Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆☆ Sims 4 Quality Control Contest ~ Challenge 74 up due (EST) 9th March ☆☆

Comments

• NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    QC challenge no: 55
    Origin ID: Ninnster
    Are you a novice builder: No
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: Experienced
    Original Lot used (lot name and town): Brindleton Pawspital, Brindleton Bay
    Gallery Name: Positive Paws Clinic
    Gallery Link: Here
    Notes about entry:

Although I am happy with the clinic, I feel maybe it's a bit too realistic in a clinical way, and maybe not as "cozy". By the time I started realizing this I was just to far committed to it, and decided to stay on my path. I build too slowly to start over :p

I tried to add a few unique things, like the reception booth and the outdoor cages (sounds so bad calling them that!).

I also added some self made photos of Kitty and Marshall. I imagine that they hired a model to help promote their clinic and did a photo shoot for the newly built "Positive Paws Clinic". Marshall and Kitty themselves also joined the photo shoot, since they as the owners are the best advocates to help promote it! (Yes, I did slightly overdo it...haha) Marshall and Kitty also has photos of themselves and their pets in their personal exam rooms, to make them feel more at home.

For the judges:
    -The photos taken are by me.
    -In the Exam rooms the curtains do overlap each other. The default placing mean they went way outside of the window, and I think it looks nicer this way.
    -A few places outside the there are fences that intercept the foundation. I kept it this way as it looked better than having a fence with a foundation.
    - A few places, like the bathroom, the curtains stick onto the wall as a result of the default placing.

Images (3-6 max): (please post 1 street view photo)

HxWoafE.png
    JDdBGYV.png
    K5V1LhX.png
    yblZigT.png
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • HEW310HEW310 Posts: 242 Member
    @Laebeth I love your vet clinic! I feel as though the waiting room gives it a very cozy and nice atmosphere!
    h87xNtp.jpg
    QC challenge no: 55
    Origin ID: Ninnster
    Sims Gallery Name: For the love of Pets
    Gallery Link: Here
    Images (1-2 images):

When I was creating Marshall and Kitty I first created their pets. I knew a wanted a boxer dog, and a Persian cat, as I view them as somewhat on opposite sides of the spectrum. The cat being quite grumpy, spoiled and lazy, while the boxer is high in energy, happy and just a complete spastic. This also then created the same idea for Kitty and Marshall, having them be seemingly quite different, but being united in their shared love of animals.

7tPI8j8.png?1
    ngu0hCI.png?1

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

@HEW310 Thank you very much for that! That makes me feel a bit better :blush:

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    edited November 2017
    Oooh, more awesome vet clinics coming in, must not peak! :smiley:

I have (yet) another question, I do apologise, for @Cbear13 : for judging, do you place the lots in your game with Moveobjects on or off? I tested my lot and was able to resolve all the issues that occurred from MOOing so that it can be placed without problems/changes by everyone with MOO off, except for one thing:

I placed some of the ivy with blue flowers on the second floor, but I used MOO to raise it, otherwise it would clip into the round roof from the floor below and I didn't want a placement error there (plus, I like that it looks that the ivy is now also curling around the railing from the floor above :smile: ). But it always disappears when you place the lot in a new save if MOO is not on. Does anyone know how to use MOO with the ivy (to raise it) without it disappearing if you have MOO turned off when you (re)place the lot? Thank you! :smile:

Here's a picture to illustrate the placement:
    38700292032_97953235d2_o.jpg

Edit: Thank you so much @rosemow ! :smile: I'm having a blast playtesting the lot, even though it's a bit hectic with six sims and two pets running around, checking whether they don't leave any dirty glasses or anything around (yes, can't bring myself to turn off free will for my simmies :smiley: ). Plus, I already learned sooo much from doing this build, I do believe this ivy thingy is the last issue to make it fully playable. B)
    Oh my that looks amazing, just that tiny pic @Corwim ! I am so glad I see this just after posting mine, haha. I hate you so much right now! (lol, I joke of course!) But I just love that tower with the rounded patio and the roof... the roof! And the place for birds up top there! I'm walking away from my PC.. right now. <3

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    The exterior design of Positive Paws is very nice! @Laebeth :) Very nice roof covered front entry to the Clinic. The pawprints are a great touch on the front porch! The poodle and cat bonsai sculptures in the front garden area looks great! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the Clinic! The waiting room is very nice. It looks great how the sofas have been placed back to back . The pictures that you have taken of Marshall and Kitty are very special touches on the walls! Sims will like having a drink from the drinks tray whilst sitting there waiting,and the magazine stands are great there. The fish bone curtains look great! The windowed reception booth looks great! The dog photos, paw prints and dog calendar are nice touches on the wall in the dog exam room, and the dog plant there looks great!
    Your simversions of Kitty, Marshall and their pets are very nice! :) It is very special photos of them hugging their pets <3
    Haha, lolz, thanks @Laebeth ! :smile: Now if only I could figure out a way to keep that darn ivy attached to the tower without the power of MOO! :p And omg, I almost put a bow tie on my cat for the family as well! :smiley: Looks like we're keeping that telepathic link alive and kicking hehe. :wink:
  • HEW310HEW310 Posts: 242 Member
    I hope I can finish my vet clinic before the deadline! I just scrapped my last design so I'm starting fresh.
    h87xNtp.jpg
    HEW310 wrote: »
    I hope I can finish my vet clinic before the deadline! I just scrapped my last design so I'm starting fresh.

Hello @HEW310 :) I hope that your new version of the Clinic goes well!
  • Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    @Corwim firstly never apologise for asking questions Id rather you guys ask and be sure about something that not ask and possibly make a mistake.
    When I judge I always go to the lot that you built on then I put on bb.moveobjects and then place the build.
    Then when I move on to judge the next entry I move my sim to the lot they built on, I then turn off bb.moveobjects and then turn it back on
    Ive noticed if I don't freshly turn on Moo on a new lot it can glitch which is a good tip for everyone if moving lots to build.

I also find that if someone used Moo to build their entry and I don't turn it on before placing the entry things will drop or move out of position so it is safer for me to turn it on first.
    If using Moo when building I suggest always leaving a note on the gallery upload for people to turn on moo before placing build
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
    So I am trying to play a vet today to skill up and judge the builds and of course my game keeps crashing, its the first time playing since new pack came out and apparently my laptop cant handle it even though its more than capable of handling it with all its specs..... frustrating
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    Cbear13 wrote: »
    So I am trying to play a vet today to skill up and judge the builds and of course my game keeps crashing, its the first time playing since new pack came out and apparently my laptop cant handle it even though its more than capable of handling it with all its specs..... frustrating

I am sorry that you are having crashing issues @Cbear13

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

Check that your graphics drivers are uptodate,. Make sure that the computer is using the nvidia or amd card that you have
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/776882/sims-4-and-switchable-graphics-how-to-nvidia-amd

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

Try lowering your in game screen resolution in game options.
    Play in laptop mode.
    Play in windowed mode.
    Use a laptop cooler pad.
    Close any open windows on your desktop,when playing.
    I reset everything recently and reset my game files, no mods . Im in windows mode and I have a laptop fan underneath my laptop.
    My laptop should well and truly cope with the game but yet I get kicked off quite often.
    Thanks for all the advice @rosemow
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    What are your specs Cbear13? Maybe repair your game and/or re install your game(:
    edited November 2017
    Cbear13 wrote: »
    I reset everything recently and reset my game files, no mods . Im in windows mode and I have a laptop fan underneath my laptop.
    My laptop should well and truly cope with the game but yet I get kicked off quite often.
    Thanks for all the advice @rosemow

I am sorry that you are having these issues :(
    It would be best to start a new thread in the Sims 4 Tech section of the forums and post your dxdiag information on the thread.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to pastebin https://pastebin.com
    and post the link to the file on your new thread.

Simmers there may be able to help you work out the cause of the issues.
  • Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited November 2017
    ((hugs)) @Cbear13 I had the same issues, it seems to have resolved now, but I did have to update my drivers (nivida ) and all that @rosemow has said above! Fingerscrossed yours fixes itself ASAP!

I've restarted my clinic twice!
    I am currently playtesting before upload, everyone's Clinics look AMAZING !!!
    I ended up doing another modern style . . .
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

Oh no @Cbear13 , I'm so sorry to hear about your computer issues! :/ I cross my fingers you'll find a solution soon, and if not, hope someone in the tech forum does.

Thank you for answering my question! :smile: I always strive to make my builds fully playable with MOO off, as I know even if you put it in the description, not everyone reads that, or knows how to use that cheat, and might be disappointed placing it in game and things are not where they are supposed to be. I found a way to make it work if I thin out the overlapping pieces of ivy on the floor below, but it's good to know if in the end I prefer the look of the original MOO'd version I can enter that too. B) Thanks again! :smile:
    Thanks guys have posted my DXDIAG in the tech forum hopefully someone can help
    edited November 2017
    QC challenge no:55
    Origin ID:Dizzisquirrel
    Are you a novice builder:NO
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level:Experienced
    Original Lot used (lot name and town): Brindleton pet clinic ( original)
    Gallery Name: Pet Hospital
    Gallery Link:https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/93E0ECEED5DC11E78C69C38F04807BF8
    Notes about entry: built on single level so Puppies can access without owners picking them up! the grass is all artificial! making clean ups easier!
    Pet Hospital is a large spacious airy clinic, not fussy, at the back is a warm sun filled quiet area for sims to wait for their pets in surgery, and its where you will find Kitty sat with Tia, her beloved furbaby.
    Images (3-6 max):

24871613878_91c5476f83_c.jpg

38028287214_b957dbcbd5_c.jpg

38746241491_12c6cc8fee_c.jpg

38746242431_bcfcefc2b5_c.jpg

38028283184_9b9cdbc7eb_c.jpg

24873349608_a4c5a0cea9_c.jpg

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    aka DizziSquirrel

QC challenge no:55
    Origin ID:Dizzisquirrel
    Sims Gallery Name: Fox
    Gallery Link:https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/4A8851FDD5DE11E78004C38F04807BF8
    Images (1-2 images):
    23880317167_9dc6700194_c.jpg
    38740398701_e9334688a1_c.jpg
    aka DizziSquirrel

• leashahamptonleashahampton Posts: 312 Member
    Wow i love the lime green <3<3<3@Liziann1 lol i wanna design something with those high back sofas now!!
    rzsH227.png
    The modern exterior design of Pet Hospital looks great! @Liziann1 :) Very nice lime green and white colour scheme of the build! The design of the front garden area looks very nice! The animal statues look great there, and looks very nice how you have used the four seats together with the flowers in the middle, either sides of the front area! The plants look very nice in a row on the front footpath. Very nice training course area! The grassy flooring looks great. It is nice that there is a bbq area for sims to enjoy cooking meals on the bbq and eat at the picnic table with their pets. The posters and calendar on the walls of the exam room look great there! Very nice waiting room nook! The tall chairs are very nice for sims to sit on and wait for the Vet. The dog print is a great touch on the wall. Sims will enjoy watching tv whilst waiting. The cat tower corner nook is great! It looks great how the cubicles have been set up for the Cats, and the dog grooming and bath tub nook is very nice!
    Very nice simversions of Kitty, Marshall and their pets! :) It is special photos that you have taken of them hugging their pets <3
  • lisalittlesimmerlisalittlesimmer Posts: 404 Member
    Another challenge I'm not gonna get done in time :( I hope I have a bit more time next month!
    My lot showcase
    Origin ID: lisalittlesimmer
    K5IURhP.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top