Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are TS2 or TS3 Sims Smarter than TS4 Sims?

Comments

• Options
    PuffyPuffy Posts: 393 Member
    Feliciaox wrote: »
    Sims 2 first, then Sims 3 and last Sims 4

More than agree ....
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Puffy wrote: »
    Sims 2 first, then Sims 3 and last Sims 4

More than agree ....
    I agree more than you... :p
  • Options
    HaitakaHaitaka Posts: 289 Member
    I don't want to know how dumb they will be in TS5 *jk* :D
    tumblr_inline_nwa6au39531rd9om8_500.gif

Alone in the darkness, it's so cold and crazy
    And everybody’s heartless,
    got no one to save me
    But f it imma be all right, wake up and rise
  • Options
    ElokaEloka Posts: 184 Member
    I have to say sims 2. Above and beyond sims 2.
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    for my own experience is pretty obvious the AI in sims 4 is one of the worst, then based on what i read from peoples toward sims 2(which i don't have or played) then yes both sims 2 and sims 3 are superior about "smart" than sims 4, which are just more "silly but with a poor coded AI which really make then terrible in that area.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    The Sims 3 Sims were smarter. In The Sims 4 they just try to multitask way too much. They poop while eating to poop more. That's not smart.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    missmani09missmani09 Posts: 692 Member
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    then based on what i read from peoples toward sims 2(which i don't have or played)
    I always have this ache in my heart for simmers who haven't played TS2 before. :(
    Toddlers are FINALLY HERE!!!
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    missmani09 wrote: »
    then based on what i read from peoples toward sims 2(which i don't have or played)
    I always have this ache in my heart for simmers who haven't played TS2 before. :(
    Don't ;) Sims 3 was brand new for me and I didn't miss a single thing because of that, everything they added had a wow! awesome! factor, not a 'yeah, duh, finally' factor.. Since it suits me better than 2 I think that was a blessing.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Don't ;) Sims 3 was brand new for me and I didn't miss a single thing because of that, everything they added had a wow! awesome! factor, not a 'yeah, duh, finally' factor.. Since it suits me better than 2 I think that was a blessing.
    Agreed I'm not sure how I would feel if I went in order but by going from Sims 1 to Sims 3 it worked out just fine for me. As a person wanting to go into animation it was pretty much a dream come true to watch my creations come to life.
    I do plan on giving Sims 2 a chance I've seen many great things about it.
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    well to be fair, if i could have a chance of play sims 2 nowdays probably i could ending bored, not because of the gameplay but because of the "load screen aspect" which is one of the strong aspect which make me stop play sims 4, i really can't handle it, have to endure load screns many times if i want to move trought the game.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    well to be fair, if i could have a chance of play sims 2 nowdays probably i could ending bored, not because of the gameplay but because of the "load screen aspect" which is one of the strong aspect which make me stop play sims 4, i really can't handle it, have to endure load screns many times if i want to move trought the game.
    Interesting. @Ellessarr
    Actually, I don't mind load screens in TS2 simply because
    there are cars and when your sims get into a vehicle,
    you have a sense that your sim is GOING somewhere, hence the load screen.
    Then when your sim arrives at their destination, they get out of their car or taxi.
    That is more realistic to me.
    I think that you should give TS2 a try.
    You may just fall in love with it and reconsider its' load screens being a deal breaker. :)
    In TS4, your sims just disappear and then re-appear. Now* THAT bugs me.
    I would have been satisfied if part of the neighborhood was an open world* because honestly,
    TS3 open world was just too much in my opinion.
    It took forever to load and it LAGGED horribly.
    Even on my new computer.
    I must admit tho, in both TS2 & TS4, loading screens are VERY fast.
    Well for me they are. I consider myself to have a pretty great computer.
    (Even though my bf cracked my screen and I'm forced to hook my laptop onto my TV screen. But that's neither here nor* there )

I'm rambling now.

But I guess that's the difference in all Simmer's play styles. I just wish TS4 would have been able to accommodate all play styles. Sigh.

*edited typo
    Post edited by missmani09 on
  • Options
    But at least there's more things to do at home, and then when you do go to a community lot there's always tons of sims there. And there's a lot of other things like missmani said. :)
  • Options
    @Astro, your siggy scares me. :s
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    edited June 2015
    I don't want to know how dumb they will be in TS5 *jk* :D

I would say this dumb:

?u=http%3A%2F%2F1.bp.blogspot.com%2F-xZox_VFraC4%2FUP_iqYDXl8I%2FAAAAAAAACh0%2FiYcrpbmx7e0%2Fs400%2FGeorge-Bush-Funny.gif_thumb.jpg&f=1

But they don't even 'have' landlines any more.

As for the OP, TS2 > TS3 > TS1 > TS4
    raw
  • Options
    @Astro, your siggy scares me. :s
    Your welcome. :)
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Agreed I'm not sure how I would feel if I went in order but by going from Sims 1 to Sims 3 it worked out just fine for me. As a person wanting to go into animation it was pretty much a dream come true to watch my creations come to life.
    I do plan on giving Sims 2 a chance I've seen many great things about it.
    Yes, I play it (love they gave me the opportunity when they gifted the UC) and it's fun.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Interesting. @Ellessarr
    Actually, I don't mind load screens in TS2 simply because
    there are cars and when your sims get into a vehicle,
    you have a sense that your sim is GOING somewhere, hence the load screen.
    Then when your sim arrives at their destination, they get out of their car or taxi.
    That is more realistic to me.
    I think that you should give TS2 a try.
    You may just fall in love with it and reconsider its' load screens being a deal breaker. )
    In TS4, your sims just disappear and then re-appear. Not THAT bugs me.
    I would have been satisfied if part of the neighborhood was an open word because honestly,
    TS3 open world was just too much in my opinion.
    It took forever to load and it LAGGED horribly.
    Even on my new computer.
    I must admit tho, in both TS2 & TS4, loading screens are VERY fast.
    Well for me they are. I consider myself to have a pretty great computer.
    (Even though my bf cracked my screen and I'm forced to hook my laptop onto my TV screen. But that's neither here no there )

I'm rambling now.

But I guess that's the difference in all Simmer's play styles. I just wish TS4 would have been able to accommodate all play styles. Sigh.
    I agree concerning the loading screens, they don't really bother me in 2 because of the reasons you mention (and because I know it was Sims 3's predecessor). Nothing beats open world for me though, but lagging and freezing never was a real problem in my game I must add. There was freezing a bit when I travelled on my old computer, but not on my new (three and a half years old now).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    pinkpuppy12pinkpuppy12 Posts: 71 Member
    edited June 2015
    When my sim in TS4 stops going upstairs to eat his breakfast at the desk in his daughter's bedroom when there is a breakfast bar, dining table, and couch along the way is when I will think the sims in this game are smarter.

Until then my vote is for TS2.
    tumblr_nd5dlgfEcF1tx5stvo4_500.gif
    <center></center>
  • Options
    DoritoEvieDoritoEvie Posts: 1,887 Member
    The Sims 3 Sims are the stupidest I've encountered so far... Even the Sims 1 sims were smarter than them, and they would complain and not do something when they didn't feel like it - they'd even tell you with a pop-up saying "I don't feel well enough to do _______ right now"
    tumblr_nbwr2zn6951qhv4h7o8_250.giftumblr_mg2bcqeUgc1rthmb0o1_500.gif

• Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    edited June 2015
    I'd go as far as to say that TS4 sims are the du­mbest of them all.

Yes I'd agree that all sims do du­mb things: TS1 sims would shout and scream about a fire while standing right next to it, TS2 sims had a habit of leaving baby bottles, used nappies and coffee cups all over the place, something that continued into TS3 (the cups thing, but now with added sprinkler addiction, literary disarray and pathing problems).

But TS4 sims, do a much larger variety of du­mb things much more frequently:

As has been mentioned, travelling across the house to eat food, read a book or wash dishes when there's a perfectly good place very nearby.
    Playing on the motion gaming rig to the point where all of their stats drop into the red.
    Playing musical chairs while in a conversation.
    Getting up to hug someone while they're eating dinner because a person walks into the room and says hi.
    Drowning their sorrows in juice, milk or anything else drinkable.
    Making tea and then never drinking any.
    Sleeping in the wrong beds.
    Randomly ignoring critical emotional events (death, betrayal, ETC)
    Leaving books everywhere... AGAIN.
    Ignoring the food placed in front of them at the table and grabbing a fresh plate.

TS3 sims weren't my favourites (primarily because of their lack of emotion and robotic behaviour) but at least they weren't THIS stupid.
    Post edited by Evil_One on
    raw
  • Options
    edaercangs96edaercangs96 Posts: 214 Member
    TS4 > TS2 > TS3
  • Options
    TS4 > TS2 > TS3
    TS4 sims are dumber than TS2 sims than TS3 sims you mean? Meh, I think TS2 and TS3 sims are equally smart. I agree about the TS4 sims.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    So I am rising this from the dead.

Have opinions changed? Which Sims are "smarter" now that TS4 has been with us for quite some time now.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    TS2>TS3>TS4
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I recently played Sims 2 again and I have to say I was so impressed with how the sims seemed most intelligent of the series. I almost forgot how complex they were. My main gripe was that the motives dropped pretty fast. I definitely think Sims 2 sims act the smartest of the series. That is a shame. We are on the fourth iteration. We should have the smartest of them all!