Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's the point of having robot vacuum cleaners if...

2...Next

Comments

• LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Wow. Must be a glitch then? My vacuum works great. I set it to clean and it gets everything. Just put it in my vet clinic.

Same here. Does a good job - but to be fair I have zero CC or mods, don't use moo or any cheats, and have upgraded the vacuum.

I don't have any CC currently in my game, took the folder out to upload to the gallery before the patch and haven't added it back yet. I don't use mods either. Any CC I have is eyes, skin, hair and clothes. Haven't upgraded the vacuum yet either.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Yelleb wrote: »
    ...they don't actually clean anything?! Seriously! My vet clinic is a mess and one of my vets constantly has to stop treating animals so he can mop up puddles of puke. Who thought that adding roombas just so cats could ride on them was a good idea?

bME1BF1.png

I miss the vacuum cleaner from the sims 2 ps2.
    You could clean up flooded rooms or ash from large house fires in seconds.

None of the PC games got this item :(

Would love this item in the sims 4 to clean up puddles and ashes like you could in that ps2 version.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    @Yelleb I just noticed in your pic that it's mostly puddles. The vacuums only pick up dry things like hairballs and trash until you upgrade them for liquids so that's definitely the issue.
  • MettsenMettsen Posts: 185 Member
    edited November 2017
    Yelleb wrote: »
    They do clean, but until you upgrade you have to click on them and select "start cleaning routine" for them to clean. After you upgrade it a time or two then it will become automatic.

I already know that you have to click on them and tell them to start their cleaning routine. The thing is that they don't ever clean anything. I understand upgrading them so they can be more efficient, but I feel like they should still clean at least some messes up "right out of the box." Like, in real life, I wouldn't buy a vacuum cleaner that required me to upgrade it in order for it to do what it's supposed to do.
    as other stated you have to upgrade the vacuum. If you have mods or cc many broke the game so check that issue too

I took everything out and my roomba still didn't pick anything up. Guess I have no other choice but to upgrade my $500 vacuum that doesn't vacuum.

I have a new vet clinic and my Sim hasn't upgraded her handiness skill yet, so anything she buys is out of the box. She bought a roomba (the more expensive one) for the clinic and it cleans both puddles and vomit. Sometimes it will clean 4 vomits in one go and other times it will leave a few messes and go back to the docking station. All that to say that the expensive roomba WILL clean messes without being upgraded by your SIM.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top