Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Successful breeding of Pets?

Comments

• alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I am checking back into this thread to report that I successfully mated cats on the first try!
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    Okay so after doing some testing, I had decided to place a male dog in the household that had female dogs.aaaannd...

tumblr_ozfeej8DRf1sbdtgso2_1280.png
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • fluff9801fluff9801 Posts: 1 New Member
    I found it worked better with pets that were friendly, so you could tell them to be friendly to the other, which would boost their relationship.
  • Dallas1526Dallas1526 Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Nadia6538 said:
    > I am having trouble with the labour part. It said that my dog was on labour and she had two puppies and I got to name them. They didn’t even turn up. I have no clue what’s going on please help if you know

I also have this problem, I have tried multiple times. It's always a case of the birth happens, I name the pups, then nothing. Moved house after one instance and two miraculously appeared. Though they were two different litters and blatantly not the same breed as the parents who were both Irish Wolfhounds. I've looked around since Cats and Dogs came out and I can't find any solution to this.
  • BanditizedBanditized Posts: 3 New Member
    I just made a new household with two akita/pit bull mixes. They seemed to like eachother, and then I asked them both to be nice to eachother. Then I noticed they were both in heat so I encouraged the male to mate with the female and she got pregnant first try! I was notified pretty much right away since my sim was sleeping and time was sped up. How long does it take for the dog to go into labor?
  • Mack2AttackMack2Attack Posts: 1 New Member
    does anyone know how to make a stray pet?
  • AngelWolf97AngelWolf97 Posts: 3 New Member
    [quote="Banditized;c-16157784"]I'm trying to breed my two dogs. The female is in heat, she's howling with hearts all the time. I encourage the male to mate with her but when they get face to face they growl and in their thought bubbles they have the other dog's face crossed out. But then the female walks away and keeps howling and blowing hearts. They keep doing the growling thing over and over and over again, I don't know what to do[/quote]

[quote="Banditized;c-16157784"]I'm trying to breed my two dogs. The female is in heat, she's howling with hearts all the time. I encourage the male to mate with her but when they get face to face they growl and in their thought bubbles they have the other dog's face crossed out. But then the female walks away and keeps howling and blowing hearts. They keep doing the growling thing over and over and over again, I don't know what to do[/quote]
  • AngelWolf97AngelWolf97 Posts: 3 New Member
    [quote="Banditized;c-16159722"][quote="alan650111;c-16158101"][quote="Banditized;c-16157784"]I'm trying to breed my two dogs. The female is in heat, she's howling with hearts all the time. I encourage the male to mate with her but when they get face to face they growl and in their thought bubbles they have the other dog's face crossed out. But then the female walks away and keeps howling and blowing hearts. They keep doing the growling thing over and over and over again, I don't know what to do[/quote]

This sounds like they dislike each other to be honest. There must be requirements of certain relationships for them to breed. What traits do they each

I’m having the exact same issues! I even made the owners be friends with both too. I dont know what to do. I’ve tried over fifty times.
  • HelkkuliHelkkuli Posts: 92 Member
    I have had also those dissapearing puppies. I name them but they never show up on the bottom of the screen where my other sims and pets are. I have plenty of room in the household for them. Few times I have found one or two puppies from the litter from my sims relationships panel and then called the puppy back to my sim and after that the puppy has been added in to household. But that doesn't work most of the times. For that reason I have also watched very closely my pets who are giving birth but it doesn't help so I'm thinking that it's not me losing the puppies it's likely a bug.
    14453827.jpg

CHECK OUT MY CELEBRITY LOOK A LIKE SIMS AND DOG BREEDS FROM MY INSTAGRAM @anomitesplayssims

My origin id is anomites
  • MettsenMettsen Posts: 185 Member
    KJB wrote: »
    I tried getting my cat to mate with different strays on the lot. I think Ive tried 4 different cats, a few times each. Still nothing. I wanted to adopt another cat to make it happen, but they're all neutered.

You can go to the vet an dhave them un-neutered for a fee.
  • MettsenMettsen Posts: 185 Member
    Nadia6538 wrote: »
    I am having trouble with the labour part. It said that my dog was on labour and she had two puppies and I got to name them. They didn’t even turn up. I have no clue what’s going on please help if you know

It's just a thought, but how big is that Sim household? Would puppies send the household over the limit?
  • tegteg87tegteg87 Posts: 305 Member
    I've have been trying to make two dogs breed pretty much from the day the pack released and had absolutely no joy - every time they were encouraged to breed they would growl at each other and the owner would get the sad moodlet. I had different members of the household encourage them, I moved the household out, deleted the house, replaced it and moved them back in, repaired the game and still nothing. Finally I snapped and adopted another male dog (because I really want to breed from this particular female) and directed her to breed with him minutes after he was adopted. She did first time, and is now pregnant.

I guess some dogs just really, really hate each other.
  • AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    JVQPkC9.jpg

The product of a Welsh Springer Spaniel and a Mastiff ^_^
  • jennlynhjennlynh Posts: 41 Member
    My game is really getting messed up. I created 2 cats, a male and female, and had them have the same traits. They STILL won't breed. The other male and female got into a fight and dust was everywhere LOL. I think there is a mod error because then my Sim couldn't get pregnant. She would go into labor twice and nothing, said error. For some reason I had my Mod folder in the screen shot part of Sims 4, which I don't get why it would even work. I got rid of that one, copied and pasted all the mods, and created a new Mod folder in the main Sims 4 folder.

Anyone have a clue what is going on with the breeding?

Oh I have MCC Command Center and 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
  • jennlynhjennlynh Posts: 41 Member
    How can you tell when they are in heat?
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    ChambersN wrote: »
    Took about 10 times to mate ..and then I had two male pups:)

Wow 10 times?! Hopefully it doesn't take me that long. Now my female raccoon Asparagus ran away! So the wait is prolonged yet again! GRR Haha

Wow, I'm impressed. I've yet to even see a raccoon in the game, let alone make pets of them. :open_mouth: Be carefully, in RL they're not the friendliest of animals.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    ChambersN wrote: »
    Took about 10 times to mate ..and then I had two male pups:)

Wow 10 times?! Hopefully it doesn't take me that long. Now my female raccoon Asparagus ran away! So the wait is prolonged yet again! GRR Haha

Wow, I'm impressed. I've yet to even see a raccoon in the game, let alone make pets of them. :open_mouth: Be carefully, in RL they're not the friendliest of animals.

You can make the raccoon right in CAS so I ended up making 2. They are so adorable and I love that they have their own voice because when I play them I don't feel like they are a cat even if they have same animations.
  • DrunkenTransmanDrunkenTransman Posts: 1 New Member
    Also having breeding issues, though I think my problem is due to the fact my cats don't like each other. Some of you said to use the 'be nice to' option but I can't find it when clicking on either cat. Where is this option?
  • KaylaBelleableKaylaBelleable Posts: 1 New Member
    Okay, guys! I’m making my very first post on here just because I was having trouble with this and actually found a way to get my cats to have kittens.

So at first I had a male and a female cat in the house that just would NOT get along no matter what I did. They would literally get into fights and would hiss at each other, even when in heat. Finally, I transferred one of them over to another family and decided to adopt again and give it another try.

So, totally by accident, I got a male cat (which was an issue since my other cat was male), I didn’t realize this until they had already established a relationship though and had already built a friendship. When I realized the cat was male, I used the cas.fulleditmode cheat and changed the gender. After I did that, I went back into live mode and on my FIRST attempt at getting them to mate, they did.

I don’t know if this will work for everyone, but I figured I would post it so that you guys could give it a try!
  • YinalaYinala Posts: 132 Member
    edited November 2017
    I feel like they made it too hard for animals to get pregnant or maybe this is a bug? Someone on this thread said they had to try 20 times, in my opinion that is a bit much. Is it this hard in real life lol? I assume not?

Has anyone with the "MC Command Center" mod have a successful birth? I'm wondering if that is preventing it.
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    Does anybody know if your dog/cat can breed with a stray? Or is it by design that only pets living in the same houshold can do it?
  • JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    Does anybody know if your dog/cat can breed with a stray? Or is it by design that only pets living in the same houshold can do it?

My dog was able to breed with a stray...now I am waiting if she is pregnant or not...but the breeding part was successful.
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    That's great. So I'll have my dog tray again. ;)
  • LumiastaLumiasta Posts: 171 Member
    My household had a sim couple and two dogs each, so four dogs. Two small dogs grew up together with one of the sims, the other two dogs grew up together with the other sim, until the human sims got married and moved in together. That sort of formed dog-couples already, the two small dogs are very friendly toward each other and have licked each other's faces since the time they're pupsters, and the two big dogs are clearly friends, too.

There' s a male and a female in both dog couples, and I never had them fixed, so you can imagine it's been quite a heat-circus occasionally. I never encouraged them to mate, but let them do and live and love as they liked, also to test how it works. I've played the family for a long time now and I'm sure there's easily been over ten heats per dog and a lot of doggie-woohoo (the encourage option greys out when they've successfully mated, that's how I know they actually do it even if I don't happen to look when the hearts are flying), and not once did they get pregnant from that.

After their owners got a baby though I decided that it's time for the human baby to have her own doggie friend to grow up with, so I started encouraging them to mate whenever they were in heat. I didn't encourage them at any other time, feels too forceful, but when they were in heat, I encouraged them to mate with the one I knew they were friends with anyway.

First heat went past without pregnancy, but with the second heat my little doggie got pregnant. I was very worried after seeing many threads about breeding problems, but everything went smoothly: I noticed she was successfully pregnant immediately after because the puppy is my eighth household member, so all the encourage and other matings got instantly greyed out long before I got the actual game announcement about her being pregnant. It took about one sim-day before she went to labor, and then the pupster just appeared.

There's always those growling and picture-slashed-over thought bubbles during heat, but with the non-desired partner dogs. When not in heat, they all get along perfectly fine.

Also I think that the successful pregnant couple is better friends with each other than the other two, probably because I played them more when they were pupsters and growing up together. Now they're being adorable and licking their pupster's face too, 'n playing with him.

All of this just to give another 'this is how it went with me, and how long it took' description into the mix.
  • danceswithchaosdanceswithchaos Posts: 95 Member
    I haven't installed the game yet, but I recall with TS2 Pets, it could take days before the pets would even attempt mating, because their friendship needed to be high enough (much like Sims and whoohoo). It seems like a huge issue with C&D is that you can't view the pets' panels to see if that is in fact the problem.

The disappearing puppies/kittens thing is disturbing. I hope that issue gets fixed.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top