Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Sim Self" frustrations!!!

Comments

• PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    My only problem w/ making a simself is that EA considered Glasses as an "unnecessary" item for work so when my simself goes to work she has to you know leave her glasses behind. If I did that in real life I probably trip over my feet

@MadameLee , I hear ya! I wear glasses too! And if whoever at EA decided glasses were "unnecessary" would spend one day with our vision and they would add glasses to the work uniforms (for Sims that wear them for the other outfits) in a blink of an eye! :D
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Face wise I think I get it right, but never the body. Needs to be shorter.
  • VidChVidCh Posts: 3 New Member
    I can make myself. Try using some CC, It's way more realistic.
  • VidChVidCh Posts: 3 New Member
    But still is super hard to nail it.
  • AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    I've never made myself as a Sim, but I can see myself getting really stressed out about it.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    PugLove888 wrote: »
    My only problem w/ making a simself is that EA considered Glasses as an "unnecessary" item for work so when my simself goes to work she has to you know leave her glasses behind. If I did that in real life I probably trip over my feet

@MadameLee , I hear ya! I wear glasses too! And if whoever at EA decided glasses were "unnecessary" would spend one day with our vision and they would add glasses to the work uniforms (for Sims that wear them for the other outfits) in a blink of an eye! :D

Well I only need my glasses to mostly see far away since for some reason it helps me balance. Before I had glasses I would fall down often
    6adMCGP.gif
  • simgamesimgame Posts: 538 Member
    I think it has something to do with how symmetrical your face is. Celebrities are usually easier to make cause their faces are more symmetrical imo
  • herdarkpassengerherdarkpassenger Posts: 105 Member
    I've made my Sim self and then my husband went and made both of us on his save... he looks like him! But idk what version of me he has in mind. It was hilarious the outfit he put me in and didn't do any make-up. It's the ruffly baby blue dress with white toms and some chunky bracelet. Bless him.

I don't think my Sim self I made looks too much like me, granted I was basing it off of high school me. The hair is green, but the wrong shade (I had uh, puke green) and I made my tummy stick out more than it actually does. Overall I gave myself more weight than I do have. But I'm also not as short as I should be, which always trips me out when I make my family since me and my mom are the shortest. I was super proud of the Sim I made of my sister though!
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I made myself in ts3 and it was SO accurate. I didnt even spend so long on it but for some reason the tools were there.
    In ts4.. no success. I have to admit that i didnt really try it so serious yet, but im sure ts3 had better tools in some way. Maybe it just worked out better for my face xD

I advice you to put a front and side picture of yourself side of your screen on your phone or play in laptop modus so you can half the screen :)
    Also if you feel you are starting to lack in creating, close the game and give it another try the next day. You can suddenly see other details to improve that u did not notice before.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Kim5496Kim5496 Posts: 1,261 Member

You can edit your work uniform with the cheat sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas
    That way you can just add glasses real quick. :)

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    Kim5496 wrote: »

but you have to do it *every* time the sim has promotion..unlike if EA..just let the simselves wear it to work..it could be w/ promtions
    6adMCGP.gif
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    I found it pretty easy to create my simself in both TS3 and TS4...TS4 was probably easier. My Avi here is my simself. Yeah, there are going to be some differences in regards to pixel look vs RL, but otherwise pretty good.
  • grassharpgrassharp Posts: 70 Member
    I know they've explained the reason for making all of the sims the same height--but I still wish there was a height slider. :) I think that's what most affects my simself--otherwise, it's pretty spot-on.
  • AshFelicisAshFelicis Posts: 13 New Member
    I was best able to recreate myself in the Sims 3, which was almost exactly what I look like in real life. Sims 2 was more cartoony and Sims 4 is waaaaay more cute this time around.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited November 2017
    Oh! Also!! EYEBROWS.

Mine are nearly transparent irl??? I've seen none of that, neither as CC or in the game itself. I guess I'll let this one pass, having to use stronger eyebrows isn't all that much of a problem.

On the other hand, there are not nearly enough maxis-match mid-parted medium short hairstyles around. You know, with bangs like this: /\
    That's just how my hair naturally falls, and nobody cares enough to make it?

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    edited November 2017
    I have found that there is not enough movement allowance and areas to move to get things super-accurate. I did the best I could with my avi but she still doesn't look tremendously like me. There are also not enough options for skin blemishes, moles, freckles, lines etc if you need to add any of those.

Edit: also hair is a nightmare. Not enough shades, no options for natural highlights or bits of grey.
  • loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member
    I often use my "simself" in game, even though only their appearance is created after me because they usually end up being different characters with a personality that's different than mine (often evil!). The biggest frustration i face when trying to recreate my appearance in CAS is with hair and eyes colors. I have light brown/dark blonde hair (depending on the light), which nothing in the game is even remotely close to (I usually use the darker blonde tone but still, it's very light). And my eyes are a greyish blue/green, and once again, there is no blue/green nor grey (the color that looks grey in the palette is actually more greenish). So, yeah.
    Apart from that, I also face the usual "nothing looks like my hairstyle" and "those legs are way too long!" problems, though they don't bother me as much.

Well I only need my glasses to mostly see far away since for some reason it helps me balance. Before I had glasses I would fall down often

@MadameLee , wow! :o I can see why you want to wear glasses all the time! :# For me it is just so everything doesn't look incredibly blurry. :p I'm pretty nearsighted with some astigmatism in my left eye. If I try to read with my glasses off, I have to close my left eye. I would be unable to drive or even watch TV without my glasses or some type of corrective lenses. (Plus it helps since my husband has always been attracted to women with glasses! :D<3;) I'm living proof that at least some guys really do make passes at girls who wear glasses! <3 )
    Kim5496 wrote: »

@Kim5496 , thanks for the tip! :) I never thought of trying the cheat! :D I got used to how in TS3 we could alter some of our work outfits (I'd always add socks and jewelry and glasses.)
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I've had the hardest time trying to create my simself. (AV is my simself) The CAS sliders are a but limited to me so had to reach out and grab a few mods so I could since my face is different. I've used mirrors and some images of myself just to get my eyes right. >.<
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• PinkWorldPinkWorld Posts: 65 Member
    I've tried a couple times.. but no luck. They never end up resembling me - and I want that. Just a Sim that resembles me - doesn't have to be an copy.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    What's funny is when you spend hours on your sim self and the SIms team makes a sim that looks more like you than what you created. lol
    The sim from Backyard stuff looks so much like me except my skin is fairer...
    uHapoRm.jpg
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    mariah6194 wrote: »
    So I'm sure we've all made ourselves in the sims. Well, I've attempted to make my sim self many, many times and can never get her to look just right! For starters, I'm a huge perfectionist when it comes to making a sim that is supposed to be a real person. And especially if it's my sim self, I mean it's gotta be identical. I'll spend HOURS tweaking every last little thing on the face, show someone who knows me, and hear "oh, that looks nothing like you." :neutral: It drives me crazy! I think the part that frustrates me the most and leaves me unsatisfied even with a sim that RESEMBLES myself is that I know CAS will allow me to make myself to the T, with all of the customization and whatnot, so it's like I absolutely have to get it right!

Does anyone else find it insanely difficult to make yourself?!

Your not a Sim cartoon, your human. So forgive yourself and be happy, that's the Sim you. I understand, when your pretty real you want your Sim self or avatar to be as pretty. Sometimes you can and sometimes not. just remember they are not a real image of you. it's a cartoon look, No matter how great CAS is not making humans. (So try to use make up and Some CC may help if you do not mind using CC, the look can be a lot better.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited November 2017
    Sims are cartoony caricatures. Exaggerated features are fine. The usual sim I make does have slightly larger/smaller/etc. features than what is considered realistic, which is fine, sims do exaggerated stuff all the time anyway and it would probably be quite jarring to see a photo-realistic sim do it instead anyway.

My point is, don't be afraid to exaggerate at least some of your features. Even one feature. It might just look more like you as a sim than any mirror or selfie-referenced sim would.

(Or, I guess, if all your sims are already photorealistic anyway thanks to you doing faces in realistic human proportions with dozens of alpha CC installed, welp, good luck having your self sim match your other sims in such a style. Best of luck with that.)

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr