Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the sims 4 getting better???

Comments

• crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    I honestly think once we get a generations ep, the game will be 10 times better.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Juwelz wrote: »
    Think it will get better when they add toddlers and pets to the game!
    For some yes if that is what they were looking and for others no because there are certain features that make simming real fun and addictive.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member
    I honestly think once we get a generations ep, the game will be 10 times better.

i HOPE so. Its a bit sad that I'm so jaded with The Sims now, so I'm expecting the worst in order to not be disappointing.
    If it does end up adding depth and fixing the problems the game has in the process (not just toddlers, but the lacking of depth in other areas) then I might be ready to be positive about this game finally turning around.
    I think before it came out Sims 4 gave a lot of promise and considering the success of Sims 3 probably most of Sims franchise fans were looking forward to it with great expectations. IMO multitasking and emotions are truly huge improvements to previous versions and I love them, it is realistic and made me feel really excited about Sims 4 before it came out but what none of us didn't expect was how simplified this game was created especially considering its predecessor. I for one thought emotions and multitasking were coming as updates not in a whole another new game somehow still called a sequel to Sims 3. I felt disappointed.

Yes Sims 3 lagged, I own a Macbook Pro and even with NVDIA Graphics Card it lags. Since I own a Macbook I don't get to whine about it, they suck when it comes to gaming lol, but Sims 3 was actually interesting. I could stand waiting 3 minutes for the neighbourhood to load because I always had so many things to do besides building. I've always thought it was about all the expansion packs Sims 3 has but recently I played with Late Night & Supernatural only (I only used consignment stores from supernatural by the way) and I still had so many things to do. Even opportunities are a challenge. It's not just about open worlds, although I think it is something that makes Sims 3 perfect. Sims 4 came out with almost everything missing. There isn't enough depth in the game. Even major things are gone. Toddlers? Genealogy added after 5 months? Pools? Oh god, pools! That was a successful marketing campaign right after the launch though, they knew people were going to be mad about pools and it created a false sense as if they were always going to add huge improvements to game as quick as that according to players' opinions and also free! They've added things over time of course but apart from pools, basements and half walls I can't seem to recall any. I know these were added because I came across them in some patch notes I read before as updates or news. Whatever. Obviously there are more that I don't know of but the thing is when I look into building section I don't see anything that makes me think wow this is good, this must be Sims 4 exclusive. Let's say none of base games are perfect.

Then came the game packs & expansion packs. Outdoor Retreat, Get to Work, Spa Day and now Get Together. I love the game pack aspect of Sims 4 they're usually smaller things that makes the game much more fun for me. (I'm a Spa & Yoga addict in this game :D It's indeed my favourite pack. Not just GP among whole packs) But when we consider expansion packs, this is where hell breaks loose. I just hate how with two EPs out (both had huge potential as concepts) they can't seem to be making them detailed enough and interconnected. Get to Work is epic. IN THEORY. You gave us the option to own Retail stores. Has it seriously never occurred to a whole staff/dev team I might want to run a Gym Center or a library? Or I might actually want to buy properties and rent them or resell them like a real estate agent? Okay so they were base lots and were not coded/planned that way maybe but they could give option to GTW owners to run cafés and nightclubs when they buy Get Together instead of Preeminent Domain Retail Shops. People who do not own GTW, could still play as we do now.

Additions with active careers beside the careers themselves were, still are really limited to as well. Are there even burglars & criminals (not the career) in this game apart from whatever you're doing in detective career? Never happened to me and never tried detective career so I don't know, I guess not. Wouldn't it be nice to call a dedective to your lot after a burglary? They added health as a concept with an invisible -yet visitable if you're a doctor- hospital and sicknesses but somehow whenever I get sick it takes 15 secs with a medicine ordered online to get over it. Is ıt too hard to give us the option to go to hospital? Thank god we can have babies in the hospital. Also why can't we ever get to see these locations unless we play the careers? Get Together is a failure to me. It's fun, but it's not a decent EP. Winderburg looks pretty cool though. We could have new careers with Get Together, DJ & Dancer maybe? Again, could be active to GTW owners but we did not even get those careers so. What's the difference of Get Together as an EP from GP Spa Day anyway? We had 2 new skills instead of one? Clubs? If I remember correctly we had something like convincing someone to do something in Sims 3 and it was not a huge EP itself. Now we get a chance to level up our skills faster with clubs, also rally the troops and feel better about not using needs ->make happy and clicking on another sim to fulfill. Leveling wellness and influencing emotions on people with social interactions + getting massaged seems almost same within amount of additions to me. Synced outfits and dances are amusing, but they shouldn't have been a whole EP concept. If this was the Late Night for Sims 4, it shows how terrifyingly simplified everything has become.

To answer your question, unless they add Seasons with ski resorts and sandy beaches with hotels, that we can run if we have Get to Work or exclusive clubs at those places among locals (with their own rivalries etc if we have Get Together) or add Pets with zoos (again option to run for GTW and something related for GT I don't know) + exotic animals, death by lion or another carnivore attack bla bla, they totally screwed a pretty great game and we got nothing to do about it. We need more details, the game is far too simplified for its own good. I just create a household, build houses for it play 1-1.5 hours, get bored and go to household creation to create another 1,5 hour one.
  • NaiaNaia Posts: 117 Member
    Yes it gets better with new stuff added but it will never get better than TS3 or even TS2 since it doesn't have that much depth like TS2 had
  • Emmely_BettineEmmely_Bettine Posts: 102 Member
    I feel like it has a lot of potential, and that it has indeed gotten better. I'm really excited about future expansions.
    "Don't make people into heroes, John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them." - Sherlock
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Naia wrote: »
    Yes it gets better with new stuff added but it will never get better than TS3 or even TS2 since it doesn't have that much depth like TS2 had

Agree!

They can Add all the content they want but won't make it the best for me!

It needs tools as we Lost so many!
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited March 2016
    koop wrote: »
    I think before it came out Sims 4 gave a lot of promise and considering the success of Sims 3 probably most of Sims franchise fans were looking forward to it with great expectations. IMO multitasking and emotions are truly huge improvements to previous versions and I love them, it is realistic and made me feel really excited about Sims 4 before it came out but what none of us didn't expect was how simplified this game was created especially considering its predecessor. I for one thought emotions and multitasking were coming as updates not in a whole another new game somehow still called a sequel to Sims 3. I felt disappointed.

Yes Sims 3 lagged, I own a Macbook Pro and even with NVDIA Graphics Card it lags. Since I own a Macbook I don't get to whine about it, they suck when it comes to gaming lol, but Sims 3 was actually interesting. I could stand waiting 3 minutes for the neighbourhood to load because I always had so many things to do besides building. I've always thought it was about all the expansion packs Sims 3 has but recently I played with Late Night & Supernatural only (I only used consignment stores from supernatural by the way) and I still had so many things to do. Even opportunities are a challenge. It's not just about open worlds, although I think it is something that makes Sims 3 perfect. Sims 4 came out with almost everything missing. There isn't enough depth in the game. Even major things are gone. Toddlers? Genealogy added after 5 months? Pools? Oh god, pools! That was a successful marketing campaign right after the launch though, they knew people were going to be mad about pools and it created a false sense as if they were always going to add huge improvements to game as quick as that according to players' opinions and also free! They've added things over time of course but apart from pools, basements and half walls I can't seem to recall any. I know these were added because I came across them in some patch notes I read before as updates or news. Whatever. Obviously there are more that I don't know of but the thing is when I look into building section I don't see anything that makes me think wow this is good, this must be Sims 4 exclusive. Let's say none of base games are perfect.

Then came the game packs & expansion packs. Outdoor Retreat, Get to Work, Spa Day and now Get Together. I love the game pack aspect of Sims 4 they're usually smaller things that makes the game much more fun for me. (I'm a Spa & Yoga addict in this game :D It's indeed my favourite pack. Not just GP among whole packs) But when we consider expansion packs, this is where hell breaks loose. I just hate how with two EPs out (both had huge potential as concepts) they can't seem to be making them detailed enough and interconnected. Get to Work is epic. IN THEORY. You gave us the option to own Retail stores. Has it seriously never occurred to a whole staff/dev team I might want to run a Gym Center or a library? Or I might actually want to buy properties and rent them or resell them like a real estate agent? Okay so they were base lots and were not coded/planned that way maybe but they could give option to GTW owners to run cafés and nightclubs when they buy Get Together instead of Preeminent Domain Retail Shops. People who do not own GTW, could still play as we do now.

Additions with active careers beside the careers themselves were, still are really limited to as well. Are there even burglars & criminals (not the career) in this game apart from whatever you're doing in detective career? Never happened to me and never tried detective career so I don't know, I guess not. Wouldn't it be nice to call a dedective to your lot after a burglary? They added health as a concept with an invisible -yet visitable if you're a doctor- hospital and sicknesses but somehow whenever I get sick it takes 15 secs with a medicine ordered online to get over it. Is ıt too hard to give us the option to go to hospital? Thank god we can have babies in the hospital. Also why can't we ever get to see these locations unless we play the careers? Get Together is a failure to me. It's fun, but it's not a decent EP. Winderburg looks pretty cool though. We could have new careers with Get Together, DJ & Dancer maybe? Again, could be active to GTW owners but we did not even get those careers so. What's the difference of Get Together as an EP from GP Spa Day anyway? We had 2 new skills instead of one? Clubs? If I remember correctly we had something like convincing someone to do something in Sims 3 and it was not a huge EP itself. Now we get a chance to level up our skills faster with clubs, also rally the troops and feel better about not using needs ->make happy and clicking on another sim to fulfill. Leveling wellness and influencing emotions on people with social interactions + getting massaged seems almost same within amount of additions to me. Synced outfits and dances are amusing, but they shouldn't have been a whole EP concept. If this was the Late Night for Sims 4, it shows how terrifyingly simplified everything has become.

To answer your question, unless they add Seasons with ski resorts and sandy beaches with hotels, that we can run if we have Get to Work or exclusive clubs at those places among locals (with their own rivalries etc if we have Get Together) or add Pets with zoos (again option to run for GTW and something related for GT I don't know) + exotic animals, death by lion or another carnivore attack bla bla, they totally screwed a pretty great game and we got nothing to do about it. We need more details, the game is far too simplified for its own good. I just create a household, build houses for it play 1-1.5 hours, get bored and go to household creation to create another 1,5 hour one.

I don't play everyday, more like once every 2-6 weeks, so it takes me longer to get bored - say about 6-8 hours. If I wanted a game that I had to play everyday, I'd be more into Sims Freeplay on my ipad mini. I love the idea of Pets and Zoos put together - that's something they haven't done yet. Or, Pets and Farms - they started messing around with Farms on the Sims 3 store (with the Cow Barn and Chicken Coop), but it was never really connected to the Pets concept or fleshed out (where are the pigs? the ducks and geese? the rabbits? the sheep? )

I am also hoping they will add more integration with previous EP's like they did with Supernatural/Seasons in Sims 3 with the Weather Stone. For instance, maybe they could add Moose, Elk, and Deer and Wolves to the GP Outdoor Retreat. Squirrels are a start, but you can find those in the suburbs. Or they could add Buffalo to a Grassy Plains world. The bears were a nice touch (my Sim who went camping by herself made friends with the Bear when she got lonely because the herbalism skill for Sadness Alleviation Lotion took so long to master).

I agree they should add more careers with time. Get To Work added active careers, but there are still lots of careers from previous games that they could add back - Journalism or Politics for instance.

Influencing others was a thing in Sims 2 that could be earned with a point system similar to the Aspiration system that functioned alongside it. I miss Fears and Turn Ons/Turn Off- they made the game more challenging.

Considering Sims 3 was being improved from its release date of 2006 until the last store item came out for it in 2014, there are still possibilities. Also, considering Sims FreePlay came out in 2011 and has been improving until 2015, it took 4 years to come up with all the features it has now.
    Post edited by SimsILikeSims on
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • koopkoop Posts: 7 New Member
    [quote="SimsILikeSims;14633667"]
    I don't play everyday, more like once every 2-6 weeks, so it takes me longer to get bored - say about 6-8 hours. If I wanted a game that I had to play everyday, I'd be more into Sims Freeplay on my ipad mini. I love the idea of Pets and Zoos put together - that's something they haven't done yet. Or, Pets and Farms - they started messing around with Farms on the Sims 3 store (with the Cow Barn and Chicken Coop), but it was never really connected to the Pets concept or fleshed out (where are the pigs? the ducks and geese? the rabbits? the sheep? )

I am also hoping they will add more integration with previous EP's like they did with Supernatural/Seasons in Sims 3 with the Weather Stone. For instance, maybe they could add Moose, Elk, and Deer and Wolves to the GP Outdoor Retreat. Squirrels are a start, but you can find those in the suburbs. Or they could add Buffalo to a Grassy Plains world. The bears were a nice touch (my Sim who went camping by herself made friends with the Bear when she got lonely because the herbalism skill for Sadness Alleviation Lotion took so long to master).

I agree they should add more careers with time. Get To Work added active careers, but there are still lots of careers from previous games that they could add back - Journalism or Politics for instance.

Influencing others was a thing in Sims 2 that could be earned with a point system similar to the Aspiration system that functioned alongside it. I miss Fears and Turn Ons/Turn Off- they made the game more challenging.

Considering Sims 3 was being improved from its release date of 2006 until the last store item came out for it in 2014, there are still possibilities. Also, considering Sims FreePlay came out in 2011 and has been improving until 2015, it took 4 years to come up with all the features it has now. [/quote]

Oh, that was in Sims 2 then but I knew I've seen it somewhere before :P . I love your new pet ideas for outdoor retreat! That's exactly what I'm hoping from new packs. Reasons to stay interested in whole game experience instead of newest pack only. Another probably pretty unrealistic idea/dream of mine is unless they create a whole new concept around existing features, most of sims 3 EPs should come out as game packs. I don't even care about the price to be honest they can make it 40€ too if they want. It's sad to see a whole EP slot wasted for puppies, rain, snow, toddlers etc. I loved how unique Island Paradise (Still my fav EP) was. I'm not really familiar with contents of Sims 2 EPs. Bon Voyage was about travelling and vacations as far as I know but features like houseboats, scuba diving, mermaids, owning private islands, running a resort(!!!!!!) in Island Paradise were deal breakers. Into the future was a pretty good one too. It's time we see new things and get the previous ones as GP contents if you ask me. They'd probably release all of them as EPs anyway but in absolutely worst case scenario it should at least be exactly the same. Not some downgraded nonsense like Get Together aka our deary wannabe Late Night.
  • ScifiChildScifiChild Posts: 3 New Member
    Honestly I think it is. I never really hated The Sims 4, while many simmers did, I mean yeah it lacked pools, toddlers etc. and still lacks open world, which won't never come... But The Sims 4 does many things well too. I like how clothing looks and fact you can wear male clothing for women. Also Sims itself are more alive, they look around more joyfully and also style of the game is beautiful and cartoonish. While 3 were pretty realistic approach to game, I think 4 is doing it more like 2 were. The Sims
    Always been kinda goofy series. The Sims 4 also has been improved a lot, they brought missing stuff with free patches, also finally separated save files!!! Hopefully expansion packs get better too,City Living is pretty good in my opinion, only pack I currently own.
  • Elrich91Elrich91 Posts: 13 New Member
    I think it's improving, yes. I also think, however, that there is still a need for different filings. I have already written what I think in the post of feedback. What really misses the world of sims 4 is the interactivity with what surrounds the sim, the consequences of their actions. In fact, there are missing various types of png that generate events during the game (thieves and police for example).

There is also a lack of sense in Community lots. I can do everything from home, practically. I never feel the need to travel, except to play in a different lot. From my pc I can buy everything and all the items on sale in GTW stores are the same as in the catalog. The store is nice to handle but not useful to visit (I can buy everything from home).

This takes a lot away from the discovery and exploration of the world. Yes, the world is small compared to the sims 3, but there are so many cute areas where you can go (outside the lots) but they do not hide anything. The tombs in some scenarios are only decorative, no ghosts or epitaphs. The secret lots have not been added (and those that are hiding very little).

For example, in the sims 3 exploration of many rabbit hole led to the discovery of hidden mysteries. Here, however, you find little and you get in return collector items that in the long run are all the same. It would serve the addition of things like magic lamp and similar objects, all recoverable by exploring the scenario and doing certain actions.

Despite all this, however, the sims 4 is a nice game. I hope to be made more dynamic and fun sooner. I can not wait to see other supernatural ones, I think I will start to have serious fun from that moment on.
  • estella_deeestella_dee Posts: 263 Member
    edited November 2017
    Elrich91 wrote: »
    I think it's improving, yes. I also think, however, that there is still a need for different filings. I have already written what I think in the post of feedback. What really misses the world of sims 4 is the interactivity with what surrounds the sim, the consequences of their actions. In fact, there are missing various types of png that generate events during the game (thieves and police for example).

There is also a lack of sense in Community lots. I can do everything from home, practically. I never feel the need to travel, except to play in a different lot. From my pc I can buy everything and all the items on sale in GTW stores are the same as in the catalog. The store is nice to handle but not useful to visit (I can buy everything from home).

This takes a lot away from the discovery and exploration of the world. Yes, the world is small compared to the sims 3, but there are so many cute areas where you can go (outside the lots) but they do not hide anything. The tombs in some scenarios are only decorative, no ghosts or epitaphs. The secret lots have not been added (and those that are hiding very little).

For example, in the sims 3 exploration of many rabbit hole led to the discovery of hidden mysteries. Here, however, you find little and you get in return collector items that in the long run are all the same. It would serve the addition of things like magic lamp and similar objects, all recoverable by exploring the scenario and doing certain actions.

Despite all this, however, the sims 4 is a nice game. I hope to be made more dynamic and fun sooner. I can not wait to see other supernatural ones, I think I will start to have serious fun from that moment on.

This. You go out to the neighborhoods, and those worlds lack interactions. I think there are neighborhoods that are big, but there's nothing you can do there that you won't be able to do on your lots, you can fish, sit on a park bench, or look at the backdrops. It's soooooooo empty. I will disagree, this game is not improving. It has been 3 years, and well, the game is still empty.

And just as expected just a few days after C&D is released, when all the hype is gone, it just shows that this has been another wasted opportunity to improving this game.

What happened to The Sims game? Man, I wish they just continued The Sims 2. This game s 🐸🐸🐸🐸 s.
  • CrmelsimloverCrmelsimlover Posts: 65 Member
    I feel it's gotten better, with mods, just like previous iterations of the game. I couldn't play the whole series unless it was heavily modded. I do miss the open world concept of Sims 3 (although I still play Sims 3, so can get my open world fix).

When Sims 4 first came out, I got bored after Get to work and stopped playing in May 2015. Now I've gotten back to Sims 4 because there is better custom content and better mods which make it more pleasant to play. When I first played, all I could think about was Dora the Explorer feel. B)
    lKb34rE.png
    A calm sea never made a skillful mariner.

• MMXMMX Posts: 4,426 Member
    Slowly, but surely. If you ask me, TS4 needs to toughen its image to TS2/3 level.
    9d1z2m12k175.png
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I guess that question depends on who you ask , some say it is getting better and some say it is not, as for Me, I have not played the game in a few months, I only play it a little bit once in awhile when a New Pack arrives, I make My creations then I save them and wait for the next pack, :)
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Yeah, it's getting better. Three years ago I would have refused to play this as actively.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    It is getting better. TS4 is a lot more fun to play if people just give it an honest chance and stop comparing it to previous games. It's a lot of fun. But then again I prefer TS3 for storytelling.
    p6tqefj
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I feel I’ve given the game an honest chance, more than once. It just can’t hold my attention (can’t say I dislike it, it’s just that). Giving it an honest chance for me doesn’t include spending a lot of extra money though because owning the packs I do just isn’t enough apparently. That’s not giving it an honest chance in my book, that’s throwing money down the drain.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I feel I’ve given the game an honest chance, more than once. It just can’t hold my attention (can’t say I dislike it, it’s just that). Giving it an honest chance for me doesn’t include spending a lot of extra money though because owning the packs I do just isn’t enough apparently. That’s not giving it an honest chance in my book, that’s throwing money down the drain.

Well... TS3 really didn't get exciting for me until around the Seasons EP. Idk... TS3 is just very flat. TS4 is really fun to play and get lost in. Give it some time... :)
    p6tqefj
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Sims 4 is getting better, but at its core, it's still the same game. If you liked it before, you'll like it more now. If you were meh, you may still be meh. I play it differently than I played prior sims games. I'm not much of a builder, but I spend more time building in Sims 4 as it really makes me feel somewhat creative. I wish there were more tools, but building itself is fun. Playing though? I get bored if I do that too much. So Sims 4 to me I guess is kind of like Minecraft but easier.
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    alexandrea wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Well... TS3 really didn't get exciting for me until around the Seasons EP. Idk... TS3 is just very flat. TS4 is really fun to play and get lost in. Give it some time... :)

What changed your mind? Not saying it's a bad thing, but I couldn't help but notice that one month, you'll really dislike TS4 and the next, you don't like TS3. Is it when new packs come out that brings you back to it every time?
  • NogitsuneeNogitsunee Posts: 16 New Member
    To me it’s getting better just needs more time to develop
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    It is much more better than how it was in 2014. We didnt even have pools back then. But now it have many things. Sure the game is developed and still developing. Needing time to get beeter is normal for a game. Give it time then see the results. But surely the game cant make every player happy at the same time cuz different people want different contents.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
    edited February 2018
    Elrich91 wrote: »

This. You go out to the neighborhoods, and those worlds lack interactions. I think there are neighborhoods that are big, but there's nothing you can do there that you won't be able to do on your lots, you can fish, sit on a park bench, or look at the backdrops. It's soooooooo empty. I will disagree, this game is not improving. It has been 3 years, and well, the game is still empty.

And just as expected just a few days after C&D is released, when all the hype is gone, it just shows that this has been another wasted opportunity to improving this game.

What happened to The Sims game? Man, I wish they just continued The Sims 2. This game s plum s.
    Perhaps since this post, Dine Out has come out to add restaurants, City Living has added festivals, spa day has added spas, and fitness stuff has added a climbing wall that won't fit in most Sims' homes.

People got bored in Sims 2 while the game was still coming out with new packs - players came up with challenges. Perhaps try some if you find the game "boring", especially if you find it too easy. There's also a lot more mods and custom content now than a month after the game came out to spice up the game. If a vanilla game is too boring for you, try adding custom content, and if that still isn't enough, start playing with mods. True, mods complicate updating the game since everytime the game updates you also have to check all your mods for compatibility and update them. (Even some non-mod custom content breaks occasionally with updates, though it is usually fixable with sims 4 studio batch fixes.) So some people don't use them. But the ones I have tried definitely improve the game for me enough to be worth the extra effort.

Yes, the Sims 4 needs a LOT more room to build. That is why I have almost 20 different save files that I rotate through....each one with different things for the most part on different worlds, or even different things on the same worlds. That is like having 20 Newcrests essentially, along with 20 Willow Creeks, 20 Oasis Springs, 20 Magnolia Promenades, 20 Granite Falls, 20 San Myshunos, and 20 Brindleton Bays.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
    edited February 2018
    I miss some of the danger from Sims 3 World Adventures mazes and tombs, along with the fear moodlets from Sims 3, and the "register as self-employed" feature from Sims 3 when I play Sims 4, and the optional challenges from work, skills, or vacation destinations. along with vehicles(cars, bicycles, scooters, hoverboards, jet packs), the ability to salvage stuff from the junk yard, inventing stuff (though the Science career brings this back), the color wheel and open world, pets like small animals, caged birds, and horses, and later expansion packs like Seasons, Supernatural, Showtime, University, Island Paradise, and Into the Future. But when I play Sims 3, I miss being able to see inside everywhere my Sim visits, and I miss the multi-tasking, clubs and club interactions, and even the new emotions system (though the old moodlets system came close). However with both Sims 3 and 4, I also miss the hobbies from Sims 2 especially ballet, pottery, and being able to work on fixer-upper cars, and the ability to play catch and hacky sack with other Sims, or even play Marco Polo equivalent in the pool. I also miss stuff from Sims 1 that never made a return in subsequent games: minigolf, beach volleyball, snowboarding on a half-pipe, indoor skydiving, remote control boats, fencing on a movie set, magic ingredient quests, and magic duels.