Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Here is my idea for a The Sims Remaster.

DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
I think the game should be re-released on Origin and Disk and just be Graphics and performance improvements, it will still be in 2D isometric, but you can zoom in and out with the scroll wheel, and the game will have amazing clarity and detail, it would also work on modern computers and computers to come, it would be a complete collection.

The next part of my idea is for those, like me, who want other things to be done, a large Expansion pack or two would be perfect, it would have:
1. Updated Create a Sim with an in detail mode, more skin tones, fitness types, individual clothing and individual hairstyles, more personality things and points to go with that.
2. Babies are no longer objects to be sold.
3. New life stages: Toddler (mix of Sims 2 and 4's) Teenager, Young Adult and Elder. I know people have reservations about this but you don't have to make them and they won't be townies unless you turn that on.
4. A new area of the main town that is large, like, bigger than the whole of the town we saw in The Sims 1 with all expansions.
5. Lot's will look better and you can now see houses etc.
6. Better way's to have a baby.

That's mostly it, as always I look forward to your thought's and opinions.

Comments

• boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    I love this idea and could see them making a remastered edition. However, I don't see them making additional expansions and going too in depth with cas changes. I would be happy with a version I could play with on my windows 10 desktop AND to add it to my collection on origin :D
  • ECrafters99ECrafters99 Posts: 99 Member
    Personally, I would rather only have the 3d camera and leave everything else the same.
  • zero35zero35 Posts: 99 Member
    TSO take many improves into original TS1 game,maybe that will is you glad to see
  • canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    Eh, if you really want most of those features you'd be better off just playing the newer games. I'd be happy if EA released it digitally and updated it to run on newer version of Windows. Better support for modern resolutions wouldn't hurt either.
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,426 Member
    Then it’s hardly a remaster. I’d hate to play devil’s advocate, but remasters are significantly overrated and lack originality. If anything, you’re asking for a watered down version of The Sims 4.
    9d1z2m12k175.png
    > @MMX said:
    > Then it’s hardly a remaster. I’d hate to play devil’s advocate, but remasters are significantly overrated and lack originality. If anything, you’re asking for a watered down version of The Sims 4.

not hardly,just need support high definition,for example Star Craft
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,426 Member
    zero35 wrote: »
    > @MMX said:
    > Then it’s hardly a remaster. I’d hate to play devil’s advocate, but remasters are significantly overrated and lack originality. If anything, you’re asking for a watered down version of The Sims 4.

not hardly,just need support high definition,for example Star Craft
    Then you’re meaning HD resolution support for The Sims. That alone does not make it a remaster.
    9d1z2m12k175.png
    > @MMX said:
    > zero35 wrote: »
    >
    > > @MMX said:
    > > Then it’s hardly a remaster. I’d hate to play devil’s advocate, but remasters are significantly overrated and lack originality. If anything, you’re asking for a watered down version of The Sims 4.
    >
    > not hardly,just need support high definition,for example Star Craft
    >
    >
    >
    > Then you’re meaning HD resolution support for The Sims. That alone does not make it a remaster.

if you meaning is technical support & bugfixes for TS1,that almost impossible
    EA development team made a lot of improvement for TSO/EA-LAND but these not for TS1,for example new lightsemiglobal、pestsemiglobal、flowersemiglobal etc...
    but i have made some porting attempts