Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Collab for the Alien Adoption Challenge #Collab4AAC

Comments

• Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    For_Eorzea wrote: »
    I don't know yet what this will come to be, but I submitted my page to the Stories and Legacies Index! I'm slightly nervous, to be honest.

Oh, hey! There's nothing to be nervous about! In fact, I'd encourage everyone to submit their stories there! I was lucky enough to join another friend in helping @mastressalita set them up when she was first getting the blog ready, and it was an awesome experience! So many wonderful stories! Really absolutely the thing-to-do to be included in this vast, authoritative online index of SimLit! :)

@For_Eorzea : Anyone is welcome to submit to the Stories and Legacies Index, even during this period where I've been more or less MIA around these parts. I'll admit I'm waaaaaaay behind updating it right now, but that is just because my health is such that I've had to step back from a few things at the moment. (I finally had to get paperwork approved for the Family Medical Leave Act at my job... it's been... a process). But I have all submission forms safely stashed away, and updates will resume to both the Stories and Legacies Index and my own simlit site when I'm feeling able/inspired again.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Here's the latest chapter. Some stuff goes down. Enjoy!

Chapter 6: Forever Gone
    000_10-29-17_9-53-34c2a0am.png
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    ThymelessThymeless Posts: 1,184 Member
    The collab with @allysimbuilds is up! :smiley: It was a lot of fun to work on (and it turned into a pretty long chapter). Plus, as well as lots of Emmanuel, we also get a kitten. And Emmanuel holding a kitten. Win/Win!

I'm feeling pretty near back to normal now, so I'm going to try to binge on all the updates I've missed this last week or so :) Looking forward to it (and catching up with the forum posts, too)!
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Sci-fi/Fantasy Lover | Taurus
    House: Hufflepuff/Pukwudgie
    The Centauri Legacy | Can You Hear the Violins? | Drifting with Nifflers
    Reading Circles: Reader's Nook
  • Options
    allysimbuildsallysimbuilds Posts: 422 Member
    @mastressalita Oh, FMLA, I've been there... rough stuff. I hope things improve and go smoothly for you!

@Thymeless Manny+Ghost is my desktop background... B)
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Welcome back @Thymeless ! Glad you're feeling better. I wasn't feeling great over the weekend either and ended up curled up in bed with my phone to read simlit.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    For those of you interested in a behind-the-scenes (as well as an apology from me for misidentifying Sept initially), here 's my first set of Author's Notes from Lighthouse.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    XantheanmarXantheanmar Posts: 445 Member
    Is Sept panromantic/sexual solely, or is he also demisexual/romantic?
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options
    Is Sept panromantic/sexual solely, or is he also demisexual/romantic?

panromantic/pansexual... I think....

Or....

Hmmm.... maybe he is demi,since he only rolled whims for Mallory and that was after they were already close enough to be best friends...
    Can demisexuals be very, very, very sexual when they are with their demis?

And how would I be able to tell if he were demisexual or pansexual?

He is super romantic, and it's in a panromantic way, for sure... the kind of pan I am, with falling in love with everything and the universe included!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    XantheanmarXantheanmar Posts: 445 Member
    Demisexual is a modifier- hence demipansexual (what I am!) You can be a demisexual anything!
    Demis can, indeed, be very sexual :)
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options
    Demisexual is a modifier- hence demipansexual (what I am!) You can be a demisexual anything!
    Demis can, indeed, be very sexual :)

I just reread Lighthouse, and, reflecting on how he only felt attracted to her once he loved her, I think you're right: He's panromantic and demipansexual! :)

Since I'm a.se.xual , it's hard for me to tell the difference between demi and non-demi... demi feels like really strong attraction to me!

• Options
    For_EorzeaFor_Eorzea Posts: 380 Member
    I don't know yet what this will come to be, but I submitted my page to the Stories and Legacies Index! I'm slightly nervous, to be honest.

Oh, hey! There's nothing to be nervous about! In fact, I'd encourage everyone to submit their stories there! I was lucky enough to join another friend in helping @mastressalita set them up when she was first getting the blog ready, and it was an awesome experience! So many wonderful stories! Really absolutely the thing-to-do to be included in this vast, authoritative online index of SimLit! :)

@For_Eorzea : Anyone is welcome to submit to the Stories and Legacies Index, even during this period where I've been more or less MIA around these parts. I'll admit I'm waaaaaaay behind updating it right now, but that is just because my health is such that I've had to step back from a few things at the moment. (I finally had to get paperwork approved for the Family Medical Leave Act at my job... it's been... a process). But I have all submission forms safely stashed away, and updates will resume to both the Stories and Legacies Index and my own simlit site when I'm feeling able/inspired again.

Thanks. I wish you well!
  • Options
    Here's a new chapter! Lighthouse: The Ferry Hestia

• Options
    For_EorzeaFor_Eorzea Posts: 380 Member

Yes. Please. Thank you.
  • Options

Yes. Please. Thank you.

:)

• Options
    Here's the next chapter. Wendy is trying to deal with some of the issues that occurred in the previous chapter, and has come to the only logical conclusion.

Chapter 7: Reject
    000_11-04-17_9-21-24c2a0am.png
  • Options
    wendelynewendelyne Posts: 212 Member
    New chapter!

In Chapter 5: I worry... Robyn realises there are ups and downs when it comes to parenting.
    aIx0Sxb.png
  • Options
    x4OrF0W.jpg

Magnolia faces down her challenge, and gets a job offer in chapter 4!

From now til the end of the year, Magnolia will update Mondays and Wednesdays! I'm reworking my schedule in the new year, so I'll figure out the rest when the time comes.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    Mallory shares the big news... how do you think it's received? Lighthouse: Not My Parents

• Options
    DeiraShadeweaverDeiraShadeweaver Posts: 647 Member
    I've been doing a great deal of reading these past two days because I needed a break from playing my legacy and looking after 5 toddlers! I think I have read everyone's stories! I probably have to reread some at a later point of time, but mostly I'm caught up now. It's been absolutely wonderful.

I would love to be accepted in the worldbuilding group! I already have some ideas for my future story, though I have no idea when I'll actually start it!
  • Options
    I've been doing a great deal of reading these past two days because I needed a break from playing my legacy and looking after 5 toddlers! I think I have read everyone's stories! I probably have to reread some at a later point of time, but mostly I'm caught up now. It's been absolutely wonderful.

I would love to be accepted in the worldbuilding group! I already have some ideas for my future story, though I have no idea when I'll actually start it!

Oooh! I'm so excited to have you take part! I'll add you to the World Building PM! With all your language skills and experience, I'd love to have you in the Vingihoplo group, too, if you're interested and willing! :)

• Options
    Happy Thursgiving, collab friends! :)<3:)

• Options
    Many thanks to @allysimbuilds and @ny275 for cowriting this chapter with me!

It's set a few years in advance of where Ally and Ny's stories currently are... but it's not really spoilery, more like a preview of great things to come!

Lighthouse: The New Sexy

• Options

It's set a few years in advance of where Ally and Ny's stories currently are... but it's not really spoilery, more like a preview of great things to come!

That chapter title alone encourages me to catch up! Grr! I don't like to let anyone jump my reading list, not even you! :D
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    Karilan wrote: »

That chapter title alone encourages me to catch up! Grr! I don't like to let anyone jump my reading list, not even you! :D

We've been watching the BBC Sherlock (for about the fifth time!), and this chapter has at least two quotations from it!

• Options
    Hello everybody, happy day after Thanksgiving! (or Friday, if you're outside of the USA). Here's the latest chapter. Wendy has gone somewhere to get her head on straight and forget about everything that is going on with her child. Bonus: I think she actually says his name out loud for the first time since giving him his name.

Chapter 8: Pour Decisions
    000_11-02-17_7-09-23c2a0pm.png

Enjoy!