Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #82: The Hawthorne Legacy - Part VI
    FORUM ID: Mannanna
    ORIGIN ID:Mannanna
    LEVEL:Established
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/EF9524F7CE4B11E7855261C9B1A42A59?category=all&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Middle of nowhere&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $2,000
    BUILD COST: $73,000
    TOTAL COST: $ 75,000
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Middle Of Nowhere

ENTRY DETAILS: Two simple cottages, one decorated in semi modern style and the smaller ( Ortega ) in a more traditional way. The buildings are new so kitchen and bathrooms are modern.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please

h7SDojH.png?2
    Ij5aIUw.png
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    edited November 2017
    @xraygrl2004 Very cool! I especially like the basketball net patio and how well you organized the parents house to conserve space. Nice!!!!

@Mannanna - absolutely charming, inside and out. Beautiful landscaping too. Wonderful job!!
  • PersRealmsShadowPersRealmsShadow Posts: 360 Member
    @Ainsleyf I love it :D
    @xraygirl2004 Your houses are to cute!
    @Mannanna Your houses are lovely, and I adore the fact you included a shower AND a tub :)

Don't know if I should be commenting @BuildnShare but I couldn't pass it up, they're all so cute :D
    EkwtdjR.jpg
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    @Ainsleyf I love it :D
    @xraygirl2004 Your houses are to cute!
    @Mannanna Your houses are lovely, and I adore the fact you included a shower AND a tub :)

Don't know if I should be commenting @BuildnShare but I couldn't pass it up, they're all so cute :D
    Ofc you can comment @PersRealmsShadow!!!

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited November 2017
    @xraygrl2004 - welcome to Build n Share sweet!! Just to let you know that to get the total cosdt of your lot, you need to add your lot cost on to the cost of the creation in the gallery, you gallery cost is $73,028 and you specified your lot cost as $3000, which would bring your total cost to $76.028. This means you are $1,028 over the budget on this challenge.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • xraygrl2004xraygrl2004 Posts: 84 Member
    @BuildnShare - OMG!!!! I'm such a goof! hahahaha. I'm gonna blame cold medicine brain for that!

I just double checked my lot cost it was $2,000 not 3, my mistake - I built on Daisy Hovel in Willow Creek.
    I then went in and had a sim harvest my garden plants (the only change made) which then made the Lot Value $72,109
    So my total build cost should be $74,109. Here is a link to the new Gallery entry, (I pulled the old one)
    [url]h.ttps://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/C9B44C18CEB911E789BB61C9B1A42A59[/url]

Is this change ok? Should I submit a new entry form?

So, So, So Sorry about that. My brain obviously wasn't working properly when I initially submitted. :blush:
    Rke3QSo.jpg
    @BuildnShare - OMG!!!! I'm such a goof! hahahaha. I'm gonna blame cold medicine brain for that!

I just double checked my lot cost it was $2,000 not 3, my mistake - I built on Daisy Hovel in Willow Creek.
    I then went in and had a sim harvest my garden plants (the only change made) which then made the Lot Value $72,109
    So my total build cost should be $74,109. Here is a link to the new Gallery entry, (I pulled the old one)
    [url]h.ttps://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/C9B44C18CEB911E789BB61C9B1A42A59[/url]

Is this change ok? Should I submit a new entry form?

So, So, So Sorry about that. My brain obviously wasn't working properly when I initially submitted. :blush:
    It's no huge issue my sweet, I'll make a note on the entry list to link to the new gallery link. Sorry to hear you've been full of cold, hopefully your're feeling better now?

GArBA5W.jpg
    Hi @xraygrl2004 Fun to see a new face here :) I looked at your build and oh my, I'm impressed that you were able to build that much and still could afford to give Maimah that expensive bed and tub. Her house is cute, I especially like your kitchen/living room, looks so cozy.

Hi @PersRealmsShadow I hope you find a perfect house for your family :D I played with yours and did they ever make a mess haha. They were testers but I liked playing them so if you don't mind they will stay in my Sim world :) I promise to take care of them. Happy you liked my build.

Thank you @Ainsleyf <3

• masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: masajo
    ORIGIN ID: Cevans1962
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Pastures New
    LOT COST: 2,500
    BUILD COST: 72,492
    TOTAL COST: 74,992
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/A532p

ENTRY DETAILS: I chose a countryside location with plenty of space for the dogs to run around and lots of fresh air for the family. The grandparents house has a nice tv in the lounge with chess and a small kitchen with a computer nook. Their bedroom contains a workout nook and a half bathroom has been included on this floor. There is a private backyard with a veggie garden, easel and violin. Maimah's house is larger, again with a private backyard housing a veggie garden and easel. Maimah's room contains a computer nook and is on the ground floor, along with the bathroom, as stairs can be tricky. The boys share a 'den' on the first floor with a front balcony where the guitar is kept and a rear balcony for working out. There are stairs here leading to the backyard as a means of a fire escape.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

HF0ijw0.png

uzE2H1V.jpg
    @Mannanna of course you can :D
    @Masajo absolutely beautiful
    EkwtdjR.jpg
    @masajo - that's absolutely lovely. I love the hedges and white with brick and the stairs down to the patio! Wonderful!!
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Thank you very much @PersRealmsShadow very kind of you :)
    Many thanks @Ainsleyf really appreciate your kind words. Your Alpine style is exquisite and I love how you've converted the garage for the grandparents, fantastic idea :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member
    edited November 2017

FORUM ID: FoundMarbles
    ORIGIN ID: FoundMarbles
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/2195CE84CF4811E782B705A57EEC9667?category=lots&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=MURENGA&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 3000
    BUILD COST: 71999
    TOTAL COST: 74999
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/q4VMQ
    ENTRY DETAILS: A large comfortable home with an attached Granny Suite that has a separate entrance. Grandpa has meds and a thermometer on the dresser. Everything for independent living is provided in the Granny Suite but the units have side by side doors for getting help quickly. There are violins, guitars and two chess tables as well as 2 easels. A basket ball hoop outside that all may share and both units have yoga mats. Yoga being a gentle exercise for the elderly. There are 3 garden boxes and plenty of fruit trees. A wonderful old oak tree provides shade to the benches that are under it's canopy. No steps or stairs, anywhere! Both units have Tub-Shower arrangements and double sinks. Everyone seems to like the lot and Grandad love the fishing pond and fishing.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes Please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    RRAZXIY.png
    iI3DdLt.png

Please use hashtag #BnS82 when you upload your creations, any build, room or household without this hashtag will not be judged.

The deadline for this challenge is 22nd November 2017
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    Wow, everyones builds are soooo great. :) I hope I have time to finnish mine tonight. :)
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    FORUM ID: @FaithofKaela
    ORIGIN ID: @FaithofKaela
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Maimah Murphy's Place
    LOT COST: $3,000
    BUILD COST: $71,969
    TOTAL COST: $74,969
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Imgur Thread.
    ENTRY DETAILS: Maimah Murphy fell on hard times when she got sick, so she had to move in with her parents, I've created a refuge for the whole family, comprising a main house for Maimah, Shane and Jim and a second cottage for Star and Manuel. Shane lives in the attic and Jim the basement, with the gaming den. A fully stocked garden and orchard should help supplement any income the family has. All decorated in a traditional, yet modern way.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Always :kissing_heart:
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    JMiwMkO.jpg

JHZJiY2.jpg
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    @abelhinha35 - I just managed to get my media sorted out in time!!!

Now, I can take a look-see at all the wonderful creations for this challenges!!

@Ainsleyf - wow, loving that roofline, how creative!!

@xraygrl2004 - such a lovely dining area you created there :smile:

@mannanna - just love all that natural landscaping, so pretty!!

@masajo - another masterpiece!! I do adore your winding driveways, so clever.

@FoundMarbles - adore that wonderful blue living room!

@FoundMarbles Oh I like the quick door grab 'em if something's wrong idea :dizzy:
    @FaithofKaela The house is stunning and lord knows you must be psychic with the ramps <3
    EkwtdjR.jpg
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member

@PersRealmsShadow :smiley: Thanks, I thought the lack of steps and stairs was also a good idea with an ill elderly person. I tried to make the layout simple and easy for old folks. (Being one myself, I know stairs are a pain!)
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
    @faithofkaela - I love the landscaping with the log lined stream and bridge! Wow...the whole build is wonderful but I especially like the basement for the boys and the parent's cottage! Very cool!

@foundmarbles - I'm having the worst time trying to load your slideshow. My puter is just slower than anything tonight. I did get to see some of it and I have to say I got a huge kick from the meds and thermometer in Grannie's room and the checkerboard basketball court. Great fun! I will try to check it out again over the weekend.

@masajo Every time I see your builds it amazes me how clean and crisp they always look. Love the combo of the white and brick and your walkway is so pristine. Awesome!

@FoundMarbles Love your blue and red living rooms, and like Ainsleyf I got a chuckle out of the meds. Great idea! ( why didn't I think of that one? ) :smiley:

@FaithofKaela what a super idea to create ramps! Love your orchard area and the main garden, beautiful!
    @PersRealmsShadow - well you said in your brief that Maimah struggled with stairs, so I wanted to make it as easy as possible for her to get in and out of the house! That way she might feel more comfortable leaving the home once in a while :wink:

@FoundMarbles - thanks, hon, I have to admit, I *borrowed* the stream idea from @abelhinha35's last build, as for the basement, it was the only way I was going to fit in living accommodation for Shane! I'm glad that you liked it.

@mannanna - shall I let you in on a secret, I totally ran out of cash and there was this massive empty space there, then it struck me, an orchard, free, but pretty!!
    Good morning all and Happy Thanksgiving to all our American Simmers!!

#BnS82 is now officially closed!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited December 2017
    #BnS83 - A Townie Home

As you wander around the streets of Willow Creek, your thoughts stray to the people you see milling around, you can’t help but wonder where they live, what sort of home they live in, what they do for a living, all these questions. You tend to see the same people around and about the place. You stop off at the park, and see a young black woman, with brown hair in a chignon, sat at a chess table, all on her own, she looks so sad. You take the seat opposite her and ask if she fancies a game.

“If you want.” She says, looking at you with sad brown eyes.

So you make the first move and as she responds, she sighs.

“Can I ask why you are so sad?” You say to her.

She hesitates, you can see her thought process “This random weirdo, just sat down next to me, they want to play chess, fine, I can play chess, you want to chat? Why should I tell you what’s wrong and who in the heck are you anyway?”

“I’m a local architect, I have the afternoon off work, my last clients were incredibly happy with the home I just built for them, and I thought I would take a stroll around the neighbourhood I call home.”

She takes another move on the board. “Dang, I think she’s going to beat me.” You think to yourself.”

“An architect you say? You build homes? for people?” She asks.

“That’s right, I just finished two homes on one lot, for a fairly meagre budget, it was tough, but I got it done.” And done right, you add on the end, Maimah was so thankful for the home you created for her and her extended family.

“Hmmm….” Is all the woman has to say.

You carry on with the match, losing more and more pieces to the woman sat across from you.

“I don’t much like people, prefer my own company. Sharing a block with some other folks at present, they don’t take kindly to my mean streak. But, you know, if they’re gonna play loud music at that time in the morning, maybe their stereo equipment just broke of it’s own accord. At least my hobbies don’t disturb anyone.” You detect a slight twang of the deep south in her accent, subtle, but it’s there.

“What are your hobbies?” You ask, hoping that this might draw her out and into further conversation.

“Well, I like to write and paint, anything that gets the creative juices flowing really. And I’ve pretty darn handy around the house, if anything breaks in the place I’m living, someone usually just says “Let Hope fix it.” I am getting sick and tired of being walked all over. That and I like to crack a joke, usually at someone else's expense. ”

“Sounds like you need new accommodation.” You say with a wink.

“Hmmmm…..” Is all Hope responds with.

“Sheesh, this is like getting blood out of a stone,” You think to yourself.

As Hope plays her next move, she says “Checkmate.”

You stop and look at the board, and sure enough, the woman has beaten you, you have a smattering of pieces left on the board.

“Well, I’d best leave you with your thoughts.” You say and make a move to get up from your seat.

“Wait, you don’t want a rematch?” Hope asks. “It was just, I was just thinking, you’re an architect, right?”

“That’s right.” You reply with a smile,

“Well, I have some savings and I don't really know why I’m holding onto them and living in the flea infested pit I’m in right now. Maybe you could build me a place of my own?”

“Well, I have some questions first.” Her face falls.

“I never take a client on without knowing their name.”

A faltering smile plays on her lips. “I’m Hope, Hope Potts.”

“It’s nice to meet you, Hope.” You raise your arm for a handshake, which she accepts.

“Let’s talk about what you need.” While you rack your brains furiously, hoping that Karl can sweet talk you a two-week extension on your next planned project.

Brief:
    Create a home for Hope Potts, she is a landlord in SanMysuno (maxed handiness skill). She is going to sell her apartment complex to enable her to afford a new home here in Willow Creek. She is creative, mean and a loner. She would like a home that reminds her of her childhood growing up in a Mid Century Modern home. You can choose from any of the house plans on this article Please make sure that you say which of the plans you chose in your entry details. The interiors and landscaping are up to you. You have $100,000 to play with for this challenge.

NB. You do not have to include the unusable pantries/cupboards in your floorplan. But all other doors and windows should be as shown on the plan.

Sim Challenge:
    Create your version of Hope Potts, using the details given in the brief.

Room Challenge
    Create a study/art room for Hope to pursue her creative ambitions, whether this is writing, painting, music, is up to you! You have a budget of $20,000.

A reminder to use the entry form as is. If you are adding any pictures, please limit them to two per entry post and place them at the bottom of the entry form.

BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    CHALLENGE #83: A Townie Home

FORUM ID:
    ORIGIN ID:
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert)
    LOT: (Link to where the build can be found with on The Gallery)
    LOT COST:
    LOT NAME: (Which lot you built on)
    BUILD COST:
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and build cost added together)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by)
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry)
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

SIM ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)

FORUM ID:
    ORIGIN ID:
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert)
    HOUSEHOLD: (Link to where the household can be found with on The Gallery)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry)
    Please note the changes to the entry form, the judges are having some difficulties in working out if people are entering the Room/Sim challenges, therefore we are making it compulsory for the Sim and/or Room challenges to have their own media showcases.

ROOM ENTRY FORM[ (please copy and paste into your entry post)

FORUM ID:
    ORIGIN ID:
    HOUSEHOLD: (Link to where the build can be found with on The Gallery)
    Please note the changes to the entry form, the judges are having some difficulties in working out if people are entering the Room/Sim challenges, therefore we are making it compulsory for the Sim and/or Room challenges to have their own media showcases.

Please use hashtag #BnS83 when you upload your creations, any build, room or household without this hashtag will not be judged.

The deadline for this challenge is 6th December 2017
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    Squeeeeeee! I really love the idea of this challenge! I am going to push to get an entry in on this one, for sure!
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
    Laebeth wrote: »
    Squeeeeeee! I really love the idea of this challenge! I am going to push to get an entry in on this one, for sure!
    Glad you like the challenge @Laebeth!! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top