Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Soundtrack is HORRIBLE

13...Next

Comments

• SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited July 2014
    it's cute. Not as catchy as Sims 3 but I like it. Probably one of the best things about S4.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited July 2014
    I like it pretty well. It's got that Sims feel to it. My favorite soundtrack is Sims 2.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited July 2014
    snurfles wrote:
    I like it pretty well. It's got that Sims feel to it. My favorite soundtrack is Sims 2.
    Mmm...Bare Bones. My all time favourite.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    edited July 2014
    Simpkin wrote:
    snurfles wrote:

Remember the TS2 Nightlife Neighborhood Theme by Junkie XL? Now that was epic.
    LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwCNSNIVObI
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited July 2014
    sims152318 wrote:
    Simpkin wrote:
    snurfles wrote:

Oh yeah, good funky stuff. :D
  • simssims2sims3simssims2sims3 Posts: 400 Member
    edited July 2014
    sims152318 wrote:
    Simpkin wrote:
    snurfles wrote:

Yeah I loved this one. I like how the Sims 2 introduced guitar/rock elements as well as some electronic synthesizers. The Sims 3 soundtrack was too orchestral. Violin overload.
  • aleahl213aleahl213 Posts: 30 Member
    edited July 2014
    I like them, but The Sims 1 and 2 will always be my favorite, especially this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMpbqBRzbCQ
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited July 2014
    Crear in Spanish means "to create" -- so maybe this music is only for Create A Sim. And maybe the different ones are for different functions, or maybe even different age groups. Likely there will be different music for Buy mode and Build mode, or for transitions (loading screens). And totally different music for radio stations and parties.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited July 2014
    sims152318 wrote:
    Simpkin wrote:
    snurfles wrote:

Yeah I loved this one. I like how the Sims 2 introduced guitar/rock elements as well as some electronic synthesizers. The Sims 3 soundtrack was too orchestral. Violin overload.

This one was my favorite: http://youtu.be/ReQa2CK-TNc 8)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • alliehuealliehue Posts: 16 Member
    totally hate build mode music. miss ts3 tunes as well as their predecessors. but there is this one song on ts4 that i actually for the first time in my gaming history, MUTE. and if i were completely honest, i don't much like any of the ts4 tunes. just disappointing.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    This is what video game music should sound like: :blush:

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    I’ve never cared for the sims music anyway (not including the simlish music on the radio). I always mute the game soundtrack, it gets annoying when spending a lot of time in CAS or build mode.
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    TS4 is the first sims game i play without music
    it started with the overlapping music in world view
    but then the jingles with every change of mood or whatever irrelevant things my sims are doing started to get on my nerves
    the only in game music i play are the radio stations & there in most cases Winter Holliday & Retro :joy:
    before that nightclub disaster i enjoyed the clubbing music
    i miss many different genres though
    & i think TS4 background music is not as catchy as in all 3 previous iterations, those stick forever
    i can't even recall anymore what it sounded like as i still had it playing

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited November 2017
    The Sims 2 will forever be my favorite. Oh my goodness, so much variety and so much listening pleasure. IMO, there's no comparison in anything that has come since. I don't remember much about TS3, though, I've played recently. That says a lot. The music was forgettable. TS4 just annoys me in its...generic-ness. Boring. That's almost worse than forgetting the music. At least when I forget, I'm not annoyed.

In TS4, music immediately goes off. Stereo music is replaced by custom stuff. That should have fixed some of the problem, however, TS4's audio is terrible. Most of the time, I can't hear what's on the stereo unless I spend time trying to find the "sweet spot". Otherwise, the awesome custom music goes away. :neutral:

@TOLKIEN I really love the Mass Effect soundtracks. I think that a couple of the tracks on ME2 actually gave me goosebumps. So evocative. Amazing stuff.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    TS2 soundtrack was fun especially getting the original artists to re-record their songs in "Simmlish". "Too Shy", "Easy" and "What A Letdown" come to mind. I still have the three Barenaked Ladies songs that EA/Maxis put up on the BBS (before it became forums) still and listen to them. Mike Mothersbaugh wrote the Sims 2 soundtrack if I remember correctly.

If I have to pick a favorite game soundtrack, it's "Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim". I do have to add that I love "The Dawn Will Come" from Dragon Age Inquisition.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • alliehuealliehue Posts: 16 Member
    > @alliehue said:
    > totally hate build mode music. miss ts3 tunes as well as their predecessors. but there is this one song on ts4 that i actually for the first time in my gaming history, MUTE. and if i were completely honest, i don't much like any of the ts4 tunes. just disappointing.

I have been away from game play Sims 4 for over 1 year. That insipid music, you fixed it! YIPPIE! And you added more voices...it is wonderful!!!! I came back because i missed building houses...so the extras and that music fix is a pleasant surprise!!! I may stay a little longer. Nice additions.
    (I sure hope i didn't necropost this, i just wanted to update my thoughts)
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    The Sims 1 soundtrack stays the best and one of the most iconic soundtracks in gaming industry!