Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Holiday Cabin | A Build & Create-A-Sim Contest | [CLOSED]

Comments

• aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Sandraelle wrote: »
    Love your contest idea Ari! I hope I can find time to enter something, as I do really miss all the contests there used to be.

I miss them too @Sandraelle and I thought since I did one last year around this time, why not this year too! <3
    ciane wrote: »
    Oh, yes, of course, I'll enter. I can't resist. A little cabin with two bedrooms on a budget... that is something I will love doing. The wood floors through out... does that include bathroom?

Super glad you'll be joining @ciane! Oooh that's a good question - I'm going to make an exception for the bathroom, but throughout for the rest of the home.
  • RockleyfamilyRockleyfamily Posts: 5,730 Member
    This sounds amazing, put me down as a maybe cos with the long deadline I could get in game by then, I usually get in when I have holidays from work. I'm bookmarking this so I can have a nose at it either way :)
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    Oh, so many great builders already entered!

I'd like to have a try, cabins are fun to build but oh my that budget could get in the way!!
    This sounds amazing, put me down as a maybe cos with the long deadline I could get in game by then, I usually get in when I have holidays from work. I'm bookmarking this so I can have a nose at it either way :)

Hi @Rockleyfamily *waves wildly* you got it; I'll add you to the interested list :mrgreen:
    Kgaff wrote: »

I'd like to have a try, cabins are fun to build but oh my that budget could get in the way!!

Fabulous @Kgaff! Budgets aren't my forte either, but the last contest I did, the budget was bigger and no one seemed to have trouble, so I wanted to give a little bit of a challenge with this one :mrgreen:
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Kgaff wrote: »

Depreciation is your friend! :wink:
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    I have a question!
    Is there a specific world it needs to be built in, or a specific lot or lot size it needs to be placed on?
    edited November 2017
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    I have a question!
    Is there a specific world it needs to be built in, or a specific lot or lot size it needs to be placed on?

Nope not at all, just keep in mind the client's wants and needs and the budget and let your creativity flow.
  • pixiegamerpixiegamer Posts: 1,729 Member
    Interested! :) Hoping with the hols I'll have some time to get into my game - I'd really like to get back into it and this seems like a perfect jumping off point :)

[Also: aaaahhhh Ari!!! <3 Hope you've been well! :D ]
    Getting back into TS3! :smile:
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    ... okay, I'll admit it. I started building already. :blush:
    pixiegamer wrote: »
    Interested! :) Hoping with the hols I'll have some time to get into my game - I'd really like to get back into it and this seems like a perfect jumping off point :)

[Also: aaaahhhh Ari!!! <3 Hope you've been well! :D ]

*waves* @pixiegamer! Hi darlin'! I shall add you to the list and I can't wait to see what you do <3
    ... okay, I'll admit it. I started building already. :blush:

Yaay - the creative juices are already flowing - that's what I love to hear! :mrgreen:
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Until just now, when I bothered to digest the thread title, did I think of this as "holiday" as in Christmas. Just thinking of it as more like a getaway spot for holidays and vacation. I thought maybe I should ask before I go off in the wrong direction (ha! too late I was working like mad on it over the weekend ;) ).
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    suzses wrote: »
    Until just now, when I bothered to digest the thread title, did I think of this as "holiday" as in Christmas. Just thinking of it as more like a getaway spot for holidays and vacation. I thought maybe I should ask before I go off in the wrong direction (ha! too late I was working like mad on it over the weekend ;) ).

That's specifically why I didn't name it the Christmas Cabin Contest; I didn't want to limit anyone's creative freedom! Completely up to you in which direction you'd like to take this. :mrgreen:
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    aricarai wrote: »
    That's specifically why I didn't name it the Christmas Cabin Contest; I didn't want to limit anyone's creative freedom! Completely up to you in which direction you'd like to take this. :mrgreen:

Yay! Now, if I could just talk you into a larger budget . . .

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    suzses wrote: »
    aricarai wrote: »

Yay! Now, if I could just talk you into a larger budget . . .

:lol: - there's got to be some challenge here! :mrgreen:
  • Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    I have a feeling I'm going to be borrowing some of these builds for my own game, lol. Sounds like a lot of fun, I just have no idea how much time I'll have for sims going into the holiday season. Usually, there's quite a bit of travel involved for us at this time of year! But even if I don't get a chance to actually build something, I'll be lurking to see what everyone else makes!
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

YAY! Another wonderful contest! :smiley:<3
    Although I´m not sure about to build in TS3 again I do love cabins and there is much time till the deadline, so I will give it a try.
    Thank you very much, dear @aricarai !
    Hugs :kissing_heart:
    Hey, does this contest have any kind of 'before' shots?
    AIRIS6962 wrote: »
    YAY! Another wonderful contest! :smiley:<3
    Although I´m not sure about to build in TS3 again I do love cabins and there is much time till the deadline, so I will give it a try.
    Thank you very much, dear @aricarai !
    Hugs :kissing_heart:

It'll be just like riding a bike dear @AIRIS6962 and if not the build portion, there's always the Create-A-Sim :mrgreen:
    edited November 2017
    Hey, does this contest have any kind of 'before' shots?

There doesn't need to be, but there doesn't NOT need to be either, especially if you've got a backstory brewing! Anything that's above and beyond the criteria would count toward bonus points and presentation :mrgreen:
    Awesome! Cause I got me a story!
    Can basements also get the wood floor exemption? :innocent:
    Can basements also get the wood floor exemption? :innocent:

The idea for this particular want is to have wood floors throughout the main open plan areas (I'll amend this in the build section). Because it is only a want, it's not a necessary! Buyers needs to make compromises sometimes :smile: