Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why pets don't have family trees?

Why pets don't have family trees? I have heard an explanation for why you can't see their needs (and I'm not going to say what I think about that) but no one has explained why we couldn't have family trees for pets. I know that not every simmer is a legacy player but since The Sims 1 legacies have been very popular and family trees are a big part of legacy type gameplay. We do have genetics for pets and breeding so pets are clearly built in a way that makes pet legacies possible. Any plans of patching family trees for pets in? I know that there is a mod for this but to me this is something that should be already in game. I have nothing against mods but I would just prefer if this could be patched in.
14453827.jpg

CHECK OUT MY CELEBRITY LOOK A LIKE SIMS AND DOG BREEDS FROM MY INSTAGRAM @anomitesplayssims

My origin id is anomites

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Well, if we can’t even click on our pets, how would we even get to see this family tree?
  • HelkkuliHelkkuli Posts: 92 Member
    I know. But they only gave us explanation on why we can't see their needs but no reason why we shouldn't click our pets and see their family tree.
    14453827.jpg

CHECK OUT MY CELEBRITY LOOK A LIKE SIMS AND DOG BREEDS FROM MY INSTAGRAM @anomitesplayssims

My origin id is anomites
  • OlberOlber Posts: 80 Member
    I'd say they're definitely possible, since with the playable pets mod, you can actually see them. I think we just can't see them because the pets lack a UI. I'm hoping they will patch it in later...
  • kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    Once again, its like we got a half finished item.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln