Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Nature Sounds" radio station

Any news on the radio station for Laundry Day?
I have an idea for a "Nature Sounds" radio station, featuring basic calming sounds like waves crashing, whale sounds and water drops.
Sims would get Inspired when they hear it.

But Sims shouldn't be able to dance to it, that would be kind of weird... :D
a256aFi.gif

Comments

• 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I have an idea for a "Nature Sounds" radio station, featuring basic calming sounds like waves crashing, whale sounds and water drops.

Soul music or whatever!
  • articfoxezarticfoxez Posts: 5 New Member
    This would be cool :)
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    edited November 2017
    That would be awesome! I'd play that in my science museum. :smiley:
  • KaizenmommyKaizenmommy Posts: 36 Member
    I love that idea! It would be so nice to have it piped outside near the garden.
    Chronic re-starter. Currently playing The Super Sim Challenge with my Simself (subject to change if I get the slightest "ooh, squirrel!" whim. Author IRL: my Amazon best-selling book.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Okay, but the mental image of sims eagerly dancing to nature noises is pretty hilarious.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

I agree @SimGuruGraham I'd like to see a station like this in Laundry Day. We atleast got this with the Toilet from the TS3 Store so why not as a radio station? And also Waterfall sounds like Stoney Falls in TS3 had with a loud thundering roar something that is missing from TS4 waterfalls.
  • Mariah_1254Mariah_1254 Posts: 48 Member
    I LOVE this idea, my mother used to play these sounds in my room to help me fall asleep. Oh the nostalgia <3
    W4ml882.png
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Nice idea
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    This should either come with Seasons or a Vacation pack.
  • td998td998 Posts: 358 Member
    I found this: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Game_guide:Adding_custom_music

I haven't used it so I'm not sure if it works, but the concept is quite interesting.
  • SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,188 SimGuru
    edited November 2017
    Hey @FreezerBunnyCowplant - there won't be a new radio station coming in Laundry Day Stuff. If we had considered one, it would have been mentioned back during the gameplay vote portion of this project.

I've discussed the concept of what a "mimic" object is for us elsewhere during this project, and you might assume that a new radio station would simply be a mimic, but unfortunately that isn't the case. Any time we add a radio station, it takes a small amount of modeling and tech design time to implement the new station in-game. For modelers, they need to add a new community wall stereo object with a unique stripe around it - we do this for each new station that gets added. For tech designers, they need to not only implement the interactions for the new station both in-game and in the options menus, but they also need to go back and adjust objects that play music from others packs... such as the hot tub, or the earbuds. I'll add that the different functionality between community wall stereos and normal stereos is a bit obtuse and confusing internally, so it isn't uncommon that adding a station generates a handful of low risk issues that need to get fixed before we submit the final build for a pack as well.

While all this work is relatively minor, there simply wasn't time to consider a radio station with the breadth of content being added in Laundry Day Stuff. Usually we see if we can add a radio station if we feel it's critical to the theme of the Stuff Pack, or if we have a little bit of extra time leftover in our schedule that we can fill.

I hope that gives a bit of interesting insight into why they show up in some Stuff Packs and not others :)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Any chance a nature radio station can happen in a future sp Graham?
  • GrijzePilionGrijzePilion Posts: 588 Member
    That's cool, I like that.
    But I also wonder when it'll be time for the 80s Pop station.
    Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88!
    (oh, and follow me on my Tumblr)
    i5-6600K • 16GB • 2x GTX 1070 • 2x 500GB 850 EVO
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    edited November 2017
    Hey @FreezerBunnyCowplant - there won't be a new radio station coming in Laundry Day Stuff. If we had considered one, it would have been mentioned back during the gameplay vote portion of this project.

I've discussed the concept of what a "mimic" object is for us elsewhere during this project, and you might assume that a new radio station would simply be a mimic, but unfortunately that isn't the case. Any time we add a radio station, it takes a small amount of modeling and tech design time to implement the new station in-game. For modelers, they need to add a new community wall stereo object with a unique stripe around it - we do this for each new station that gets added. For tech designers, they need to not only implement the interactions for the new station both in-game and in the options menus, but they also need to go back and adjust objects that play music from others packs... such as the hot tub, or the earbuds. I'll add that the different functionality between community wall stereos and normal stereos is a bit obtuse and confusing internally, so it isn't uncommon that adding a station generates a handful of low risk issues that need to get fixed before we submit the final build for a pack as well.

While all this work is relatively minor, there simply wasn't time to consider a radio station with the breadth of content being added in Laundry Day Stuff. Usually we see if we can add a radio station if we feel it's critical to the theme of the Stuff Pack, or if we have a little bit of extra time leftover in our schedule that we can fill.

I hope that gives a bit of interesting insight into why they show up in some Stuff Packs and not others :)
    Aw man! Well that's OK I'll keep on checking more radio stations once the packs were upcoming! I'm still an urban lover so I missed my favorite music!
  • imaginarycowplantimaginarycowplant Posts: 220 Member
    I wish there was going to be one, and if there was one, sims could do 'interpretive dance' to it.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    A "Nature Sounds" station would be awesome!
  • TazziannaTazzianna Posts: 141 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »

so then they could make it a garden object (outdoor object) in buy mode not available on the radio station - because no offense i do not want to see my sims dancing hip hop style let alone interpretive to ocean waves or rain drops ambiance. keep it simple. in ts2 there was a buy object for Christmas music. follow that path - make an object implement ambiance noises for nature and let our sims pretend they have beaches, weather, living nature. heck you could even make one that had sirens, honking horns and noisy cars - helicopters for the urbanites ( prob not a real word but it oughta be lol).
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited December 2017
    That's cool, I like that.
    But I also wonder when it'll be time for the 80s Pop station.

I just manually stick my 80's pop songs into the "Retro" custom music folder, found (on my PC) under Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Custom Music/Sim Retro - works with almost any MP3 file. Just be sure it isn't any other type of sound/music file - AAC's don't work, and WAV's don't work. .MID midis don't work either.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited December 2017
    12JEREMIA wrote: »

Aw man! Well that's OK I'll keep on checking more radio stations once the packs were upcoming! I'm still an urban lover so I missed my favorite music!

If you want your urban/hip-hop/rap music in the game, you can always put it under an existing station - Iike Pop. Where I live, they play hip hop music on the pop music radio stations in real life. Just copy your MP3 files (won't work with any other file type) to your Custom music folder that can be found in your Documents/The Sims 4/Custom music/(station name here). Heck, you could even put them under Backyard station if you wanted to.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • tropicanahanatropicanahana Posts: 9 New Member
    yes!! And I want my sims to be able to dance to it :)
  • everthewildeoneeverthewildeone Posts: 87 Member
    I kind of want this, but I'd also like it if these sounds helped sims have a deeper, more restful sleep.
    z2mSmjo.png

Click the siggy to check out my Youtube and if you like what you see, subscribe!