Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member

@Ainsleyf :s imgur has been behaving badly this week. They failed to save my uploads and then kept removing pics from my album. I hope I have that all fixed now. I'll need to go back and check. They made me a bit crazy on that last album!
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    edited November 2017
    CHALLENGE #83: A Townie Home
    FORUM ID: JosieAnglin
    ORIGIN ID: Netxpre2
    LEVEL: Established.
    LOT: Home For The Muse.
    LOT COST: $2,000.
    LOT NAME: Fern Park.
    BUILD COST: $92,634.
    TOTAL COST: $94,634
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Here.
    ENTRY DETAILS: I used the third plan from the article. I also was researching modern mid-century interior design aesthetic, decor, and color pallets. Everything seemed to be different shades of brown and white with wood and stone accents so I tried to stay to the theme, but I made the bedroom a little more colorful since I didn't want the entire house to be only brown and white. The landscaping is simple around the home, but since Hope is a loner I created a path for her to walk in nature when she wants fresh air and inspiration. Since she is maxed in the handiness skill, I figured she liked tinkering so I placed a wood crafting table for her to use as well as using the space in the hallway as a small art studio since she is creative as well.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    O2hdbXm.jpg
    6A2AE6D.jpg
    Post edited by JosieAnglin on
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    Great challenge! Just got one question, do i have to build the house exactly like the floorplan or can i be a bit creative on the inside if the house and shape is like the floorplan?
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Great challenge! Just got one question, do i have to build the house exactly like the floorplan or can i be a bit creative on the inside if the house and shape is like the floorplan?

@WiggleyTuff - please stick to the floorplan this time around.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    Alright so the floor plan aside, can we change the exterior? Like we don't have to try and replicate the image? It's just the floor plan that has to stay the same?
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
    Laebeth wrote: »
    Alright so the floor plan aside, can we change the exterior? Like we don't have to try and replicate the image? It's just the floor plan that has to stay the same?

Hope would like the exterior of the home to look as it does in the images, but you can play around with the landscaping.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    Laebeth wrote: »

Hope would like the exterior of the home to look as it does in the images, but you can play around with the landscaping.

Alright, got it :wink:
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    Yay! I love this challenge, and love when we get floor plans to work with. I will get started on this right away.
  • xraygrl2004xraygrl2004 Posts: 84 Member
    edited November 2017
    FORUM ID: Xraygrl2004
    ORIGIN ID: Xraygrl2004
    LEVEL: Starting Out/Established
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/D00269D6D14111E78C34EC099AB30C43
    LOT COST: $2,000
    LOT NAME: (the lot I built on) Garden Essence
    BUILD COST: $96,850
    TOTAL COST: $98,850
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://tinypic.com/a/ayttmr/2
    ENTRY DETAILS: I chose the 2nd house option "The Dallas" I tried to combine the mid-century modern feel inside while keeping with Hope's southern roots.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: no CC
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    15yxceb.jpg
    2rpz01w.jpg
    Post edited by xraygrl2004 on
    Rke3QSo.jpg
    @JosieAnglin and @xraygrl2004 - just an aside, we added a line to the entry form this time around, can you please state which lot you built your homes on please?
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    edited November 2017
    Found this great challenge. Can I just enter it or are there any requirements aside? Found it :)

... can I post the pictures on tumblr ? (mostly I have technical difficulties with imgur)
  • xraygrl2004xraygrl2004 Posts: 84 Member
    @JosieAnglin and @xraygrl2004 - just an aside, we added a line to the entry form this time around, can you please state which lot you built your homes on please?

@BuildnShare I included the lot name in my entry just clarified it on the form. :smile: I built on Garden Essence in the lower right corner of Willow Creek. Thanks!
    Rke3QSo.jpg

I put it under entry details. I used the 3rd plan.
    kilra0 wrote: »
    Found this great challenge. Can I just enter it or are there any requirements aside? Found it :)

... can I post the pictures on tumblr ? (mostly I have technical difficulties with imgur)

Awesome, welcome to Build n Share @kilra0!! Glad you found the submission guidelines! Yes, of course you can post your pictures on tumblr, anywhere really, other than photobucket! Or you can just make a showcase thread on the forums here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Thanks for the updates @xraygrl2004 and @JosieAnglin :smile:
    GArBA5W.jpg
    LEVEL: Established
    HOUSEHOLD: Hope Potts
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Here
    ENTRY DETAILS: I pretty much followed what was in the description of Hope; brown eyes, hair style ect. I gave her cowboy boots for her party outfit to reflect her deep southern roots. For her daily wear, I gave her a comfortable and practical outfit that she could wear while painting, upgrading/fixing her new home, or cleaning.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Y0pU6Eb.png
    rRwsj8h.png
    LEVEL: Established
    HOUSEHOLD: The Creative Dream
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Here
    ENTRY DETAILS: I created a really large area for Hope to be able to paint in and store all of her paintings. She has a computer nook where she can research and learn new styles of art and get inspiration. She has a bookcase so she can take a break from painting whenever she likes.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    3rRaFKd.jpg
    iNLrubB.jpg
  • PersRealmsShadowPersRealmsShadow Posts: 360 Member
    @BuildnShare aww this idea is cute LOL but after 2 hours of frustration I may sit this one out, I can't figure out any way possible to pull off Caprica's roof XD and it looks HIDEOUS with just the normal half-gable roofs *sniff* (at least to me, if anyone else pulls it off I'm cheering you on over here!) Good luck everyone!
    EkwtdjR.jpg
    @BuildnShare aww this idea is cute LOL but after 2 hours of frustration I may sit this one out, I can't figure out any way possible to pull off Caprica's roof XD and it looks HIDEOUS with just the normal half-gable roofs *sniff* (at least to me, if anyone else pulls it off I'm cheering you on over here!) Good luck everyone!

Oh no @PersRealmsShadow - you can always just change a bit here and there, as long as it's recognisable from the inspiration picture.......
    GArBA5W.jpg
    kilra0 wrote: »
    @BuildnShare thank you :)

Just saw your tumblr link, followed!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited November 2017
    FORUM ID: Kilra0
    ORIGIN ID: Kilra0
    LEVEL: Established / Expert
    LOT: Mid Century Caprica V1
    LOT COST: $2,000
    LOT NAME: Garden Essence (Foundry Cove)
    BUILD COST: $97,977
    TOTAL COST: $99,977
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: here

ENTRY DETAILS: "The Caprica" (first house) I didn't manage the roof either but I loved the floor plan. It's huge and I got in trouble with the budget. Therefore I couldn't furnish every room. I tried to make it as cozy and cool as possible for an artist. I used buydebug objects and selfmade paintings I hope that's ok and you all like.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: no CC
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    tumblr_ozyxxmEM4z1w3ih4xo2_1280.png
    tumblr_ozyxxmEM4z1w3ih4xo5_1280.png

Just saw your tumblr link, followed!

wow thank you :smiley: dito!
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Ooo, this round looks tempting, I love Mid Century builds. I really enjoy trying to recreate real floor plans as well. Might have to try to give this one a go. The question is, which floor plan do I choose.. Hmm... Loving the entries already submitted, great job everyone! Have fun and good luck y'all! :)
  • StangMix2StangMix2 Posts: 238 Member
    Entry form - Sim challenge
    FORUM ID: StangMix2
    ORIGIN ID: stangmix2
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    HOUSEHOLD: Hope Potts
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Link
    ENTRY DETAILS: I made Hope Potts a creative, mean and loner sim. She dreams of becoming a bestselling author. She has max handiness and some painting/writing skillpoints plus a few others, like cooking and mischief - apparently she ate and then "trolled teh forums" while I made/ate dinner and put my kids to bed (I love free will) :D
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Absolutely
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    DnYuHaE.png
    AAfNACI.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top