Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What CAN be done to fix TS4?

Comments

• NikolaiBanksNikolaiBanks Posts: 149 Member
    YBNS2468 wrote: »
    Sims 4 superstar expansion pack will be awsome!!!

Sims 4: Superstar expansion, now that would make a great expansion plus reintroducing the Celebrity status from the Sims 3.
    'Fear not, for I am with you;
    Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
    Quote from Isaiah 41:10
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member

Sims 4: Superstar expansion, now that would make a great expansion plus reintroducing the Celebrity status from the Sims 3.

I need this SO BAD. My royal sims need it so bad. I mean right now the Queen of the United Simdom wanders around completely unacknowledged by her subjects. Who has their queen walk by and doesnt feel anything?! Who i ask?! Nooobody thats who. She must be praised and fawned over aaaand im sorry but the fame mod doesnt cut it lmao
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Shira3000Shira3000 Posts: 348 Member
    I would like to se more relationships between family-related sims. And now Im going to aleborate.
    I am a big fan of family gameplay and in all my games I use to marry the sims as they very young, and then they have children very young and grandchildren and greatgrandchildren (sometimes even when they are adults). So that's why all that issue is very important to me.
    First-i think that when a sim becomes a grandparent and he's not living in the same household with the new grandchild, the grandparent doesn't know at all his new family member. As well as aunts, uncles, cousins and greatgrandparents. Another thing is when a sim is aging up to toddler all his relationships (except to the household members) are delered and he needs to meet everyone again. Thats horrible!
    Second, in my opinion there is a big lack in the relationships in the panels of the friends - for example a sim can't identify his greatgrandson and even can date him!!! Also there is not in-laws relations which I think is very important.
    And also I want to see more special and functional interactions between grandparents and greatgrandparents and their grandchildren, also between sims and their parents in law and sons/daughters in law.
    I think that these additions shouldn't be as a part of a pack or something but as a free update because it is necessary for the game. What do you think?

I need this SO BAD. My royal sims need it so bad. I mean right now the Queen of the United Simdom wanders around completely unacknowledged by her subjects. Who has their queen walk by and doesnt feel anything?! Who i ask?! Nooobody thats who. She must be praised and fawned over aaaand im sorry but the fame mod doesnt cut it lmao

I totally agree with you about the fame mod, it's bit of a joke, and it sucks your Royal Sims and the Queen aren't being noticed for being royal, I get the same issue when one of my Sims gets into a high ranking job and are not noticed for being famous in their job career.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,

I totally agree with you about the fame mod, it's bit of a joke, and it plum your Royal Sims and the Queen aren't being noticed for being royal, I get the same issue when one of my Sims gets into a high ranking job and are not noticed for being famous in their job career.

Yeah thats the other thing. I've got top promoted entertainers nobody around town notices and celebrity chefs that arent celebrities and politicians nobody would actually vote for because nobody knows who they are except the people they entertain for donations lmao

But Im hoping the fact that "celebrity" and "fame" are mentioned throughout the game in careers and items that itll be coming back before the series ends.

I wanna get a famous sim to perform for tips. Muuuust dooooo thiiiiiis.

Also celebrity pets please?!?!?!?!
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • WhipSmartWhipSmart Posts: 16 Member
    Backdate certain updates. When retail came out, I didn't mind that the store is closed unless your sim is there because I didn't know any better. But now, both restaurants and vet clinics can keep running when I'm not there, so why can't a retail store? I just feel disappointed playing them because I know the two other kinds of businesses have a better option.

This applies to supernatural sims, too. Ghosts and aliens were fun, then vampires came out. Vampires are, to me, the most fun to play because I love the whole ability tree and having to work for building your ranks, etc. I feel like something similar should have been released for the other supernatural races to tweak exactly what kind of ghost/alien you can be. Now when I play the other supernatural races, I just feel like something is missing and I always end up going back to vampires.
  • BizzySarah96BizzySarah96 Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love memories to come back!
  • BrunoBBrunoB Posts: 13 New Member
    You know what would be great? If we had more time to do stuff.

I mean, the current time system (1 game hour = 1 real minute) makes tasks so hard to manage. I can't do nice stuff on the game because my Sims are always hungry, tired, dirty or needing to go. My game has been a simulation of boring domestic chores lately.

So, what if we could choose how much a day lasts on our game?
    That could be organized something like that:

TIME MODE
    - DEFAULT DAY: 24 minutes (1h game = 1min real)
    - MEDIUM DAY: 48 minutes (1h game = 2min real)
    - LONG DAY: 72 minutes (1h game = 3min real)

Those times rates are just suggestions, but you could do something like that, so people like me could enjoy more the day doing other stuff beyond eating, bathing and sleeping.

:smile: <3
    BrunoB wrote: »

I mean, the current time system (1 game hour = 1 real minute) makes tasks so hard to manage. I can't do nice stuff on the game because my Sims are always hungry, tired, dirty or needing to go. My game has been a simulation of boring domestic chores lately.

TIME MODE

Those times rates are just suggestions, but you could do something like that, so people like me could enjoy more the day doing other stuff beyond eating, bathing and sleeping.

:smile:<3

This I have to agree with, mostly with the needs thing since my Sims needs decay FAR too fast, especially the bladder bar, even if they don't drink a single drink, within a few hours my sims would want to pee. As for the time thing, I think it's a good idea, it could help those who want to have more time doing stuff, including when doing Profession jobs like the police, medical or scientist careers.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
  • fidelis_x0fidelis_x0 Posts: 74 Member

TIME MODE

I agree. This would be awesome.
    fidelis_x0 wrote: »

TIME MODE

I agree. This would be awesome.

I just downloaded MC Command Center and it has an option to change how fast time goes. I halved mine. I still need to try it out though. Im still filling in the empty lots since its a new save
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • sacramurdasacramurda Posts: 8 New Member
    I would absolutely love to see the better grass/ground selections in the build mode. For instance, the new grass type in Brindleton Bay, if you want to fix a patch of grass, you have absolutely no way of copying the grass. You only have a few selections, all which can stand out like a sore thumb. Please, please, please, can we get new grass textures that actually match the different worlds/neighborhoods?
  • EldircoraEldircora Posts: 40 Member
    I think we really need an upright piano and also an ability to take newborns and toddlers for walks. I mean this is pretty crucial in children upbringing, isn't it? And also I think Sims should be eating more. I mean we are supposed to have 5 meals a day irl and my sims usually eat like two because they don't really get hungry enough. And kids should be eating their packed lunches at school. I mean they can just disappear after coming back home. Same for work.
  • EldircoraEldircora Posts: 40 Member
    Oh and also if you invite family over they should be automatically kind of taking care of a toddler. Especially grandparents. I wish you could make them come and babysit instead of a nanny.
  • DrDrengusDrDrengus Posts: 11 New Member
    I suggested this as a mod another forum, but ideally it would be a gameplay change. It has to do with how objects and activities are all just as fun to every sim. And things like computers and tvs and woodworking tables are so 'fun' that everyone gravitates directly to them in a really artificial way...

The change would make the fun rating of objects NOT increase the likelihood of a sim doing something until they've already done it at least once. So to start with they'd be naive and everything would be just as interesting. And the more you make your sim do something the more fun they get out of it. It'd be like they formed habits, and could be very different from sim to sim. It could be capped, so that the most fun something could be would be like the TV is now - that way it wouldn't break the gameplay, just give sims some variety.

To me, this is the biggest problem with the game - at least with autonomy.
  • grannynerdgrannynerd Posts: 4 New Member
    This is more so of a message or request for the Sims 5 (I never bought the Sims 4 and don't plan to).

Do NOT under ANY circumstances REMOVE things that were in the previous base games! And don't you dare threaten fans of the game that you "might not release another game", just because you get crappy feedback for throwing The Sims 4 into a garbage disposal.

Anyways. Back to my requests for the Sims 5.

I want more life stages. Going from child to a teen is always weird to me. I feel like there should be a "pre-teen" life stage--where the kids go to middle school. Elementary to high school? Eh? Nah. That should've been introduced in the Sims 4 but--cough--you left out toddlers--cough. And please bring back more interactions with babies. This should've been expanded on.

Seasons, Pets and University should be on the BASE GAME. I do not know why they never listen to this request. It's been asked for each and every installment. It's beyond stupid that they are too focused on making a profit.

I really hate how cartoonish the Sims look in the Sims 4. I want my Sims to look more realistic, not cartoonish. There's no excuse for that, especially with all of the technological advances that we have. I would love to have my Sims eventually look like characters from Final Fantasy--which is the top notch design for characters IMHO.

Kids should get vacation time (summer vacation, winter break, etc).

Opportunities for Sims to be criminals. And what I mean by this, is that I would like to either control my Sim or (during STORY PROGRESSION) and have them commit crimes and join gangs. It'll make game play more interesting if the neighborhoods aren't always safe. I would like for there to be an option of murder, but I know that would never happen since some kids play this game.

I want female Sims to have a period! It happens dude and is a natural part of the human body.

I would like the ability to have more Sims on the lot.

Ability to edit worlds like on Sim City. I want to be able to create cities (like brownstones). The lots have a lot of spaces inbetween them which doesn't look like a real city neighborhood to me.

I've always wanted to follow my Sims to work and or school. But that's an unimportant want really. I wouldn't have a cow if it isn't in the Sims 5.

Better options for taking photos and recording your Sims. That would be cool.

That's it for now.
    grannynerd wrote: »
    This is more so of a message or request for the Sims 5 (I never bought the Sims 4 and don't plan to).

Do NOT under ANY circumstances REMOVE things that were in the previous base games! And don't you dare threaten fans of the game that you "might not release another game", just because you get plum feedback for throwing The Sims 4 into a garbage disposal.

Anyways. Back to my requests for the Sims 5.

I want more life stages. Going from child to a teen is always weird to me. I feel like there should be a "pre-teen" life stage--where the kids go to middle school. Elementary to high school? Eh? Nah. That should've been introduced in the Sims 4 but--cough--you left out toddlers--cough. And please bring back more interactions with babies. This should've been expanded on.

Seasons, Pets and University should be on the BASE GAME. I do not know why they never listen to this request. It's been asked for each and every installment. It's beyond stupid that they are too focused on making a profit.

I really hate how cartoonish the Sims look in the Sims 4. I want my Sims to look more realistic, not cartoonish. There's no excuse for that, especially with all of the technological advances that we have. I would love to have my Sims eventually look like characters from Final Fantasy--which is the top notch design for characters IMHO.

Kids should get vacation time (summer vacation, winter break, etc).

Opportunities for Sims to be criminals. And what I mean by this, is that I would like to either control my Sim or (during STORY PROGRESSION) and have them commit crimes and join gangs. It'll make game play more interesting if the neighborhoods aren't always safe. I would like for there to be an option of murder, but I know that would never happen since some kids play this game.

I want female Sims to have a period! It happens dude and is a natural part of the human body.

I would like the ability to have more Sims on the lot.

Ability to edit worlds like on Sim City. I want to be able to create cities (like brownstones). The lots have a lot of spaces inbetween them which doesn't look like a real city neighborhood to me.

I've always wanted to follow my Sims to work and or school. But that's an unimportant want really. I wouldn't have a cow if it isn't in the Sims 5.

Better options for taking photos and recording your Sims. That would be cool.

That's it for now.

Thank goodness, you have said EVERYTHING everyone has ever thought or said before in the past, your speech is so beautiful, it makes me want to drop S4 and wait for S5 to come out, Sims 4 is good or pretty okay for a 5/10 game (That's what it is to me in rating.) but it is everything you have said, each update fixes bugs but brings in new bugs that need fixing, and the Sims reactions are bland, like they're always smiling, even after finding their spouse in bed with another, sure they do something that looks like being angry, but I don't feel it, Sims 3 did that part a bit better than it is seen in Sims 4.

Sims 4 as a game itself is entertaining to those who love the cartoonish look, but to real gamers it's kinda silly, but it has some pros, some areas in gameplay have improved, graphics is debatable though, but I think today there seem to be more cons than pros, yet fans who love the series are still playing Sims 4, myself included. Many hope S4 will be improved by updates, I for one have sort of given up on the idea of an update that will give better graphics and more realistic Sims. But to me it's still an okay game to play.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
  • Ceil_SoltairCeil_Soltair Posts: 4 New Member
    I always like using the Styled looks menu for quick and easy outfits for new sims. Why can't we make and save our own styled looks and share them on the gallery for other players to enjoy too? It'd really freshen up the ready-to-go outfit pool and it'd make for a fun feature for the community to share.
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    Wants/Fears are a must. They need to have a bigger spot in the UI. They were so important in TS2 and TS3 and made me remember that there were features in the game I forgot about (bowling, eating out, vacationing).
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    There needs to be a stuff pack that adds some apartment objects (space saving): Bunk beds, recliner, murphy bed, sofa bed, mini fridge.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
    Eliharb wrote: »
    There needs to be a stuff pack that adds some apartment objects (space saving): Bunk beds, recliner, murphy bed, sofa bed, mini fridge.

I certainly agree with the bunk beds, recliners, Murphy bed, sofa bed and mini fridge, those are the few things I loved from the apartments from Sims 3, and the Sims 3 form of apartments is something I wished they'd bring back already, I'd like to play in a household with myself and a few NPCs randomly selected to live in the house.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
  • XABESIMSXABESIMS Posts: 47 Member
    Shira3000 wrote: »
    I would like to se more relationships between family-related sims. And now Im going to aleborate.
    I am a big fan of family gameplay and in all my games I use to marry the sims as they very young, and then they have children very young and grandchildren and greatgrandchildren (sometimes even when they are adults). So that's why all that issue is very important to me.
    First-i think that when a sim becomes a grandparent and he's not living in the same household with the new grandchild, the grandparent doesn't know at all his new family member. As well as aunts, uncles, cousins and greatgrandparents. Another thing is when a sim is aging up to toddler all his relationships (except to the household members) are delered and he needs to meet everyone again. Thats horrible!
    Second, in my opinion there is a big lack in the relationships in the panels of the friends - for example a sim can't identify his greatgrandson and even can date him!!! Also there is not in-laws relations which I think is very important.
    And also I want to see more special and functional interactions between grandparents and greatgrandparents and their grandchildren, also between sims and their parents in law and sons/daughters in law.
    I think that these additions shouldn't be as a part of a pack or something but as a free update because it is necessary for the game. What do you think?

I'm agree with you all!
    11jck5e.gif
  • TheNUBaliciousTheNUBalicious Posts: 113 Member
    I had just added this in another thread, but have a new wall tool that is a glass wall tool in build mode. Also if there is any way you could set any lot as your active (kinda like home) lot, for people who play let's plays of like homeless challenge or they want to live temporarily on a different lot than their home lot. The button in the bottom left screen beside the phone that is shaped like a house could be set to take you to that lot while playing in case you forget and tell your Sim to "go home", which would cause wait time of loading screens getting back to where you needed to go. It could be as easy as it being a new lot trait that gets added which makes that button load a certain lot. This can also be helpful for Simmers that like to have their Sims live at their restaurants or stores, and now vet hospitals. This isn't base game, but if there could be a way to assign beds to pets like you assign beds to butlers it would be very helpful. If you have 2 small pets and 1 large one, and the small ones want to keep sleeping on the large bed it becomes sad to watch at times. Also would like Murphy beds, spiral stairs, greenhouses, Simoleon trees (could be a gift from Jasmine Holiday), pizza ovens, nectar making, and any household appliances like fryers, trash compactors, sleeping bags and maybe a sleep over stuff pack - would be helpful in a lot of challenges.
  • Catherine_HopCatherine_Hop Posts: 18 Member
    Hi, I don't post often and I don't know if this has been suggested before.

I would like to see some things "fixed" (or adjusted) before adding more packs to the game.

1) When using the "get to know" interaction, the sim you are getting to know should be able to tell you who their relatives are. I don't like having a really high relationship with a sim and not know their family relationships, this makes moving in complicated. It also forces me to switch households and play their family in order to truly know them.
    2) Sims should be able to make up a bed on the couch to sleep. In real life, when I have people stay over, I often put pillows and a blanket on the couch for them. Why can't we have the same thing happen in the Sims? The animation for this doesn't have to be complicated either. It can just involve the sim "laying out" the extra pillow and blanket. Maybe make it possible for sims to sleep on three-seater couches so that they can lie flat, the way they do on beds.
    3) Cats and toilet rolls. There was a missed opportunity with the Cats and Dogs pack. Cats should have had the ability to unravel the toilet roll and cause a mess. Please add this in a patch!
    4) Dogs should be able to chew the shoe rack. At the moment the shoe rack is an inanimate decorative object. In real life, dogs chew shoes (the destructive dogs chew shoes), maybe sims dogs should do this too.
    5) Cats and dogs should be able to scare off the monster under the children's bed. Because... why not? :smile:
    6) There are some decorative objects that should function as pathways to CAS the same way as dressers and mirrors. They are: the clothes rack, and the hanging clothes wall feature (what do you call it? It's like a rack of clothes with a shelf on top that you can place on walls... there is also one that is just a hat and a coat). Some of the decorative "cosmetic" items, like the bottles that you can place on top of dressers, should also take you to CAS (at least the part of CAS that lets you change a sim's makeup.)
    7) Some of the clutter objects, like the pile of clothes and the kid's floor clutter, should make a sim feel like the room is messy.

That's the end of my suggestions for now. I would love to see these things added in a patch. Thanks!
  • Catherine_HopCatherine_Hop Posts: 18 Member
    Hi, I don't post often and I don't know if this has been suggested before.

I would like to see some things "fixed" (or adjusted) before adding more packs to the game.

1) When using the "get to know" interaction, the sim you are getting to know should be able to tell you who their relatives are. I don't like having a really high relationship with a sim and not know their family relationships, this makes moving in complicated. It also forces me to switch households and play their family in order to truly know them.
    2) Sims should be able to make up a bed on the couch to sleep. In real life, when I have people stay over, I often put pillows and a blanket on the couch for them. Why can't we have the same thing happen in the Sims? The animation for this doesn't have to be complicated either. It can just involve the sim "laying out" the extra pillow and blanket. Maybe make it possible for sims to sleep on three-seater couches so that they can lie flat, the way they do on beds.
    3) Cats and toilet rolls. There was a missed opportunity with the Cats and Dogs pack. Cats should have had the ability to unravel the toilet roll and cause a mess. Please add this in a patch!
    4) Dogs should be able to chew the shoe rack. At the moment the shoe rack is an inanimate decorative object. In real life, dogs chew shoes (the destructive dogs chew shoes), maybe sims dogs should do this too.
    5) Cats and dogs should be able to scare off the monster under the children's bed. Because... why not? :smile:
    6) There are some decorative objects that should function as pathways to CAS the same way as dressers and mirrors. They are: the clothes rack, and the hanging clothes wall feature (what do you call it? It's like a rack of clothes with a shelf on top that you can place on walls... there is also one that is just a hat and a coat). Some of the decorative "cosmetic" items, like the bottles that you can place on top of dressers, should also take you to CAS (at least the part of CAS that lets you change a sim's makeup.)
    7) Some of the clutter objects, like the pile of clothes and the kid's floor clutter, should make a sim feel like the room is messy.

That's the end of my suggestions for now. I would love to see these things added in a patch. Thanks!