Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 logic vs real life

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    @Anthonydyer that is a closeup of the spaceship that abducts the sims. Your sims can have one too. I'm not sure what EP the aliens came with. Think it might have been Seasons.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    Yes, @Karritz, @Anthonydyer. Aliens came about in the Seasons EP.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    You can learn any skill in the world by just reading the right book.
    (Actually, that would be really awesome irl...)
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited November 2017
    Except one (that I can think of), not counting the tons of hidden skills. Where are the Athletic Skill books? ;)

Edit: Oops, sims can't really learn musical instrument skills, painting, and sculpting from reading skill books either...can they?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    igazor wrote: »
    Except one (that I can think of), not counting the tons of hidden skills. Where are the Athletic Skill books? ;)

Edit: Oops, sims can't really learn musical instrument skills, painting, and sculpting from reading skill books either...can they?

Nope, you´re right. But they can learn it by just trying enough, and that´s awesome, too! :)

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Which in fact I would have preferred a bit different. Sims only being able to completely max skills that fit their traits. So in this case I regret the game isn’t a bit more realistic.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member
    To write a book you only need to sit in front of a computer and start writing from page 1 until you reach the last page of the novel. Who needs preliminary research, structure, or building of the plot?
    edited December 2017
    It would have been funny and yes, more realistic, to see sims with no hope of advancing let's say their Painting skills beyond a certain level find the easel falling apart on them if they tried, or their hand holding the paintbrush accidentally going through the canvas, and other such failure animations the game is so famous for. Or maybe that should be for those with the Clumsy trait, just not having the paintings turn out very well might be kinder.

They did this kind of thing for humans who happen to acquire a witch's wand and try to use it. I believe all that happens is that they get a shock of some kind, no magic and no skill gain.

But it is in keeping with the "anyone can do almost anything if they try hard enough" theme of the game. In the meantime, although I have that coveted Clumsy trait myself, and have never gone through a day's worth of medical school, I've been staring up at the sky through a telescope and down at a chess board while rubbing my chin thoughtfully a lot lately and think I've advanced far enough. Have a bit of spare time this weekend, anyone in need of some neurosurgery? (sharpens up tools that look important even if I'm not sure what they are all for and sets them out...) ;)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • MorieTrisMorieTris Posts: 56 Member
    edited December 2017
    If my Sim goes to another Sim's home and acts like they own the place, the actual owner gets cheesed off. If they come over to visit my Sim and they just plop down in front of the computer and start playing games, that's A-okay and a completely normal thing to do.
    JMppbSi.png
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    MorieTris wrote: »
    If my Sim goes to another Sim's home and acts like they own the place, the actual owner gets cheesed off. If they come over to visit my Sim and they just plop down in front of the computer and start playing games, that's A-okay and a completely normal thing to do.

@MorieTris Agreed. This one always annoyed me. I would always be afraid of being kicked out of other sim's houses. I remember my sim clogged another sim's toilet so I instructed my sim to unclog it. The homeowner got offended and I got the warning message. But really the things you can do in another person's house depends on your relationship with that person. In real life, the rules would be much more lenient for extended family members's homes.
    Maybe a little late for Thanksgiving but here it goes...

Cooking a turkey and standing in front of the oven the whole time it cooks.
    edited December 2017
    @MorieTris Agreed. This one always annoyed me. I would always be afraid of being kicked out of other sim's houses. I remember my sim clogged another sim's toilet so I instructed my sim to unclog it. The homeowner got offended and I got the warning message. But really the things you can do in another person's house depends on your relationship with that person. In real life, the rules would be much more lenient for extended family members's homes.
    The Inappropriate But in a Good Way LTR on the visiting sim cuts through a lot of that stuff. (WA required, I think) ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I love how I was able to get my newest settler in Deery Meadows to apply for welfare and to learn logic from a tabcast and to study fishing skill online on her iPad.I've had sims learn any skill from studying on their smart phones if they had no other way to learn skills.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • stepbot153stepbot153 Posts: 284 Member
    The ability to request for additional funds every sim day in University. I wish it was the same in real lol
    C6y3sJN.jpg
    My wishlist [x]
    stepbot153 wrote: »
    The ability to request for additional funds every sim day in University. I wish it was the same in real lol
    Technically speaking, in most countries Uni students have the ability to request all of the funds they want every day and twice on Sunday. Whether anything helpful actually happens as a result of those requests might be another matter... ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Technically speaking, in most countries Uni students have the ability to request all of the funds they want every day and twice on Sunday. Whether anything helpful actually happens as a result of those requests might be another matter... ;)

Sounds about right, with Student Loans. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • MorieTrisMorieTris Posts: 56 Member
    MorieTris wrote: »

Honestly, in real life if someone came over and clogged my toilet, I'd only be angry if they didn't try to unclog it! Friends or not, you don't leave your host ankle-deep in... khm... sewage... :D:D
    JMppbSi.png
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    When you come across someone blue in the park near the competitive eating table ...
    And don't want to be rude by immediately giving them the Heimlich Maneuver.

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
    BlackSand wrote: »
    When you come across someone blue in the park near the competitive eating table ...
    And don't want to be rude by immediately giving them the Heimlich Maneuver.

@BlackSand This made me think of a good one. Going to the park and then eating out of another person's picnic basket. You can also eat with that person on their blanket. This would never fly in real life.
    edited December 2017
    It would have been funny and yes, more realistic, to see sims with no hope of advancing let's say their Painting skills beyond a certain level find the easel falling apart on them if they tried, or their hand holding the paintbrush accidentally going through the canvas, and other such failure animations the game is so famous for. Or maybe that should be for those with the Clumsy trait, just not having the paintings turn out very well might be kinder.

They did this kind of thing for humans who happen to acquire a witch's wand and try to use it. I believe all that happens is that they get a shock of some kind, no magic and no skill gain.

But it is in keeping with the "anyone can do almost anything if they try hard enough" theme of the game. In the meantime, although I have that coveted Clumsy trait myself, and have never gone through a day's worth of medical school, I've been staring up at the sky through a telescope and down at a chess board while rubbing my chin thoughtfully a lot lately and think I've advanced far enough. Have a bit of spare time this weekend, anyone in need of some neurosurgery? (sharpens up tools that look important even if I'm not sure what they are all for and sets them out...) ;)

:D Fortunately there are NO Lawyers in the Sims 3. :D LOL oh, sorry, unless you're a Celebrity who then can utilize an invisible lawyer to sue someone for defamation. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • stepbot153stepbot153 Posts: 284 Member

True. :D
    C6y3sJN.jpg
    My wishlist [x]
    It only takes consent on both sides and an exchange of rings to get legally married.

• BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    Once reaching a certain skill level ...
    You routinely carry around enough explosives/detonator to blow up the statue in front of city hall.

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
    edited December 2017
    BlackSand wrote: »
    Once reaching a certain skill level ...
    You routinely carry around enough explosives/detonator to blow up the statue in front of city hall.

On top of that if you detonate said statue, you will get off with a brief warning and a fine.
    If you do that in RL you will receive a visit from the intelligence service of your particular country, interrogating you to see if you are a subversive element that has links to extremist groups and the possibility of being imprisoned for a certain percentage of your natural life.

GYZ6Ak9.png
    On top of that if you detonate said statue, you will get off with a brief warning and a fine.
    If you do that in RL you will receive a visit from the intelligence service of your particular country, interrogating you to see if you are a subversive element that has links to extremist groups and the possibility of being imprisoned for a certain percentage of your natural life.
    This has been a Public Service Announcement. We now return you to your regular TS3 Forum, already in progress. B)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top