Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 logic vs real life

AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
edited March 8 in Nominated Threads
I love the logic in the sims series. What are some things that sims can do, but you could never get away with in real life?
This should be fun. Share your ideas and have a laugh!

I'll start us off.
  1. Using the 'make silly face' interaction to a complete stranger. They will think you are crazy.
  2. If you have high job performance, you can just skip a day at work. Your performance will drop, but if high enough, that is ok.
  3. Spend your whole day at work talking to your coworkers. (My sims are guilty of this one).
  4. Having a perfectly clutter-free house. (My houses are immaculate!)
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    edited November 2017
    Not really "logic" but in Sims 3, evidently you can make a really good living off the "arts"... there are no "starving artists" in Sims 3. :cry: vs. Real Life = "You leech on society...go get a REAL JOB!"

In fact, art is so much an intrinsic part of Sims 3, you'll find every Sim trying to become an artist. :( ~sigh~ ...if only...
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • td998td998 Posts: 358 Member
    You get pregnant the first time you try for baby and 3 days later your belly is huge.
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    When you throw a party, there will always be some uninvited people, who you never even met before.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Newcomers in the sims too close to aging up get their ages reset by MC to the start of the YA stage.It's not happening in real life because you'll need to win a lotto jackpot of 50million$ to be able to afford to catch up to where you should be in life.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited November 2017
    Having your wife/girlfriend be cool with you completely ignoring her on a date at a festival while you spend 8 hours slow dancing with every girl but her.

Good one!
    Another favorite of mine

You walk in on your roommate showering in completely obscured frosted glass shower and her way to get rid of you....

Step out give you a full on nakey frontal and tell you to leave

That will teach ya,yupp I learned my lesson,won't happen again. :smirk:

Totally logical lol!
    Not really "logic" but in Sims 3, evidently you can make a really good living off the "arts"... there are no "starving artists" in Sims 3. :cry: vs. Real Life = "You leech on society...go get a REAL JOB!"

In fact, art is so much an intrinsic part of Sims 3, you'll find every Sim trying to become an artist. :( ~sigh~ ...if only...
    I always thought society is mean to artists. We all could use a little art. Same logic goes to how sims could write books and make a ton of money or make a lot of money playing music in the park.

igazor wrote: »

You are using a computer that is in need of upgraded graphics and choose to express your frustration by repeatedly banging your face into the keyboard. As everyone knows, that feels really good and will help immensely.

Your idea of a tremendously fun afternoon is spending it in a skimpy swimsuit running through the sprinklers in the middle of winter.
    Oh no. Don't catch a cold. Lol. If my computer is slow, I should just whack it with a hammer. That is one of my favorite sim logics.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited November 2017
    Went and found an example for you all so you do not think I am crazy from my earlier post.A good read for you.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/87936/great-garfield-car-window-toy-craze

Neat huh :p Sims 3 spares no details.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Lol, I never saw the coffee :D
    (needless to say I’m having a blast with this topic)
    5JZ57S6.png
    Going to a neighbor's lot and then sitting in his chair, using his pool, harvesting his garden, etc. Without consent of the homeowner.
  • sleepysauraussleepysauraus Posts: 3 New Member
    The fact that random people stop by when you move in, introduce themselves, and then take the liberty of going through your fridge.

Side note on the topic of sims 3 and details, has anyone else noticed that Bob Ross is on the side of the face painting tent at the festival?
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    Going to a neighbor's lot and then sitting in his chair, using his pool, harvesting his garden, etc. Without consent of the homeowner.

The harvesting the garden might lead to your sim being accused of being a burglar.

Years ago now, I had a sim family and I moved the children out when they grew up. They'd all worked hard to build up the garden in their back yard. After I'd moved them out I realised they'd have to start from scratch again and I decided he should drop in at his parents' home and do a bit of harvesting just to give him a start in his own garden.

Well, I'd put a burglar alarm outside, which is what I normally do, and when my active sim, their son, entered their yard with the intention of harvesting a bit of their produce the alarm went off. I had to forget about that plan.
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    If there is a crying baby or toddler on the sidewalk/floor/burried in the snow, you are not allowed to do anything about it, unless you are friends with the kiddo´s family.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Karritz wrote: »

The harvesting the garden might lead to your sim being accused of being a burglar.

Years ago now, I had a sim family and I moved the children out when they grew up. They'd all worked hard to build up the garden in their back yard. After I'd moved them out I realised they'd have to start from scratch again and I decided he should drop in at his parents' home and do a bit of harvesting just to give him a start in his own garden.

Well, I'd put a burglar alarm outside, which is what I normally do, and when my active sim, their son, entered their yard with the intention of harvesting a bit of their produce the alarm went off. I had to forget about that plan.

When I moved the adult children out to their new home, I forgot to grab the fruits and veggies from the fridge too. But when I went back to visit mom and dad, the game would not let my sims harvest from their garden. (shrug)
    They had a burglar alarm too, but it didnt go off. I visited during the day. :)
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    Well if you pay attention to the details the chance of alien invading from another planet with cat car window stick on's and a cup of Starbucks in the cup holder are highly illogical.

qdKZbmr.jpg

Now some intersting stuff for simmers,that stick on is based off a Garfield car toys for windows.They were hugely popular and got to a point where it was so big that peoples vehicles were being broken into just to get them.Leaving valuables like purses money etc behind.Real stuff not making this up.

These

U6ewi8b.jpg

@CravenLestat This is an interesting story. Is that alien ship actually a screenshot from the sims? I don't have that EP, so I wouldn't know. I love those crazy extra details the sims puts in their objects. I've always loved the freezer bunny and the obsession with llamas.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top