Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*UPDATED* Supported Graphics Card List (The Sims 4 Edition)

1303132333436...Next

Comments

• HerOnlySunshineHerOnlySunshine Posts: 16 Member
    @phoebebebe13 yeah so that's the problem. I'm from Austria, but the support on the german part of this forum didn't help me a lot so i'm here again. I'd work out all this stuff myself i just need to know what kind of graphics card (and CPU) will run this game on ultra.

Do you have any experience with the nvidia gtx 970? that's what i got recommended some time back but i don't know a lot about that kind of stuff.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @phoebebebe13 yeah so that's the problem. I'm from Austria, but the support on the german part of this forum didn't help me a lot so i'm here again. I'd work out all this stuff myself i just need to know what kind of graphics card (and CPU) will run this game on ultra.

Do you have any experience with the nvidia gtx 970? that's what i got recommended some time back but i don't know a lot about that kind of stuff.

Chester is in Aus. She can tell you the best places to buy. Nvidia is not making the 900 series anymore. Whatever you find are leftovers. I have a GTX 960. The 970 would be fine . You can probably get a 970 cheaper because Nvidia is on their 1000 series now. Computers are more expensive in Aus. It's best to discuss this with chester. She will need to know your budget. Custom is more expensive than buying off the shelf pre-made computers.
  • SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    Can anyone here tell me if this chipset is reliable and comparable to the Intel i7 chipsets?

AMD Ryzen™ 7 1700X Processor (8C/16T, 20MB Cache, 3.8 GHz Precision Boost)

AND I didn't see this graphics card on the "Acceptable List":

AMD Radeon™ RX 580 with 8GB GDDR5 Graphics Memory

My old computer died a few months ago... so looking at affordable desktops again.

Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T
    SnowWolf58 wrote: »
    Can anyone here tell me if this chipset is reliable and comparable to the Intel i7 chipsets?

My old computer died a few months ago... so looking at affordable desktops again.

ask @chesterbigbird about the new ryzen processor.
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    edited November 2017

Yep.. the 1700x is a good cpu. It's a direct competitor to the i7 7700k.. sometimes outperforming it. It has more cores so is more future proofed and better at video editing and programs that use 100% cpu.
    The RX 580 is a good card.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

Thank you so much for your responses here. The Ryzen chipset seems to be more affordable too. I have missed my Sims so much and even though the game is still really buggy -- I want to see what the Pets are like in Sims 4. :smiley:

INFJ -A/-T
    Thank you so much for your responses here. The Ryzen chipset seems to be more affordable too. I have missed my Sims so much and even though the game is still really buggy -- I want to see what the Pets are like in Sims 4. :smiley:

Your Welcome,
    Just make sure you have AT LEAST a QUALITY 500 watt or more power supply for the RX 580, and get yourself a good cpu cooler for the Ryzen 7.
    Are you going to build yourself or buy a pre built? I can help you with choosing if you like? :)
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• friendlysimmerfriendlysimmer Posts: 45 Member
    > Intel Integrated series
    >
    > Intel HD graphics
    >
    > HD 2000, HD 3000
    >
    > HD 4000, HD 4200, HD 4400, HD 4600
    >
    > HD 5000, HD 5100, HD 5200, HD 5300, HD 5500, HD 5600, Iris, Iris Pro
    >
    > HD 6000, HD 6100, HD 6200, Iris, Iris Pro
    >
    > Be warned - these integrated chips may result in poorer performance.
    >
    > ========================

Intel hd 4000 and up should be able to run the game atleast on medium settings with decent fps

My laptop has intel hd 620 and i can run the game on ultra settings with around 45fps
    mind you i have no eps or sps.

i7-3770
    GTX 1060
    16gb DDR3

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    >
    > Intel HD graphics
    >
    > HD 2000, HD 3000
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Intel hd 4000 and up should be able to run the game atleast on medium settings with decent fps

My laptop has intel hd 620 and i can run the game on ultra settings with around 45fps

Well, the EPs are adding loads of work on my graphics card. I have a GTX 960m and I'm getting 20fps on some lots on 'Ultra' settings.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
    edited November 2017
    >
    > Intel HD graphics
    >
    > HD 2000, HD 3000
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

This list is very old when the game first came out and has not been updated in years. I would ignore what you think will or will not run the game. This game also has mandatory patching which will make the game more demanding.

I just had to deal with someone who has a 620 intel card with Ep's and they can't run the game anymore , They need a new computer to continue playing. Laptop processor and video card can not be upgraded. You are stuck with the specs you buy. if your laptop can no longer run the game, one will need a new computer to continue playing
  • jmelrok1469jmelrok1469 Posts: 6 New Member
    looking to buy a reasonable price pc to play the sims 4 and expansion packs on......I could also build one. I have a geFroce gtx card. is this good? I've been out of the sims loop for years. HELP

Your Welcome,
    Just make sure you have AT LEAST a QUALITY 500 watt or more power supply for the RX 580, and get yourself a good cpu cooler for the Ryzen 7.
    Are you going to build yourself or buy a pre built? I can help you with choosing if you like? :)

I bought a pre-built Dell Inspiron 5675 and the tower is very roomy for future upgrades. I will upgrade the 460W power supply and get a better cooling fan when I can afford it. I will be coming back here for advice on reliable brands when that time comes. :)

INFJ -A/-T
    edited December 2017

Your Welcome,

I bought a pre-built Dell Inspiron 5675 and the tower is very roomy for future upgrades. I will upgrade the 460W power supply and get a better cooling fan when I can afford it. I will be coming back here for advice on reliable brands when that time comes. :)

I tend to not Recommend getting those dell/hp pre builts. They can be hard to upgrade and have virtually no cooling (fans) in General they are very limited, for example you will never get a proper cpu cooler to fit in there.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

Your Welcome,

I tend to not Recommend getting those dell/hp pre builts. They can be hard to upgrade and have virtually no cooling (fans) in General they are very limited.

Agree and with AMD the heating issues might be worse
  • TypowyGraczTypowyGracz Posts: 1 New Member
    What settings I can achieve with set below?
    Proccessor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3,0GHz
    GPU: GeForce GT 730 2GB DDR3
    RAM:4GB DDR2
  • dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member

The graphics might run it, but it's still far from the recommended requirements and the processor barely hits the mnimum. The settings will probably be set to low medium or medium by default, which in my experience is almost unplayable. Sure, you can change the settings, but there's a good chance it will damage the card.
    Is this your current computer or are you planning to buy a new one?

besides what @dorcsyful stated, It also depends on your resolution. The 730 card is lower end and may have issues running 1080p or higher resolution. Lowering your in game resolution in the launcher would be a good idea if you have a monitor with higher resolution or playing in windowed mode.
  • Emilyy777Emilyy777 Posts: 1 New Member
    I know this thread is super old but I couldn’t find a more relative post! Will the Sims 4 run with a Radeon R5 430 graphics card? All other specs are fine just not sure about the graphics card. Really only looking to run it on medium graphical settings.
    Emilyy777 wrote: »
    I know this thread is super old but I couldn’t find a more relative post! Will the Sims 4 run with a Radeon R5 430 graphics card? All other specs are fine just not sure about the graphics card. Really only looking to run it on medium graphical settings.

The R5 430 card is lower end and below recommended requirements ,We can only tell you if your hardware meets requirements or not. We can not tell you what settings the game will run on if you have hardware that is below recommend requirements. The more you add to this game, the more demanding the game becomes to a computer. The game is not complete. If you intend on playing and surviving all the game add ons as EA adds them, I would suggest owning a computer that meets recommended requirements