Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Combined list of most pet issues that simmers are having

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    Lumiasta wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello
    > Try having your sim and the dog travel to the puppy park and see if playing there may help the dog.
    > Changing his traits may cause issues .

Thank you, traveling to the puppy park fixed him, and he's back to his old energetic active self!

I normally never change traits, and understand that that can create bugs, but I really wanted them to learn to go potty on their own, so took the risk. Now all four dogs can go potty outside on their own!

It is great that the dog is back to how he was! :)
  • chidoriaidachidoriaida Posts: 282 Member
    1. Bringing 2 or more pets to the vet for spay/neuter causes problem. The procedure with the first pet goes smoothly. But when I sign up for the 2nd pet, the vet will take it to the exam table instead of the surgical machine. So I have to cancel that interaction (end early) and sign up again for spay/neuter, and then the vet will take the pet to the surgical machine.

2. Sometimes after I signed up for a procedure/exam, the vets will just stand there and do nothing. Sometimes they will treat other patients, but just not my pet. This is annoying and a waste of time.
    1. Bringing 2 or more pets to the vet for spay/neuter causes problem. The procedure with the first pet goes smoothly. But when I sign up for the 2nd pet, the vet will take it to the exam table instead of the surgical machine. So I have to cancel that interaction (end early) and sign up again for spay/neuter, and then the vet will take the pet to the surgical machine.

2. Sometimes after I signed up for a procedure/exam, the vets will just stand there and do nothing. Sometimes they will treat other patients, but just not my pet. This is annoying and a waste of time.

Hello
    It may be best to just take one of your pets at a time to the vets. It sounds like there are issues when two pets are brought there together. The game may be coded to associate one pet with one sim at a time when at the clinic, and it causes issues when two are there? I am not sure
    With the second issue, try testing and seeing if the same thing occurs when attending a different clinic in the game.
  • ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Reitanna wrote: »
    the cheat to fill needs and disable needs decay no longer works. it shows up, but it doesn't make my sims happy. doing it through the mailbox and through the sim don't work.

Hello
    Move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. There may be an issue with your mods/cc that is causing issues. Make sure that you have typed in first : testingcheats true

welp, time to spend another few hours a-huntin'!
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
    edited November 2017
    rosemow wrote: »
    the cheat to fill needs and disable needs decay no longer works. it shows up, but it doesn't make my sims happy. doing it through the mailbox and through the sim don't work.

Hello
    Move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. There may be an issue with your mods/cc that is causing issues. Make sure that you have typed in first : testingcheats true

welp, time to spend another few hours a-huntin'!

Hello
    First test after moving the mods folder, to see if it is caused by mods/cc or not.
  • LadyLlamacornLadyLlamacorn Posts: 10 New Member
    Heya.
    However I'm having trouble with the breeding. My two cats are adopted, and and I encouraged them to mate. This worked. But when my cat is giving birth my household goes into a T-pose for a second and no kittens appear, even though she gave birth to three. I've tried twice and the same thing happened.
    I go to "manage worlds" and save while doing so, and I go back to the household to check. A random spawned kitten has appeared, and doesn't look like their parents at all. This kitten is also broken? Only has one trait, and when it aged up I couldn't lecture it to not do things. So it kept waking me up at night, jumping on counters and eating the sims food. I decided to put the cat up for adoption and try again. The same thing happened. The same kitten model popped up and everything... I've tried to repair the game to see if the game works fine now...

I've also had problems with lecturing my two adopted cats. I would lecture them to not jump on counters, the game says they've learned not to do so anymore, but they continue doing it and the lecture option pops up again.
    One of them also just now out of nowhere got into a really weird bugged pose mid-air, and stayed in that pose for like 20-30 seconds. I made a couple screenshots of it.

I have no mods or anything, always played the game in vanilla.
    Heya.
    However I'm having trouble with the breeding. My two cats are adopted, and and I encouraged them to mate. This worked. But when my cat is giving birth my household goes into a T-pose for a second and no kittens appear, even though she gave birth to three. I've tried twice and the same thing happened.
    I go to "manage worlds" and save while doing so, and I go back to the household to check. A random spawned kitten has appeared, and doesn't look like their parents at all. This kitten is also broken? Only has one trait, and when it aged up I couldn't lecture it to not do things. So it kept waking me up at night, jumping on counters and eating the sims food. I decided to put the cat up for adoption and try again. The same thing happened. The same kitten model popped up and everything... I've tried to repair the game to see if the game works fine now...

I've also had problems with lecturing my two adopted cats. I would lecture them to not jump on counters, the game says they've learned not to do so anymore, but they continue doing it and the lecture option pops up again.
    One of them also just now out of nowhere got into a really weird bugged pose mid-air, and stayed in that pose for like 20-30 seconds. I made a couple screenshots of it.

I have no mods or anything, always played the game in vanilla.

Hello @LadyLlamacorn
    I am sorry that you are having these issues.
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

If the issue remains, it would be good to post feedback on this AHQ EA site thread . EA is asking for save games from simmers who have this issue
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/SAVES-NEEDED-CD-Kitten-Puppies-not-added-to-household-after/m-p/6408693#M49834
  • kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member
    I don't know if anyone else has reported this but my sims are constantly sleeping or napping on the settees even when they have the active trait and their sleep bars are almost full. It is driving me mad that when I organise a club get together they are all finding places to sleep/nap!
    I don't know if anyone else has reported this but my sims are constantly sleeping or napping on the settees even when they have the active trait and their sleep bars are almost full. It is driving me mad that when I organise a club get together they are all finding places to sleep/nap!

Hello @kerryemmiebeth
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issues are still there.
    If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
    Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
  • mossbossmossboss Posts: 31 Member
    My sims keep doing odd things since getting the expansion, where they're doing additional things on the way to completing a task
    For example, I give the instruction to paint or talk to a sim, and they will go out of the way to sit down somewhere, often in different rooms or on the other side of the house completely, and then wait for some sim minutes and continue on their way to doing the task.
    Trying to teach a toddler to dance resulted in the parent sim putting the toddler on the counter and then walking to a different room, sitting on the couch and getting the "wait for toddler" interaction in the task list. The toddler is stuck, resetting the sim didn't work so I had to exit the game without saving.

In addition, all of my sims, save the toddlers, have the option to "flirt with self" with the insane trait icon on mirrors despite none of them having the actual trait.

The cats also are repeatedly failing at breeding. It'll say to wait for a day for results every time I try to breed them after the first time, but it keeps popping up days after the initial breeding, and then goes away.

I've never seen any of this before the cats and dogs update.
    mossboss wrote: »
    My sims keep doing odd things since getting the expansion, where they're doing additional things on the way to completing a task
    For example, I give the instruction to paint or talk to a sim, and they will go out of the way to sit down somewhere, often in different rooms or on the other side of the house completely, and then wait for some sim minutes and continue on their way to doing the task.
    Trying to teach a toddler to dance resulted in the parent sim putting the toddler on the counter and then walking to a different room, sitting on the couch and getting the "wait for toddler" interaction in the task list. The toddler is stuck, resetting the sim didn't work so I had to exit the game without saving.

In addition, all of my sims, save the toddlers, have the option to "flirt with self" with the insane trait icon on mirrors despite none of them having the actual trait.

The cats also are repeatedly failing at breeding. It'll say to wait for a day for results every time I try to breed them after the first time, but it keeps popping up days after the initial breeding, and then goes away.

I've never seen any of this before the cats and dogs update.

Hello
    Your first issue is similar to what simmers were posting on this AHQ EA site thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Routing-Sit-down-issue-on-several-interactions/m-p/4553170#M13174

Othe simmers are also having the issue with the insane trait interaction on the mirror
    This AHQ EA thresd refers to the issue
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Flirt-with-Self-insane-trait-option-shows-up-for-all-sims/m-p/6405036#M49711
  • mossbossmossboss Posts: 31 Member
    @rosemow thanks! i'll look into those threads. i find it a little odd that these things have apparently been happening to others for a while now, but it took downloading cats & dogs for my computer to get it.
    mossboss wrote: »
    @rosemow thanks! i'll look into those threads. i find it a little odd that these things have apparently been happening to others for a while now, but it took downloading cats & dogs for my computer to get it.

You’re welcome :) The issue with the mirror interaction has occurred since the release of the recent game patches /new ep release.
  • LadyLlamacornLadyLlamacorn Posts: 10 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @LadyLlamacorn
    > I am sorry that you are having these issues.
    > Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
    >
    > If the issue remains, it would be good to post feedback on this AHQ EA site thread . EA is asking for save games from simmers who have this issue

Yes I'm still having issues. I tried to breed the same cats again since they're now in old age and really wanted them to have kittens... But the same issue happened: Only a brown looking kitten, same model as before and doesn't look like their parents at all :(
    Where should I upload my save file?
    edited November 2017
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @LadyLlamacorn
    > I am sorry that you are having these issues.
    > Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
    >
    > If the issue remains, it would be good to post feedback on this AHQ EA site thread . EA is asking for save games from simmers who have this issue

Yes I'm still having issues. I tried to breed the same cats again since they're now in old age and really wanted them to have kittens... But the same issue happened: Only a brown looking kitten, same model as before and doesn't look like their parents at all :(
    Where should I upload my save file?

Hello @LadyLlamacorn
    You can post feedback on this AHQ EA site
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/SAVES-NEEDED-CD-Kitten-Puppies-not-added-to-household-after/m-p/6408693#M49834
    This link explains how to share files with EA
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065302
  • EnderGamer87EnderGamer87 Posts: 248 Member
    The only bug I found is when a Dog is in Labor and you go to Manage Households, the Dog’s skin is 🐸🐸🐸🐸 around a sims model.
  • Rocstar131Rocstar131 Posts: 2 New Member
    Issues I've noticed since the November Cats& Dogs patch

1.) Rotating toy boxes-- I think it's when I leave the lot, but it seems to happen when I go into build mode too.
    2.) Missing food bowls-- I do have a gardener, but he's been with my Sim since she was a teenager living at her parent's house. He's never stolen anything else from any of the lots he's worked on (he also doesn't have any traits that might indicate an unusual affinity for food bowls).
    3.) Prior to the patch I never had major issues with festival clothing-- yes, Sims from my inactive households were wearing ridiculous things at the festivals, but, though that was more often than not slightly more annoying than amusing, it wasn't a huge deal because the next time I saw them, they had changed back into their regular clothes. Now, I have Sims who seem to have found their "festival look" and they wear it every time I run into them. When I invite them to the house, travel with them, or accept their invites to an event, they tend to be fine, but during every random, unplanned encounter they are wearing their festival hats and glasses (which are truly the most annoying part of the outfits)
    4.) I think this issue might be related to the previous one, but my Sims keep defaulting back to outfits that are tied to specific lots or events. For example, my female Sim was randomly switching back into the wedding dress that she wore when I first loaded her wedding event (before I changed her into the look I had actually chosen for her). Around the same time, my male Sim had had an alien baby that he had at the hospital, and he would randomly change into his hospital gown. Since the wedding, she has also had a baby, so there has been no more wedding dress, but now she is frequently wearing her hospital gown (I have noticed that she seems to always change into it when she returns home from taking the dogs for a jog, as though she is changing from her active wear into an "everyday" outfit. So, I am wondering if this might be a cache issue-- like these looks should be stored temporarily, but instead they keep reappearing as though they were saved in the same way that my other outfits are. I have closed and restarted the game since this happened, but I haven't tried to clear the cache since then, so I'm thinking maybe that will help with both this and the previous issue (??))
    5.) I have had similar issues to some of the above posters in terms of my dogs. The first dog I added to my family behaves perfectly. She learned how to take herself out when she needs to go potty and she behaves just like I'd expect her to. The second dog, on the other hand, can never seem to figure out how to find his (full) food bowl or take himself to the bathroom. Well, he does eventually, but not until he has spent several Sim hours at the front door whining (the dog door and the three unlocked doors that lead to the designated potty area are all in the back of the house). Then, I get the chastising notification reminding me that my dog has needs and I'm not meeting them, at which point, he generally gets it together and takes care of these needs on his own. He also has the smart trait, which should make him learn things like this more quickly. To be fair, he does also have the stubborn and troublemaker traits, but it seems that these traits have to do with corrective training ("lecture about. . ." (etc.). However, I think that owing to the smart trait, he actually responds to these corrective commands remarkably quickly (usually after one lecture/scold), and yet, he can't do basic things that a dog should be able to do. Also, I tried waiting for him to do an "indoor potty," so that I could lecture him about it and see if maybe that "trains" him to go out one his own, but he never does resort to indoor potty, he just whines and then eventually goes (though more often than not I have a Sim stop what they're doing to ask him to go potty-- I may be projecting, but I swear my Sims are not so much "asking" as begging him to please, for the love of dogs everywhere, to just go to the bathroom.)
    6.) I also have a third dog who does not have the same issue that the second dog does, but she was constantly uncomfortable for weeks following a vet visit (we went for a check-up-- well, mostly so I could "experiment" with the age-up/age-down treats and see what the check-up entailed), so though I at first thought that it was an adorable detail that this dog would be terrified and sad when she saw where we were-- she had previously been spayed at this office-- I was far less charmed by the constant state of fear she seemed to be in for weeks afterward. I'm assuming this is a glitch because when I asked her what was wrong, I always got the notification that she was scared and just needed a moment to calm herself down. She does appear to have worked through her issues, but it has been weeks in Sim time. (For what it's worth, this dog has the loyal, active, and aggressive traits). Also, if it's helpful, the first dog-- the one who seems to be behaving completely as intended (or as I had intended, anyway) has the active, hairy, and playful traits.

6.5) I don't know if this is an issue or actually just how the game functions, but I'm not always convinced that the traits are manifesting the way that they're supposed to-- see the issues with the smart/stubborn/troublemaker dog, above. But, also, I gave my third dog the aggressive trait because the description said that with training these dogs can be trained to be less aggressive. My plan was to have my Sim "foster" this dog, train her, get her fixed, and then allow her mother to adopt the dog, but I was never really given any chance to work with her on aggressive behaviors. She did attack our other dog once, and I was able to lecture her then, but when she growls at the kids or the other dogs, I can't do anything, and the "be nice to" interaction doesn't really seem to do anything at all. My guess is that this is how this was intended because it's kind of consistent with a Parenthood issue I noticed in which certain behaviors that should be punished (a toddler throwing their food on the floor instead of eating it, for example) cannot actually be punished, but other messes are punishable, although my guess is that since toddlers were able to do this prior to Parenthood it didn't make sense to add punishments for base game behaviors. But, this logic doesn't apply to Cats and Dogs where all the dogs behaviors are, of course, unique to the pack.
    ** Incidentally, although I wasn't able to punish my toddler, I was able to lecture my dog for eating human food when she ate the toddler's tantrum leftovers-- she didn't stop eating it, but her relationship with my Sim took quite a beating (and this was not the smart/stubborn/troublemaker dog).

Finally, less an issue and more of a comment, I will say that I was a little worried about not being able to control my pets just because I have seen how toddlers glitch out when you try to control them only via their caretakers, but the pets seem to be running much more smoothly than the toddlers, which I'm very happy about. I didn't expect my dog to age up without any sort of warning, which kind of sucked, but I stocked up on age-down treats and these are a really great mechanic that does help make up for not being able to see when pets are getting close to aging up. A warning would have been nice-- I was playing with a Sim version of my dog who passed away fairly recently, so when she aged up it really caught me off guard. But, I did have my vet treats available, so it worked out in the end. However, I do wish that we had options to control our pets that are comparable to the options we have for NPC Sims-- "Add to Group," "Lock door for everyone but [specific dog]," etc. You can lock the dog doors this way, but this is kind of useless (as are the dog doors, for that matter) when the dogs can just use the human doors anyway.

And, along these same lines-- another issue I noticed-- toddlers can use the dog doors and there is no way to lock them out. I was so proud of myself for finally building a realistic toddler-friendly house, complete with a "baby gate" on top of the stairs, a fenced-in pool area, and exterior doors that they couldn't just wander through and right out into the street (or into the toddler playset where they invariably end up with a scraped knee). And then I watched as my dog door parted for my toddler like it was the Red Sea and she was Jesus, effectively ended my dream of a safe and secure toddlerhood for my little one.
    ** I know that the game mechanics guarantee this, but as an aunt and sometimes live-in nanny to two toddlers, I have a visceral reaction every time I switch over to my toddler and find him/her weaving through traffic or wobble-running along the perimeter of the family pool.
    edited November 2017
    Rocstar131 wrote: »
    Issues I've noticed since the November Cats& Dogs patch

1.) Rotating toy boxes-- I think it's when I leave the lot, but it seems to happen when I go into build mode too.
    2.) Missing food bowls-- I do have a gardener, but he's been with my Sim since she was a teenager living at her parent's house. He's never stolen anything else from any of the lots he's worked on (he also doesn't have any traits that might indicate an unusual affinity for food bowls).
    3.) Prior to the patch I never had major issues with festival clothing-- yes, Sims from my inactive households were wearing ridiculous things at the festivals, but, though that was more often than not slightly more annoying than amusing, it wasn't a huge deal because the next time I saw them, they had changed back into their regular clothes. Now, I have Sims who seem to have found their "festival look" and they wear it every time I run into them. When I invite them to the house, travel with them, or accept their invites to an event, they tend to be fine, but during every random, unplanned encounter they are wearing their festival hats and glasses (which are truly the most annoying part of the outfits)
    4.) I think this issue might be related to the previous one, but my Sims keep defaulting back to outfits that are tied to specific lots or events. For example, my female Sim was randomly switching back into the wedding dress that she wore when I first loaded her wedding event (before I changed her into the look I had actually chosen for her). Around the same time, my male Sim had had an alien baby that he had at the hospital, and he would randomly change into his hospital gown. Since the wedding, she has also had a baby, so there has been no more wedding dress, but now she is frequently wearing her hospital gown (I have noticed that she seems to always change into it when she returns home from taking the dogs for a jog, as though she is changing from her active wear into an "everyday" outfit. So, I am wondering if this might be a cache issue-- like these looks should be stored temporarily, but instead they keep reappearing as though they were saved in the same way that my other outfits are. I have closed and restarted the game since this happened, but I haven't tried to clear the cache since then, so I'm thinking maybe that will help with both this and the previous issue (??))
    5.) I have had similar issues to some of the above posters in terms of my dogs. The first dog I added to my family behaves perfectly. She learned how to take herself out when she needs to go potty and she behaves just like I'd expect her to. The second dog, on the other hand, can never seem to figure out how to find his (full) food bowl or take himself to the bathroom. Well, he does eventually, but not until he has spent several Sim hours at the front door whining (the dog door and the three unlocked doors that lead to the designated potty area are all in the back of the house). Then, I get the chastising notification reminding me that my dog has needs and I'm not meeting them, at which point, he generally gets it together and takes care of these needs on his own. He also has the smart trait, which should make him learn things like this more quickly. To be fair, he does also have the stubborn and troublemaker traits, but it seems that these traits have to do with corrective training ("lecture about. . ." (etc.). However, I think that owing to the smart trait, he actually responds to these corrective commands remarkably quickly (usually after one lecture/scold), and yet, he can't do basic things that a dog should be able to do. Also, I tried waiting for him to do an "indoor potty," so that I could lecture him about it and see if maybe that "trains" him to go out one his own, but he never does resort to indoor potty, he just whines and then eventually goes (though more often than not I have a Sim stop what they're doing to ask him to go potty-- I may be projecting, but I swear my Sims are not so much "asking" as begging him to please, for the love of dogs everywhere, to just go to the bathroom.)
    6.) I also have a third dog who does not have the same issue that the second dog does, but she was constantly uncomfortable for weeks following a vet visit (we went for a check-up-- well, mostly so I could "experiment" with the age-up/age-down treats and see what the check-up entailed), so though I at first thought that it was an adorable detail that this dog would be terrified and sad when she saw where we were-- she had previously been spayed at this office-- I was far less charmed by the constant state of fear she seemed to be in for weeks afterward. I'm assuming this is a glitch because when I asked her what was wrong, I always got the notification that she was scared and just needed a moment to calm herself down. She does appear to have worked through her issues, but it has been weeks in Sim time. (For what it's worth, this dog has the loyal, active, and aggressive traits). Also, if it's helpful, the first dog-- the one who seems to be behaving completely as intended (or as I had intended, anyway) has the active, hairy, and playful traits.

6.5) I don't know if this is an issue or actually just how the game functions, but I'm not always convinced that the traits are manifesting the way that they're supposed to-- see the issues with the smart/stubborn/troublemaker dog, above. But, also, I gave my third dog the aggressive trait because the description said that with training these dogs can be trained to be less aggressive. My plan was to have my Sim "foster" this dog, train her, get her fixed, and then allow her mother to adopt the dog, but I was never really given any chance to work with her on aggressive behaviors. She did attack our other dog once, and I was able to lecture her then, but when she growls at the kids or the other dogs, I can't do anything, and the "be nice to" interaction doesn't really seem to do anything at all. My guess is that this is how this was intended because it's kind of consistent with a Parenthood issue I noticed in which certain behaviors that should be punished (a toddler throwing their food on the floor instead of eating it, for example) cannot actually be punished, but other messes are punishable, although my guess is that since toddlers were able to do this prior to Parenthood it didn't make sense to add punishments for base game behaviors. But, this logic doesn't apply to Cats and Dogs where all the dogs behaviors are, of course, unique to the pack.
    ** Incidentally, although I wasn't able to punish my toddler, I was able to lecture my dog for eating human food when she ate the toddler's tantrum leftovers-- she didn't stop eating it, but her relationship with my Sim took quite a beating (and this was not the smart/stubborn/troublemaker dog).

Finally, less an issue and more of a comment, I will say that I was a little worried about not being able to control my pets just because I have seen how toddlers glitch out when you try to control them only via their caretakers, but the pets seem to be running much more smoothly than the toddlers, which I'm very happy about. I didn't expect my dog to age up without any sort of warning, which kind of plum, but I stocked up on age-down treats and these are a really great mechanic that does help make up for not being able to see when pets are getting close to aging up. A warning would have been nice-- I was playing with a Sim version of my dog who passed away fairly recently, so when she aged up it really caught me off guard. But, I did have my vet treats available, so it worked out in the end. However, I do wish that we had options to control our pets that are comparable to the options we have for NPC Sims-- "Add to Group," "Lock door for everyone but [specific dog]," etc. You can lock the dog doors this way, but this is kind of useless (as are the dog doors, for that matter) when the dogs can just use the human doors anyway.

And, along these same lines-- another issue I noticed-- toddlers can use the dog doors and there is no way to lock them out. I was so proud of myself for finally building a realistic toddler-friendly house, complete with a "baby gate" on top of the stairs, a fenced-in pool area, and exterior doors that they couldn't just wander through and right out into the street (or into the toddler playset where they invariably end up with a scraped knee). And then I watched as my dog door parted for my toddler like it was the Red Sea and she was Jesus, effectively ended my dream of a safe and secure toddlerhood for my little one.
    ** I know that the game mechanics guarantee this, but as an aunt and sometimes live-in nanny to two toddlers, I have a visceral reaction every time I switch over to my toddler and find him/her weaving through traffic or wobble-running along the perimeter of the family pool.

Hello @Rocstar131
    You may like to post feedback on these AHQ EA threads that refer to the issues.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Pet-Toy-Box-changes-direction-on-it-s-own/m-p/6427182#M51690
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/SAVES-NEEDED-CD-Pet-food-bowls-disappear/m-p/6415603#M50567 ( EA is asking for save games from simmers affected by this issue )
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Weirdly-dress-NPCs-at-festivals-night-clubs-parties/m-p/6403878#M49684

There is a workaround for the issue of the Pet always feeling uncomfortable
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2017/11/pet-is-constantly-unconformable-scared/
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Anyone else having a problem with trying to add a dog in create a sim in a household that already exists? Because every time I try to add a dog my game screen goes into full screen and the screen completely freezes the image. And I can click and it’ll make the clicking noises but nothing will happen. I’ve tried restarting my laptop then going back into the game but every time I do that the same thing happens.

Hate to say it, but this has been happening to many users whose computers are below the minimum requirements for the pack, especially with Intel graphics cards.

agree. I think we need to be checking more DxDiag
  • ChesterWillowChesterWillow Posts: 5 New Member
    Pet carrier was left behind after my sim adopted a cat. I can't get rid of it.
  • KassurinKassurin Posts: 1 New Member
    Does anyone know if there's a way to disable pets on community lots (aside from dog parks)? I'd really like to create my own topic for this question, but it won't let me until I've earned enough badges or whatever, and this seemed like the most suitable thread for my question.
    Pet carrier was left behind after my sim adopted a cat. I can't get rid of it.

Hello
    This AHQ EA thread refers to the issue . It would be good to answer the questions that are in the first post of the thresd
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Unable-to-adopt-pets-pet-carrier-stays-on-lot/m-p/6410786#M50026
    Try seeing if coming completely out of the game and reloading helps to remove the carrier.
    Try having your sim travel to another lot and back, then see if that removes it,
    Kassurin wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there's a way to disable pets on community lots (aside from dog parks)? I'd really like to create my own topic for this question, but it won't let me until I've earned enough badges or whatever, and this seemed like the most suitable thread for my question.

Hello @Kassurin
    You can’t disable pets on community lots, but check to make sure that there isn’t pet related lot traits on the lots. Replace them with a different lot trait if it has a pet themed lot trait.
  • jacqpinksjacqpinks Posts: 2,118 Member
    edited November 2017
    I am having issues with the services, they don't come when I call them. I am also having an issue with Veterinarian not showing up for their shifts :(

the nanny wouldn't show up when I called her and the gardener keeps not showing up, one day she will arrive and do her job and other days not. I shut the game down and repair and they show up as soon as the game loads. I am going to check to see if that works with the Veterinarian. I am also going to see if just restarting the game works without repairing. I am finding that I have to repair my game frequently :worried:

I have also had the issue with Sims not completing a task with pets when directed to do so they just stand around until I cancel the interaction :(

I am also having the issue where Sims struggle to finish eating it is worse than trying to get my RL kids to eat lol

I have also noticed this lamp post in Brindleton bay is floating :(

23844589_1776398195705085_2598892403971158422_n.jpg?oh=99919b53550cc6fa5e841cd14c779672&oe=5AA5DEBC

Edit to add stuff, Missing pet bowls to bad I can't get my Sims to beat up the Gardener :O

and the Litter matic tray in my game always looks dirty :( I can replace it but as soon as the cats have used it it looks dirty again :'(

Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • Beatrice402Beatrice402 Posts: 15 New Member
    there used to be very good Cats and Dogs Mods from outburstt at Mod the Sim. They are gone. Does anybody know what happend?