Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Full Responsibility & Manner Child Keeps Making Mess

So for about a week now, with autonomy enabled, one of my child Sims only thoughts pretty much seems to just be to "Make a Mess" every. where. I wanted her to play at the playground but she got off the monkey bars about 5 times in 2 hours to "Make a Mess". Is anyone else getting this because its getting pretty plum annoying...

She has every "Value" at full except for Conflict Res and Emotional Control (which was full but then dropped down from a phase) perhaps somehow not 100% emotional control causes this? Even then when she wasn't full on everything her first instinct when doing anything wasn't just to get up and Make a Mess every 10-15 sim minutes
PC Specs:
Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
16GB DDR4 RAM
128GB SSD
1TB 7200RPM HDD
NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
6685561181.png
Rogers Ignite 70u internet

Comments

• Options
    WonderAisWonderAis Posts: 102 Member
    I can't say for sure, so people can correct me if they want, but I'm pretty sure that children will still try and make a mess regardless of where any of their character values are, considering the traits like 'good manners' or 'controlled emotions' aren't actually implemented until sims age up into young adults. I believe children will still make a mess because they are still learning so their character values will fluctuate.
    Perhaps every 10-15 minutes is excessive. I can see how that would be irritating during gameplay.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    WonderAis wrote: »
    I can't say for sure, so people can correct me if they want, but I'm pretty sure that children will still try and make a mess regardless of where any of their character values are, considering the traits like 'good manners' or 'controlled emotions' aren't actually implemented until sims age up into young adults. I believe children will still make a mess because they are still learning so their character values will fluctuate.
    Perhaps every 10-15 minutes is excessive. I can see how that would be irritating during gameplay.

This is correct, character values don't have an influence on behavior. None of the values matter until the point that the sim becomes a young adult and gets a trait.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
    I checked to see if it was somehow related to the MCCommandcenter mod so I removed it and also put in Less Make a Mess Mod. She hasn't made a mess yet so far but I won't be surprised if she makes another one :D I wouldn't expect never making messes from what you guys said about char traits not really in effect yet, but every 15 mins was getting a bit ridiculous, hopefully one of the things I did will fix or help it.
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited November 2017
    Hello
    Kids will want to “ make a mess” but it does seem your sim is wanting to do it quite frequently.
    Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

The MC Command Center mod shouldn’t cause this issue.
  • Options
    klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    I can confirm that this has been an issue in my game as well. My “responsible” and “well-mannered” child will occasionally attempt to make a mess while Playful and will get off the monkey bars frequently to do so. Before the patch, she never made a mess autonomously. The values traits did make a difference before the update. As far as I can tell, it’s only the “make a mess” interaction and the autonomy related to the value trait that’s glitched. Otherwise, the rest of the values traits and the Sim’s autonomous decisions related to them function properly.
  • Options
    jessica925jessica925 Posts: 33 Member
    My sim children have always made a mess around monkey bars, even before the Nov patch. It's got so that if I'm playing in a house where I don't control every sim (such as in most houses of the Drifter Challenge) I often get rid of the monkey bars. I also find any public areas with Monkey Bars have messes around them (ie made by all the neighbourhood children). I thought I saw somewhere on the forums discussing this, which is how I came across this thread, but haven't been able to find that particular thread. I also regularly clear my game cache, so that doesn't seem to help me with this, though I know helps in general. :)