Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there ever going to be More Sims Medieval ?

Dear Simmers , I came to crisis while playing my long forgotten sims medieval game ; I just can't help asking if there will ever be more of this game . Personally I think that this game has been quickly forgotten . Sure some were a bit disappointed with it being neither an rpg nor the classic sim game , but honestly I quite enjoyed the experience , artwork , quests and stories . I mean The Sims Medieval is it's own thing , and I quite like it . It's an original game , and I am really sad that it only has one other expansion ( it being : The Sims Medieval Pirates and Nobbles ) . Since it has been forgotten by many there is no news about it ever ( as far as my knowledge goes ) being risen back from the dead :'( ... sniffles ... and so I was left with my own completed Medieval sim game just pondering about it ever being rejuvenated :s .... S.o.S , send help , my kingdom needs you ...
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

747a4083471d8b76843c1c120cf5bd98.jpg

Comments

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I think that when TS3 ended, we said goodbye to the chance of any more new content for this splendid game, as it was a TS3 spin-off. I am just trying to enjoy what we have - one more Ambition to complete in the base game, before I dip into Pirates and Nobles (which I have been saving for over a year). I'd like more, but we have what we have, and that's it.
  • Lucid_blehLucid_bleh Posts: 107 Member
    @Sindocat noo , I refuse to think that this is the end :'(:s , and wow congrats on the self restrain for the pirates and nobles ... :o
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

• ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I keep hoping.

Just this morning I am starting yet another new game. I love TSM it makes me sad that they dropped it like a hot potato :'( Still I keep playing it to its end then rolling a fresh start. There is so much untapped potential. I quite enjoy building my realm and doing the quests I just really long for an updated version with more quests.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    I for one think there are enough quests and enough possibilities for lots of gameplay. The game is perfect and finished the way it is.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    TSM was a sidegame to TS3 and therefore targeted at mainly 12-13 yrs old girls just like all the other Sims games. It was more about quests than most other Sims games. But the quests were kept easy and the game small with just as much focus on clothes and decorating as the other Sims games.

I didn’t like that either because I usually have played much bigger games with bigger worlds and more complicated and difficult quests. But I still liked TSM very much. Just not that the EP was so small that it didn’t even open up any of the other countries to make them playable too and I would have loved more and bigger worlds. But I still understand though why EA still wanted to mainly target the game on very young girls who likely could have got into too many problems with a bigger and more complicated game. So I wasn’t really surprised that EA didn’t make the game more like I would have preferred for myself.
    I for one think there are enough quests and enough possibilities for lots of gameplay. The game is perfect and finished the way it is.
    Never enough ! Neveeeeeer ! I live for my Simnia x,D
    @Simsister2004

But to be honest, you can play further in every ambition, when you have finished it, you can play in the Free Play corner up to the left and end the war up to the right. I have played recently more than 2 months and have still a lot to do and new quests popping up all the time. My personal ambition is to - first finish all the game's ambitions with platinum, and then play on as described above for a very long time. I don't see any lag of possibilities.
    Compared to other big newer games the world is still small and you can’t visit the other kingdoms. You also can’t redesign your own kingdom. So the startup map is exactly the same for every new game you begin. This is small and limited compared to almost any other game.

But yes. You have many quests and there are new things to try for a a few months and I did that too when I played the game. But then it became too trivial for me to play. I have played other games much longer because their quests were harder and the world several times bigger. But of course those game were M rated and not targeted at 12-13 yrs old girls like all the Sims games mainly are.
    Oh yes, how I wish we got the Castaway to play through Origin. That sentence about the age is directly talking down to most of players. It isn't "targeted" towards that age. It is recommended from age 12 and up!
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Erpe wrote: »
    Compared to other big newer games the world is still small and you can’t visit the other kingdoms. You also can’t redesign your own kingdom. So the startup map is exactly the same for every new game you begin. This is small and limited compared to almost any other game.

But yes. You have many quests and there are new things to try for a a few months and I did that too when I played the game. But then it became too trivial for me to play. I have played other games much longer because their quests were harder and the world several times bigger. But of course those game were M rated and not targeted at 12-13 yrs old girls like all the Sims games mainly are.

I wonder how they keep hooking me and others if their games are targeted toward 12-13 year olds? I must be twelve at heart, because I have bought just about every version of 'Sims' games except console (I don't play console games) and some of the Story packs though I did like the Riley story/Castaway pack.
    I bought most of the games too :)

I especially loved TS2 for more than 2 years even though I found the game way too easy and also too simple. But especially the families in Pleasantview fascinated me and I played that neighborhood over and over even though I of course also tried the other neighborhoods and made my own neighborhoods too. I also still play the Sims Freeplay even though it doesn’t interest me nearly as much as it did until I reached the game’s top level and couldn’t increase my population anymore.

So why do I play such games even though I am an adult and a male too? The answer is that wars, fighting etc doesn’t interest me much anymore because it is just the same and the same and it is the main things in almost all other games. This bores me even though I still attempt to find a good strategic war game too. The stories in the Sims games are quite trivial. But even so they aren’t so boring to me as the stories in all those war games, fighting games and sports games usually are. I just don’t want to just fight and fight and fight all the time ;)

So I often prefer games that are targeted at very young girls too over M rated hardcore fighting games targeted at older teens and adults because those games usually just bore me :)
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    But to be honest, you can play further in every ambition, when you have finished it, you can play in the Free Play corner up to the left and end the war up to the right. I have played recently more than 2 months and have still a lot to do and new quests popping up all the time. My personal ambition is to - first finish all the game's ambitions with platinum, and then play on as described above for a very long time. I don't see any lag of possibilities.

Yes! I am playing through all base game Ambitions - have one left to complete at Platinum - and am taking this as a kind of extended tutorial before I build up my "eternal" iteration of Kingland in sandbox mode. Even then, I can see myself re-playing some Quests for fun (or for Heroic traits)!

Sure, I wish it were bigger. But I think we need to come to terms with the fact that this is what we have, and all we are likely to.
    edited November 2017
    Oh yes, how I wish we got the Castaway to play through Origin. That sentence about the age is directly talking down to most of players. It isn't "targeted" towards that age. It is recommended from age 12 and up!
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    According to SimGuruDrake they target the game “mostly at teenage girls”. This isn’t talking down to anybody but just stating a fact!

But of course she didn’t say that it was exclusively targeted at young teenage girls because EA sure doesn’t mind that other simmers are playing the game too. It just means that they see young teen girls as the main target group while they are designing the game because EA knows that young teen girls get many more Sims games than anybody else. So those young girls need to like the game or sales numbers would go down so much that EA would have to see the game as a complete failure.

Yes Will Wright said that. But he isn’t with EA anymore and haven’t made Sims games for a long time. In the same speak where SimGuruDrake talked about the game being targeted mostly at teen girls she expressed it in another way:
    “For me it’s really just us wanting to create a safe space for people to tell their stories and the more we add on it’s not, yes we obviously would like more player to come and play The Sims, but that’s never like the point of doing it. It’s just, how can we help people tell their stories in a space that’s safe for them to be able to hopefully get the courage to share those stories with a wider group, until it becomes a normal thing.”
    I mean look , yes it is true that it had a lot of rabitholes , but so does the sims 4 today , but it still brings some good content today which still makes it playable and enjoyable . What I am saying is that the game had a great , original concept , and it was it's own thing just like manny other sims games . My opinion is that it could have been way greater and better if they worked a bit more on the game , an so I am holding on to that hope that they will make a remake of tsm , even tho reality brings me different facts . Regarding the targeted people for this game ; I think that opinions are opinions , and it may be so that the box of the game says 3+ but thats one of manny marketing tricks to start creating fanbases with as young of an audience as they could possibly have . @Sindocat & @Simsister2004 true , it can still be playable as it is on its own and you can still get a lot more hours out of that game .It is not an rpg game like manny others as @Erpe said there are great rpg games out there that if competed with would beat tsm , but that's only because it is not a typical rpg game it is truly is its own thing . But that was not the point of my question , I was not really seeking for opinions weather on not it was a great game even tho I do like to hear them and am welcome to all opinions because these are the forums and freedom of expression is to be expected and is welcoming , I was seeking for information if anybody is working on a remake . I do thank @Cinebar & @Sindocat for explaining to me why the expansions were never made .

@ladybreid i feel you :'(

@Lucid_bleh TSM wasn’t to my knowledge rated 3+ anywhere. It was rated 6+ by the German USK, 12+ by the Pan European Rating Board PEGI and T(13+) in North America by the ESRB.

But those ratings are made by rating boards and not at all by EA who has their own plan and target group for each of EA’s games. The ratings are only about if the amount of violence and sexual content is suitable or harmful for children of certain ages or not.

Generally the Sims games are simulation games and as such a mix of dollhouse simulation and life simulation. But some of the games have had parts from RPG games too. This was true for some of the earlier console versions and also for Life Stories, Pet Stories, Castaway Stories, World Adventures and the Sims Medieval. Those games were easier and usually smaller than traditional RPG games and obviously because they weren’t targeted at experienced RPG gamers but still at the same group (of mainly young girls) as all the other Sims games.

This doesn’t in any way mean that the Sims games with RPG elements weren’t good games because for me they actually were some of the best Sims games that I have played. Other RPG games are often harder M rated games. But for me they are way too often much too much about hard fighting and meant to have hard quests where we lose a lot of battles before we maybe get through the game anyway. But I don’t like to waste my time with fighting the same battles over and over until I maybe finally win a battle such that I can get just a little further in the game. Therefore I liked the Sims RPG games more than most of the bigger RPG games which for me often had way too much hard fighting in almost impossible battles.
    edited November 2017
    @Erpe I am deeply sorry but it seems that you have badly mistaken me and my comments , never have I said it was a bad game since i am rooting for more i thought that at least i made it obvious and when I said 3+ i commented that in an over exaggerating manner to prove a point that what the label says does not matter the games quality I thought that I managed to explain that well , nor do i mean any bad manners/wishes/disrespect towards you or your knowledge and experiences . Once again I am sorry for the misunderstanding or any other inconveniences I may have caused I thought that my message and good intent was clear , and once again my question remains the same that is : " will there be a remake " and not "is it a good game?" nor "is it a true rpg game?" because I do have a huge respect for EA and all of their games especially for all of the sims games and their spin offs , however i do thank you for your sincerely open discussion and honest opinion , but please do not take me the wrong way , I am just really interested in tsm topics on the forum and i see no news about the remake of it , which is why I was asking this question
    Post edited by Lucid_bleh on

Lucid_bleh wrote: »
    @Erpe I am deeply sorry but it seems that you have badly mistaken me and my comments , never have I said it was a bad game since i am rooting for more i thought that at least i made it obvious and when I said 3+ i commented that in an over exaggerating manner to prove a point that what the label says does not matter the games quality I thought that I managed to explain that well , nor do i mean any bad manners/wishes/disrespect towards you or your knowledge and experiences . Once again I am sorry for the misunderstanding or any other inconveniences I may have caused I thought that my message and good intent was clear , and once again my question remains the same that is : " will there be a remake " and not "is it a good game?" nor "is it a true rpg game?" because I do have a huge respect for EA and all of their games especially for all of the sims games and their spin offs , however i do thank you for your sincerely open discussion and honest opinion , but please do not take me the wrong way , I am just really interested in tsm topics on the forum and i see no news about the remake of it , which is why I was asking this question
    I know that you didn’t say that it was a bad game. But somebody thought that I meant myself that it was a bad game because of the way I have described it. So I had to write that this isn’t the case.

We agree about the game ratings saying nothing about the game’s quality and 3+ seems to be an earlier rating used either in Germany (USK) or by PEGI. In North America such a rating would be E (for everybody) instead.

I also doubt that there will be a remake. But if there is then EA once more will target the game mostly at about 12-13 yrs old girls because there are no signs that EA ever will make a M rated Sims game target at older teens and adults instead even though EA also made MySims as a Sims game targeted more at younger children.
    @Erpe yes , it was my fault for the missunderstanding . I do agree with you to a certain point tho

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »

Yes! I am playing through all base game Ambitions - have one left to complete at Platinum - and am taking this as a kind of extended tutorial before I build up my "eternal" iteration of Kingland in sandbox mode. Even then, I can see myself re-playing some Quests for fun (or for Heroic traits)!

Sure, I wish it were bigger. But I think we need to come to terms with the fact that this is what we have, and all we are likely to.

Note: If you play in sandbox and switch between heroes you will still get messages concerning the other hero etc. as if you are still controlling them. This is something they did not correct in sandbox mode. Example: If I play the king/queen in sandbox then decide I want to play the warlock etc. a player will still get messages about the king and if he needs to eat or whatever, it is sometimes annoying since it is the same messages you get when you control a Sim in the game. We (I) requested this be changed in sandbox mode but never did get fixed or changed.
    edited December 2017
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Sindocat wrote: »

Note: If you play in sandbox and switch between heroes you will still get messages concerning the other hero etc. as if you are still controlling them. This is something they did not correct in sandbox mode. Example: If I play the king/queen in sandbox then decide I want to play the warlock etc. a player will still get messages about the king and if he needs to eat or whatever, it is sometimes annoying since it is the same messages you get when you control a Sim in the game. We (I) requested this be changed in sandbox mode but never did get fixed or changed.

I had the same problem , no help with that tho , all you can do however is use the cheats to make your hero happy , but I advise you to not do that since it does lagg the game a bit

• StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

I did buy The Sims Medieval, I was enjoying the gameplay. then I went to the Castle and noticed the game had been made and targeted at mainly 12-13 yrs old girls, pre-Teen.
    Then I Bought the new one for Pirates, and again I went to the Castle It was the same Castle, and the same grounds. same shopping and worst it targeted at mainly 12-13 yrs old girls, pre-teen.
    There are no differences in the Worlds, even though targeted at mainly 12-13 yrs old girls with thinking abilities. And lastly but most important even if the game were targeted at mainly 12-13 yrs old girls, 2-3-year-old girls know that's the Same Game. :| No building in the game. Proof that the game targeted at mainly 12-13 yrs old girls.
    What if you bought Sims 3, and then You bought Sims 4, you loaded it and when it Opened it was Sims 3 world.
    ?? :o
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    If I enjoy a game then who it is targeted towards has no bearing on my enjoyment of said game. If I don't enjoy a game the target audience also doesn't matter to me. Who a game is targeted towards has never made an impact on my enjoyment of any game.

It's the content I enjoy, not who it is targeted to.

When I started playing WoW it was targeted towards 15 year old boys. I was a 30+ year old woman. The games targeting didn't make me stop enjoying the game. So I will keep on enjoying TSM regardless of the fact that I am not who they were aiming for :)

wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.