Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SerraNolwen's builds

Comments

• SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    It works! I was so worried about the orchard, since I put flowers among the fruit trees, but Sims are able to water everything. I'll probably take pictures and upload tonight. For now, I need to get ready for work.
    For those who wish to see more of my castle/house for Snow White, here it is! It is available on the gallery under the name Castle and Orchard.

We see very little of it in the movie, and I didn't even want to imitate that, so I went with my imagination, but I did want to keep a couple things: the pretty yard with the balcony and wishing well where Snow first met the prince, the dark room where the Queen has her magic mirror. I also wanted to keep the idea of a fairly sleek, simple white building (apart from the abundance of towers). Even inside, I kept the same wooden floors and white walls for most of the rooms, adding paintings, curtains and tapestries (and rugs) to break all that white up and to give the idea that someone tried to make a cold place a little more welcoming.

Let's start with the outside view. I tried to give the impression of height and towers without making it a full castle build. This had the disadvantage of making the rooms inside rather small, but it worked out.
    oLQiIyS.png

In the backyard is a little building that is used mostly for storage and which will become a kennel for eventual dogs.
    8gEcaOi.png

There's also the orchard, with rows of pear, apple and cherry trees, plus some wild goodies growing among the flowers.
    VxpWf8Z.png

Let's take a look at the floor plans before we go inside. Ground floor includes the hallway, living room, dining room (plus bar), kitchen, one guest room, two bathrooms and tiny bedrooms for all the staff.
    k8zeaVN.png

Second floor is for the royals' bedrooms and bathroom.
    DbuX1WV.png

And this is the tower.
    Y3XaMvh.png

Now let's take a look at the common areas downstairs.
    V9yILSz.png
    ZfahZJz.png
    823QKet.png
    HtioM1L.png
    BaEifrb.png
    uxglYlE.png

While the kitchen isn't huge, I tried to put doubles of the appliances so multiple sims can work on preparing a feast.
    XTHl7TN.png

There are also tiny bedrooms for the staff. They are small, bare and windowless. The butler's is barely better. The master of the house didn't give it much thought. :s
    La6LUWF.png
    bDxQMs6.png
    xX88gHx.png

There's one guest room, too.
    PihrRku.png

Let's head upstairs.
    ifxKN37.png

I wanted Snow's room to have lots of cutesy elements while still fitting with the rest.
    jQUDaBt.png

Her bedroom has a balcony which leads to this fenced courtyard. Both courtyards have gates that lead outside, too.
    O76OAp0.png

Her father's bedroom has a similar balcony and courtyard.
    XOvrV4g.png
    s1IrDS4.png

Finally, atop the tower, some witchery is going on. Had you guys ever noticed that that book has a drawing of a heart? As in the organ? Creepy, but perfect for the evil queen.
    0ZNmvqB.png
    uhoyaZm.png

I hope you like this!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Castle and Orchard is a very nice home for Snow White! :) I have posted about the exterior design and layout in an earlier post. It is great that there is a storage shed in the build. Very nice orchard area! Sims will enjoy growing and harvesting plants there. Very nice furnishing and layout of the interior! The small sized bedrooms for the Staff is great! Nice nook areas for the sims to enjoy playing chess with sunshine coming into through the windows beside them or do some reading at the study desk table. The wall map and teaset on the table are nice touches there. Very nice fireplace armchair and sofa seat sitting nook for chatting near the fire. The grandfather clock is a homely touch. Kids will have fun playing with the castle dollhouse. Very nice design of the dining room! It is nice that there is a bar area in the room for sims to enjoy having a drink from the bar with their meal. The dining table looks great how it is angled in the room and the type of dining chairs used looks nice. The type of ceiling light looks nice in the room.The flower is a pretty touch on the dining table. It is great that a Knight is standing guard near the door! It is great that there are double stoves and fridges in the kitchen. The tiled floor rug is a nice touch there. Snow’s bedroom is pretty! The pink/grey colour of the bed and floor rug looks very nice and the big pink bunny and ladybug are cute! The wall tapestries are nice touches in the home. It is nice that there are courtyard areas for kids to have fun playing on the monkey bar, and for sims to enjoy using the wishing well or sitting resting near the water fountain . The tower area looks great! The black wall texture gives a great look to the area.
    It is a very nice home for Snow! :)
    Thank you @rosemow! I'll admit I'm particularly fond of that tower. It looks so different from everything else, and the mood is exactly as I wanted it.
    I've just finished a collab with @reanseih! She built the house (including room divisions and such inside) and did all of the landscaping. I decorated inside and added a thing or two on balconies. We wanted to make a family home that would be great for people who like spending lots of time outside and inviting people over for gatherings. When I uploaded it to the gallery, I called it Southern cottage collab. Want the shell? Go over to Reanseih's gallery and thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921471/failure-showcase-reanseih#latest

Ok, let's start with a look at Reanseih's work. I love the landscaping, although my pictures don't give it enough credit, as they were taken from further away and don't show all the detail on the side:
    e8tCVJl.png
    Spkq4kV.png

Now, as usual, floor plans. The ground floor includes a half-bathroom, kitchen, dining and living. Upstairs are two full bathrooms and three bedrooms.
    zlNKGea.png
    7Ft1Qau.png

Let's take a look inside, starting with the hallway:
    1ToglcK.png

Here is the living room. It is built for entertaining a few guests if rain catches them off-guard (one can always hope it will be added, right?):
    pTlNDvK.png
    gXVT16B.png

There is a lot of open space. Here, you can see the kitchen and a glimpse of the dining room:
    CMc7ve3.png
    tIh2cjX.png

Upstairs corridor. As you may have noticed, the owners have kept most of the old wooden panneling, which has just been given a coat of paint or varnish.
    raN8BUg.png

This is the master's bedroom. It has the only computer in the house (sorry, kids!), a walk-in closet and on-suite bathroom, which I didn't take pictures of:
    HEVkACd.png

This room is intended for an older child. It doesn't really have any toys, but is a nice place to read, do homework and just relax.
    18wn4Bk.png

The toddler's bedroom could work great for either a boy or girl:
    67QmEb7.png

The main bathroom upstairs is mostly used by the kids, hence the pink accents:
    90TKGrX.png

I hope you like this! Of course, it is available on the gallery: link
    Southern Cottage Collab is a very special build that you worked on the home together :) Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The wall panelling in the entrance hallway and living room looks nice. The shoes rack is a homely touch near the front door. Very nice layout of the living room. Sims will enjoy playing chess or card table games near the windows with sunshine coming in onto them. They will enjoy relaxing on the sofa or arnchair, watching tv and listening to stereo music. The floor tiling in the kitchen looks nice. Sims will enjoy making popcorn there. Very nice colour schemes of the bedrooms. Nice windows study desk nooks in the master and girls rooms, for them to enjoy looking out through the windows at the outdoors views whilst doing using the computer or doing her homework. The heart teddy in the kids room is cute! The toddler will have fun playing with toys from the chest.
    It is a very nice home :)
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    Snow's house looks amazing! It's so cute!
    @rosemow @LadyEmillye Thank you both! I'm glad you liked these creations. :)
  • reanseihreanseih Posts: 265 Member
    @SerraNolwen it's been a real pleasure working with you on this collab. <3 On another topic though, have you noticed there's two mailboxes? xD I think you forgot to delete the old one lol.
    青天白日滿地紅 Blue Sky, White Sun, and a Wholly Red Earth
    The Sims 4 Gallery
    The Sims 4 Showcase
    @reanseih Ahahahah! Right, I keep forgetting the mailboxes somehow don't disappear when you bulldoze a lot. XD
    @SerraNolwen nah more like, I had placed one in the shell lmao. xDDD
    The Sims 4 Gallery
    The Sims 4 Showcase
    @reanseih Hmm. I don't even remember adding a mailbox outside, but I guess I did. Somehow, I hadn't noticed yours. Sorry!
    @SerraNolwen oh it's fine, was just something I noticed.
    The Sims 4 Gallery
    The Sims 4 Showcase
  • eric6a01eric6a01 Posts: 69 Member
    Thats a little bit horror! All rooms are so dark and mystery!
    @eric6a01 Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I'm wondering, though, which build are you talking about? I'm quite certain you don't mean the latest.
  • CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    Both your Snow White builds look absolutely wonderful! Love all the thought you put in every room and detail and taking a lot of storytelling on board too, it really shows, especially in the fantastic interiors! B) And another great job on the collab project family house! I really like your interiors here, there's a wonderful colour and stylistic flow throughout, it looks great!
    @Corwim Thank you so much for the kind comments! I'm glad you like my builds. I take forever with every build pondering which clutter objects and decorations would best fit for the future inhabitants of the house, so it's nice to hear that it didn't go unnoticed. :)
  • CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    Hehe, I do the same, I usually have a specific sim in mind when I design a room. :wink: And yes I take forever too, lolz. Probably why I hardly have any completed builds, mostly rooms in my gallery, so big big kudos to you for your perseverance to make that happen for entire houses. Especially Snow white's house! So many rooms in there, yet every one of them had received such great attention to detail. B)
    @Corwim Snow White's "castle" was surprisingly easy to furnish. I think it's largely because I knew I didn't want to much decorations and the rooms were so tiny I really couldn't put in that much more than what I knew I needed. XD
  • BlueShreveBlueShreve Posts: 550 Member
    @reanseih and @SerraNolwen both did a very good job on Southern Cottage colab, the home is beautiful inside and out and the landscaping is very nice.
    ZH6FuAy.png
    ----> Check out and download my creations HERE <----
    ----> View my Showcase thread HERE <----
    @BlueShreve Thank you very much for the kind comments!
    Now that I'm on vacation again, I have some time to build a little more. I tried the latest Build and Share challenge and built a house for three orphaned children. The challenge was pretty hard. There were a lot of things I wanted to use, but limited budget meant I had to choose between some of those expensive objects and having money for wall decorations. I was stubborn and kept the expensive stuff. Here are the results:

9oInTGd.png

Let's start with bird's eye views and floor plans:
    5MSyN38.png
    bAmoKtJ.png
    D7LYG8s.png

I liked this little flamingo-riding gnome to welcome the kids:
    bOpxw29.png

The entrance:
    0WgvCFr.png

The living room, in which I tried to include at least one Christmas decoration, since the story for the challenge seemed to imply that the holidays were coming.
    7mx4AZG.png
    7qkQvWf.png
    J6ksPXz.png

They have a popcorn machine in the kitchen, right next to the archway leading to the living room, for when they watch movies together.
    5h42cFL.png
    7si3GWg.png
    244rD2E.png

There's a little study nook set up just outside the kitchen:
    AceF03p.png

And the eldest has his own desk in his bedroom. I wanted to give his room some bright colors, but all orange would have been a little too much:
    rhfklfL.png
    ltijMyk.png

There's also a full bathroom on the ground floor:
    0Fxdkxe.png

Before we head upstairs, here is the backyard:
    C56YY4b.png

Right up the stairs is a bright and sunny play room. I included a few Day of the Dead inspired objects as a reminder of their home and culture.
    xU6fWZb.png
    iYGLx2z.png

The upstairs bathroom keeps with the sunny yellow theme:
    0jbDTiA.png

This is the girl's bedroom. She's still a child, but pretty close to becoming a teenager. It shows in her choice of decorations and entertainment options:
    zRjqGUj.png
    D39Ey4H.png
    biU7Qls.png

Here is her little brother's bedroom. He has more toys:
    xxojvtm.png
    BoYeNzE.png

That's it! I hope you like it. The house has been fully play-tested and is available for download: link
    Happy Vacation! :) The exterior design of Children’s New Home is very nice! The nook area with the plants and the cute gnome riding the pink flamingo looks great! Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home. The grey colour and the texture of the living area walls looks nice. Very nice fireplace armchairs sitting area for sims to enjoy sitting in front of the fire. The wreath is a nice festive touch on the wall. Sims will enjoy playing guitar in the room with sunshine coming in through the windows , or relaxing on the sofa watching tv or reading a book. It is great that there is a popcorn maker for the sims to enjoy making and eating popcorn! Very nice windows dining area! Sims will enjoy looking out at the outdoors whilst eating their meal. The orange and grey colour scheme of the bedroom of the eldest looks nice. It is nice that there is a study desk area in the bedroom. Very nice fenced outdoors dining and play backyard area! Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the bbq and eating them at the umbrella covered table in the sunshine, and have fun playing horseshoes and on the monkey bars. Sandy the sandman is cute there! Very sunny indoors playroom! The yellow colour of the walls and the confetti pattern looks very nice! The kids will have fun playing the Llama tabletop game and enjoy doing artwork on the activities table. Very pretty pink colour scheme and wall pattern of the girls bedroom! Nice patterned stool for her to enjoy sitting in the corner nook reading a book. The teddy is cute in the boys bedroom!
    It is a very nice home! :)
    As usual @rosemow, thank you very much for taking the time to do this. :)
  • chips46chips46 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Hi I was just going through your showcase your builds are amazing, :) the seven dwarfs home is very cute the one with the three doors I wasn't quite sure where those doors were leading to then when I read it oh it was to the bathrooms areas I thought it was something mysterious behind the three doors.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top