Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashes to Ashes: A Legacy [Temporary Hiatus 4/4]

Comments

• superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I mean, I guess I get why Erik always feels so much pressure to be the best, and I mean, it has to be hard given his experiences as a kid as well as his mom's experiences in dealing with grief/trauama, but that said...

I'm waiting for Katie to come back. I hope she's dating Devin.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member

This made me laugh so much. :joy: I’m not sure why....maybe because I ship(ped) Devin and Harper so hard. Plus they all hated Katie. So that seems impossible. But given his new hipster lifestyle, hmmmm. If that happened Harper would ask Erik for a snort. It would be the end of her. If she is pregnant, that might be the end too.

• CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    @superkyle221 I think you are Katie's #1 fan! :joy::heart: It will be a little while, but she will definitely return!

I am laughing along with @AudreyFld at the Devin suggestion! But then again, anything's possible... :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
    edited November 2017
    I wouldn't say I'm a fan, necessarily (but I'll take it) - but more that I like how (so far) she's been an agent of chaos, changing the narrative whenever she's around (getting Zayne and Hope to fight, bringing out the protective side of Rylie and Devin, doing who knows what in the future) - but also I want to know what made her the way she is, because I'm sure she has a reason for behaving that way (and it could be just as tragic as Erik's story, with or without the drugs, we don't know yet) and it'll be nice to see how time has changed her.

Edit: I guess what I'm trying to say is that Katie reminds me of all the best soap opera characters we love to hate - Beth, Liz, Alexis, That 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Téa Delgado, etc. etc. etc. - obviously we don't like them, but it's always fun to see how far they go to get what they want, and it's nice to see people not held back by conventional methods of "right" and "wrong" (which, come to think of it, makes her a lot like Harper and how she justifies her stealing as a way to help her boyfriend - and maybe they're the antagonists of each other's lives).
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    @MsMarvel98 Wow 400 chapters in three days! I'm impressed! I also read through D2D and A2A straight through to catch up but not nearly as fast as you. You must be a speed reader! :)

So Erik's brother isn't with his wife anymore. So sad. :'( I don't think Harper is pregnant like everyone is thinking. I just think she is super stressed out about the bills and taking care of Erik. Although I could be wrong, only you really know.

Erik's mother is so hard on her boys no wonder they feel inadequate. I wonder about her life and what may have happened to her to make her so cold and hard on her boys.

Awhile ago I said that Erik and Harper could end up homeless and I think if things continue the way they are it could really be possible. :# I hope I am very wrong about this and that they will get help!

It was nice to hear form Erik and see his family. Great chapter as always! <3

• RLRL Posts: 305 Member
    haswh wrote: »
    @MsMarvel98 Wow 400 chapters in three days! I'm impressed! I also read through D2D and A2A straight through to catch up but not nearly as fast as you. You must be a speed reader! :)

So Erik's brother isn't with his wife anymore. So sad. :'( I don't think Harper is pregnant like everyone is thinking. I just think she is super stressed out about the bills and taking care of Erik. Although I could be wrong, only you really know.

Erik's mother is so hard on her boys no wonder they feel inadequate. I wonder about her life and what may have happened to her to make her so cold and hard on her boys.

Awhile ago I said that Erik and Harper could end up homeless and I think if things continue the way they are it could really be possible. :# I hope I am very wrong about this and that they will get help!

It was nice to hear form Erik and see his family. Great chapter as always! <3

I'm thinking Christine really wants them to be successful, and most of all, doesn't want them to turn out like their dad.
    Check out the Sutherland ISBI!
    (Disclaimer: This blog is mainly an outlet for my weird humour)
    Click anyway! ⬇️️⬇️️⬇️️
    w2HyQcq.png
    I love your thoughts about Katie @superkyle221 !

@haswh I think @RL pretty much has it in terms of Christine. Her ex was a deadbeat alcoholic and she is hyper-focused on making sure her sons turn out better than he did. That being said, you're right that she is very hard on them. She's not a warm mother at all, and the tough love she's giving might actually be doing more harm than good...

Hopefully homelessness is not in Harik's future! But it's definitely not outside the realm of possibility... :-/

Thank you for reading!
    snvAF3B.png
  • rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    @AudreyFld

Chances are in the years since we last saw her, Katie saw the error of her ways, and got her act together.

And that face she's making in the banner (provided that is her) is out of exasperation with Harper's poor life choices.
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    I've just realised who Katie is. I'm a bit slow. :D She's probably much nicer now. @AudreyFld it's not beyond the realms of possibility that she could be dating one of the group. School bullies don't always remain bullies in later life, and some can remarkably change in character. I gather it has also been a while since they all graduated from high school.
    Poor Erik, I can't help but feel sorry for him, but I also get where his mother's coming from, although as @CitizenErased14 said, her tough love isn't helping. Furthermore, it's not healthy the amount of stress Harper is under, which is why I wonder if we are going to encounter a breakup down the road?
    Unfortunately, I have an inkling Harper's pregnant, which is a scary thought considering the circumstances.
    @rednenemon and @simscognito I love your thoughts that Katie may have changed... we can hope!

And yeah, Erik's mother is a very complicated woman. I do feel for her too, because it can't be easy to feel like she's failed as a mother (which is most definitely how she's feeling! :( ) But it's also so hard for Harper and Erik too... :(
    snvAF3B.png
    So true that Katie could have changed. And Devin isn’t around and Harper is with Erik, so if they happened to hook up at an art show they might actually get together...
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited November 2017
    OMG...Harper is PREGGERS!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I knew this would happen! And that's all Erik needs. Now he'll have a cutie pie mouth to feed and added stress to get clean but he won't be able to and...ugh. This does not look good for our happy, dysfunctional couple. :s

I was glad to see that his mom does love him, but has high expectations out of her used-to-be-high-achieving son. And I can tell why he wants to curl up in a ball and hide out from his responsibilites. I am hoping the nooboo will be the reason that ultimately helps him into sobriety, but something tells me this arc has a long way to go before that's a possibility. Oh noooo!! :scream:

AudreyFld wrote: »

This made me laugh so much. :joy: I’m not sure why....maybe because I ship(ped) Devin and Harper so hard. Plus they all hated Katie. So that seems impossible. But given his new hipster lifestyle, hmmmm. If that happened Harper would ask Erik for a snort. It would be the end of her. If she is pregnant, that might be the end too.

No f-ing way is Devin dating Katie. She was so cruel to Harper and he loved her (I bet he still loves her), so he would never do that to Harper. I don't care how much this f-ing b---- has changed. :rage: (Can you tell I feel strongly about that? LOL! :joy: )
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited November 2017
    @pammiechick I am cracking up at how excited this comment is :joy: If all these pregnancy theories are true, it would definitely be a huge game changer for these two!

And aw, you aren't a Katvin shipper? ;) Hehehe
    snvAF3B.png
    @pammiechick I am cracking up at how excited this comment is :joy: If all these pregnancy theories are true, it would definitely be a huge game changer for these two!

Boo for Katvin! If Devin would have been a better kisser, then maybe Harper would be all happy now instead of where she is...?. Of course this is A2A and that wouldn’t happen. But hopefully Devin is still single...cause if Harper is pregnant, she better be single too soon. But I have a feeling she’s gonna pin all her hopes that Erik will get clean on that baby - if there is one...
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member

Will we find out Saturday? DUN DUN DUNNNNN
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)

Boo for Katvin! If Devin would have been a better kisser, then maybe Harper would be all happy now instead of where she is...?. Of course this is A2A and that wouldn’t happen. But hopefully Devin is still single...cause if Harper is pregnant, she better be single too soon. But I have a feeling she’s gonna pin all her hopes that Erik will get clean on that baby - if there is one...

YES! #saynotoKatvin

I know. Dumb Devin for not kissing properly (or for not being older and cooler because we all know Harper wanted to choose the most rebellious guy and that was not Dev.)

We can dream about Harvin (even though our ship is lost at sea :bawling: ) For sure (well, I think) Erik will be in Harper's life for good. He's the love of her life! Right? Unless he overdoses. :bawling: So sad. But I'm hopeful this baby (if she's preggers--she could just be sick), will be a wake up call to Erik.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member

YES! #saynotoKatvin

I know. Dumb Devin for not kissing properly (or for not being older and cooler because we all know Harper wanted to choose the most rebellious guy and that was not Dev.)

We can dream about Harvin (even though our ship is lost at sea :bawling: ) For sure (well, I think) Erik will be in Harper's life for good. He's the love of her life! Right? Unless he overdoses. :bawling: So sad. But I'm hopeful this baby (if she's preggers--she could just be sick), will be a wake up call to Erik.

@pammiechick I don't know if Erik's going to be in Harper's life forever. He may be the love of her life, but that doesn't mean he remains that way. He certainly wants to be in her life, Harper certainly wants him her life, but I have a sneaking suspicion this love is going to end in either a breakup or an overdose, leading to death. After all, we haven't fully explored the idea of 'love isn't always enough' yet, which I think is what this arc might be exploring, in response to Hope and Zayne.

YES! #saynotoKatvin

@pammiechick I don't know if Erik's going to be in Harper's life forever. He may be the love of her life, but that doesn't mean he remains that way. He certainly wants to be in her life, Harper certainly wants him her life, but I have a sneaking suspicion this love is going to end in either a breakup or an overdose, leading to death. After all, we haven't fully explored the idea of 'love isn't always enough' yet, which I think is what this arc might be exploring, in response to Hope and Zayne.

Hmm...this is very insightful. You could be right. Hope and Zayne had love but look what it brought. Too much love is like living on sugar. Unhealthy. And it does look like love isn't enough. At least right now!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • SpectresValkyrieSpectresValkyrie Posts: 317 Member
    Part of me really hopes that Harper isn't pregnant and that she is just sick. Where they both are at isn't a great place to be to raise a child. I am worried if something does happen to Erik. If he overdoses and dies or breaks up with Harper that would not be good. It feels like Harper built her life around Erik and if he leaves she would be devastated. If they did have a child and Erik ends up out of the picture in one way or another I don't think Harper is mature enough to handle a child on her own. Meeting Erik's family was interesting. I am not sure how to feel about Erik's mom. Danny seems very nice.
    ETagn5d.jpg
    Loving this discussion, @AudreyFld @pammiechick @simscognito ! Great thoughts and ideas on both sides of the coin. Only time will tell...

@SpectresValkyrie These two definitely aren't in a good place to raise a kid, you're right! It would be a huge gamechanger. So hopefully this is a theory that doesn't come true! :open_mouth:

Honestly, being unsure what to think of Christine is more or less what I was expecting haha. She's... a difficult and complicated woman. And despite what Erik might think, she DOES love him. And she wants waht's best for him. But she is also a very cold and somewhat harsh woman too. I think the way she's going about the situation with Erik might not be exactly what he needs... :/
    snvAF3B.png
    Maybe Harper and Katie will wind up together? If Harper is pregnant, and he dies, maybe it's a Death Becomes Her situation where they've all been abandoned by their families and they only have each other to rely on to get by (I could go Kate and Ally or Laverne and Shirley, but I've chosen not to) and then they fall in love.

Probably not (I'm still on the Katie and Devin bandwagon - hopefully Devin has moved on from Harper, its been years), but that would be a nice twist to wrap this all up in - biggest enemies to best friends. It could happen!
  • winterbaby20winterbaby20 Posts: 2,413 Member
    If harper is pregnant I wouldn't be surprise if her parents take custody of the child. I heard true stories of parents of the addict taking custody of the addict's kid permanently until they are clean.
  • WralaiWralai Posts: 477 Member
    SHE'D BETTER NOT BE PREGNANT.
    THIS IS NOT HOW IT'S SUPPOSED TO GO.
    170424-CeYy_jT-qip.jpg[IMG][/img]
    Click on the image above to be sent to my legacy, The Galvez Legacy!
  • MsMarvel98MsMarvel98 Posts: 34 Member
    @CitizenErased14 Wow, it's an honour to wear the crown! Thank you! ? I'm just lucky I started reading A2A after exams ? @InfraGreen If only my textbooks were as interesting ??

I have a feeling Harper is definitely pregnant, which will probably go one of two ways - Eric gets his 🐸🐸🐸🐸 together, and Harik can live on, or, Erik dies/continues being addicted and Harper is left alone with the baby. THEN hopefully Devin, who is hopefully still single, will enter the picture again, and he can patch things up with Harper and they will end up together. I am happy with either option ?

But in saying that, I really am liking Erik's character, probably because now we've seen his upbringing and there's more depth to him than just his addiction. He has a lot of potential for development, and if he does recover from his addiction and raises a child with Harper, it would be very interesting to explore how this will impact his relationship with his mother (who's own backstory is probably quite interesting). Also, Erik is cuter than Devin ? As somebody said before, Erik was such a cute toddler, and I really want to see those genes passed on!
  • MsMarvel98MsMarvel98 Posts: 34 Member
    (all those question marks are supposed to be smiley faces, not enthusiastic confusion)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top