Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Celebrities Do You Want to See in a New Superstar EP?

Comments

• NikNakNikNak Posts: 302 Member
    If they added the Kardashians, I think I would be done with this series. Not joking.
  • AstreonAstreon Posts: 1,291 Member
    None. I prefer the Sims world to be separate from reality. If I wanted celebrities I rather they be my own creations and have a feature in the game that can actually turn them into real celebrities (via career, traits, whatever). If Maxis creates their own original sims considered as celebrities in the sim world that’s okay with me too.

Celebrity career plz :D Career Branches: Singer or Actor/Actress
  • KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    Nicki Minaj, Rihanna, and Beyoncé. That way we could get a hip hop and R&B stations.

NICKI MINAJ NICKI MINAJ NICKI MINAJ

AND THEM TOO
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• simlandersimlander Posts: 196 Member
    edited November 2017
    Movotti wrote: »

But whos celebrities?
    The ones you want, or the ones I want?
    I want to be able to control the sorts of celebs my game has. I don't want them restricted to one neighbour hood. I want them to be the people I want in my game.

Celebs need to be player created (gallery included). Not everyone wants seppo celebs.
    I'm sure there's players in india who would like to have bollywood start as their celebs. Maybe there's people in S.korea who want Kpop stars as their celebs. Maybe there are aussies who want their cricketing/footy legends, and dame Edna.
    And even those who do want yanks, some want old hollywood, others want newer. It makes far more sense to let the players control the types of celebs their game contains

To be honest I didn't really think about it that far... I'm not sure what I would want in my game. With having them "restricted" to neighbourhoods I meant that you wouldn't have superstars casually walking past your Newcrest home. The idea is probably too complicated for the game anyways. But at least it would be cool to have a superstar career like someone was talking about - that way you can play your favourite celeb (or even yourself) and work their way up the fame ladder.

OR it could be the highest level for some careers and you'd gain access to locked features like being able to purchase a 'Bel Lake' home and attend red carpet parties after you've reached the top of the Musician, Athletic or a Movie Star career, for example.

Anyways we're all just fantazing about what we'd like to be added to the game!
  • zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    I'd be fine with fictional versions of real life legends, in the way that Roaring Heights had sims that were of the same ilk of their real life counterparts (i.e. Bonnie and Clyde). I'm not here for Youtubers or whoever is currently on anyone's radar as I find faces like that don't age well in a game that (if TS2 is any indication) will be played for decades.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    simlander wrote: »
    [
    OR it could be the highest level for some careers and you'd gain access to locked features like being able to purchase a 'Bel Lake' home and attend red carpet parties after you've reached the top of the Musician, Athletic or a Movie Star career, for example.

Thats a pretty good idea. It'd make the top levels of careers much more interesting. And it could be for the top of all careers.
    Ha, celebrity chefs. My game would be full of them.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • YvinatorEliteYvinatorElite Posts: 97 Member
    Some of you really have good suggestions on how you would like to see celebrities in the sims 4!
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited November 2017
    I just need a fame system. Regardless of celebrities. Im dying over here for it. I cant play Sims 3 because its cruel and unusual punishment for my laptop and fame doesnt exist in Sims 2. I cannot have my royal sims go on forever not being fawned over by their subjects.
    I mean really. Who has their freaking queen walk by them and nobody reacts. Who i ask you? Nobody thats who lmao
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • HugoBeeHugoBee Posts: 36 Member
    Penny Pizzazz's sister? Her family? She's the rich, 'famous' townie in City Living, but her family could be the new iconic famous family for Sims 4! On a more silly note, what about some obvious mockery of the Kardashians just for the lols. Like a big 🐸🐸🐸🐸 sim family whose talent is selfies, eating reeses pieces and stacking oreos in jars.
  • ElleysimsElleysims Posts: 133 Member
    > @somethingstellar said:
    > I just need a fame system. Regardless of celebrities. Im dying over here for it. I cant play Sims 3 because its cruel and unusual punishment for my laptop and fame doesnt exist in Sims 2. I cannot have my royal sims go on forever not being fawned over by their subjects.
    > I mean really. Who has their freaking queen walk by them and nobody reacts. Who i ask you? Nobody thats who lmao

I'd like a fame system also but not so crazy like in Sims 3 where everyone becomes celebrities. Maybe make it so there are set celebrities and then your sim can become a celebrity but not regular townies unless you play them.

I'd like cute sim celebrities though. I don't care to much for real celebrities.
    HugoBee wrote: »
    Penny Pizzazz's sister? Her family? She's the rich, 'famous' townie in City Living, but her family could be the new iconic famous family for Sims 4! On a more silly note, what about some obvious mockery of the Kardashians just for the lols. Like a big plum sim family whose talent is selfies, eating reeses pieces and stacking oreos in jars.

OMG This would be Amazing!!!!!! Penny Pizzazz could easily be inspired by Kim Kardashian, and it would give the sims a great opportunity to add another crazy family to the game like the Caliente's
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    How about a HOLLYWOOD EP? A pack dedicated to celebrities and all the stuff that they have in their life.

There would be a new world, HOLLYWOODLAND (the original sign in California to advertise a new housing development). There would be beautiful gated mansions, fancy restaurants, an expensive shopping district and entertainment celebrity lounges where they go to relax (but really be seen).

There could be a STAR career. Acting, comedy, singing, etc.
    Paparazzi's to photo document your sims rise (or fall) in the entertainment world.
    You could hire an agent that sends your sim to auditions or red carpet events or meet and greets with fans. (you never see your agent in person, you're lucky to get them on the phone).

There could be a celebrity stylist career that handles stars clothes and/or hair.

They could bring back Plumbob Movie Studio where our sims go to climb the ladder of success. And Studio Town for relaxing.

Make it a combination of the best parts of S1 Superstar and S3 Showtime.
    I'd like to see all jobs having some sort of celebrity at the top of their career path.

Music and comedy are pretty obvious for gaining celebrity status.
    They could make a return of the slacker career, with the top of it being professional party guest. And there you have your celebrities who are famous for no real reason.
    Those at the top of the culinary career are celebrity chef and celebrity mixologist.
    The social media career is a pretty obvious route to fame.
    Pretty much all of the careers would work for having your sim enter a celebrity system when they reach the top.
    Even DJing and Dancing could lead to celebrity status.

And with the clubs system, there's already a way to organise your celebrities. After all, what is fame, but a sort of club?

• BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I have sims of David Bowie, Freddy Mercury and Matt Bellamy, all gallery sims, and while the devs are good, these sims are so realistic looking I doubt the devs could do better.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • simlandersimlander Posts: 196 Member

Thats a pretty good idea. It'd make the top levels of careers much more interesting. And it could be for the top of all careers.

Thinking about this now actually makes me excited!
    I honestly haven't had a single sim reach the top of their career in Sims 4. It was so easy in Sims 2 but I don't know if it's too hard now or if I'm just too lazy to actually try :sweat_smile: Maybe Rose the Celebrity Crimelord would help me gain some interest in following through with my sims' careers!
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    I'd like to see all jobs having some sort of celebrity at the top of their career path.

They could make a return of the slacker career, with the top of it being professional party guest. And there you have your celebrities who are famous for no real reason.
    Those at the top of the culinary career are celebrity chef and celebrity mixologist.
    Pretty much all of the careers would work for having your sim enter a celebrity system when they reach the top.

And with the clubs system, there's already a way to organise your celebrities. After all, what is fame, but a sort of club?

The Paragons are a bit like that anyway lmao I cant take their snobbery very seriously if nobody knows who they even are. Its like, who are you? You matter why? Lets see how hot you are when you've aged up and look like a Crumplebottom.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    I second the idea of them adding internet personalities. Youtubers for example, would make sense considering we already have a Social Media career. Seems to me they're better received than a lot of today's A-listers to be honest, lol.

Ewww no!
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    edited November 2017
    I would really like a NPC Anna Wintour Sim heading the fashion district and kicking untalented sims off the runway. And an NPC equivalent for the recording studio, photoshoots and TV/movie set directors. I really liked how mean Studio Town sims were in Superstar, it was really funny.

Agree that it should be very hard to become a celebrity and not have randoms being celebrities. Also, no to real life celebrities unless they're classic hollywood: Marilyn Monroe, Charlie Chaplin, Elvis, etc. Those would be timeless in a TS4 studio town. I also wish we could have one or two talk shows sims could go on to promote their movies or perform their latest hits?
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    I have sims of David Bowie, Freddy Mercury and Matt Bellamy, all gallery sims, and while the devs are good, these sims are so realistic looking I doubt the devs could do better.

I'll have to look up David Bowie and Freddie Mercury on the gallery now!

The Paragons are a bit like that anyway lmao I cant take their snobbery very seriously if nobody knows who they even are. Its like, who are you? You matter why? Lets see how hot you are when you've aged up and look like a Crumplebottom.

Yeah, they should all be slacker or social media career types. Give them the five minutes of fame that they crave.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    I would be up for blatant sim parodies (like Sims 3 did), but not actual simselves. That'd be a bit too much.
  • simgamesimgame Posts: 538 Member
    I wouldn’t really like real life celebrities to be in it, I would like families to be based on them tho. Like a family based on the Kardashians. Or Maybe they can add children of previous celebrities like Junipiter Belle (Son of Lola Belle from ts3)
  • AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    I don't want real life celebs, I'd like to see sims version of some fictional characters from literature, movies or TV shows.
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    edited December 2017
    I don't need them, they were annoying and not in any way fun in Sims 3., not even a little bit.
    The Devs should just ignore them if you ask me and focus more on stuff the Game actually needs, like more Occults, Seasons, more destination worlds... I could probably go on with the List for decades.
    Fame and Celebs is really low on my list. Even lower then time travel, zombies (and they SUCKED LIKE HELL in Sims 3) or a military career.
    If people need such a thing, let them create their own ones or download them from the gallery
    And limit it so NOT EVERY SINGLE SIM IN THE ENTIRE GAME IS A SUPERFAMOUS SUPERSTAR WITH 987542Z3405234985730948572398457 OSCARS!!!!!!!

(Removed Profanity and derogatory terms)
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
    simlander wrote: »

Thinking about this now actually makes me excited!
    I honestly haven't had a single sim reach the top of their career in Sims 4. It was so easy in Sims 2 but I don't know if it's too hard now or if I'm just too lazy to actually try :sweat_smile: Maybe Rose the Celebrity Crimelord would help me gain some interest in following through with my sims' careers!

I would like this as well! It could be similar to the famous DJ thing from Get Together but more expanded!