March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you could have any game pack come out next, which one would you choose?

GonedalfGonedalf Posts: 62 Member
For me, I'd love a game pack devoted to fleshing out romance. I'd love to have things like slow dancing back. I'd also love a more complex romance system like the way parenthood was fleshed out in Parenthood. As funny as it is that I can have one Sim marry another in a few interactions if they're both feeling flirty, I'd love if things like engagements felt a bit more earned.

My second most wanted would be more occults. Fairies, Werewolves, and Witches, oh my.

What about you guys?

Comments

• LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    I want a small pets pack so I can have my guinea pigs in the game.
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I want a small pets pack so I can have my guinea pigs in the game.

witches AND guinea pigs. those are really all I need in life. . .
    6riwm5.png
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I would say seasons, but I suspect that'll be an EP, so another holiday destination would be good, a beach world maybe.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    I'd love to see another life state pack, like witches or fairies. Maybe even another holiday location, Granite Falls is nice and all, but kind of lacking.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited November 2017
    Vacation GP.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • VraieVraie Posts: 196 Member
    edited November 2017
    I want University. But I want it as a GP not an EP so that it isn't an all encompassing theme that people complain about but just something that expands on the existing stuff. I feel they skipped out on it with Get To Work a little bit and while I am not obsessed with realism in the game, it does worry me that I have a sim who just graduated high school and is now dishing out medical treatment and diagnoses to patients in the hospital!

Otherwise I want Elders. I want something that expands on this life stage. Right now it is a waste of sim run time because they have no positive aspects, only negative ones. I want things like wills and wise advice to grandkids and all kinds of things like that. I posted about that in another thread though.

Not so fussed for seasons. I did like it in Sims 2 but I am a lazy builder and I have been known to put beds outside when I can't be bothered to build an extra room. It's harder to do that when there's a risk of snow or rain.

Not averse to more supernaturals but not huge on the idea of witches or fairies. Uncertain on werewolves depending on how they tackle it...

This isn't a whole pack thing, but I also miss the 'matchmaker' from Hot Date. That was always fun to play around with xD. I miss the random options for romance and so it would be nice to expand on some of those things in a GP. But University and Elder game pack content would be my first choices.

And still hoping that one day we get sim memories. Just because from Sims 2 I really miss being able to scroll through my sims' lives.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Romance would be amazing. That or fairies ;) I love fairies. My main fairy in Sims 3 was this super buff long-haired guy who wore big clunky doc martins. Who liked flowers.
  • AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    Vacation GP, either a tropical vacation or winter wonderland
    Also, in one of those surveys that were circling around, there was an idea of a fahion GP with designers,new careers, make overs... I quite liked that, it's something we haven't seen yet.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I want either Witches or a general Magic GP -- maybe a modernized Makin' Magic from the original Sims, with a mini-neighborhood like Forgotten Hollow to serve as Magic Town with competiton arenas and shops for magical ingredients and even some rides. That way you could have Aliens and Vampires who dabble in magic to supplement their own powers.

Second choice would be another vacation world -- Granite Falls is looking pretty lonely. Maybe something with an emphasis on photography since it's now been patched in for everyone.

Third choice would be an education related pack, though that might end up as an EP -- not just University but features that would improve edcation for all levels, including home schooling or something similar to the CL semi-active careers, where you can either go off to school or "study from home" by doing tasks like collecting frogs for BIology Lab, or interview an older Sim then write an essay. Something that wouldn't take super long so you'd have more time to work on skills or just do something fun.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited November 2017
    i'm praying hard for a love EP or GP...I think part of me would rather see it as a EP so it could cover:

Love EP/GP
    • weddings,
    • blind dates,
    • marriage counselors
    • Anniversaries/ Golden Anniversaries
    • bridal shower/bachelor party,
    • match making,
    • diverse dates that makes the player need to choose what date would best suit their sims' date
      • Fancy Dates: For sims that are "Snobs" and "Materialistic"
      • Fun Dates: for "Cheerful" and "Outgoing" sims
      • Sporty Dates: for "Active" sims
      • Quiet/Alone Date: for "Loner" sims

Arts and Crafts GP
    • New Item: sewing kit, gem maker
    • Careers/professions: Fashion, Jeweler, Florist
    • Fashion Designer can customize their own shirts, dresses, pants, skirts, etc. (it could work similar to the sims 2's sewing templates that separated itself from the actual ingame clothes and could add a sort of a custom CAO=create an outfit).
    • Jewlers can create custom made jewelry from gems, crystals and metals gathered around the place. From cheap rings to lavish engagement rings, to piercings etc.. Jewelers can make it all <3.
    • Florist can arrange the fresh flowers they grow (or the wild ones they see around) and sell them in beautiful bouquets or a single rose for those lovely intimate moments.

Ofcourse, I'm also hoping for a School GP, but that's another story lol. My other hope is the return of the Daycare profession too. But this time I really hope they would give us the option of buying a building for it if the profession does return.

Edit: Forgot a few things lol.
    Post edited by Dreamie209 on
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Gonedalf wrote: »
    For me, I'd love a game pack devoted to fleshing out romance. I'd love to have things like slow dancing back. I'd also love a more complex romance system like the way parenthood was fleshed out in Parenthood. As funny as it is that I can have one Sim marry another in a few interactions if they're both feeling flirty, I'd love if things like engagements felt a bit more earned.

My second most wanted would be more occults. Fairies, Werewolves, and Witches, oh my.

What about you guys?

Agree a game pack sentered around romance interactions mostly with some heart shaped content.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Another supernatural pack, preferably as good as the one we got already. Seasons would probably be an expansion. Probably.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
    edited November 2017
    A romance game pack would be so amazing. I would not want it as an EP as it's a specific theme, but a GP would be great.

It could have:

Build/buy content in frilly, hearty themes.
    New sleepwear
    New romantic interactions including slow dancing and standing makeout. And it could get rid of the stupid fistbump/highfive that sims give each other just before woohoo and replace it with the new makeout animation unless they're in a hottub or sauna where they're sitting -- then the old one would do.
    More couple things to do. Things like taking a walk together, cuddling when laying down, acting like a romantic couple when viewing the stars (Sims 3 had an adorable animation for that), spooning when sleeping in the same bed. It's kind of unreal that I'm asking for those types of animations in a game pack given that those were in previous iterations.

I think my want here is just more actual couple animations. If they were put into an EP with a broader theme, I'd also be happy.
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    I'd love an apartment (/terraced housing) GP.
    -- Build your own apartments!!
    -- Each has it's own lot traits, completely separate, families live in each one independently
    -- Bonus points if they're open, but could live with them being closed like CL.
    -- Would love if it included escalators and lifts (even if the lift animation is just being teleported)
    -- Some small build/buy objects (more one space desks, one space dining tables, etc.)
    -- Keep apartment gameplay from city living (annoying neighbours, etc.)
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Werewolves, I really really want more supernaturals, and especially werewolves
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Well I was going to mention seasons, someone already beat me to it but....
    I would love to see werewolves and witches. Though I think werewolves should have been added with Cats and Dogs.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Werewolves. We have pets, so that means they now have the assets for muzzles, tails, and pointy animal ears on hand, as well as a canine body shape template they can use for a full wolf form (optional extra shapeshifting ability for those of us who like that stuff), so let's hit it. A February release would be quite fitting too, since according to some folklore, werewolves are most dangerous during the month of February...(Yes, I'm that kind of werewolf fan. The one who's all up in the old lore.)
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Werewolves. We have pets, so that means they now have the assets for muzzles, tails, and pointy animal ears on hand, as well as a canine body shape template they can use for a full wolf form (optional extra shapeshifting ability for those of us who like that stuff), so let's hit it. A February release would be quite fitting too, since according to some folklore, werewolves are most dangerous during the month of February...(Yes, I'm that kind of werewolf fan. The one who's all up in the old lore.)

And they can use the system with powers and weaknesses that they set up for vampires as a template to do something similar for werewolves
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Gonedalf wrote: »

What about you guys?

me to its one of the things I want the most and I can't wait to see what they do with other occults @Gondulf
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Singer GP
    edited November 2017
    One other game pack idea though it would probably be better as a stuff pack -- mansions. Give me spiral and L and U shaped stairs. Better roof patterns. More carpets and more interesting marble and wood patterns. Both elegant traditional and ultra modern interiors. Since there are already butlers and maids and gardeners, hmmmm, I don't know, maybe high end automobiles. Then toss some junkers in as well just because.

Edit: Wait! Instead of cars, they could put in resorts. That would go with the theme, both in decor and luxurious living.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Romance or Vacationsfor me. I agree with the ideas for romance that have been suggested. I agree about wanting a "Parenthood approach" to adding depth to love and relationships in the game. Yes, it would be great to see more reactions, more varied outcomes and frankly sometimes unrequited or one-sided levels of romance. That would make it more complex and more rewarding for the sims who get things to last.

I agree about golden anniversaries and some interesting ideas for elders.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    University and Witches are two things I want most. Hogwarts School and town even would be tons of fun for me anyway.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited December 2017
    *Romance (possibly called Wedding Day). Romance interactions, dating/online dating, picnic system, wedding stuff, add-in of recognizing on-laws and extended family, pre-wedding events, holiday, a vacation spot.

*Vacation pack, preferably something island/beach related. Hopefully we get to run our own resorts!

*Back to School - toddlers (daycare), elementary, junior, and high school. Maybe this can introduce preteens (similar to how YAs were introduced to University, except they would only be played with in and out of school in that pack). Hopefully this will have a university EP following.

*Sports and Recreation - enough said! We need more to do!

*Celebrity/Superstar style GP. I really want more instruments and the ability to form bands!

With any of these, I hope this brings more aspirations and careers.
    Post edited by asouthernwriter on
  • KclovesthatboiKclovesthatboi Posts: 1 New Member
    I personally would love a parrot pack! I’m a bird lover. I think we should have different breed cockatoos; macaws; and so much more!