The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Possible item hinting Seasons exp?

Comments

• kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    I really hope Seasons is a GP. I can't wait another year.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited November 2017
    I can't wait to have Seasons. Hopefully it will be the next EP. Children & dads playing in the snow while mum is cooking! It would be perfect!

Well, if that's not a sexist stereotype I don't know what is... :/

Don't you even know the sims is a game based about stereotypes?
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • SimlishTVSimlishTV Posts: 157 Member
    Seasons is always my longest-expected expansion. I really hope it will be released soon.
    9pwqto4xacbr.jpg
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I can't wait to have Seasons. Hopefully it will be the next EP. Children & dads playing in the snow while mum is cooking! It would be perfect!

You poor thing...
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • sundaysimmersundaysimmer Posts: 201 Member
    edited November 2017

I've never perceived the game as stereotypical in terms of gender or sexual orientation. It's been inclusive since TS1, and the gender fluidity patch for TS4 shows that the game is far from based on stereotypes but instead enables the player to make it theirs. There's small things, too, that implement equality, like both male and female parents being able to take family leave. In many countries, that's not a given yet!

ChadSims2 wrote: »

You poor thing...

Things like this might not matter much to you if you've never felt oppressed by them. Being confronted with gender norms you're expected to conform to over and over again can be extremely discouraging and depressing. I'm glad @the_greenplumbob called out that statement as sexist because that's exactly what it is!

My point is - and I'm not trying to pick a fight, I just deal with this topic on a daily basis as part of my research so I feel very passionately about it - if it doesn't matter to you or you don't think there's anything wrong with it, that's fine. I'm not trying to convince you otherwise. But if others do think there's a problem, don't belittle them.

Edited to apologize in advance to anyone who's annoyed that I'm further derailing this thread. I just think this is too important not to comment on.
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Fausti78 wrote: »
    Whit all the hints of seasons in the last ep do you think whe have to wait one more year ? i hope not.
    Unfortunately yes, I think they really are going to make us wait a year.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Whit all the hints of seasons in the last ep do you think whe have to wait one more year ? i hope not.

Yes, one EP a year. Next Nov. o:)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Yes, one EP a year. Next Nov. o:)

To be honest, I'm kinda hoping Seasons will be able to fit into a GP, because how things have gone so far, I have more faith that the GP team will be able to fully execute this theme. I don't wanna wait a whole year for an expansion pack that is launched with several favourite things I love about the previous iterations missing. And at least then we won't have to (hopefully) wait an entire year again...

Not sure if seasons is too demanding for a game pack, it probably is, but I really hope it isn't.
    Things like this might not matter much to you if you've never felt oppressed by them. Being confronted with gender norms you're expected to conform to over and over again can be extremely discouraging and depressing. I'm glad @the_greenplumbob called out that statement as sexist because that's exactly what it is!

My point is - and I'm not trying to pick a fight, I just deal with this topic on a daily basis as part of my research so I feel very passionately about it - if it doesn't matter to you or you don't think there's anything wrong with it, that's fine. I'm not trying to convince you otherwise. But if others do think there's a problem, don't belittle them.

Woop woop! You go girl!
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member

I've never perceived the game as stereotypical in terms of gender or sexual orientation. It's been inclusive since TS1, and the gender fluidity patch for TS4 shows that the game is far from based on stereotypes but instead enables the player to make it theirs. There's small things, too, that implement equality, like both male and female parents being able to take family leave. In many countries, that's not a given yet!

ChadSims2 wrote: »

You poor thing...

Edited to apologize in advance to anyone who's annoyed that I'm further derailing this thread. I just think this is too important not to comment on.

Thank you, these are important points and I agree with every one of them. If the Sims was "based on stereotypes" I definitely would not be playing it.

On topic: I find it interesting that they drop such clear hints this early. If we can expect seasons one year from now, it's very early to have these kind of hints, isn't it? The obvious pets hints didn't show up until Parenthood.
    I find it interesting that they drop such clear hints this early. If we can expect seasons one year from now, it's very early to have these kind of hints, isn't it? The obvious pets hints didn't show up until Parenthood.

I agree, it does seem early, that's why I think Seasons will probably be a game pack in early 2018

• sundaysimmersundaysimmer Posts: 201 Member
    I find it interesting that they drop such clear hints this early. If we can expect seasons one year from now, it's very early to have these kind of hints, isn't it? The obvious pets hints didn't show up until Parenthood.

I agree, it does seem early, that's why I think Seasons will probably be a game pack in early 2018

Oh, I really hope you're right! I miss weather and seasons in game so much.

While I do think that basic weather and seasonal changes could fit in a GP, that would probably mean that it wouldn't come with much else (festivals etc.). So maybe it's worth waiting for another year? I'm so indecisive when it comes to this.
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
  • Lucid_blehLucid_bleh Posts: 107 Member
    I have seen a lot of items hinting natural disasters like : earthquakes and floods , so if and when the next exp comes I hope this doesn't mean a lot of negative seasonal experiences ... :s
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

747a4083471d8b76843c1c120cf5bd98.jpg
  • Lucid_blehLucid_bleh Posts: 107 Member
    But all in all i cant wait for the seasonal pacs I can already tell that there will be a new stuff maybe even more pacs that goes together with the game pac . Seasons are always my favourite expansion pacs in all of the games so far <3 !
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

747a4083471d8b76843c1c120cf5bd98.jpg
  • NikNakNikNak Posts: 302 Member
    I have seen a lot of items hinting natural disasters like : earthquakes and floods , so if and when the next exp comes I hope this doesn't mean a lot of negative seasonal experiences ... :s

I do. I'm tired of my sims living in a consequence-free world. It's boring.
  • TaliferinaTaliferina Posts: 46 Member
    > @NikNak said:
    > oOo1Lucy1oOo wrote: »
    >
    > I have seen a lot of items hinting natural disasters like : earthquakes and floods , so if and when the next exp comes I hope this doesn't mean a lot of negative seasonal experiences ... :s
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I do. I'm tired of my sims living in a consequence-free world. It's boring.

Same. Every once in a while my sims'll get a cold but it's so easy to cure it, it's ridiculous. As soon as you see dizzy and there's no reason for it to be there, buy some medicine. Done. Give me a winter or fall illness that can't be cured with medicine as soon as your sim first sneezes. :|
    0sCPiZh.png
  • A'ishahA'ishah Posts: 40 Member
    A whole year? I hope not
  • NikNakNikNak Posts: 302 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    I really hope Seasons is a GP. I can't wait another year.

It would probably be way more in-depth than if it were an EP. Which makes little sense, but that's just how things seem to be done.
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited November 2017
    I'm very much convinced that any weather or seasons are going to come in the form of lot traits or worlds where weather is restricted to certain lots considering we already have weather or climate related traits (like sunny aspect and breezy and earthquake prone) So im really not that excited for seasons this time around. Which is sad because seasons was awesome in previous versions.
    I feel like im just going to ignore most of it in favor of lot traits i find more useful.
    It wouldnt be so bad if we got an extra trait slot for lots but again i feel like id end up swapping out lot traits when i want a season to end and still end up with a snowy lot next to one experiencing summer much like how one lot experiences earthquakes but every other home around it wont
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    edited November 2017
    Unpopular opinion but I actually hope seasons comes as a GP. They tend to be way more in depth with actual gameplay. EPs are great for bringing overall game changing features (see: clubs).

I actually hope what happens is they release an overall weather EP and flush it out with GPs. And I already know many are going to complain that is milking the cash cow but I would love it.

This is the pack I've been waiting for since basegame launch. I need it to be immersive and substantial with very specific seasonal gameplay. GPs are the way to go for that.
    Post edited by JayandMeeka on
  • ChiaraFoschianiChiaraFoschiani Posts: 50 Member
    I'm surprised no one has freaked out noticing this one, too.

5a1ac5a522c39206955351e8.jpg

People have noticed this before, but I think SimGuruDrake said that this wasn't a hint, but instead a bio the sims team found cute and funny
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member

People have noticed this before, but I think SimGuruDrake said that this wasn't a hint, but instead a bio the sims team found cute and funny

Its only really cute and funny in the context of The Sims and its lack of weather. In every day life if i saw that in a bio i would think "you sure like to take a lot of time to say nothing"
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    edited November 2017
    I would be willing to wager that Seasons will be an EP over a GP. The purposes of EPs are to expand the entire game whereas GPs are supposed to bring in a fleshed out aspect. Granted I think these rules have been bent slightly (City Living introduced a fleshed out aspect whereas Parenthood expanded family play significantly) but Seasons have typically been the biggest game changer and it will be one where they will really want to push sales on.

I never like to say the team "hint" in game (cats and dogs clothing have been in base game, Kids Room and City Living and Cats and Dogs came way after those) but there have been lots of Seasonal mentions (in CAP particularly) which makes me think it's more than a coincidence...
  • LaziMinxLaziMinx Posts: 53 Member
    Really hope that if it's out, seasons is a EP, Cause there will be more in the pack.