Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

French Romance Event

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,703 Member
Is back for those who didn't get a chance to complete it. I was able to unlock all prizes but was unable to purchase the last two. Should be fairly easy to get the Chateau this time.

Comments

• LillyPutian0LillyPutian0 Posts: 103 Member
    Is the Chateau purchased with items from the crafting station or is there a Simolean requirement as well?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,703 Member
    Is the Chateau purchased with items from the crafting station or is there a Simolean requirement as well?

Just requires items from the crafting tables. However, if you have any of the purple social points you can use them for mega spins to get the coins. You can also use them for any crafting shortages.
  • SisterSpookySisterSpooky Posts: 1 New Member
    I am not 100% on this, I would need to review case law on this; but I believe EA is required by law to provide a way to accomplish the objectives without requiring the user to spend money. If they don't, I believe they could face a class action suit.

If one cannot accomplish the objectives without spending real world currency, it may be due to mismanagement of resources. Either way, in order to complete the objectives, one must do some very careful advanced planning if they're planning on doing this "free" of charge.
    I finished. Most of these events take a couple of tries to complete. This is the second time the French Romance event has been presented so there's no law that says it has to be completed the first time. Also for someone just starting the game with few Sims and few resources there is no way they would finish without using real money. But that's their choice. It can be done without spending any money.
    I finished. Most of these events take a couple of tries to complete. This is the second time the French Romance event has been presented so there's no law that says it has to be completed the first time. Also for someone just starting the game with few Sims and few resources there is no way they would finish without using real money. But that's their choice. It can be done without spending any money.
    Does this mean that if the event comes around again, we won't have to unlock the things we unlocked before? Or, how does that work?

Honestly, this quest has almost broken me. There is too much grind, grind, grind. In order to keep up with the quest and meet the deadlines, I've had to babysit the tablet to the point that it interfers with life - you know, sleeping, bathing, working, socializing...the real stuff. And it's not like it's a lot of fun, either, just pushing buttons. The coin flower has given me more 1's, 2s, and 3s than anything else. I'm rather frustrated at this point. I never wanted a game that required this much attention and especially one with so little time to enjoy it. All the questing means no free exploration. If the quest comes back and doesn't require this amount of attention from me to complete, I would feel better about it.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    I am not 100% on this, I would need to review case law on this; but I believe EA is required by law to provide a way to accomplish the objectives without requiring the user to spend money. If they don't, I believe they could face a class action suit.

If one cannot accomplish the objectives without spending real world currency, it may be due to mismanagement of resources. Either way, in order to complete the objectives, one must do some very careful advanced planning if they're planning on doing this "free" of charge.
    I don’t believe that there are any laws about this at all because EA can do almost anything if EA wants to. But F2P games are free for a reason. Even so not everything in such games need to be free anyway. But the game companies earn money from such games in two ways:
    1. Voluntary in game purchases.
    2. Showing adds from other companies which those companies pay for.

This means that it is extremely important for the game company that as many as possible continue to play the game even if most of them never buy anything because the income from showing adds likely depends on how many times the adds are shown. Also as long as people still are playing there is still a chance that they at some time will make an ingame purchase anyway. So for the game company it pays to make sure that the game really is free to play for those who need it to be.
  • VermilionSphereVermilionSphere Posts: 114 Member
    my Movie Star has been waiting for her French Chateau ! finally she has been able to move in . i was permitted to earn it on my second try , but of course i had to wait for the second opportunity to be presented
    Does this mean that if the event comes around again, we won't have to unlock the things we unlocked before? Or, how does that work?

Honestly, this quest has almost broken me. There is too much grind, grind, grind. In order to keep up with the quest and meet the deadlines, I've had to babysit the tablet to the point that it interfers with life - you know, sleeping, bathing, working, socializing...the real stuff. And it's not like it's a lot of fun, either, just pushing buttons. The coin flower has given me more 1's, 2s, and 3s than anything else. I'm rather frustrated at this point. I never wanted a game that required this much attention and especially one with so little time to enjoy it. All the questing means no free exploration. If the quest comes back and doesn't require this amount of attention from me to complete, I would feel better about it.

@LillyPutian0, Once you've unlocked items they remain unlocked. Even if you don't have enough resources to purchase them. I have to agree with it taking maybe two or three tries to complete if you don't have many sims. I had the max number allowed working on the crafting tables. During the day I would select the 2 and 1/2 hr task and the 8 and 1/2 hr task for overnight. On the days that I work, part-time, I'd select the 4 and 1/2 hr task. That way I wasn't just grinding non stop. One tip for the coin flower that I've found helpful is to wait until you accumulate enough for a lot of spins then there's a greater chance that you'll get the higher coin amounts. I've gotten the 125 coins several times and lots of 8's and 12's, and 20's.

I do have to agree with you that's it not much fun but it's almost an obsession trying to complete them all. Not to the point where I'll spend real money though. And then I don't open the game until the next quest comes along. :p
  • EnderGamer87EnderGamer87 Posts: 248 Member
    I had the last 4 Items to get, and I was like oh I should be able to do it. I spent all 12 days doing it and only got 3 out of the last four prizes and it was do to the constructor coins. Those are a pain to get.
    simgirl1010 . you mean you only play FreePlay when there is a Quest ?
    > @simgirl1010 said:
    > I do have to agree with you that's it not much fun but it's almost an obsession trying to complete them all. Not to the point where I'll spend real money though. And then I don't open the game until the next quest comes along. :p

you mean you only play FreePlay when there is a Quest ?

Yeah. :) I've been playing since it was released in 2011. I don't like how the game is in real time and how the sims are not autonomous. I have the max number of Sims, all my lots are built so I just play the quests now.
  • anomalyanomaly Posts: 147 Member

Yeah. :) I've been playing since it was released in 2011. I don't like how the game is in real time and how the sims are not autonomous. I have the max number of Sims, all my lots are built so I just play the quests now.

Me too! I only play when there are quests to get new things and the mostly if i feel like building but otherwise it kinda gets tedious.
    high functioning sociopath

I actually like that the game is in real time because then I can play other games too at the same time. For me the sims are already too autonomous and I hate it when they insist on showing me a catwalk before they stop as I told them or when they climb down the fire pole if I am too slow to stop them from doing it. If they were even more autonomous I would likely become so annoyed that I stopped playing the game for good.

But I agree with you that the game really isn’t worth playing if you already have built everything and are on the top level. Fortunately I still need to build a few more of the buildings that you only can build for orbs because otherwise I also would only play the game for the quests. The game should give us more options to expand our world and not just by all the time offering new houses and other things that we can buy for real money (which I never do anyway).
    I'm just ready for a new mobile game. Animal Crossing is releasing for iPad and smart phones on Wednesday and Sims Mobile is coming in the spring. Those will provide enough mobile gaming for me.
    > @simgirl1010 said:
    > VermilionSphere wrote: »
    >
    > simgirl1010 . you mean you only play FreePlay when there is a Quest ?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I have the max number of Sims, all my lots are built so I just play the quests now.

so then you don't require Game Currency or LP
    Unfortunately the quests rarely require game currency or LPs. Both of which I have plenty of. I've got $91, 000,000 in game currency and can't remember how many LPs.
    Unfortunately the quests rarely require game currency or LPs. Both of which I have plenty of. I've got $91, 000,000 in game currency and can't remember how many LPs.
    I only have about $5,000,000 but more than a thousand LPs because my sims have almost exclusively worked on LPs and SPs for a long time. I still have 169 SPs after using more than a hundred SPs to speed up quests.

But I agree with you that we get much more than we need. The cause is though that we don’t play the game as we are meant to do because building houses, decorating them, tearing them down and building other houses to replace them all the time is actually expensive. That just isn’t my way of playing at all.
    edited February 2018
    I luv the Chateau now that i have it . i think it's gorgeous . serenely splendid
    Post edited by VermilionSphere on
    edited January 2018

@LillyPutian0, Once you've unlocked items they remain unlocked. Even if you don't have enough resources to purchase them. I have to agree with it taking maybe two or three tries to complete if you don't have many sims. I had the max number allowed working on the crafting tables. During the day I would select the 2 and 1/2 hr task and the 8 and 1/2 hr task for overnight. On the days that I work, part-time, I'd select the 4 and 1/2 hr task. That way I wasn't just grinding non stop. One tip for the coin flower that I've found helpful is to wait until you accumulate enough for a lot of spins then there's a greater chance that you'll get the higher coin amounts. I've gotten the 125 coins several times and lots of 8's and 12's, and 20's.

I do have to agree with you that's it not much fun but it's almost an obsession trying to complete them all. Not to the point where I'll spend real money though. And then I don't open the game until the next quest comes along. :p

Thank you so much for responding. Sorry I took so long to respond myself; it's been an age since I've visited the forums. That's great news about the unlocks! I may think about that for the next event. I had a better experience with this type of event more recently. A few differences had to do with more resources and better management.

Here's what I learned by the second time around:

1- As soon as the event was announced and I learned of it, I put the maximum number of Sims on each station.

2 - Like you, I learned to manage the task times so that it didn't feel like a grind. As often as possible, I set the Sims to work the minimum time and product limit because, over time, it adds up to more items produced than the longer work sessions. I used the minimum longer times for work and sleep times (mine) and collected bonus items every 30 minutes or so as I was able.
    I tried to check in before the timer was up because I wasn't sure if the bonus items simply disappeared if you didn't collect them.

3 - I used social points to restock the stations. Having enough social points accumulated helped with this. I ran through somewhere between 120 and 150 social points, but do not remember the amount exactly. I may have done a couple of mega spins on the coin flower, but that is a waste of time because if you collect enough candles, you can easily get the coins through spinning the regular flower.

4 - I made candles throughout the event to pay for coin spins. I did hire Lara Craft at the beginning and focused her heavily on coin spins, but I'm not sure that it's necessary to do so. It releived some anxiety for me....

5 - I had enough cake slices from VIP membership (meaning I've spent more $$ on the game than I even intended to when I started, but it does come with some perks) to afford a cake slice for the entire Sim town population daily throughout the event. The slices inspire and fill the needs of the Sims, which is quite a neat trick. If I didn't have them, I woud rely on the singing fish.

6 - I finished the event two days early. As I said, you can collect enough candles to cover the coins through regular spins. I didn't measure it, but got the sense that the average of spins resulted in around 3 coins. If you divide the total number of coins needed by 3, then you will know how many spins you need. Multiply that number by 450 candles and that number will represent more than the number you need for the event, keeping in mind that you get coins for fulfilling the daily goals. Unlike you, I was never lucky enough this time to get 125. The most I managed at a spin was 12. I had saved most of my spins and then would spend some time spinning, so that trick didn't affect the outcome either. I think it is simply luck.