Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Console Forums - where is what?

EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
edited August 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Hello all,

As we have recently added a few new forums for The Sims 4 on Console I thought I would give you a quick rundown of what is what and where is the what :)
(I know - super confusing...)

So to kick things off, this section here - The Sims 4 Console Game Feedback - is for all your feedback regarding the current state of the game on consoles. Also feel free to drop request here as well.

General discussion regarding the Sims 4 on Console can be found in the discussions section of this forum - Console Discussion.

For bug reporting and technical issues we would love for you to head over to Answers HQ where many other players and our wonderful colleagues are helping out!

The Sims 4 Console Technical Issues - need any kind of help with the console game, this is the place for you!

The Sims 4 Bug Reports - found a bug? Hit 'New Topic', fill out the bug report form and post it!

Hope this clears things up a bit, but as always if you have any questions just tag me in your post below and I'll pop over :)

Thanks,
-Mage
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• MalacathMalacath Posts: 40 Member
    It's quite hard to leave feedback when most new console player can't even create new threads.

I can understand why you have restrictions to prevent spam but when most console owners can't even post unless it's to reply to a different thread you're not going to get much feedback
  • kasmar45kasmar45 Posts: 21 Member
    My Initial view of the sims4 on my xbox is .. it is terrible. The controls do not work as the tutorials say they do. I have not been to get one control to work. I am going to give it a month and if after that month I cannot get around any better than I am now.. I am going to rquest a refund for the terrible port of sims 4 to the xbox.
  • Faye_ButtonsFaye_Buttons Posts: 16 Member
    > @kasmar45 said:
    > My Initial view of the sims4 on my xbox is .. it is terrible. The controls do not work as the tutorials say they do. I have not been to get one control to work. I am going to give it a month and if after that month I cannot get around any better than I am now.. I am going to rquest a refund for the terrible port of sims 4 to the xbox.

I'm playing on the Xbox One and am a complete newb to console playing and the controls are fine for me. Perhaps log your issues under the technical issues thread that @EA_Mage provided above
  • Faye_ButtonsFaye_Buttons Posts: 16 Member
    @EA_Mage thanks for providing the links but is there specific threads for the console version as it seems to be a list that includes PC issues and that makes it hard to identify if I need to add a new bug/technical issue or can just comment on one already left.
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    edited November 2017
    @EA_Mage thanks for providing the links but is there specific threads for the console version as it seems to be a list that includes PC issues and that makes it hard to identify if I need to add a new bug/technical issue or can just comment on one already left.

@Faye_Buttons As the console version is just out we haven't received many bug reports and that is why the list is currently just PC items. For now, if you have a bug to report for console I would recommend posting a New Topic.
    Malacath wrote: »
    It's quite hard to leave feedback when most new console player can't even create new threads.

I can understand why you have restrictions to prevent spam but when most console owners can't even post unless it's to reply to a different thread you're not going to get much feedback

@Malacath Feel free to comment on this thread or on the one in Console Discussion. We also have some help for New Members in this thread :)
  • iValeiVale Posts: 1 New Member
    Are their any plans to address the control issues in any future patches and continually refine the experience in that aspect? Also being able to keep the sims panel open while playing, perhaps I'm just missing something, but constantly having to fight the games UI to check on my Sim's needs is a little rough.
    I found the tutorial was a big obstacle to getting used to the controls. The tutorial bubbles would pop up at the most inappropriate times. They would take over the controls and get in the way. What was more annoying is a tutorial bubble explaining a need would block your view of the needs panel.

The tutorial needs improving to make it less intrusive.
  • BaddManBaddMan Posts: 11 New Member
    I bought a copy of The Sims 4 Deluxe Party Edition for Xbox One. I got it home and put it in but it won't download in the system. I get a message saying "the disc is dirty or damaged" so I took it back to Gamestop and exchanged it for another game disc but still got the same thing. I can't find a "contact us" button on neither the EA website not The Sims website. Anyone in here know whats going on with this? I've tried to uninstall the game from my system then put the disc back in and start over, I've tried that for an hour with both discs, but still got the same result. Gamestop won't give me a refund even with the receipt so I feel like I just wasted $60.
    > @BaddMan said:
    > I bought a copy of The Sims 4 Deluxe Party Edition for Xbox One. I got it home and put it in but it won't download in the system. I get a message saying "the disc is dirty or damaged" so I took it back to Gamestop and exchanged it for another game disc but still got the same thing. I can't find a "contact us" button on neither the EA website not The Sims website. Anyone in here know whats going on with this? I've tried to uninstall the game from my system then put the disc back in and start over, I've tried that for an hour with both discs, but still got the same result. Gamestop won't give me a refund even with the receipt so I feel like I just wasted $60.

Have you tried the usual troubleshooting steps of fully shutting the console down and then uplugging for a few minutes?

Just hold the power button down for 10 seconds and wait for the console to fully shut down. Once it's fully shut down unplug from the mains for a couple of minutes.

After a couple of minutes plug back in, switch on and insert disc again.

Especially if using instant on mode the console can sometime start misbehaving requiring a full shutdown and power disconnect.
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited November 2017
    BaddMan wrote: »
    I bought a copy of The Sims 4 Deluxe Party Edition for Xbox One. I got it home and put it in but it won't download in the system. I get a message saying "the disc is dirty or damaged" so I took it back to Gamestop and exchanged it for another game disc but still got the same thing. I can't find a "contact us" button on neither the EA website not The Sims website. Anyone in here know whats going on with this? I've tried to uninstall the game from my system then put the disc back in and start over, I've tried that for an hour with both discs, but still got the same result. Gamestop won't give me a refund even with the receipt so I feel like I just wasted $60.

Have you tried installing another game from disk to see if that works? Just to make sure its not the actual console thats the issue.
  • charlotte_ahcharlotte_ah Posts: 3 New Member
    - The quick menu controls on the Xbox One are so annoying - would much rather a free hand cursor all of the time.

- Going 'back' (B) in menus, especially build/buy NEVER works. I have to spam it so many times and it chucks me all the way back out rather.

- Game glitched and i aged up my toddler into a teen, was so annoyed with this
  • MarieeMariee Posts: 2 New Member
    I just got the sims 4 console for my ps4 and its laggy is there anyway to fix it
  • Listen_here_chumpListen_here_chump Posts: 1 New Member
    I’ve been playing sims 4 for the past day and it very hard to select curtain objects because of how fast the curser moves. I looked all throughout the options and didn’t find anything to fix the sensitivity.
  • AC1AC1 Posts: 2 New Member
    I bought the Sims 4 for PS4 (deluxe party edition) and i have plenty of feedback. I just want to start off by saying thank You for finally releasing a console version. I’ve been waiting years and the game is awesome. I just want to get this thank You out there before I start a list of complaints. All in all, i love the game but A LOT of stuff needs fixed! I’m totally understanding that it’s still fresh but since you’re asking for feedback........

#1 Time stinks. When I fast forward, it will only do it briefly or I’ll have to go back to pause and try and fast forward again to make it work. It definitely doesn’t speed up like it’s supposed to.

#2 Toddlers are buggy. Playing an active adult sim and trying to interact with a toddler is like pulling teeth. It might take me 5 sim hours to feed the child because i have to click the action 3 or 4 times before it actually processes that it’s supposed to do that. Then once it processes, it’s a buggy slow process. My toddler was almost taken away because it took hours (sim time) for the game to comprehend that i was trying to feed my toddler. Same goes for any adult/toddler interaction.

#3 Sometimes i get stuck on interactions and i have to quit the game to fix it (and pray i recently saved) recently i was stuck chatting on the computer for over 24 hours (sim time) - couldn’t get up to work, eat, shower, nothing.

#4 I’ve had to force-close the game due to freezing multiple times. Just found out today that if i just let it sit there for 5 minutes or so, it will eventually unfreeze. Still, that shouldn’t be an issue.

#5 When i return home from traveling, I’d say 50% of the time anything i did while i was away from home is totally gone and my sim returns home the way he was before he traveled. Like, if i met someone knew or did anything, it’s forgotten upon returning home.

Last but not least I’m a little salty that City Living is $40. I see that on PS4 you can purchase the game itself, city living, vampire all for $50. Meanwhile, i paid $60 for the game to get it early with deluxe party. Kind of stinks to know that if i waited a week, i could have gotten twice as much for $10 cheaper.
  • KnightofcrescentKnightofcrescent Posts: 2 New Member
    For some reason I can't rotate or grab objects anymore in build mode I tried restarting the game and I still can't. Does anyone have any clue how to fix this?
  • Kyl59Kyl59 Posts: 1 New Member
    Bonjour,
    J ai le pack complet vie citadine patio vampire et vintage et quand je fait un événement mariage j ai une erreur l application a cesser de même lorsque que je me rend au karaoké merci de faire le nécessaire cela arrive depuis votre dernière mise à jour ps4 erreur ce-34788-0 vient de voir l erreur sur d autre forum avec d autre joueur sims
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    edited November 2017
    Hi @Kyl59 ,

This is the English forum for the Sims, so sadly majority of us do not Speak French (even though I would love to be able to :pensive: ).

I would recommend heading over to the French Sims forum: http://forums.thesims.com/fr_FR

Thanks,
    -Mage
  • wingzero71782wingzero71782 Posts: 2 New Member
    I don't know if this is a bug or not. On the xbox one, I started with a teen sim which starts with 2 traits. I aged up to young adult and did not get a slot for the third trait. I then made another sim and it was the same. I have played on the PC and I know that you get a third trait when you age up to young adult. I was just trying to see if this was a bug or standard on the consoles.
  • EngBenhourEngBenhour Posts: 10 New Member
    Having an issue when in build mode when selecting an object I have to press the B button on Xbox numerous times to unselect it to choose another item which sometimes results in leaving object menu altogether anyone else have this issue?
  • HayleynicoleHayleynicole Posts: 1 New Member
    I’ve just recently purchased the sims 4 deluxe party edition on the PS4 and I just want to start by saying that I love the sims games, but there are some issues. For example when I go to make the sim eat, shower, chat, etc I often have to repeat it several times before the sim will actually do it. Also I would like to be able to change all of the sims outfits like daily, workout, sleepwear, etc, but I don’t think there is an option for that. If there is please let me know. I know that in other sims games you are able to change all the outfits that would be nice to do in the new sims 4 as well. Overall though I do think it will be a nice game once all the bugs and kinks are worked out.
  • Gunners4ever_00Gunners4ever_00 Posts: 2 New Member
    PS4 are we ever going to get to play with friends ?? And we need the gallery! Please add this it’s a game changer for building
  • Gunners4ever_00Gunners4ever_00 Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="Hayleynicole;c-16184631"]I’ve just recently purchased the sims 4 deluxe party edition on the PS4 and I just want to start by saying that I love the sims games, but there are some issues. For example when I go to make the sim eat, shower, chat, etc I often have to repeat it several times before the sim will actually do it. Also I would like to be able to change all of the sims outfits like daily, workout, sleepwear, etc, but I don’t think there is an option for that. If there is please let me know. I know that in other sims games you are able to change all the outfits that would be nice to do in the new sims 4 as well. Overall though I do think it will be a nice game once all the bugs and kinks are worked out. [/quote]

You can change the sims outfits when making a sim by pressing R1 or L1 to switch between daily, sleepwear etc. Also buy Chester draws to edit outfits
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    For some reason I can't rotate or grab objects anymore in build mode I tried restarting the game and I still can't. Does anyone have any clue how to fix this?

Rotation is super buggy atm. You have to place something down first then pick it back up to rotate it. Its getting annoying
  • Project_DannyProject_Danny Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm sorry I love this game... I really want to enjoy it... but I can not I repeat I can not and all my friends at least 20 of them on Xbox refuse to play or buy any DLC/Packs unless you allow us to share creations on the gallery. This has made the game unplayable stale and boring for us.

Please please add sim exchange or gallery or whatever you call it so we can download others builds and Sims.

Till then I refuse and so does everyone else refuse to play this game. There is no excuse for it either.... fallout 4 on Xbox allows mods and custom content and sharing of others creations... so no excuses please... honestly I think it's pure laziness or you just want to cash grab on the packs instead... either way allow us to share stuff it's not hard...
  • Dexter_XBADexter_XBA Posts: 18 Member
    Hi there, I'm so happy that you've released TS4 on Xbox One :). Back in the day I fell in love with TS3 and TS3 Pets on Xbox 360 and I'm really grateful that we console players aren't left behind. So far I'm really enjoying TS4, the CAS mode has so many options and the live mode feels much more extensive compared to previous versions. Right now I'm pursuing a gardening career - that's my favorite hobby in The Sims games. I still have a few wishes / requests / feedback to TS4 on console:

- I really miss the gallery from the PC version. Perhaps it can be added for consoles as well?
    - I hope that seasonal challenges (such as SimPlant challenge) are also planned for console.
    - Please make exclusive DLCs available on consoles as well such as Plumbob Lamp Rewards and P.R.I.M.A. 3000 PC
    - I noticed that the Ultra Lighting Patch from PC isn't available on Xbox. It'd make the game look much better.
    - In general the graphics aren't as good as on PC. I'd love to see improved texture quality (too blurry compared to PC version), improved anti-aliasing and improved performance (e.g. it takes much longer to switch from build to live mode compared to PC version)
    - If the graphical requests aren't feasible with the regular console hardware you might consider making the game Xbox One X enhanced. 4k resolution would make the game look much better.
    - Please add an option to increase menu icons and fonts (hard to read if you're not sitting directly in front of TV)
    - Please improve the controls. First of all we need hotkeys (i.e. pressing the view button longer changes the rest of the controls to hotkey mode -> that way we can access things quicker, switch between live and build mode faster, etc.). Second the cursor mode needs to be overhauled, it's too imprecise. I think the controls for TS3 and TS3 Pets on Xbox 360 were better. Third: Explain the controls when we need them. For example I just found out by accident that you could sell items from your inventory by pressing Y+X at the same time. Or that you could drag and drop items in live mode by pressing X. I often press the LS button which is supposed to explain the controls to me but it isn't context-sensitive enough IMO. When I have the inventory open it should show me the controls for the inventory, etc.
    - Please allow us to rotate objects 360° (not only 45° steps)
    - Please add achievements for DLC expansions

Thanks for taking the time to read my feedback!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top