Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Playable pets mod not working Edit: FIXED

wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
edited November 2017 in General Mods Discussion
What am I doing wrong? All you have to do is put in your mods folder right? Why isn't it working?
Edit: So it turns out I had to save the file and drag it, as it wasn't named properly.
6JSxk49.png?1
Post edited by wolfkomoki1 on

Comments

• 0SlimSim00SlimSim0 Posts: 8 New Member
    hi I'm having the same problem... can you explain what you did to make it work again? please!
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    0SlimSim0 wrote: »
    hi I'm having the same problem... can you explain what you did to make it work again? please!
    So basically what I had to do was go to the website and unzip it with the windows explorer. (Mainly because I don't have winrar or 7-zip on my computer yet.)
    After that, I copied and pasted the script file into my mods folder and it started working again.

6JSxk49.png?1
    Okay... So the download comes zipped? Mine doesn't show that it does. When I download it prompts me to open or save, so I save it and the name is "aom_selectable_pets.ts4script" I then move that into mods folder but nothing happens in game...
    > @wolfkomoki1 said:
    > 0SlimSim0 wrote: »
    >
    > hi I'm having the same problem... can you explain what you did to make it work again? please!
    >
    >
    >
    > So basically what I had to do was go to the website and unzip it with the windows explorer. (Mainly because I don't have winrar or 7-zip on my computer yet.)
    > After that, I copied and pasted the script file into my mods folder and it started working again.

Okay... So the download comes zipped? Mine doesn't show that it does. When I download it prompts me to open or save, so I save it and the name is "aom_selectable_pets.ts4script" I then move that into mods folder but nothing happens in game...
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    @0SlimSim0 do you have script mods enabled in your game?

Start your game and from the main menu click on the ... for game options up in the right hand corner
    choose Game Options
    then Other
    then tick the box next to Enable Script Mods
    then Apply Changes
    You will now need to restart your game

Every time EA patches the game you need to go in and do this again. Same with Enable Custom Content and Mods.
    yes I do have script mods enabled :neutral:
    @Bananas_45
    yes I do have script mods enabled :neutral:
    Try disabling them and reenabling them a few times. Sometimes I had to do that.
    6JSxk49.png?1
    okay I just did that, let me try now @wolfkomoki1
    yeah nope, it wont even show that I have it in the game anymore, under scripts there's nothing. Ugh maybe ill just uninstall and reinstall game
    yeah nope, it wont even show that I have it in the game anymore, under scripts there's nothing. Ugh maybe ill just uninstall and reinstall game
    Well good luck. :neutral:
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member

Hello @0SlimSim0
    Try putting it directly into your mods folder without it being in a sub folder and see if that helps.
  • GoggiegxGoggiegx Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi!

I don't exactly know if this is the right discussion to be on, so apologies if not. But, none of my cc is working after the Cats and Dogs update. At all. I've tried what feels like a million times.

- I've repaired the game several times
    - I've deleted all my mods and downloaded ones that are now compatible with the Cats and Dogs update
    - I've restarted my computer (I'm on a Mac)
    - I've turned on and off the game option each time I opened the game.

The only reason I know this is because usually when I have mods in my game, my Mac will take a while to load them all.

Hope I'm on the right discussion, again sorry if not! :smiley:
    edited November 2017
    Goggiegx wrote: »
    Hi!

I don't exactly know if this is the right discussion to be on, so apologies if not. But, none of my cc is working after the Cats and Dogs update. At all. I've tried what feels like a million times.

- I've repaired the game several times
    - I've deleted all my mods and downloaded ones that are now compatible with the Cats and Dogs update
    - I've restarted my computer (I'm on a Mac)
    - I've turned on and off the game option each time I opened the game.

The only reason I know this is because usually when I have mods in my game, my Mac will take a while to load them all.

Hope I'm on the right discussion, again sorry if not! :smiley:

Hello @Goggiegx
    I am sorry that you are having issues .

I am just making sure that you have gone to game options and checked that the " enable custom content and mods" button is ticked, which is found in :
    Options | Other | Enable Custom Content and Mods. If it isn't ticked, do that.Also checked that the script mods allowed button is ticked as well. Exited the game, and then gone back into the game again and seen if the cc appears/mods work then .

I think that is what you wrote when you said about game options, but just checking that you have ticked the script mods allowed button also.

Try moving your mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated. Exit the game. Then put your mods/cc from the old mods folder into the newly generated mods folder and test to see if the issues remain. Make sure that there is only one resource.cfg file in the folder
    Hi @rosemow,

I have tried to move the mods folder to desktop, but a new 'Mods' subfolder will not load in my 'Sims 4' folder - if that makes sense. Also when I refered to 'game option' was the 'Enable Custom Content and Mods', sorry that wasn't clear.

Thanks for helping!
    > @Goggiegx said:
    > Hi @rosemow,
    >
    > I have tried to move the mods folder to desktop, but a new 'Mods' subfolder will not load in my 'Sims 4' folder - if that makes sense. Also when I refered to 'game option' was the 'Enable Custom Content and Mods', sorry that wasn't clear.
    >
    > Thanks for helping!
    >

Hi!

Just tried it again and a new 'Mods' folder has appeared. I'll get back to you if my cc works now. Thanks x
    edited November 2017
    Goggiegx wrote: »
    Hi @rosemow,

I have tried to move the mods folder to desktop, but a new 'Mods' subfolder will not load in my 'Sims 4' folder - if that makes sense. Also when I refered to 'game option' was the 'Enable Custom Content and Mods', sorry that wasn't clear.

Thanks for helping!

Hello @Goggiegx
    I am sorry that you are having these issues .
    You may be best to post in the Mac section of the forums. Mac simmers may be able to assist you there. The link to that section is
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-on-mac-discussions
    Edit : we were posting at the same time!
    Hi! @rosemow

Thank you for helping me get my CC back! They're working now!
    Thanks again x
  • GabrieltheGamerGabrieltheGamer Posts: 2 New Member
    The mod doesn't work for me.

The moodlet icons are all llamas, when hovering over the pet it says *debug will probably be removed* and there's only a description for the main moodlet.

I know this thread is dead (that rhyme tho), but I've tried every piece of advice in this discussion and nothing have worked, and I can't find any other place that can help me.

Does anyone have any advice?