Okay so it probably took me longer to read ALL the MANY comments on word press than to read today's chapter! So then I went back to reread to get it fresh in my mind again!! :D

I was wrong and she is pregnant! This is terrible timing for Erik and Harper! My heart just sank for them and what they are doing to themselves. And this pregnancy just makes it worse! :'(
    It's so sad that Harper thinks if Erik gets a job he'll be happy and then everything will be fine. This is not reality Harper he needs help and so do you! Until that happens things will be all wrong! They are both keeping secrets from each other and that doesn't bode well for any relationship. It will only lead to distrust and then everything will fall apart even more than it has already.
    I am so worried for them both and really hope that one if not both get their head out of the sand and back to reality! Maybe this pregnancy will help but it could also make things worse! :s

What are you trying to do to us @CitizenErased14?!?!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top