Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let Sims wear their assigned CAS outfits instead of weird situational ones, please

Comments

• kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    edited November 2017
    Thanks @kwanzaabot for the mod! Truly awesome! Unfortunately for me though, once I added it, sims started flipping the tv channels in the bar like crazy *sigh*. Probably interfering with another mod I have or something, I'm not sure.

That sounds like something else. All my mod does is change what type of outfits the game specifies for nightclub-goers to wear. It doesn't touch their behaviour at all.
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Finally had a chance to get out using @kwanzaabot 's mod!

My sims! They look normal!

1nr4F65.png

Q59DvdE.png

I'm even okay that Lance went out in one of his stage costumes! ( because it's a dam sight better than what the game was putting him in!)

4cHHMcv.png

And Frank! Yay! He's his old self again!

A0Jnqj0.png

Just a couple of my sims came out in their underwear, but even THAT is better than how it's currently programed in the game!

WMaB4hd.png

Glad to see it's working for you!

The underwear thing tends to happen if a Sim used to wear CC that you've deleted, but that's not unique to my mod, it's just how the game handles that sort of problem.
    wJbomAo.png
  • sapphiretigersapphiretiger Posts: 260 Member
    I don't like this either. I want to be able to have what I choose sims to be in. Whether they are npc or not. Let us choose please!
  • fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    in the meantime, i'm meeting lots of elder Sims--i've now changed my favourite venue's type to "lounge". :D
  • FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    edited November 2017
    fewlines wrote: »
    in the meantime, i'm meeting lots of elder Sims--i've now changed my favourite venue's type to "lounge". :D

I keep forgetting to download @kwanzaabot's mod... sometimes I even forget about this whole thing, happily send my Sims to a nightclub and find myself horrified when I'm faced with it all over again. :lol:

Also can't really focus on my Sim now at night clubs as I'm constantly preoccupied using MCCC to change these Sims' outfits the moment they step into the nightclub. Feel kind of like a fashion disaster bouncer. Gotta keep out that new fashion. :sweat_smile: Really, really need to download that mod.
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • sparkles555sparkles555 Posts: 16 Member
    Agree with all of this! I spend a lot of time on my Sims outfits, and like to bounce around from household to household. So irritating that the sims show up looking like they got dressed in the dark rather than one of the party outfits I spent time coordinating.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,337 Member
    edited December 2017
    LOL, happened at the romance festival!
    23760263_1443813889064539_1633235267_o.png?oh=bad641fac31a6a4f738e441f615d9258&oe=5A24155B
    Post edited by rjssim on
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    edited November 2017
    I haven't updated my game to the November patch yet but I wanted to chime in about the wedding outfits issue a few people mentioned. It is VERY annoying when you add a wedding outfit to the bride or groom's formal repertoire and they show up in one of the default dresses or suits. This happens every time, but the most annoying thing is that when you ask to see the other Sim's outfit in order to prompt an outfit change, you can't choose between Formal 1/2/3/4/5, but only 'Formal', and the game randomly picks one of their Formal outfits. So chances are your bride will change into whatever she used to wear to dinner parties instead of the special wedding outfit you designed her. There's no way around this when your Sim's fiancee lives in a different household - I just have to go back to the last save and start the wedding over, hoping it will choose the right outfit this time. Very annoying.
    Terra wrote: »
    I haven't updated my game to the November patch yet but I wanted to chime in about the wedding outfits issue a few people mentioned. It is VERY annoying when you add a wedding outfit to the bride or groom's formal repertoire and they show up in one of the default dresses or suits. This happens every time, but the most annoying thing is that when you ask to see the other Sim's outfit in order to prompt an outfit change, you can't choose between Formal 1/2/3/4/5, but only 'Formal', and the game randomly picks one of their Formal outfits. So chances are your bride will change into whatever she used to wear to dinner parties instead of the special wedding outfit you designed her. There's no way around this when your Sim's fiancee lives in a different household - I just have to go back to the last save and start the wedding over, hoping it will choose the right outfit this time. Very annoying.

Yep, this really is annoying! Hope the gurus might reconsider this feature or at the very least allow us some option to change these situational outfits when we don't like them. We get so many wonderful customization options in CAS, so it's kind of a major letdown when the game decides to generate its own outfits for our Sims instead of the outfits we spent hours on in CAS.
    If you have MCCC in your game, you can change any Sim's outfits by clicking on them, selecting MC Command Center, MC Dresser, and then change outfit. I haven't done this in a while, but I'm fairly sure that with MCCC you can choose from every outfit your Sim has, so you can select the one Formal outfit you want your Sim to wear. Sims don't have to be in your household for this. Thought I'd mention it on the off chance that you do have MCCC and don't know about this feature yet. I only really found out about it recently and it's been incredibly useful for me. :)

fgQIHTb.png
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member

there could have been from the start options to include special wedding outfit
    same as career outfits, festivals outfits, spa outfits & so on
    there could have been included a feature to mark outfits as main & additional
    there could have been clothing worn at home, for doing hobbies, just going out without partying, outer wear ...
    there could have been options to save certain outfits without options for sims to wear them autonomously randomized as interchangeable

eg, i use often one outfit as main & second as for hobby work at home, for gardening, tinkering & other dirt work, so sims have several outfits but the sims seem to develop a preference & end up wearing those outfits for dirtier hobbies as their going out everyday clothing despite that it just doesn't make any sense, doesn't fit the personality & life of those sims at all

but the devs didn't think the look of sims a basic feature of TS4, that's why those features are very often also taken out of the player's hands & either prescripted, careless or randomized
    lack of sense to how sims are clothed in every situation removes gameplay, the game is poorer to play
    & we have already over 3 years of this

but i would be content if AT LEAST the outfits already assigned & available in game now would JUST function as assigned !

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • rosehrtgirlrosehrtgirl Posts: 252 Member
    Yeah, I hate it to that night club dancers show up in weird hats and those weird pants that should be categorized as everyday or exercise clothing. Worse than what they were showing up before in everyday wear. Kind of funny though that only the dancers outfits where changed. They didn't change the outfits of the other sims on the lot the DJ watcher or barfly and the new sim category the pet owners use everyday outfits. I see someone made a mod for this that is good. Right after the patch I made my own personal mode and changed the dancer outfits and the DJ watcher to party outfits assigned to each individual sim. Left the barfly and pet club owners alone since these npc situation jobs are used on other community lots. Really they need to make a barfly situation job for night clubs only like they do with lounges, and get rid of the pet owners on night club lots.
  • JonyPinkJonyPink Posts: 5 New Member
    I was going crazy with the costume changes of some of my sims in the Pubs until I found this thread.

I hope that EA will fix this absurd bug and stop imposing more absurd rules to the game. :s

Thanks a lot fot @kwanzaabot 's mod! works great!! ;)
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    Firande wrote: »

Yep, this really is annoying! Hope the gurus might reconsider this feature or at the very least allow us some option to change these situational outfits when we don't like them. We get so many wonderful customization options in CAS, so it's kind of a major letdown when the game decides to generate its own outfits for our Sims instead of the outfits we spent hours on in CAS.
    If you have MCCC in your game, you can change any Sim's outfits by clicking on them, selecting MC Command Center, MC Dresser, and then change outfit. I haven't done this in a while, but I'm fairly sure that with MCCC you can choose from every outfit your Sim has, so you can select the one Formal outfit you want your Sim to wear. Sims don't have to be in your household for this. Thought I'd mention it on the off chance that you do have MCCC and don't know about this feature yet. I only really found out about it recently and it's been incredibly useful for me. :)

Ooh, I have MCCC but not the Dresser module - I'll have to check that out. Thanks! :smiley:
  • eddysims0h4eddysims0h4 Posts: 1 New Member
    MCCC works sort of with situational outfits, it works on the festivals, but they still show up dressed like loonatics at the nightclubs and every other possible location. I think we should get a option in the game itself to disable situational outfits altogether. That way everyone can get a over 9000 happy buff.
  • Nyar1313Nyar1313 Posts: 8 New Member
    Glad I found this thread, I've been trying to track down what CC was screwing up the outfit spawning or if I screwed up some MCC option for a week now.
  • zorglubzorglub Posts: 3 New Member
    It happens in one of my restaurant right now for the first time :(
    One of the waiter is wearing a big mess with a round hat instead of the outfit I create and one of the customer instead of her formal attire.
    I don't know how to add the screenshot I have.
    Pffffff ... this game is so sad sometimes
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    We can assign an outfit for staff in dining places in "Get to work" so maybe a variation of this so that we have a choice for us when our Sims first enter a career? We could either accept the ones given or make one ourselves.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 290 Member
    I think this is absurd. I'd like to think I'm speaking on behalf of the majority here when I say, we as creators of our Sims' stories, should be entirely responsible for the way that our Sims are dressed in any given circumstances because clothing is part of how we give our Sims personality. What is the point of incapacitating our control over that and in return, give the game full control?

If the idea is to enliven the game then why not make it so that Sims alternate between the staggering 25 different outfits that we are able to create for them in CAS?

Please give back to us the liberty to control how our Sims are personalised because that is a huge part of our storytelling. Excessive accessorising is not the real problem here, this should not happen full-stop.
    TBImXnt.gif
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    @zorglub
    zorglub wrote: »
    It happens in one of my restaurant right now for the first time :(
    One of the waiter is wearing a big mess with a round hat instead of the outfit I create and one of the customer instead of her formal attire.
    I don't know how to add the screenshot I have.
    Pffffff ... this game is so sad sometimes

if it happens in a restaurant then the source is something else than what happens in the nightclubs

try it with a vanilla game, without any mods/cc, remove the cache files before you restart
    & assign employees clothing to the restaurant

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • JonyPinkJonyPink Posts: 5 New Member
    MCCC only helps on a temporary basis, as the next time you return to the nightclub or when you're already in the nightclub you save the game, when you re-enter the game, the costumes have changed again.
  • ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    edited December 2017
    Just posted about this myself. One of my questions is, if "A SimGuru has confirmed that the weird glasses/hats thing is not actually intentional, and they are currently working on a fix!", it makes it sound like changing into the rest of the random different outfit than usual ISN'T a bug. Even without the hats and glasses, I personally still don't want my sims changing into ANYTHING random, ever (unless it's a costume thing...I don't entirely mind the outfits at the geek festival, or Halloween costumes). That's why we have outfit categories, not for the game to pick something instead.
    Post edited by ravynwolvf on
    edited December 2017
    ravynwolvf wrote: »
    Just posted about this myself. One of my questions is, if "A SimGuru has confirmed that the weird glasses/hats thing is not actually intentional, and they are currently working on a fix!", it makes it sound like changing into the rest of the random different outfit than usual ISN'T a bug. Even without the hats and glasses, I personally still don't want my sims changing into ANYTHING random, ever (unless it's a costume thing...I don't entirely mind the outfits at the geek festival, or Halloween costumes). That's why we have outfit categories, not for the game to pick something instead.

Hey! OP here. Yeah, I edited and added that in, because from the Guru's first posts I wasn't ENTIRELY sure whether they'd change the whole outfit thing. But you can actually find the Guru's posts somewhere here in the comments. He later added a screenshot where Sims wear their assigned party outfits instead of situational ones, after some people replied to the Guru's first comment! So I think they are working on an actual fix, but I wasn't sure enough at that point to say it like that in my original post. But I will be going back to the Guru's post and see exactly what he said. Like you, I also don't want ANY situational outfits on my own Sims!

Edit: Went back and looked at the Guru's comments and he did mention testing a fix where Sims show up in their party outfits! I also changed this in the original post. Sorry, I didn't have enough time to look through the comments when I first edited it and therefore just went with what I knew for sure.

fgQIHTb.png
  • ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    Firande wrote: »
    ravynwolvf wrote: »

Hey! OP here. Yeah, I edited and added that in, because from the Guru's first posts I wasn't ENTIRELY sure whether they'd change the whole outfit thing. But you can actually find the Guru's posts somewhere here in the comments. He later added a screenshot where Sims wear their assigned party outfits instead of situational ones, after some people replied to the Guru's first comment! So I think they are working on an actual fix, but I wasn't sure enough at that point to say it like that in my original post. But I will be going back to the Guru's post and see exactly what he said. Like you, I also don't want ANY situational outfits on my own Sims!

Edit: Went back and looked at the Guru's comments and he did mention testing a fix where Sims show up in their party outfits! I also changed this in the original post. Sorry, I didn't have enough time to look through the comments when I first edited it and therefore just went with what I knew for sure.

No, thanks for replying. How hats and glasses (or shoes) get involved in these things I'll never know, but if they were aiming at actually having the regular party outfits, then at least they were trying for something useful.
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    rjssim wrote: »
    LOL, happened at the romance festival!
    23760263_1443813889064539_1633235267_o.png?oh=bad641fac31a6a4f738e441f615d9258&oe=5A24155B

So Lex Luthor is secretly a stripper? :D
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Something we are all agreeing on here is that WE THE PLAYER want the control. That's just the way it should be, my sims, my game, I rule! ha.
    Especially with something so drastic and BAM in your face. Why change a quiet shy sims normal clothing to something loud and obnoxious.. on purpose?! Any word on a fix for this yet?
    Other then MCC...? Thank goodness for Deaderpool too, he seems to be fixing all the problems The Sims 4 team & EA can't seem to (or don't care to) fix.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• astera00astera00 Posts: 267 Member
    You know, I never understood why the default nightclub outfits were never the party outfit, but just the everyday ones. It's like, if I never throw a party, I'll never see the party outfits and I put so much effort into customising each Sim's look. I wish we could change outfit type for each type of venue like we can do at restaurants. I like the party outfits and rarely get to see them. As if that wasn't enough, we have to put up with these outfits that are forced on us when we already spent time designing a perfectly suitable outfit for that venue.

I am glad to hear from the Gurus that they're testing the party outfits to be worn at club venues, I hope we get it soon.