Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashes to Ashes: A Legacy [Temporary Hiatus 4/4]

Comments

• CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Happy day-before-Thanksgiving (if you're in the US!) :)

Let's see how things are going for Harper and Erik a few months after the overdose...

6.42: Interlude - Falling Apart
    9OZMslC.png
    snvAF3B.png
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Those fools! I find it hard to deal with the fact that they just keep lying to themselves, over and over and over again. Harper really hasn't grown up at all - still working for her Dad, still justifying Erik's drug use, avoiding anything that will make her look bad. I'm still hoping that when she eventually goes to jail she'll join a gang.

Also, her hair didn't look so bad this chapter.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
    @superkyle221 Harper lost three points, but her hair gained one! :tongue:

As for the lying to themselves, well... You'll see. There actually isn't quite as much of that as there used to be. Especially not from Erik. But there is a lot of helplessness and fear of getting help, which is probably just as bad :/
    snvAF3B.png
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited November 2017
    This is one of the saddest chapters you’ve written. Harper should be on her knees begging her father for money to pay for Erik’s rehab. I’ve never understood how people can live with a heroin addict. It’s one of the worst drugs to shake.

I’m afraid for Harper. She’s not even responding to her friends? Definitely hard to face them when they’ve got great lives and hers is going down the heroine needle. :(
    Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    @pammiechick Yeah this one was really difficult. :( It's an absolutely heartbreaking situation for both of them right now. They are both feeling so lost and helpless. We will see how Erik is feeling right now in an upcoming chapter (spoiler alert: not too good... :/ )

Like you said, heroin is one of the most addictive drugs out there and it's SO hard to stop. I feel so cruel for doing this to Erik and Harper haha This is a huge downward spiral for them.

Harper needs to find a way to either help him or get out of that situation or this will end badly for both of them...
    snvAF3B.png
    And I’ve been spelling Heroin heroine this whole time!!! Ha ha! :s
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    @pammiechick You subliminally are rooting for Harper to be Erik's heroine and help him get better? :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
    @pammiechick You subliminally are rooting for Harper to be Erik's heroine and help him get better? :tongue:

Lol! That MUST be it! ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • winterbaby20winterbaby20 Posts: 2,413 Member
    I'm glad her parents are officially putting their foot down. Harper you need to watch your mouth or you might be disown for real. I'm in a drugs and behavior class and my teacher told me a real story of a guy who is clean for three years but his family wanted nothing more to do with him. He had wronged them for so long during his addiction that they cut him off before he got a handle of things. Harper better watch out or she might find herself without a family before and after she gets a handle on things.
  • SpectresValkyrieSpectresValkyrie Posts: 317 Member
    This was a very sad chapter. Harper is really not handling things well. She isnt talking to her friends, she is being horrible to her parents, well worse and Erik just got out of rehab. Why help him get back in Harper? She can't keep saying it will get hetter and sort of turning a blind eye to drug abuse. She needs to asl for help, ask her parents to help her with sending Erik to rehab. He needs it. It doesnt matter if they feel lile rehab is only for those who are really bad, Erik is there. He needs help. If Harper isnt careful she could lose Erik and everyone in her life. I doubt Zayne or Hope will leave her, she is their only child but still. Knowing that no one will help you is sad and Harper is wronging everyone in her life. Harper either needs to help Erik or Erik needs to realize how bad she is for him. She isn't helping and things are probably going to get worse. I am super fristrated with Harper. I am glad that her parents put their foot down. While this was a sad outlook on Harper's life right now, I enjoyed the chapter.
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Sad I don't have time to read all the comments now as family is arriving any time now. :(
    So the downward spiral is happening. I hoped they would pull it together but sadly they haven't. I think this will only get worse till Erik takes to much again or Harper gets thrown in jail or they get evicted. :'(
    @winterbaby20 Yeah, she's totally pushing away her family right now. It's really bad. But I'm also kind of proud of her parents for not giving in. Though it's so sad to watch :( Also, that class sounds really interesting!

@SpectresValkyrie Haha I didn't recognize your name and was like "Who the...?" but now I realize that you changed your name hehe. This was definitely a sad one :( Everything is such a mess! And she's definitely not making things much better. But then again, neither is Erik... :/ And yes! Zayne has had enough at this point, and the foot is coming down. Thank you for reading!

@haswh We will see in Saturday's chapter that they pulled it together very, very briefly... But things are already unraveling again :( It's so sad. Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy your time with your family :)
    snvAF3B.png
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    @winterbaby20 esince Harper is Zayne's and Hope's only surviving child she can't technically be disowned.
    6adMCGP.gif
    MadameLee wrote: »
    since Harper is Zayne's and Hope's only surviving child she can't technically be disowned.

Haha I don't think that would stop them if they really wanted to disown her (but hopefully they won't!)
    snvAF3B.png
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    @winterbaby20 oh that's so sad, I really hope that doesn't happen to Harper.
    I'm rather impressed that Harper's managed to stay with Erik for this long. As @pammiechick said, he must be tough to live with, as much as I love Erik. But, then again, she is partly to blame by enabling Erik and not listening to the words of wisdom from her parents and friends.
    Still feel sorry for her though. She can be so dumb sometimes. :( Erik needs to take control of this situation too - although he really doesn't look like he's in a state to do much thinking.
    Still living with you're parents is just as difficult
    6adMCGP.gif
    @simscognito The past couple of years with Erik (it's been about two at this point) have most definitely not been easy! :( The whole thing is a big painful mess for these two, and neither of them are doing themselves any favors right now... :(
    snvAF3B.png
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member

As a certified basement-dwelling loser, I'd prefer living with overbearing parents to living with a heroin addict and having no family acknowledge me.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    InfraGreen wrote: »

As a certified basement-dwelling loser, I'd prefer living with overbearing parents to living with a heroin addict and having no family acknowledge me.

Off-topic @InfraGreen would you like a dad who
    speaks for you at every single doctor's appointment when YOUR the patient? Except for once?
    6adMCGP.gif
    @simscognito The past couple of years with Erik (it's been about two at this point) have most definitely not been easy! :( The whole thing is a big painful mess for these two, and neither of them are doing themselves any favors right now... :(

Wow, it's been that long?
    One of my readers, the incredibly talented @gaba.art on Instagram, sent me this stunning drawing of Harper. :love: I just had to share it! She looks so strong and so at peace... maybe one day this vision of her will become a reality?

YOfB5Ec.jpg
    snvAF3B.png
    It's beautiful. It captures Harpers attitude and her belief that she is in control.
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    It's beautiful. It captures Harpers attitude and her belief that she is in control.

I agree ... it’s gorgeous.
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    Whoaaaaa! :o The drawer really has a lot of talent!
    And for the chapter, I don't find the right (or new) words... Just a little confused that Harper has given up stealing. Let's hope she won't restart it :/ The matter with Erik was depressing but not unexpected, was it?
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    @MrsRacooney Saturday's chapter will mention it a little more, but basically she's just gotten herself terrified of getting caught again. Her fear is actually outweighing her compulsion to steal at this point :open_mouth:

And yes, this whole situation is just so sad :( But maybe things will get better...?
    snvAF3B.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top