Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can we please get an option to delete saves? (Saves can now be Deleted thanks to an Update)

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
edited December 2018 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I don't want to have too many saves knowing I can't delete them. I know we can update our current save files but there are times you want to create new saves. I just want the option to delete them.

Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited November 2017
    edited out! never mind, this is the Console subforum. (Which I can't mute separately from the whole category aaargh.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Patrickb1973Patrickb1973 Posts: 4 New Member
    I too would like that option on PS4 for me
  • HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    Good idea CLP. I want this as well EA.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• MalacathMalacath Posts: 40 Member
    Yes. Please give us the option to delete saves. Currently it's impossible to delete just one save. It's delete all or nothing
  • Patrickb1973Patrickb1973 Posts: 4 New Member
    Since i can not seem to open a new topic i have to do it in here but please also add the opion to move objects up or down when the move objects cheat is on like we can on PC, as a builder i really miss this feature on console.
  • KiroReus75KiroReus75 Posts: 5 New Member
    Is there a way to delete library custom sims from households? I know it's triangle button to do so, but (open my library) when I delete a custom sim/family from the library, it always comes back the next time I open the game! It's so frustrating that I have to delete the unwanted sim family ever single time I open the game. Also when I start a new game with the same sim I created 900 days ago, it still saves it as "new" household and my guy I made has now at least 15 copies!!?
  • Ravensgirl1Ravensgirl1 Posts: 1 New Member
    If you have a PlayStation 4 & is looking to delete saved games for sims 4 then here is how to do it:

Step 1: Go to PlayStation settings
    Step 2: Go to “Application Saved Data Management”
    Step 3: Go to “Saved Data in System Storage” >
    (If it pops up to close the following application click “OK” then click the “Saved Data in system storage”)
    Step 4: Hit Delete
    Step 5: Click the Sims 4 & select which saved game(s) you want to delete.

S/n: any other video games that you save and want to delete but can’t delete it through the game , follow the same steps .

Your welcome :)
  • SimproviserSimproviser Posts: 2 New Member
    "Since i can not seem to open a new topic i have to do it in here but please also add the opion to move objects up or down when the move objects cheat is on like we can on PC, as a builder i really miss this feature on console."

You can! Just hold down both r2 l2 and use the d pad.
  • MovierMovier Posts: 1 New Member
    Why am i only able to create 5 saves on sims 4 xbox noe when There is alot more property to buy?
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    Movier wrote: »
    Why am i only able to create 5 saves on sims 4 xbox noe when There is alot more property to buy?

You can make more than one household per save if that’s what you are meaning. In manage worlds you can highlight any lot and create a new household to move in there, and you can change the aging options so your other households do not age while you play others.
  • JVUJVU Posts: 1 New Member
    The Sims™ 4 for PS4 need a update patch.
    A lot of bugs like:

-the save doesn’t work all the times
    -the game crash during gameplay
    -lagging
    -the time speed doesn’t work
    -sometimes you can’t delete/undo the characters action
    -
    Please fix the game. I have reported the problems through PlayStation feedback several times
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    JVU wrote: »
    The Sims™ 4 for PS4 need a update patch.
    A lot of bugs like:

-the save doesn’t work all the times
    -the game crash during gameplay
    -lagging
    -the time speed doesn’t work
    -sometimes you can’t delete/undo the characters action
    -
    Please fix the game. I have reported the problems through PlayStation feedback several times

You need to report to SimGuruNick.
  • pc452000pc452000 Posts: 347 Member
    To delete save files outside of a game, on PS4 press OPTIONS button when you have the game selected BUT NOT RUNNING. Then simply select cloud save, then delete the cloud & local data of TS4... That's it.. SIMPLE..
    Huge Sim Fanatic
  • SuperSimAddictSuperSimAddict Posts: 13 New Member
    [quote="Ravensgirl1;c-16198208"]If you have a PlayStation 4 & is looking to delete saved games for sims 4 then here is how to do it:

Step 1: Go to PlayStation settings
    Step 2: Go to “Application Saved Data Management”
    Step 3: Go to “Saved Data in System Storage” >
    (If it pops up to close the following application click “OK” then click the “Saved Data in system storage”)
    Step 4: Hit Delete
    Step 5: Click the Sims 4 & select which saved game(s) you want to delete.

S/n: any other video games that you save and want to delete but can’t delete it through the game , follow the same steps .

Your welcome :)

[/quote]
    <Thanks so much this worked a treat>
  • SipopSipop Posts: 166 Member
    What about players on Xbox because I have 3 saves I don't need and really want to just delete 1.
    [
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    It would be great to get an option to delete saves in game, I know you can delete saves on the ps4 by going through the consoles settings for saved data but would be nice to not have to do all that.
  • Dejarose21Dejarose21 Posts: 3 New Member
    I don’t know if this is a new feature or anything but I had that problem earlier and I was able to delete my saves. I went to load game, scrolled to the one I wanted to delete, and pressed Y (Xbox one). A message popped up asking me if I was sure I wanted to delete, I pressed yes, and Voila! No more Saved Game 2.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Dejarose21 wrote: »
    I don’t know if this is a new feature or anything but I had that problem earlier and I was able to delete my saves. I went to load game, scrolled to the one I wanted to delete, and pressed Y (Xbox one). A message popped up asking me if I was sure I wanted to delete, I pressed yes, and Voila! No more Saved Game 2.

They added this in an Update so we can now delete saves.
  • Jojosims567Jojosims567 Posts: 1 New Member
    To remove a household/saved game on any console here's how.
    Load up sims 4
    Select "load game",
    Enter game you want deleted
    When world appears go to top right and select "manage households",
    Go to "other households" your sims from your saved game should be in there,
    Click your household and press "delete houshold" (bottom right)
    Select checkmark.
    Select start or whatever button gets you to the "save / exit to main menu" options,
    Click "exit to main menu",
    Click "save and exit"
    Save it on the household you wanted deleted/the one you're in.
    And bam it shouldn't be in your load game options it should be gone. Let me know if this works for you guys
  • Retro_SimmerRetro_Simmer Posts: 6 New Member
    Yes! I was VERY disappointed when I realized that you couldn't delete save files. Thankfully they changed that!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top