Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it me or is this game harder??

So I was an avid Sims 2 fan up until a few months ago when I finally accepted that the game may be a little dated....lol. So I purchased The Sims 4 for my xbox.

I have been playing for the passed few days and I have been struggling to adjust to everything new with the sims 4 gameplay lol! I've been trying to have this current save I am playing with no cheats so I can get achievements but idk how much longer i can last!

I just remember with sims 2, by the time my sims was halfway through adulthood, they were married, starting a family, nice house, and living comfortably...and now my sim on Sims 4 is reaching the end of young adulthood is still making chicken scratch i feel from his job lol even after a few promotions. I feel like he spends his free time that he is not working doing the daily tasks for his job, he finally found time to propose to his neglected girlfriend Penny Pizzazz - Most likely I need to just get better with time management in this game.

Also, romance has been a little more tricky for me, I tried having my nerdy sim get romantic with Nina Caliente and everything was going well and then out of no where he must've overstepped and had an awkward encounter and everything went downhill from there!

Don't get me wrong, I am really enjoying the game, I am just kind surprised that I am having this hard of a time since I am not new to the series as a whole.

Did anyone else have an adjustment period when they first started sims 4?

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    can't say I feel the same way, I've actually always thought ts4 was far too easy
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • PolluxSimsPolluxSims Posts: 318 Member
    I wouldn't say it's necessarily "harder," but I can understand it must be a big adjustment going from Sims 2 to Sims 4, with how different everything is. I feel the same way even now, going from 4 to 3 to 2. I tried playing 3 for a bit and just couldn't get into it, so I reinstalled all my Sims 2 EP's. Even still, it's all so different.

If you think things are moving at too fast a pace for you in your game, you could try playing with aging off for a bit, unless you consider that to be a cheat lol.
    Read my Sawyer Legacy Simlit on Wordpress
    - Origin ID: PolluxSims -
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    Some things are easy. Some things are not. Like that stupid Basketball trophy that I still have not been able to achieve since I got CL last year.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • StacyKStacyK Posts: 2 New Member
    I never played sims 2 much, but after transitioning from ts3, the only noticeable difference to me is how quickly you advance in careers. Although, i did use the multitasker lifetime reward frequently, so that made things much easier lol
  • HeloNecroHeloNecro Posts: 97 Member
    You're right. I found the detective job as well as raising a toddler a bit taxing. Still love the game though, I bought all the Eps only to have my pc stop working. I can only imagine how looking after a pet would be...
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    edited November 2017
    It's only been harder for me cuz I added like 2 new household members and so I have about 5 sims and 1 kitten to take care!! :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • SkewedReality04SkewedReality04 Posts: 1,450 Member
    edited November 2017
    Lemme tell you about my sims last few days. My sims run a clinic which we finally got off the ground enough to be turning a profit, found out my dog was pregnant and we were expecting puppies, found out the next day that my wife was pregnant, ok whatever it'll be fine I thought. Dog has the puppy and we name her Luna, all is well, then my wife goes into labor, and gives birth to TRIPLETS. I can't even right now. I have reached the max of 8 sims. 3 dogs, 2 adults, and 3 toddlers. Their house is complete chaos, the kids are running around crazy, someone always needs something, the dogs get into EVERYTHING, and the parents had to have one of their moms move in to help a little bit. I don't know how Im going to run a clinic while raising 3 toddlers, I can't exactly stay gone everyday because there are now children. This has literally been the game I've been looking for, it's been so taxing, but I am loving it. I wouldn't say that it's harder than sims 2, but depending on how you play it can def be a challenge. I used to think triplets wasn't a big deal, then they added toddlers into the game, and my goodness is it work now lol.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    This might be the first time I've ever heard of romancing another sim being too easy. :) Usually it takes me a couple of in game hours to take two sims from total strangers to engaged.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    It's just you.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited November 2017
    I would not say it is harder, but I never played Sims 2. I played Sims 1 until 2016 and then played Sims 4. I easily can get level up in certain careers and paint or write books for extra funds in spare time. Also, a relationship takes only about 1 or 2 sim days when I play. It may be your playstyle. I also am not fighting with wonky console controls too, as I play on PC.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I honestly find the Sims 2 more difficult, much more difficult. I feel like time management is a lot harder in 2 because there's a lot of minor things you have to take care of. For example:
    - in order to get promotions in jobs you need friends, so I gotta make friends, then new friends, but also keep relationships with those friends, you also need to build skills, but there's also a chance of losing skill points.
    - Sims have wants and fears, and if I wanna make sure my sim lives a happy, full and long life I need to make sure I don't accidentally trip off a fear or two.
    - Needs in 2 also drop faster, and I feel like time moves slightly faster in 2.
    - There's a bunch of other things you gotta take care of as well, there's 8 needs instead 6, also things are always breaking and getting dirty in my house.
    - Beyond that in my one save I live in an apartment, one of the run down ones, and everything is a mess, my sim is setting a fire off every other meal, he also got robbed within the first week of living there.
    - ALL THIS on top of the fact that Sims 2 has no multitasking, which means I gotta take care of each individual task one at a time.
  • ari100ari100 Posts: 74 Member
    I don't think harder is the right word. I think work and work tasks take up more time in the sims 4 and I think the money you make is less, so it just takes longer to get rich, but not harder. Which is good. TS3 was too easy I felt to make money. I think TS2 was more challenging than TS4 in most ways, but I will say raising toddlers, very difficult to juggle. And I love it. I actually have to make a choice whether to focus on my work or my toddlers.
  • Jinx23Jinx23 Posts: 436 Member
    I would not say it is harder, but I never played Sims 2. I played Sims 1 until 2016 and then played Sims 4. I easily can get level up in certain careers and paint or write books for extra funds in spare time. Also, a relationship takes only about 1 or 2 sim days when I play. It may be your playstyle. I also am not fighting with wonky console controls too, as I play on PC.

I agree, I think the controls were half the battle, but they're finally growing on me!
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    One thing I've noticed recently is my need to limit pets to one per household, otherwise a disproportionate amount of human sim's time is taken up with pet care, which makes the game harder than I personally care for it to be.
    Gallery ID: babysquare